New Member Looking for Roleplays

Started by Ghagiel, April 09, 2010, 05:31:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghagiel

I'm just looking for some nice PG-13 roleplays whilst I wait to (hopefully) get accepted. I'm really open to most things, although especially a good plot. Right now I'm really into sci-fi/futuristic things. Especially dystopian settings. The world ending and a group of people trying to survive etc.

I also have an interesting roleplay idea for a ghost/psychic roleplay. Or two practitioners learning about the supernatural.

Another thing I'm really fond of are gay 'coming of age' stories. A kind of slow progression to a guy realising he's gay, and hot for his best friend...

AAA111

So you wouldn't be interested in doing like best friends, or ex's who used to date (boy/girl)? or something along those lines.

Ghagiel

Well, most of my characters are gay, because I'm mostly gay. But we can give it a go. Did you have something in mind?

AAA111

Um if you'd rather not that is fine..don't want you to feel uncomfortable. Sorry.

Ghagiel

Well it's not like it's going above PG-13, so it doesn't really matter either way. We can give it a go, yeah.

HockeyGod

I'd be interested as well Ghagiel - gay too  ;D

Ghagiel

Sweet, have any ideas that you want to do? As already said, I love a good roleplay where two friends realise they're gay for each other after a long build up hehe. Huge fan of sexual tension over here. I've also got some other plot ideas including:

Modern day 'slice of life' roleplay about a bisexual or gay man who has a young child, maybe 2-10 years old. He gets the kid on the weekend. I haven't really thought into this one too much, but I thought it would be interesting if he either was a 'deadbeat dad' kind of type with a minimum wage job etc and he came across your character in relation to the child. Maybe a custody battle is going on and a social worker has been appointed to assess the situation. Either that or the father is an extremely responsible kind of guy and the other character... well, isn't. Maybe he needs to take a lodger to make his rent or something, and the guy isn't exactly the type that he might trust around his child, so he finds out after living with him for a bit.

I'm also good for any kind of fantasy roleplays... or medieval or futuristic or historical. Seriously, I do most stuff.

HockeyGod

I am totally into all what you've listed Ghagiel.

I love the idea of two guys finding each other and not having any concept they were gay. Very cool, especially in a college setting. Like roommates or frat brothers.

The second one sounds great as well and has amazing potential for character development.

I do have a major hankering for a medieval RP though  ;D I'm interested in a game that has multiple characters played by 2 people, but perhaps we could start out with just one set. It has the same concept as your #1 idea...a relationship awkwardly blossoms. Of course this is all within a PG13 context  ;D What I saw as potential interactions/relationships were:
King Arthur - Sir Lancelot
Sir Tristam - Galahad (Lancelot's son)
Sir Hector (Arthur's foster father) - Sir Gawain

Other characters that will probably appear:
Sir Mordred (Arthur's illegitimate son)
Merlin (wizard)

The information from where I gather is http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Knights_of_the_Round_Table#List_of_Knights

Ghagiel

Funny story - I actually live in the place where all this stuff happened. You know, King Arthur's Legend etc. I don't think I really know enough about it to roleplay it, though. I'd be far happier to take a kind of Knight/King thing without it being Arthur and Lancelot, but I could give it a shot.

HockeyGod

Quote from: Ghagiel on April 10, 2010, 10:31:08 AM
Funny story - I actually live in the place where all this stuff happened. You know, King Arthur's Legend etc. I don't think I really know enough about it to roleplay it, though. I'd be far happier to take a kind of Knight/King thing without it being Arthur and Lancelot, but I could give it a shot.

I'm game for either. I would probably be making things up as I go along anyway, LOL. Which character would you like to play?

Ghagiel

Hmmm, I think I'll go for Lancelot. But if you have a preference either way, I'm good with either. What kind of age are we looking at?

HockeyGod

Quote from: Ghagiel on April 10, 2010, 11:03:46 AM
Hmmm, I think I'll go for Lancelot. But if you have a preference either way, I'm good with either. What kind of age are we looking at?

That would be fine for me  ;D Not sure on the age - like young adult? Possibly someone like this:

Ghagiel

Well I'd fucking hit it. I know he meets Lancelot meets Arthur as a young man, so maybe twenty-three? Or do we want to take it from them just meeting, which would be about eighteen (well between fifteen and eighteen but let's say eighteen). Anyway if you want to start, I'll gladly follow.

HockeyGod

Ok, I can start it. I need to let you know though that...unfortunately I am going to be away from Tuesday - ??? (probably Saturday or Sunday). Do you want it to start now or when I return?

Ghagiel

Well I'm looking for something to fill my time now, so we can start now and then just take a break when you go away?

HockeyGod

Quote from: Ghagiel on April 10, 2010, 11:52:54 AM
Well I'm looking for something to fill my time now, so we can start now and then just take a break when you go away?

Surely! Works for me. I can get a post out shortly - I'll paste the link in here. My first post sometimes takes a bit. Before we start though, let me know if this works:

Arthur is not king, but in fact Prince Arthur Pendragon and Lancelot is his newly appointed liege. They are just meeting. That seem like a good starting point?

Ghagiel

Seems fine to me! Not an expert on the time period tho. I won't be able to get anything up until tomorrow as I have a date arriving in... oh... fifteen minutes. But I'll post something back as soon as poss hehe.

HockeyGod

Quote from: Ghagiel on April 10, 2010, 12:15:55 PM
Seems fine to me! Not an expert on the time period tho. I won't be able to get anything up until tomorrow as I have a date arriving in... oh... fifteen minutes. But I'll post something back as soon as poss hehe.

Sounds great. I've started the thread (nothing really in it yet) here: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=65786.0

If you have an image of Lancelot, let me know and I can put it in the first post  ;D

Ghagiel

Ahh, I don't have any pics or anything sadly. Dx

But I'll have something up soon!

HockeyGod

Quote from: Ghagiel on April 11, 2010, 07:52:43 AM
Ahh, I don't have any pics or anything sadly. Dx

But I'll have something up soon!

No worries - I've got quite a bit of tennis to play today, but will be back this evening.

For photos, you can actually just search the Internet and find them to link. I can show you how to do that too.  ;D