Interest Check: Yu-Gi-Oh!

Started by Togashi, January 17, 2013, 07:54:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kingmaster1

I'm not sure I understand, Togashi...

Do you mean the cards have to be themed, like things that have something specific in them, like a deck full of ninjas or a deck full of dragons and dragon based cards?

Togashi

"Beatdown" is not a deck theme. A theme deck might revolve around one card/set of cards like an archetype, though you are not required to take an archetype. Ninja seems to be the only person that doesn't have an archetype to his deck, and that's because his deck revolves around negating other card abilities.

kingmaster1

So, the theme being negation of other cards? Namely, what the deck is centered around to win in a specific way, yes? Like a deck specifically to remove cards from play and using that for effects that would raise attack or inflict damage. A deck that would  stop the opponent from attacking while using monster effects that inflict damage.

Or, do you mean a theme like, a warrior themed deck that centers around using warrior type monsters with traps and spells that complement that type?

I'm trying to think of what you mean exactly but I can't seem to get it exactly, I'm tired right now so don't hold it against me :-)

apygoos

got the deck list up
for reading ease sake ill repost just the list here:
Note Since its an e-hero deck, i omitted e-hero from most of their names
Deck: Vigilante Strike

01 Woodsman
02 Woodsman
03 Wildheard
04 Wildheart
05 Sparkman
06 Sparkman
07 Stratos
08 Ocean
09 Ocean
10 Neos
11 Neos
12 Avian
13 Burtinatrix
14 Clayman
15 Clayman
16 Necroshade
17 Prisma
19 Bladedge
20 Bladedge
21 Avian
22 Exiled Force
23 Winged Kuriboh
24 King of the Swamp
25 King of the Swamp
26 King of the Swamp
27 Morphing Jar
28 Polymerization
29 Polymerization
30 Polymerization
31 De-Fusion
32 Pot of Avarice
33 MST
34 O- Oversoul
35 Monster Reborn
36 Heavy Storm
37 The Warrior Returning Alive
38 E-Emergency Call
39 E-Emergency Call
40 Miracle Fusion
41 Reinforcement of the army
42 Dark Factory of Mass Production
43 Dark Factory of Mass Production
44 Fifth Hope
45 Magic Cylinder
46 Sakertsu Armor
47 Hero Barrier
48 Hero Signal
49 Hero Signal
50 Negate Attack
51 Mirror Force
52 Mirror Force
53 Solemn Judgment

EXTRA DECK

01 Rampart Blaster
02 Divine Neos
03 DarkBright
04 Thunder giant
05 Shining Flare Wingman
06 Phoenix Enforcer
07 Shining Phoenix Enforcer
08 Plamsa Vice
09 Wildedge
10  Wildedge
11 Wild Wingman
12 Elemental Hero The Shining
13 Flame Wingman
14 Flame Wingman
15 Rainbow Neos

Silk

Quote from: Orochimaru on January 21, 2013, 09:08:09 PM
Go after the want to be a singer in her sisters footsteps. lol

Hey who are you calling a wannabe in sisters footsteps, I'll have you know my sisters a actress not a singer thank you very much!  >:(

Orochimaru

Quote from: Silk on January 22, 2013, 03:48:40 AM
Hey who are you calling a wannabe in sisters footsteps, I'll have you know my sisters a actress not a singer thank you very much!  >:(

Uh...yes ma'am.... Sorry ma'am.....

Orochimaru

To be honest, that's what I get for skim reading and not paying attention. My bad.

DigitLninja

*Footnote: Orochimaru never learned to read, making his Jutsu scrolls absolutely pointless.

**Footnote: This is why he trained Souske directly.
Quotes to Live by:
"The world ends with you. If you want to enjoy life, expand your world. You gotta push your horizons out as far as they'll go" Sanae Hanekoma,The World Ends With You. for Nintendo DS

"A post should be like a mini skirt. Long enough to cover the important parts, but short enough to keep interest." -Someone

oh's and oh's / Double A's Update 1/10 / Short Story:Memoirs of Renamon/ Hey [you], you should check out my 1 on 1's

NINJA VANISH! *disappears in a puff of smoke*

Togashi

King:

A set of cards of a particular type with spell and trap cards to support that type works, yes. Where as a randomly gathered group of powerful cards, just for the sake of having powerful cards, is not. That being said, you're not limited to just 1 type. Many types go well together such as Spellcaster and Warrior, or Winged Beast and Dragon. With this type of deck, you'll likely have a particular card, or set of cards you're wanting to get out and use to control the flow of the duel.

Ninja's set revolves literally around his cards getting into play to negate his opponent's spell, trap, and monster cards, so it's not a grouping of random stuff. With a deck like this, you have more options of choosing different cards, but the theme of your deck needs to be explained to me.

Apygoos:

Looks good to me. I like the E-Heroes, and actually did consider using them until I found my Harpie deck. ^.^

kingmaster1

Silk

You could always make a Monarch deck, the system pretty much revolves around beatdown+ change

kingmaster1

That's a good point, I might do that...actually

Togashi

The Academy thread is ready and I'll be putting a Virtual Thread up soon. When that's up we'll start the adventure. But for now I must rest. Need sleepy... Which means about this time tomorrow we'll be starting. If not some time before then.

ShadowFox89

Call me Shadow
My A/A

Togashi

Silk

Shall it be the start of a new year so everybody is just moving into their dorms?

Gensokian

Last minute entry, approved by Togashi, so not just hoping to get in just before the start.

Name: Percy Mudo
Sex: Male
Sexual Preference: Straight
Personality: Can be a bit of a hothead, though most of the time, he's calm and relaxed. He tries to be smooth and cool, but that doesn't always work out for him.
Background: Percy was a bit of a nerd while growing up, and was constantly picked on for it. Just because he liked to play with cards didn't mean he had to be bullied, or so he thought. Maybe it was just because everyone else knew he was smarter than them, or something. Either way, it did make him wish that he was cooler than he really was; it seemed that all the other kids had girlfriends, or friends who they could do whatever they wanted with. For that, Percy had to look to the online world, where no one could see his true face; he felt much more secure in the cyber world.

After a couple of years, he found a place that seemed like a way to mix the school experience that he always wanted and the card game that he loved to play. Of course he took that opportunity! Signing up right away, he was ready to be the cool kid that he knew he should've been, and show those bullies that playing Yu-Gi-Oh! wasn't a waste of time.
Fabled
1. Fabled Grimro
2. Fabled Grimro
3. Fabled Grimro
4. Fabled Krus
5. Fabled Krus
6. Fabled Krus
7. Fabled Kushano
8. Fabled Kushano
9. Fabled Lurrie
10. Fabled Lurrie
11. Fabled Solkius
12. The Fabled Catsith
13. The Fabled Catsith
14. The Fabled Cerburrel
15. The Fabled Cerburrel
16. The Fabled Chawa
17. The Fabled Chawa
18. The Fabled Chawa
19. The Fabled Ganashia
20. The Fabled Ganashia
21. The Fabled Nozoochee
22. The Fabled Nozoochee
23. Card Destruction
24. Dark Hole
25. Dark World Dealings
26. Dark World Dealings
27. Heavy Storm
28. Monster Reborn
29. Monster Reincarnation
30. Mystical Space Typhoon
31. Mystical Space Typhoon
32. Beckoning Light
33. Bottomless Trap Hole
34. Bottomless Trap Hole
35. Mind Crush
36. Reckless Greed
37. Reckless Greed
38. Reckless Greed
39. Solemn Warning
40. Solemn Warning

Extra: 1. Fabled Leviathan
2. Fabled Ragin
3. Fabled Ragin
4. Fabled Ragin
5. Fabled Valkyrus
6. Fabled Valkyrus
7. Fabled Valkyrus
8. The Fabled Kudabbi
9. The Fabled Kudabbi
10. The Fabled Unicore
11. The Fabled Unicore
12. The Fabled Unicore

Silk

Orochimaru

*Just woke up*

Digitl: I'mma murder your face one of these days. jk

I'll get my post up after I have woken up a bit and had my can of Dew.

Lightshock16

kingmaster1

Should I fix my deck to fit things before I post?

Silk

Preferably, but as long as you don't duel before it's done I don't see why not

kingmaster1

okay, I'm trying to find a deck that really works for me, leaning towards six samurai...

Orochimaru

Any reference on what dorm Charleena should be?