Like Button?

Started by Amarlo, July 07, 2017, 06:10:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Amarlo

I know this might be a far stretch and I'm not sure if this should be placed here or if there's some sort of suggestion box hiding somewhere on E, but is there anyway we can sort of get something along the lines of a "Like" button for posts? :P

Frequently I find myself with little to comment but a general appreciation for or agreement with what's been posted. I feel that posting an "Awesome!" or "Agreed!" can get repeatative in their various incarnations, especially depending on how many people agree, so I would love to see a "Like" button at some point. ^^;

Sincerely,
Amarlo

Seduce my mind and my body will follow.
Amarlo's O&Os
Absences and Apologies

Nadir

I would like this but I can't find the like button

Amarlo

Quote from: Dim Hon on July 07, 2017, 07:05:44 AM
I would like this but I can't find the like button
Lol!!  ;D

Amarlo's O&Os
Absences and Apologies

Vekseid

It's in Elkarte.

Progress is slow but it is happening.

Ket

she wears strength and darkness equally well, the girl has always been half goddess, half hell

you can find me on discord Ket#8117
Ons & Offs~Menagerie~Pulse~Den of Iniquity
wee little Ketlings don't yet have the ability to spit forth flame with the ferocity needed to vanquish a horde of vehicular bound tiny arachnids.

Life in Color

Quote from: Vekseid on July 07, 2017, 02:07:46 PM
It's in Elkarte.

Progress is slow but it is happening.

Life in Color likes this.

Flower

Will there be a way to not see this feature in your personal Elliquiy? Kind of like how we can turn off certain features now. I do understand why some people would like a like button but I am not one of them.

Sara Nilsson

Quote from: Flower on July 08, 2017, 08:47:47 AM
Will there be a way to not see this feature in your personal Elliquiy? Kind of like how we can turn off certain features now. I do understand why some people would like a like button but I am not one of them.

^^ That so very very much. Cant stand like buttons.

Vekseid

You will probably need to either make a custom stylesheet or ask Ssieth to put it in her Greasemonkey script.

Amarlo

-Likes the shite out of everything.-

Amarlo's O&Os
Absences and Apologies

midnightblack

Every single time I've frequented a board that featured anything related to "like" buttons, people eventually started fighting about posts receiving either too many or too few of those, and it got so out of hand that they were taken down. Every single time. Far from me to hex your thing, but it'll happen to you too.  ::)
The Midnight Lodge (O2 thread & completed tales compendium)
Thy Nightly Chambers (requests) updated!
Amazonia Mythos (world-building details for some of my recurring themes and characters; can always serve as a starting point for discussions of collaborative writing)
Zerzura (albeit short, the best collaborative story I've ever completed here)

Geraint

Just a personal opinion, no better than any other, but I fail to see why a site that puts as much effort as we do into reducing social anxiety, would want to then turn around and introduce a prominent source of ... social anxiety.

Amarlo

I can see where you might think that such a thing would cause social anxiety. However, you are mistaken in thinking that this site fights against social anxiety. Social anxiety is not the focus, bullying is. As far as I understand Elliquiy strives to provide an atmosphere that is free of bullying. Adding a like button is not meant to provide a source for bullying. On the contrary, it is quite the opposite. If people turn it into a tool for self bullying then that is a personal problem they should take up with a professional.

Amarlo's O&Os
Absences and Apologies