Soul Society - Recruiting, need Lieutenants & Officers!

Started by Primarch, December 03, 2012, 05:06:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BruceTheCat

Posting up my character. I don't have a picture yet (that always takes me forever). Please give me some feedback!

Player: Red Lobster
Name: Corin Kirikata
Division: 9th Division
Appearance:
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Strengths:

Rare Zanpakuto: Corin’s sword is among one of the most powerful Zanpakutos in existence, and is currently the strongest when it comes to defensive weapons.

Doing it for a while: Corin is not a new Captain. He has been Captain of the 9th Division long enough to have seen every position of Captain come and go, save of course for the General himself.

Strong Combatant: Years of being a Captain have given Corin the edge at being a very powerful combatant, strictly through knowledge and experience rather than being a genius Shinigami.

Good Teacher: Having been a Captain for as long as he has, Corin is an exceptional teacher. He takes pride in every student, and often spends most of his time in the ‘classroom’.

Weaknesses:

Black and White attitude: Corin has been the Captain of the 9th Division for an extremely long time, and during those years he has adopted an extremely overzealous view of what is right and wrong. He is not often overtly rude, however the man has a dedication to his moral ideals that bridges on insanity. There is no gray area, and those who believe there is are unworthy of being a Shinigami.

Strategic Mind: Corin’s Bankai ability is extremely straight forward. He has almost never had the need to out-think his opponents in order to defeat them, he simply defeats them. As a result he has never developed a Captain level ability to dissect and find an opponent’s weakness, however he still excels at this over the Lieutenants.

Zanpakutō:
Name: Yama
Shikai:

“Hold fast Yama” In this form Corin’s Zanpakuto blade disappears. What appears to replace it is a circular shield with a blade extending out from the area opposite where his fist would be sitting (Imagine wearing a Katar with a shield over your forearm). In this state Corin’s Zanpakuto can absorb any attack that is on a similar power scale to his own, that is to say anything less than a Bankai itself. In doing so Corin absorbs a large portion of the spiritual pressure from the attack into himself. He typically uses this as a means to outlast his opponents, rather than crushing them outright.

Bankai:

Very similar to his Shikai, however a set of ancient samurai armor appears and wraps around the Captain’s body along with his shield, all of which possess this defensive trait. Corin now has the ability to not only block the full-fledged attacks of the most powerful Bankai’s, but he likewise can absorb them. He does not directly gain power as a result of this, but it requires his opponents to use far more spiritual pressure to sustain the fight than is normally necessary. These attacks need not be directed offensive attacks. For instance if the Bankai was a radius affect that changed the environment, he could absorb this as well.

His primary tactic using his Bankai is to wear the opponent down as before until they are forced back into their Shikai state; tired and exhausted while he is still at his full strength.

History:

Corin’s life before becoming Captain, as he tells it, was quite uninteresting. He was considered an average student with an above average spiritual pressure who, given the right training might one day aspire to something great. However he was not a quick learner, and had difficulty mastering several techniques and abilities. The only thing that initially set him apart from the other students was his Zanpakuto.

Slowly he gained recognition within the 9th squad after years of committed and loyal service, battling Hollows and rogue Shinagami. Likewise the true potential of his Shikai was eventually discovered. He was given the title of Captain after discovering his Bankai. At the time he was the only trainee who had attained this level of control, and there was need for a replacement of the 9th Division Captain. He took the position happily, and has been doing this ever since. The man has been known to use himself often as an example of what can be obtained by hard work. He professes to trainees on their first day that he was not gifted with anything special, and yet is the second most Veteran Captain next to the Captain-Commander to date.

This is, in truth less than accurate as Corin was always gifted with Yama’s power.
“Also I've seen that movie, if they're any similar to it, then those guns do not fuck around, please take cover“
- scribus1000

xPeachyPuff

He sounds good to me, Red (: Can't wait to see his picture.

-xSRx

Primarch

Goro & Corin are both oldies that see things in black and white. All you youngin's running around with your grey morality and complex situations, pfft I say! PFFT!

But yeah, I hate finding images. I took one look at an old Bleach RP forum I used to run then said "sure feck it" and grabbed a non-video game pic of Heihachi.

Silk

Kinda making mine out to be a big ball of potential, but with such a layabout attitude that she's never going to harness it xD

Primarch

You know what Lobster, there's one thing I should probably point out (and I apologise for not catching it when you first PM'd me the app), but the "Strong Combatant" should probably focus on a particular area of Shinigami combat. Seems only fair as others have had to use up a separate strength slot for each (Swordsmanship/H2H/Shunpo/Kido).

Primarch

Character thread, approved peeps feel free to post up. I'll list all characters in the game in the OP as they're posted up.

xPeachyPuff

Just letting you know you haven't linked it up. Also, can you possibly put it in the first post? Might be easier for people to find.

-xSRx

BruceTheCat

I edited his Strong Combatant section to reflect your critique Primarch! It's up in the character thread.
“Also I've seen that movie, if they're any similar to it, then those guns do not fuck around, please take cover“
- scribus1000

Silk

Player:Silk
Name: Murea Ashino
Division:1st
Appearance:
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Normal look in real world

Strengths:
Vast potential: Murea has an astounding ammount of potential, if she was able to harness her ability entirely by commiting herself to the rigious training that a Soul reaper demands, she could become a powerful asset to soul society

Fire dancer: With her breadwinning ability previous to joining the Soul reapers, likely the only thing that Murea has ever commited herself to long enough to become good at. Because of the intricate nature of this art Murea's has very good hand eye cordination.

Fire Kido adept: Murea has proven more proficient with Kido than other schools, Due to her affinity with fire, Murea has a natural talent when it comes to the use of fire Kido's, and in combination of her Shinkai she is able to enhance her martial skills with a variety of fire style Kido without incantation.

New spirit: Because Murea has not been dwelling in the Soul society for long, she is relatively up to date with modern technology and principles in the physical world and is able to adapt to new curcumstances better than the older spirits.

Weaknesses:
Inexperienced: Murea has only been through early training and because of her lax nature she barely passed that, due to this she is prone to making amateur mistakes and has little knowledge outside of the most basic of information

Ill-motivated: Although Murea has a great deal of potential her disposition to actively train to harness her potential is almost non-existant, the likelihood that she will ever become a ranked member of the court guard squads is as unlikely as her own desire to improve. The name Murea has become a household name amongst the trainee's for what could've been if they don't put the effort in.

Fear of water: Due to the nature of her death Murea has a intense fear of water for a reason she just can't remember and seizes up just at the contemplation of being thrown in again.

Zanpakuto:
Name:Flare Baptism: In comparison to other Zanpakuto, Murea's form keeps to that of a short bladed tanto. When released the Flare Baptism takes the shape of a Kusari-gama with a meteor hammer on the end of the chain.

Shikai"Kindle" When Murea releases Flare baptism the Kusari and the chain echo with a spirit fire echoing throgh to the main hammer which becomes ablaze with a potent soulfire that allows the hammer to damage the spirit as well as the Zanpakuto blade

Although the Flame Baptism has no particular style of techniques assosiated with it, it allows it's weilder to use Fire Kido's without incantation although they will always origonate from the ball of the weapon.
BankaiNot applicable

History: Murea Ashino was the tipical High school girl except due to her whimsical attitude she was kept back several years. She found herself unable to commit herself to anything besides her favorite hobby of dancing, it allowed her a vent, the only thing she ever felt herself good at, but the truth is that she just never stayed at something long enough to get good at it. During her 19th birthday Murea was traveling overseas when the ferry she was on capsized and sank with her aboard, it was not aslow death for her as she spent nearly an hour in the confines of a cabin that slowly filled with water until she eventually drowned.

When she was taken to Soul Society by a soul reaper, she spent the majority of her time dancing for the entertainment of others around district 32. It was here that during the chance passing of a Soul reaper that she was inducted into the Soul reaper academy. It was an bittersweet affair due to her continued flaw of her lack of motivation, she was origonally chosen because the soul reaper who found her had sensed a strong dormant reiatsu within her that would've been beneficial as a Soul reaper.

Barely graduating by the skin of her teeth, with exception that she was able to achieve Shikai at a above average rate. She was scouted out by the captain of the 1st squad who for some unknown reason to most took her as one of his squad members, even too this day many of the trainers at the Academy use Murea as an example of potential wasted.

Thoughts? :)

Primarch

Her Zanpakuto wouldn't be shorter because of a previous owner damaging it, as each one is unique to the owner and I believe a physical manifestation of their reiatsu. Also I don't believe she'd have her Shikai in the Academy, I don't think they even have real Zanpakuto until after graduation. Although you could replace her shikai with simply manifesting her weapon, which would be impressive. While I could be wrong I don't believe people remember their lives once they've died.

Silk

Sorry I did kind of mean that she had graduated from the Academy, but barely.

Not sure about the past life one either, but I just didn't think that my two weaknesses were particularly promminent and would be fixed over time, so I wanted to have a third irrational one that would never go away. I was just struggling to decide the 4th stregnth too xD

Primarch

Game started!
Still recruiting!
Lieutenants, seated officers and unranked available!
Hollows coming soon!

JiJi Nanoya

You saved me from my sorrow,
Restored my rightful name.
I praise your deeds through song,
My soul; forever yours it shall remain

♡She☆Her☆Hers♡

Tydorei

Tydorei

pendarious

Psycho Mantis: You must spend every day pretending to act like you're falsely letting on that you aren't not unbetraying someone you don't not purport to allegedly not work for but really do! How do you keep all this shit straight without having an aneurysm?
Revolver Ocelot: *shrug* Practice.
—The Last Days Of FOXHOUND

Primarch

pendarious

ok yeah I worded that funny I know but I meant the Lieutinant of the First division. and cool.
Psycho Mantis: You must spend every day pretending to act like you're falsely letting on that you aren't not unbetraying someone you don't not purport to allegedly not work for but really do! How do you keep all this shit straight without having an aneurysm?

JiJi Nanoya

Expansion Pack. I love it. Let's all expand the pack. >~>
You saved me from my sorrow,
Restored my rightful name.
I praise your deeds through song,
My soul; forever yours it shall remain

♡She☆Her☆Hers♡

pendarious

shadowreppa

Hi there! totally interested, What positions are open? Or would you like someone to plan out a Hollow/Arrancar/Espada or something?

Primarch

Quote from: shadowreppa on December 09, 2012, 11:56:59 PM
Hi there! totally interested, What positions are open? Or would you like someone to plan out a Hollow/Arrancar/Espada or something?

Look to the first page and scroll down a bit, there's a list of whats taken. We're currently not accepting members to the crossed out divisions, but the rest are all open.

Kendre

I would like to reserve the Captain position for Squad 11, if that's okay?