Idea stemming from the current tv Magicians SL

Started by bubby, March 15, 2018, 02:28:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bubby

So I didn't read the books but I'm able to swim through the angst of the characters in the show to actually enjoy it. And right now it's in a Fairies being held captive by humans and being sawed into pieces for their limbs to be snorted to gain magic story line, and that's just a portion of the story. The rest of the arc is good as well... 

Is there anyone else watching? Getting a sparked Muse because this idea could make a good RP? I think it could with a little tweaking, and help.

Fey and humans and magic and stuff and things!

Anyone? Bueller?

Wyatt

bubby,

I have a forum group game that I just started up outside of E that has a setting based on Brakebills.  The game is a mashup of several settings, taking pieces of the Magicians, the Defenders/the Gifted and Wynnona Earp all in separate but somehow connected settings.  I haven't done much with the Brakebills setting yet as none of my players have really chosen to use that setting, but it could get really active if I had a few Magician's focused players.  The game is free-form with an adapted diceless system for building powered characters (just to keep players kind of even in ability levels, though with very different abilities).  it is adult, but not constant sex, though romance and sex are welcome parts of the bigger adventure if desired. 

The game uses canon locations, but non-canon characters, with the players helping me to build the plots and mythos.  If you or anyone else are interested in that game, just drop me a PM and I can provide more info and a link.  Very cool show, and gaining more depth with each episode!
"Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who could not hear the music.”
Ons, Offs and Stuff   
Story Ideas
Apologies and Absences

AndyZ

Hey Bubby.  I watch it also ^_^ Not sure what I'd do with a story for it, though.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

bubby

Quote from: Wyatt on March 16, 2018, 12:55:11 AM
bubby,

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
I have a forum group game that I just started up outside of E that has a setting based on Brakebills.  The game is a mashup of several settings, taking pieces of the Magicians, the Defenders/the Gifted and Wynnona Earp all in separate but somehow connected settings.  I haven't done much with the Brakebills setting yet as none of my players have really chosen to use that setting, but it could get really active if I had a few Magician's focused players.  The game is free-form with an adapted diceless system for building powered characters (just to keep players kind of even in ability levels, though with very different abilities).  it is adult, but not constant sex, though romance and sex are welcome parts of the bigger adventure if desired.
The game uses canon locations, but non-canon characters, with the players helping me to build the plots and mythos.  If you or anyone else are interested in that game, just drop me a PM and I can provide more info and a link.  Very cool show, and gaining more depth with each episode!

Thanks much for the invite Wyatt, but that's a little more expanded for what I'm looking for, plus I want to stick to E. But again, thanks!  :-)

Quote from: AndyZ on March 16, 2018, 03:38:48 AM
Hey Bubby.  I watch it also ^_^ Not sure what I'd do with a story for it, though.

I was thinking on a world/story based solely around the Fey being held captive by magic wielding humans; they mutilate the Fey to make the powder to keep their magic going, and the Queen of the  free Fey finds out and ...well... war!  :D This could make a nice small group game methinks?