The Evil League of Evil Wants You! (interest check)

Started by lore, August 03, 2013, 02:24:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lore

After having rewatched Dr, Horrible's Sing Along Blog, I've been left with a profound desire to write something revolving around this classic.

The basic concept: The Evil League of Evil is now recruiting. At the outset of the game, the league will only be open to canon characters, including the doctor himself. A new batch of promising OC recruits will be ready to do whatever it takes to gain the attentions of their would-be colleagues. These characters can be truly deviant or simply misguided, but should be in keeping with the quirky vision of this super-verse.

Application sketch - written as an in character submission to the league
Name: Rather meaningless, all things considered
Gender/orientation: Evil welcomes those from every end of the spectrum
Age: It's never too late or early to find the evil in your heart
Villain title: Strike fear into the hearts of the feeble minded sheep!
Abilities/tech: Don't forget your weaknesses... no matter how painfully embarassing
Back story: The greatest villains are made and not born
Nemisis: The bland corporate tool you will crush to impress us
Mission statement: Your goals in three phrases, tops

If there is enough interest, hero characters could also be a possibility, but I prefer to keep the focus on the league (with the exception of  Captain Hammer, Moist, ect)

The RP would take place a year after the events of the blog, with the potential recruits having been taken to league headquarters for trials set to span over an undefined period of time. They can band together, backstab, or attempt to sleep directly to the top.

mia h

Don't think I've got enough spare time to join, but Dr. Horrible does have one of the best lines ever written.

"Then I showed her my Hammer. And by Hammer I mean penis."
If found acting like an idiot, apply Gibbs-slap to reboot system.

yesiroleplay

Sleep your way to the top.  Hmmm.

Isn't Bad Horse, the Thoroughbred of Sin the leader of the ELoE?  Sleeping with the boss just got a bit more...  challenging.

WashAutumstar

“Being a geek is all about being honest about what you enjoy and not being afraid to demonstrate that affection. It means never having to play it cool about how much you like something. It’s basically a license to proudly emote on a somewhat childish level rather than behave like a supposed adult. Being a geek is extremely liberating." - Simon Pegg

PoppyHoneymeade

Curious... I might be interested, though I think it would be good to open it up to heros and villains, that way people can end up playing each other's nemesis, which could be fun :) Provided we stick to the rules of the setting of course, the heroes always win but they never really hurt the villains aside from a few bruises so nobody's character gets too injured and there's always more plots for next week!

I have an idea for a twisted canon with potential for hero or villain I might PM you about...

LordHarketh193

TexasWarren

As a Rocky Horror fan, I just watched Dr. Horrible today on Netflix. It was a kick.

If this is still happening, color me interested please.

TexasDM

Current Muse Score (0 - 10): 9

PoppyHoneymeade

Well I PM'd her the seed of my character idea 3 days ago... she might just be a slow poster which is fine, or she may have disappeared. Hard to be sure. But when she reappears I say we ask for a shiny new Australia each :P

LordHarketh193

Pfft why settle for one puny country when you can have the world.

PoppyHoneymeade

Who said I was going to settle on Australia? But do you really want someone just giving you the whole world? Sure Australia makes a nice present but when it comes to ruling the world it's something you should achieve yourself, or perhaps a team effort? That's the plan...

LordHarketh193

no one did.

Yes that would be nice, but if not then take it one city at a time.
Soon the world won't even know what hit them, and that mess will be cleaned up pretty soon after.

If team work was ever involved, you best watch your backs, i wouldn't be known as a lone wolf in college.

PoppyHoneymeade

I'll bear that in mind and not work with you then :P What I was referring to was the Plan that Dr Horrible has for him and Penny.

"That's the plan, rule the world, you and me, any day." During the Freeze Ray song.

LordHarketh193

Don't worry I'll be nice until backstabbing is essential. That song...just amazing XD

Yep personally i dunno why he'd want to rule it with someone, just gives them a open invitation to stab you in the back while you sleep.
Power changes people after all.

PoppyHoneymeade

Because the whole reason he wants to be evil is because he's lonely and has low self-esteem and thinks ruling the world will impress Penny. It's a messed up romance story. Which is why the ending is so poignant, because he got what he was trying to achieve by losing the one thing he really wanted to come from it.

LordHarketh193

Quote from: PoppyHoneymeade on August 26, 2013, 11:50:19 AM
Because the whole reason he wants to be evil is because he's lonely and has low self-esteem and thinks ruling the world will impress Penny. It's a messed up romance story. Which is why the ending is so poignant, because he got what he was trying to achieve by losing the one thing he really wanted to come from it.

I - or just really bad at being evil and needs a wake up call to let out said evilness.

B = Still better than twilight.

U - true its always good when evil rises from the ashes of one dream.

PoppyHoneymeade

Of course it's better than twilight... seriously it takes very real effort not to be better than a weird sparkle vampire who stalks a woman who somehow finds it charming and turns down a hot werewolf to turn sparkle vampire herself. Not to mention the whole premise is ridiculous, one drop of blood and they're all freaking out but they're fine with going to school, because not a single person there might be bleeding for any reason... no nosebleeds, shaving cuts, picked spots or times of the month.

LordHarketh193

Quote from: PoppyHoneymeade on August 26, 2013, 12:05:05 PM
Of course it's better than twilight... seriously it takes very real effort not to be better than a weird sparkle vampire who stalks a woman who somehow finds it charming and turns down a hot werewolf to turn sparkle vampire herself. Not to mention the whole premise is ridiculous, one drop of blood and they're all freaking out but they're fine with going to school, because not a single person there might be bleeding for any reason... no nosebleeds, shaving cuts, picked spots or times of the month.

HAHA LOL
Yep to me its a complete disrespect to vampires, they don't sparkle and never have but suddenly they now have the power to sparkle?
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Seriously where do these writers even get things like that from?

Personally i'd of turned them all down and gone with the baddies, they don't sparkle for some unknown reason seems like the best option to be honest.
- why they not like edward you ask? Because their bad ass vampires thats why.

PoppyHoneymeade

Honestly.... would you rather have a horde of screaming 13 year old girls or fans of both genders and every age?

I would say I'm surprised but...

And what is with that plot?

But I think we've got a little off topic :P

LordHarketh193

HAHA doctor who, David tenet, hands down could beat Edward anyday, he's just that awesome.

And that question...I'd prefer neither, would be hard to ever run away from my fans wouldn't it XD

Yer me too, honestly he waited all that time and then was like "i don't want to hurt you" pffft so makes me think he's more gay than before in the other films.

LOL
I know right?

Yer i think we did, just a little  :P
But its evil-ish because we're backstabbing twilight and mostly Edward cullen XD

PoppyHoneymeade

The books were utter rubbish, but you have to respect the actor a little, apparently he has social anxiety issues and decided to become an actor anyway to overcome his fears and didn't expect Twilight to be a big success (for some reason) and now he gets mobbed but he still returned to finish the other movies because he didn't want to let the director down (or wanted the money). At least that's what a friend of mine who actually likes that crud said, I didn't bother looking into it.

Either way... we should probably try getting back to Dr Horrible based things.

What kind of character did you have in mind? I'm assuming Villain but any in particular?

Uh, Lore hasn't been on since the 8th... Which is a bad sign...

LordHarketh193

Yep. And the fact Bella ( don't know actors name XD) cheated on him. Living in a house full of women has its perks and fails.
Can't believe he carried in even though she cheated makes him seem like a bit of a push over.

Yer so anyway XD

A bad ass, that's about all you get XD
Well I dislike using already made characters so I always make my own takes about 3 minutes on a bad day.
What about you?

Yer so I heard.
Someone could always make another thread like this and us evil people could go on the more active thread?
Just a suggestion.

PoppyHoneymeade

If I was going to try and set up something like this I'd open it to heroes as well as villains and that way people could see about playing each other's nemeses (taking a lot of the the pressure off me while also encouraging greater variety). Though I probably wouldn't want to be the main GM as I'm new to the site and would have no idea how to do the Wiki stuff I'd want to do.

The idea I had works better if there's a player as Dr Horrible (and possibly Captain Hammer).

I thought what if Penny didn't actually die at the end, if they put her in the ambulance, the ambulance came across Captain Hammer whining about his boo boo and they tossed her out and left her for dead. Classic Villain/Hero creation story, left for dead. Of course Penny had pieces of death ray imbedded in her, who knows what kind of things were part of it's design or what it might do to her.

Haven't really turned it into a full idea yet, but it would kind of depend on discussing things with the players of the other characters etc. I'm thinking either Admiral Farthingdale or Lady Lovely (and yes I know both those names are kinda lame but that's sort of the point) depending on whether she's more pissed off with Captain Hammer or Dr Horrible and whether she goes Villain or Hero...

Of course either way she doesn't recognise Dr Horrible as Billy and he doesn't recognise her as Penny (and still thinks Penny's dead).

LordHarketh193

Wow sounds like you have a lot of idea's.
Sounds pretty cool actually.
Captian hammer is a dick, all i kept doing through the video was shout he's a dick at him XD
It was mostly to annoy my sisters XD