MAID interest check! [Open to new players, but game has started]

Started by Blythe, November 14, 2013, 05:03:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yukina

Zaer Darkwail

Is my maid okay? Anyways I would pick the rightmost nameless room (the three rooms lined up after living room) as my char room.

Blythe

I'll try to check sheets and update the map within a day or two; got caught up in RL yesterday and didn't get to.

persephone325

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on November 29, 2013, 10:28:33 AM
Is my maid okay? Anyways I would pick the rightmost nameless room (the three rooms lined up after living room) as my char room.

Quote from: Blythe on November 29, 2013, 10:49:03 AM
I'll try to check sheets and update the map within a day or two; got caught up in RL yesterday and didn't get to.

I had asked for that room twice.
This doesn't have to end in a fight, Buck.
It always ends in a fight.
You pulled me from the river. Why?
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

Blythe

Quote from: persephone325 on November 29, 2013, 01:50:31 PM
I had asked for that room twice.

I'll read the thread and make updates as appropriate in a day or two, with rooms given on a first-come first-serve basis.

If someone asks for a room already taken or already asked for, I'll message them after I update the map to allow them to choose from what remains.

Zaer Darkwail

Ok, that case I wait until map is updated so I know what room to pick.

persephone325

Quote from: Blythe on November 29, 2013, 01:58:51 PM
I'll read the thread and make updates as appropriate in a day or two, with rooms given on a first-come first-serve basis.

If someone asks for a room already taken or already asked for, I'll message them after I update the map to allow them to choose from what remains.

OK. I just figured it was the biggest, and I was sharing with Kylie. When you asked if I had a preference, I picked that one. lol
This doesn't have to end in a fight, Buck.
It always ends in a fight.
You pulled me from the river. Why?
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

Jemady Angel

I am interested in this roleplay, but I have never played a group roleplay like this before and am reading up on some of the resources that I am finding around the thread currently. If anyone has any pointers, please feel free to fill me in. ESPECIALLY about this large group rp (I understand the sandbox idea but am not sure how the D&D idea behind this works). Any other resources I can read?

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
http://e-shuushuu.net/images/2010-05-22-281671.jpeg
Athletics:   1
Affection:   2
Skill:   1
Cunning:   2
Luck:   2
Will:   0
Uniform Color:   black
Hair Color:   white
Eye Color:   orange
Maid Types:   Sexy, Lolita
Special Qualities:   Pro Creator, Elf Ears, Brown Skin
Favored Attribute:   Luck
Maid Power:   Saw It, Chance Meeting
Maid Roots:   Mistress
Maid Weapon:   Western Sword
Stress Explosion:   Racing
Your name is Silvia Longhorn. You are 20 years old. You are sexy and childlike; others describe you as young, sweet and coquettish.
Along with being a maid, you are professional artist.
Although you appear to be a maid, it would be more accurate to call you the master's lover. In combat, you wield a traditional western sword, such as a longsword, rapier, flamberge, two-handed sword or the like. When you are extremely upset, you get into whatever vehicle is handy and go for a joyride at at least twice the speed limit. Due to your notable Luck, you have the ability Saw It; You can declare that you've seen something happening in the mansion; you can decide the timing too. You also have the power of Chance Meeting; By taking 2 points of Stress, you can have an NPC that's just showing up for the first time be an acquaintance from some time before.

I still need help!
<---- O/o

frost rose

...there's a Maid game in the works and I managed to miss spotting it for over two weeks? I am deeply embarrassed.

And since it says still open, I'd like to transition from that into that I am totally interested, and the moment I take a nap will work up a character if that's still okay and all?
There was a SIGNATURE here.

It's gone now.

catherinehellfire

If sex was a roller-coaster, I'd ride it over and over again.

Absences: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=261213.0

Yukina

catherinehellfire

>:)  None shall stand in our path.  Our army will be invincible, because really, who would hurt a cute anime maid. (besides perverted anime monsters.)

Yukina

Quote from: catherinehellfire on November 30, 2013, 11:58:23 AM
>:)  None shall stand in our path.  Our army will be invincible, because really, who would hurt a cute anime maid. (besides perverted anime monsters.)

And due to the world's lack of tentacled beings, our victory is assured!

catherinehellfire

Blythe

Quote from: Jemady Angel on November 30, 2013, 12:21:55 AM
I am interested in this roleplay, but I have never played a group roleplay like this before and am reading up on some of the resources that I am finding around the thread currently. If anyone has any pointers, please feel free to fill me in. ESPECIALLY about this large group rp (I understand the sandbox idea but am not sure how the D&D idea behind this works). Any other resources I can read?

Athletics:   1
Affection:   2
Skill:   1
Cunning:   2
Luck:   2
Will:   0
Your name is Silvia Longhorn. You are 20 years old. You are sexy and childlike; others describe you as young, sweet and coquettish.
Although you appear to be a maid, it would be more accurate to call you the master's lover. In combat, you wield a traditional western sword, such as a longsword, rapier, flamberge, two-handed sword or the like. When you are extremely upset, you get into whatever vehicle is handy and go for a joyride at at least twice the speed limit. Due to your notable Luck, you have the ability Saw It; You can declare that you've seen something happening in the mansion; you can decide the timing too. You also have the power of Chance Meeting; By taking 2 points of Stress, you can have an NPC that's just showing up for the first time be an acquaintance from some time before.

I still need help!

Oh ow....those stats aren't the best. You might want to re-roll those attributes. I'll put you down as interested either way; welcome aboard!

As for how this game works, I need you to be a bit more specific about what kind of help you are asking for--are you wanting a brief set of rules for how MAID works (don't worry; it's much simpler than D&D), or are you asking about posting...?

Quote from: frost rose on November 30, 2013, 11:36:26 AM
...there's a Maid game in the works and I managed to miss spotting it for over two weeks? I am deeply embarrassed.

And since it says still open, I'd like to transition from that into that I am totally interested, and the moment I take a nap will work up a character if that's still okay and all?

Yup yup, you're more than welcome to join in--I'm going to be updating this today with the map information, some information on Sapporo, and highly likely, since I see multiple people with sheets done, I will consider making an OOC.

Those of you with sheets done, are you wanting an OOC a bit early so you can take some time before the game starts in December to chatter and create some bonds and pre-existing friendships/relationships for your maids?

Jemady Angel

Quote from: Blythe on November 30, 2013, 01:16:08 PM

As for how this game works, I need you to be a bit more specific about what kind of help you are asking for--are you wanting a brief set of rules for how MAID works (don't worry; it's much simpler than D&D), or are you asking about posting...?

I was wondering about how this games works yes. I have never done a 'game' style group before. Also, for the posting it would be nice to know if it is free form or is will have a posting order. Also maybe something to explain a little bit more about maid itself? Thank you :) Also, I will look into the stats >//< Though I really like the appearance/special qualities and such like. So I just need to reroll the stats, which will change only her maid power I believe. I will do that now, thank you.

<---- O/o

Blythe

Quote from: Jemady Angel on November 30, 2013, 01:31:51 PM
I was wondering about how this games works yes. I have never done a 'game' style group before.

I'll get a brief set of system rules posted sometime today or tomorrow; it's a very easy game to pick up, so I have no doubts that it'll be a cinch to get. I'm sure you are not the only one who would like them posted for easy reference anyway.  ;D

Also, for the posting it would be nice to know if it is free form or is will have a posting order.

Posting will be very freeform with no set order. I have not set a posting minimum or any limitations about post types, as this group seems like it will be large, and I want to think about what would be best for everyone. Right now, I lean to just asking for two posts a week and having no limitations regarding post length (so you could have long posts if you wanted or very short; it wouldn't matter, so long as there were 2).

Also maybe something to explain a little bit more about maid itself? Thank you :)

I'll dig up some info about the actual game (when it came out, how it was received, things like that), but the precept of it is simple. It revolves around the Japanese anime "maid" tropes you see so often (in manga as well), and whoever manages their employment. What's great about the game is it's flexibility and randomness; you could have maids who are androids or demons to maids who are 100% ordinary. It's a tabletop rpg that I feel is truly character-driven; everything focuses on the characters, their jobs, and how well (or not so well) they can get along with each other. Ultimately, it's a light comedy game with a slight focus on drama and romance, no matter what genre it's put in. More on it later when I dig up some info.

Also, I will look into the stats >//< Though I really like the appearance/special qualities and such like. So I just need to reroll the stats, which will change only her maid power I believe. I will do that now, thank you.

You can keep the special qualities and appearance, if you like--and if you prefer not to re-roll your attributes, that's okay.  I'm only suggesting it because yours came out a teensy bit on the low side.

Jemady Angel

Quote from: Blythe on November 30, 2013, 01:44:01 PM
You can keep the special qualities and appearance, if you like--and if you prefer not to re-roll your attributes, that's okay.  I'm only suggesting it because yours came out a teensy bit on the low side.

I understand, and thank you! I will be looking for those and I would defiantly like to play this game! Here is the rerolled, is it better? Thank you so much!

Athletics:   4
Affection:   1
Skill:   3
Cunning:   3
Luck:   0
Will:   3
Favored Attribute:   Athletic
Maid Power:   Iron Wall
Although you appear to be a maid, it would be more accurate to call you the master's lover. In combat, you wield a traditional western sword, such as a longsword, rapier, flamberge, two-handed sword or the like. When you are extremely upset, you get into whatever vehicle is handy and go for a joyride at at least twice the speed limit.  Due to your notable Athletics, you have the ability Iron Wall; You can use your Athletics attribute to defend up to two other characters.
Favor: 2
Spirit: 30

<---- O/o

Jr

A separate OOC thread sounds like a good idea, if only to keep non-recruitment chatter out of this one.

Blythe

Quote from: Jemady Angel on November 30, 2013, 01:50:15 PM
I understand, and thank you! I will be looking for those and I would defiantly like to play this game! Here is the rerolled, is it better? Thank you so much!

Athletics:   4
Affection:   1
Skill:   3
Cunning:   3
Luck:   0
Will:   3
Although you appear to be a maid, it would be more accurate to call you the master's lover. In combat, you wield a traditional western sword, such as a longsword, rapier, flamberge, two-handed sword or the like. When you are extremely upset, you get into whatever vehicle is handy and go for a joyride at at least twice the speed limit.  Due to your notable Athletics, you have the ability Iron Wall; You can use your Athletics attribute to defend up to two other characters.

Much improved! This looks a lot better.  ;D

Quote from: Jr on November 30, 2013, 01:58:02 PM
A separate OOC thread sounds like a good idea, if only to keep non-recruitment chatter out of this one.

I'll create one some time this evening (it's 2 p.m. for me, so it'll be a few hours), but I will get one up so everyone can get to know each other a bit better. I'll get it done after the map update.  :-)

Jemady Angel

Great :) I did pick the hair and eyes to match the picture on mine, because I loved the picture I found when I was looking up dark skinned elf :)

This should be a lot of fun! Can not wait.
<---- O/o

frost rose

Man, these are fun to roll up. I got the weirdest set of coincidences. Although full admission — I picked the colours and changed one quality (short skirt > skull) after I realised I had the image that described her.

I also rerolled the stats once as I got a grand total of 6 first try, no joke.

Shirasaka Misaki

Athletics 1
Affection 0
Skill 4
Cunning 2
Luck 2
Will 0

Maid Type: Sexy, Lolita
Uniform Colours: White and Red
Eyes: Brown
Hair: Blonde

Special Qualities: Devil Summoner, One Eye Hair, Overactive Imagination, Skull
Weapon: Summoning
Maid Roots: Who Knows?
Maid Powers: 4-D Dress, Ultimate Menu
Stress Explosion: Alcohol

Favour: 0
Spirit: 0

Misaki is a delicately built girl, with a sweet demeanour that conflicts with the goth loli style with hints of vampishness she prefers when out of uniform. Despite being generally competent at her job she gets easily discouraged, frequently consoling herself at the bottom of a bottle at the slightest hint of things not going her way. That combined with her frequent trips through her own head and accompanying ferocious blushes leaves her somewhat distant from many of her peers.

Much of her success lies in the small army of minor demons and devils she commands, her goth stylings not merely for show, giving her many spare hands to help out, and sometimes do the work for her as she daydreams. She is pretty sure that it was during one of her little episodes that someone had her sign up to become a maid, probably one of the little devils she keeps working for her. Possibly as a prank, or in return for a service she can't remember now. Or she might have been drunk. She swore of drinking for a while after she woke up in uniform, just in case.

It didn't last for long.

There was a SIGNATURE here.

It's gone now.

Missy

So this game is still rolling out?

Still space for joiners? Was just able to locate a rulebook.

Blythe

@frost rose: Looks good!

@MCsc: Still open for those interested. I'm in the process of updating the map now! OOC will be up within the hour.

Blythe

Map updated!

I have edited to allow for a couple extra bedrooms!

Zaer, now that there are some more rooms, it will give you a bit more to pick from.

The OOC will take a bit longer this evening than I expected, but it will be up some time tonight.  ;D

EDIT: Jr, after perusing the thread, I saw where you mentioned wanting a room nearest the mistress, so I put that down for Daigo. Let me know if that's okay.

If I have missed anyone asking for a room, please let me know and I will get your character added!