Zombie Land{ Interest Check }

Started by KikuLei, December 03, 2010, 07:31:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kevben Battleheart

Quote from: Shadow879 on December 10, 2010, 10:36:21 PM
My spot's open. I have to go back to Iraq tomorrow morning, so I won't be able to post for a good week or so until I get internet set up.
Ahhhh, good luck then Shadow. Hopefully nothing happens to you or anyone else then.
The Saga of Battleheart (O/O's)The Vault of Victory  ♥
The World of Adalern (currently closed to critiquing)
Tell one your thoughts, but beware of two. All know what is known to three.
Thought for the week: Harden your soul against decadence, but do not despise it for the soft appearance of the decadent may be deceiving.

KikuLei

Yes Hart, your in.

And I'm sorry about that Shadow. :(

Hart

Thank you Kiku!

And all the best Shadow! Wishing you safety! Hopefully you can get back online and join in again soon! :-)

insaneplots

So now all we need is a place for this.

KikuLei

Perhaps L.A. ? Include perhaps a bar-scene?

insaneplots

I meant threads to start the game. But location is good. Problem with LA is that there are so many people the number of infected would be over whelming. Unless their slow zombies. in which case so long as you know what you're doing to can survive.

Fantasy Fan

Yeah, a thread would be good ;)

But as far as in-game location...a metropolis like L.A. or NY would defiitely leave us doomed...so I vote for a sort of...big city, but not huge one. So something like...Indianapolis, Chicago (though this might be pushing it too), etc.. I like the idea of something like...everyone has maybe an encounter with the undead, says "F it," and decides to go drink until its all over, so we wind up in a bar together ;D
O.o

insaneplots

perhaps a small suburban location enough infect to warrant teaming up but not enough to over run us. Personally as I see my character a bar would be on the bottom of his survival list of secured locations to hole up in, unless it's located in a mall.

Dreamers Sand

Why not the outskirts of a large city? Perhaps the people have all fled from inland of the city just when the infection hit, just before it became too overwhelming, and meet up by having come to a small freeway road bar, hell there could even be a motel sectioned there too, but it's up to KikuLei.

But that would make it so that they'd be not overly outranked by zombies, and have a meeting place.
"Adapting to human unpredictability is one of my features."
An Hourglass of Dreams | Ons & Offs

KikuLei

Maybe on the outskirts, and they run to the country thinking they will be safe? I think incorporating the Coffee shop behind my character in her picture would be interesting?

KikuLei

Hart

Like it!!!

Posting tonight. I've been caught up with work and people!

And.. we seem to have decided on fast zombies yes?

KikuLei

Some fast, some slow. Some characters may run fast out of fear.

Dreamers Sand

I hope you don't mind Kiku, but I went on and sent my character towards the coffee shop. I know a little about it in real life, so I though taking the initiative would be okay.

KikuLei

Quote from: Eternity on December 12, 2010, 02:40:45 PM
I hope you don't mind Kiku, but I went on and sent my character towards the coffee shop. I know a little about it in real life, so I though taking the initiative would be okay.

Wait, it's a real place? Holy Shit, I just came up with a custom story for it.  X_X I thought it was just a prop!

Dreamers Sand

Lol no, it's in Penwell, Texas, though right now it's just an abandoned building. :P

Hart

Haha Eternity I kinda had a plan in my post for our charries to meet in the apartment but now Leon's banging on the door of an empty room...

I'll just have to leave Leon all on his lonesome for now.

PS: Like the coffee shop! ;D

insaneplots

Just curious how we're going about the zombies, obvious their slow ones are they typical World war Z zombies only reacting to sound if they hear it. Ignoring any and all injury unless struck in the head. Or are talking a mix of slow and fast zombies. Perhaps mutations of them like in left4dead the whimpering but deadly witch, the bloated boomer Horde attracting bile, the coughing smoker with it's yoshi tongue, the hunter with it's claws and leaping abilities, and the hulked out tank.

Dreamers Sand

Hart:

*FACEPALM* I did not think of it being the same apartment. I had no idea. lol whoops?

Hart

Quote from: insaneplots on December 12, 2010, 09:05:04 PM
Or are talking a mix of slow and fast zombies. Perhaps mutations of them like in left4dead the whimpering but deadly witch, the bloated boomer Horde attracting bile, the coughing smoker with it's yoshi tongue, the hunter with it's claws and leaping abilities, and the hulked out tank.

When I was thinking fast zombies, it was the more 28 Days Later type. You know. Fast, vicious, smart and silent. That'd be as hard as a Witch on amphetamines.. ;)

Quote from: Eternity on December 12, 2010, 10:36:14 PM
Hart:

*FACEPALM* I did not think of it being the same apartment. I had no idea. lol whoops?

Haha no problem. Leon saw you leave so he's gonna tail you as long as he can before stumbling on your hideout.

EDIT: You and Derek's hideout!

insaneplots

With 28days the zombies weren't zombies but people infect with the rage virus they weren't undead just driven mad with rage. With the L4D zombies there were infact undead and freshly infect were fast. the mutated ones the witch, tank, boomer, hunter, and smoker were just mutants in the virus changing the host. I would say the tank would be the most dangerous the witch if you avoided it would leave you alone but piss it off and not be ready and it's elongated claw like hands would rip you to shreds.

KikuLei

Lets make it to where it depends? Some slower due to.. well their skin and bones falling off xD and broken legs ect. Most will be slow though, mainly due to the fact they are hungry i guess. o.o

Dreamers Sand

I might be slow responding these next few days simply because my schedule is kind of packed, I should be back home enough to relax and post Sunday.