A Heart's Wish (GM: Swashbuckler and Loves) all welcome

Started by Loves, February 23, 2015, 11:01:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Juggtacular

Tinkertoy

Well dang, apparently in the original Brother's Grimm and the Disney version, Snow White was only fourteen (ew....). I have two options, I can either make it so that the time between her fleeing the castle and being given the apple to be a great number of years OR I can have it so she had her portal appear at fourteen/fifteen and she has been living in Faircastle for say ten years or so.

Which would suit things better?

I only wanna be your self-inflicted wound.
It sees you, baby. The friction between me and you.
Show me what makes you human, I'll show you vulnerable.
You bend, you break, you surrender and melt like solid gold.

Hazy Sky

Current musings on the Hatter...

Player Name: Skyre

Story Book Title/Fable: The Hatter from Alice in Wonderland.

Character Name: He likes the name Leopold. However most people abbreviate it to Leo. He does not have a surname.

Age: He appears to be in his thirties. His actual age is unclear due to the effects of forever Teatime.

Face Claim: Unknown. It's hard to say who he is.

Hair: Black. Greying at the sides. Something he will deny if asked about it and then blame on the Queen of Hearts if pressed.

Eyes: Yes. Two of them. Violet. Please note the that the Hatter is severely visually impaired.

Weight: More than the doormouse, but less than the March hare! That's about 150,000 teaspoons in old money.

Height: A nice even five foot and thirteen inches.

Physical Description: The Hatter is immaculately dressed for High Tea in a black evening suit and a top hat. He was wearing a bow tie, but has discarded this in favour of an open collar, because it's impossible for him to retie the damned thing at the moment. He is always clean shaven and seems to have developed the odd trick of simply not being in the way when things get messy. As a result he is and will always remain spotlessly clean and sharply dressed. He's tall and slender with long, thin fingers and striking violet eyes that gaze straight ahead unseeing. They glitter disconcertingly in the darkness or when examined closely. The Hatter seems to see as well or equally badly in the darkness as in light.
Considering he is almost blind he is rather inexplicably good at card tricks.

Other Notable Features: The Hatter always has a top hat with him and a gold fob watch on a chain which he checks fairly regularly. It's not that he's interested in the time as such. With his eyesight he can't currently read it at all. It's whether or not the watch is still ticking which concerns him. He also has acquired a black dress cane with a silver top. Quite where he got this is anyone's guess. He did not arrive with it. The Hatter is evasive on the subject if asked about it.

Likes (non sexual): "Singing. Riddles. Chaos. Watches and clocks. Magic. Clothes. Anything that isn't tea, sandwiches or cake. Queens. Being free. Time."

Dislikes (non-sexual): "Tea, cake and sandwiches. Six o'clock. Queens. Being bored. Being made to do things."

Personality of Character - in story: The Hatter is frozen in time after displeasing the Queen of Hearts with a song. Although the days change it's always six o'clock and Teatime. This has resulted in the Hatter becoming somewhat unhinged and erratic. His equal parts and simultaneous fear, loathing and adoration of the Queen of Hearts hasn't helped his sanity much either.

Personality of Character - out of story: Not much better than in the story. Escaping from forever Teatime in Wonderland has somehow resulted in the Hatter becoming in a conventional sense almost blind. He sees the world as a shadowy, blurry mess. Not all of the shadows are friendly or even real. This probably doesn't help calm him down.
He remains extremely erratic and unpredictable. His moods swing and change without warning and he is prone to fixations or obsessions. He has a deep dislike of anything associated with Teatime and has a love hate relationship with all female members of royalty. He both dispises and adores them equally and at the same time. He enjoys being able to do as he pleases, even if he has no idea what to do with his freedom.
He is obviously intelligent and can be very talkative. He understands right and wrong, truth and lies, guilt and innocence, but considers them to be some else's problem that do not apply to him.
He understands what manners are, but chooses to ignore them in favour of general irreverence and equal disrespect of everyone. Except female royalty to whom he will probably be overly polite and formal to the point of being fearful and nervous around them. Under stress or when he is alone he is prone to talking to himself. He would never admit to it, but he misses the company of the March hare and the doormouse. As a result he is a bit lonely. In short the Hatter can only be relied upon to be unreliable.

The day the world changed: "When you offend the Queen of Hearts horrible things can happen to you. Take me for instance. I was just singing a little song to entertain her Highness at an intimate party and the next thing I know it's always six o'clock, always Teatime. Oh the days pass you know, the sun comes up and goes down, but it's always six o'clock, always Teatime. One gets rather sick of Teatime after a while. So when I found a rabbithole I said to myself, I said "Anywhere is better than this miserable moment of forever Teatime." And down I went without stopping to think how I would ever get out again. So what if this world is shadowy and vague, so what I say? Time passes here! Listen, my watch is ticking! What? You think it's running slow? I think it's about two days wrong myself. A touch of butter should fix that. What was I saying? Oh yes! I'm free! I'm free! I'm free! No tea! No Queens! I'm not going back. No how, no way."

Sexual Preference: He's straight, but only vaguely aware of concepts like attraction, love and lust.

Turn Ons : Queens. Watches. Honestly he has no idea about this stuff and doesn't really understand the question.

Turn Offs: Cake. Tea. Cake and Tea. Tea and Cake. Queens. Blood (He doesn't like the smell or feel of it). Pain.

RP Thoughts/Plans: The Hatter is likely to be unpredictable and may side with good or evil as amuses him or he sees fit. He is unlikely to side with any character who seeks to return all the characters to their story. He has no desire to go back to it always being six o'clock and Teatime. However he may sympathise with another character who is clearly lost and struggling. Or he may take the mick out of them.
Ultimately his loyalty will be to himself and anyone he decides is a friend though rather than to an idea or concept. Self preservation is key to the Hatter, but he could be a hero if he wanted to. Just don't rely upon it.
Please note that the Hatter will have no recollection of Alice. Forever Teatime is something of a hideous endless blur to him. He is likely to consider her to have been a delusion or a passing fancy.
Looking for and accepting new stories.

Current earworms
Kallax
The Midnight
WOLFCLUB

Loves

Quote from: Bloodied Porcelain on February 23, 2015, 05:49:37 PM
If you would rather not go with the legends, I would like to reserve Ariel and Belle.

okay, thank you for that.  I have reserved both characters for you.

Quote from: Tinkertoy on February 23, 2015, 09:32:56 PM
Uh-oh...alright, I will throw myself at your mercy. I am interested in Snow White...dibs?

Snow White it is :)

Quote from: Batman4560 on February 23, 2015, 09:57:08 PM
Love's will you put a hold on the Huntsmen for me?

For you, absolutely! ;)

Quote from: Tinkertoy on February 24, 2015, 05:20:01 AM
Well dang, apparently in the original Brother's Grimm and the Disney version, Snow White was only fourteen (ew....). I have two options, I can either make it so that the time between her fleeing the castle and being given the apple to be a great number of years OR I can have it so she had her portal appear at fourteen/fifteen and she has been living in Faircastle for say ten years or so.

Which would suit things better?

due to Es rules no character shall be under 17, so this my thoughts on the age thing....

There are many versions of these classic fairy tales from the Brothers Grimm all the way to beloved Disney cartoons.  Some of the stories have changed slightly to suit children, and others no so much.  Think of it as stories being told simultaneously, living and breathing in parallel lines. When the stories become so beloved and cherished that the heart of children wish for them to come true, a sudden door appears within those parallel lines... so once a character(s) crosses it into the world of our reality and finds themselves in Faircastle, that opening closes forever (or so we think).  That doesn't mean that other characters from the same story but in a different version cannot pop up... though for simplicity we are only going to allow one character ... meaning one Belle not six.  ;)   

Soooooo what I am trying to say here with way too many words (I blame the cold meds).  You can twist and create your Snow White as you need to to fit, meaning she might be 17 or 18 or in her 20s in your version.  As long as the stories don't come too far away from what we all know as the fable/fairytale or Disney movie.

ON HIATUS AGAIN

Loves

Once you have your character sheets completed and are ready for GM approval, please PM both GMs (Swashbuckler and Loves)  using the subject line "A Hearts Wish - your character name -"

any wiseass who sends me one with "your character name" instead of putting the name of your chosen character is going to get Loves "stern look" ... yes, I have a stern look! Don't laugh at me... just because I'm Canadian doesn't mean I can't get tough!  Oh be quiet Swashy!  Okay, so anyone who does that will get Swashbucklers "stern look" 

:)

Thank you for listening... or reading... whatever :P
Loves

ON HIATUS AGAIN

Hazy Sky

A slightly tweaked Hatter sheet is now with you both.

Current earworms
Kallax
The Midnight
WOLFCLUB

Loves

ON HIATUS AGAIN

Hazy Sky

You're welcome lovely Loves. I wasn't sure what abilities would allowed, or required, so I only gave him a few that seemed to fit. Namely his ability to see equally badly all the time, always being clean shaven and always staying spotlessly clean and immaculately presented. I have a few combat orientated abilities for him in mind that I can easily add in if they're required.

Current earworms
Kallax
The Midnight
WOLFCLUB

Bloodied Porcelain

If anyone wants to play Eric and/or Beast, shoot me a PM so we can do the plotty things. :D

Also... I'm currently trying to reconcile the original story (which has some moments I think would be a bit much for kids... and a lot of spiritual nonsense about immortal souls and damnation and such) with the more well known and "happier" version laid out in the Disney movie. Oof. I like the original best, but I can't see it being a particularly good Story Time story. xD
I want no ordinary lover. I want a storm. I want sleepless nights and endless conversations at four a.m. I want passion, I want madness.
I want someone who's able to make my whole body shiver from a distance and also pull me close to make sense of all my bones.

~ Bizarre, Beautiful, And Breathtaking ~
~ O/O ~ Seeking ~ A/A ~ Mirrors and Masks ~ Poetry ~
She walked with the universe on her shoulders and made it look like wings.

Hazy Sky

Yeah some old children's stories are dark. I'm sure that in the original little mermaid she dissolves into sea foam at the end rather than getting a happily ever after...

The Hatter is a much easier and more chaotic prospect as a character. If anyone wants to work anything out with the Hatter in terms of ideas or plots, please let me know.

Current earworms
Kallax
The Midnight
WOLFCLUB

Bloodied Porcelain

She pitches herself off a cliff thinking she will become sea foam (because she couldn't bring herself to kill the Prince in order to become a mermaid anymore), but instead ends up becoming a daughter of the air before she hits the water and is told by the other air spirits that she can eventually earn a soul by doing good deeds. But I'm more thinking about the whole... instead of having her voice taken, the sea witch cuts out her tongue... and that the potion she takes "feels as if she's being run through with a sword" and that she lives every day in agony from having legs/feet but in spite of that, she still dances for the Prince, who ends up falling in love with the temple maiden/princess he believes saved him instead of Ariel, who actually saved him.

It's a sad story and is kind of gruesome.
I want no ordinary lover. I want a storm. I want sleepless nights and endless conversations at four a.m. I want passion, I want madness.
I want someone who's able to make my whole body shiver from a distance and also pull me close to make sense of all my bones.

Loves

Quote from: Bloodied Porcelain on February 24, 2015, 08:44:33 AM
If anyone wants to play Eric and/or Beast, shoot me a PM so we can do the plotty things. :D

Also... I'm currently trying to reconcile the original story (which has some moments I think would be a bit much for kids... and a lot of spiritual nonsense about immortal souls and damnation and such) with the more well known and "happier" version laid out in the Disney movie. Oof. I like the original best, but I can't see it being a particularly good Story Time story. xD

The story time will open the door to that particular story as its told, however, your version doesn't have to be from that Disney story, or movie, or whatnot.  Think of it like a highway with six or more lanes going either way.  So The Little Mermaid has, say for arguments sake, 6 story versions.  So six story versions are being told in the "fantasy" realm at the exact same time. The Disney "Ariel" is very popular and triggers the "hearts wish" which opens the door between reality and fantasy across the board.  Sooooo, your Ariel might be reaching the opening before the Disney "Ariel" does.  So, although its the Disney story that triggered the opening, that doesn't mean its the Disney version of "Ariel that comes out."

make sense?
ON HIATUS AGAIN

Bloodied Porcelain

Quote from: Loves on February 24, 2015, 09:45:02 AM
The story time will open the door to that particular story as its told, however, your version doesn't have to be from that Disney story, or movie, or whatnot.  Think of it like a highway with six or more lanes going either way.  So The Little Mermaid has, say for arguments sake, 6 story versions.  So six story versions are being told in the "fantasy" realm at the exact same time. The Disney "Ariel" is very popular and triggers the "hearts wish" which opens the door between reality and fantasy across the board.  Sooooo, your Ariel might be reaching the opening before the Disney "Ariel" does.  So, although its the Disney story that triggered the opening, that doesn't mean its the Disney version of "Ariel that comes out."

make sense?

I gotcha. :) Still means I need to decide which version I like best. xD

In other news... Why is settling on a face so hard? >.<

I'm narrowed down to Elle Alexandra and Leanna Decker for Ariel. Elle has the face/hair/skin, but Leanna has the body. Tits and ass for daayyyys. And she also looks like an actual, natural redhead, where Elle it looks more obviously dyed. *huffs and stares at google search pages*

Loves

Quote from: Bloodied Porcelain on February 24, 2015, 10:20:22 AM
I gotcha. :) Still means I need to decide which version I like best. xD

In other news... Why is settling on a face so hard? >.<

I'm narrowed down to Elle Alexandra and Leanna Decker for Ariel. Elle has the face/hair/skin, but Leanna has the body. Tits and ass for daayyyys. And she also looks like an actual, natural redhead, where Elle it looks more obviously dyed. *huffs and stares at google search pages*

Both are very lovely, you have your work cut out for you.  That's for sure ;)
ON HIATUS AGAIN

Senti

Should get Alice sent tonight...finding pics. Also getting distracted by fairy tales :P You are evil.  Hacker has to be an evil minion cocker.

Loves

Quote from: Senti on February 24, 2015, 11:00:47 AM
Should get Alice sent tonight...finding pics. Also getting distracted by fairy tales :P You are evil.  Hacker has to be an evil minion cocker.

Evil backwards is Live.
So you might say that I Live to be Evil

;)

Though I'm far too sweet to be totally bad :p

ON HIATUS AGAIN

Juggtacular

Bloodied Porcelain

Hey Skyre, I did some google fu, and the guy in that pic you're using for the hatter is Ed Westwick. :)

Here are some others from that shoot:

Hazy Sky

Thanks Bloodied I'll update the profile with that. I'm going to stick with the picture that I'm using. I chose it deliberately because his face was obscured. He's everyone and no one and I kind of like that.

Edit: The Hatter is approved! Let the madness descend like snowflakes made of cake!

Current earworms
Kallax
The Midnight
WOLFCLUB

Angie

Quote from: skyre on February 24, 2015, 12:03:30 PM
Thanks Bloodied I'll update the profile with that. I'm going to stick with the picture that I'm using. I chose it deliberately because his face was obscured. He's everyone and no one and I kind of like that.

Edit: The Hatter is approved! Let the madness descend like snowflakes made of cake!

*Is eagerly waiting...for whatever outcome*
Avatar is by Lemonfont. Will remove it if he asks me to.

Come check the Cyberpunk Images Thread!

Deamonbane

Cautiously interested. Still working over what kind of character I would have...(is torn between badass hero/anti-hero and comic relief).
Angry Sex: Because it's Impolite to say," You pissed me off so much I wanna fuck your brains out..."

Bloodied Porcelain

Quote from: Deamonbane on February 24, 2015, 12:55:26 PM
Cautiously interested. Still working over what kind of character I would have...(is torn between badass hero/anti-hero and comic relief).

Beast/Adam? *hopeful look* Or Eric? Though Eric in either story is usually a good guy... just a bit clueless. >.<;

Deamonbane

Perhaps... Aladdin?

Angry Sex: Because it's Impolite to say," You pissed me off so much I wanna fuck your brains out..."

Angie

Quote from: Deamonbane on February 24, 2015, 01:13:00 PM
Perhaps... Aladdin?

Ironically, the faceclaim you're using (from Prince of Persia!) is also a character who was both badass and comic relief. Loved the Prince of Persia games, really hated the movie.
Avatar is by Lemonfont. Will remove it if he asks me to.

Come check the Cyberpunk Images Thread!

Deamonbane

I liked the Movie, if only because of Jake Gyllenhaal (Had to look it up to spell the last name). The rest of the characters are pretty forgettable, but he was rather enjoyable to watch...