One Post Roleplay Threads

Started by CriminalMindsFan, June 02, 2017, 03:57:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CriminalMindsFan

I have started threads for roleplays over the years and for various reasons, the roleplay was cancelled before my partner ever made the second post. Am I permitted to remove these starter only post threads or delete the contents of the one post?

Blythe

Quote from: CriminalMindsFan on June 02, 2017, 03:57:01 PM
I have started threads for roleplays over the years and for various reasons, the roleplay was cancelled before my partner ever made the second post. Am I permitted to remove these starter only post threads or delete the contents of the one post?

If there are no other posts from anyone in it but you, you may delete the post since it is not affecting anyone else.

Generally the deletion rule is something we come down on when the deletions affect other people--when it removes other people's RP posts, when it destroys the continuity of an ongoing RP, or messes up the integrity of a discussion when someone removes a reply that influenced the way the conversation went (in other words, abuses of the deletion privilege)--just to name a few things (among several things) Staff takes into account about deletions & deletion requests.

And of course, if you aren't sure if you should delete something, the safest bet is to PM a Staff member with a link to the post and ask if it's alright to delete it.

Beguile's Mistress

Here is something else to consider.

Your writing may be something you can show off, use as advertising for the quality of your work.  It can help when others come looking to see if the two of you will be compatible as writing partners.  You could put a list up in your O/O thread to give people something to read.

I know that a first post will often draw me into a story and I'm disappointed when it doesn't go any farther.

Blythe

Quote from: Beguile's Mistress on June 02, 2017, 04:20:03 PM

Your writing may be something you can show off, use as advertising for the quality of your work.  It can help when others come looking to see if the two of you will be compatible as writing partners.  You could put a list up in your O/O thread to give people something to read.

I know that a first post will often draw me into a story and I'm disappointed when it doesn't go any farther.

This is a pretty darn good idea. :)

Sofia Grace

Quote from: Beguile's Mistress on June 02, 2017, 04:20:03 PM

This is the main reason why I haven't deleted threads where this has happened to me.  Their loss - I'm still awesome, though.  xD
i am a fire
gasoline, come pour yourself all over me
we'll let this place go down in flames
only one more time

NightLux

Quote from: Sofia Grace on June 02, 2017, 05:13:34 PM
This is the main reason why I haven't deleted threads where this has happened to me.  Their loss - I'm still awesome, though.  xD

You are, mon ami!

But in all seriousness, I have a part of my Cravings/Wishlist/Storage ideas that have been taken or started, just for my record.  It might be good to do that as well, but link to what you had started.  That'd give future partners a better idea of what you had in mind.  It never hurts.
[tr][td]
[/td][td]
RP Status: Seeking new partners
RL Status: Looking forward to my birthday!
Solo Status: 0 (due) / 3 (total)
In Development: 0
Group Due: 0 (due) / 0 (total)
[/td][/tr][/table]

Twisted Crow

I keep mines anyway, either to show off growth or reference other past ideas. Besides, I may never know if a past person might come back with a desire to continue what was once started. :-)