News:

"Wings and a Prayer [L-E]"
Congratulations OfferedToEros & Random for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Troubleshooting thread

Started by Vekseid, August 14, 2014, 07:18:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shekinah

It changes, I had it happen today a few times when I went to the Anime thread and also when I went to the Video games thread

Why don’t we drink to me and my reflection in your lovely eyes?

My O/O's
Have you taken care of yourself today?

Oniya

Hm.  Both pages give me 'two items blocked' on my ABP, but nothing on UBlock.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Vekseid

Quote from: Shekinah on February 11, 2021, 12:11:03 PM
It changes, I had it happen today a few times when I went to the Anime thread and also when I went to the Video games thread

It's coming from the Youtube embeds.

Shekinah

Okay, anything I can do against it?

My O/O's

Vekseid

It may be one of your extensions having an issue with it. It is hard to say : /

Shekinah

Okay, thanks for the help, as long as it isn't harmful it's okay  :-)

My O/O's

Ladydark

I seem to be having some trouble searching for anything... So I can’t see if it was asked before... this is the error I keep getting

Host: 192.168.0.2 - Port: 9306 - Error: :Connection timed out
Discord Ladydark#5684

Chasing Dreams

The search is down on the site right now and that's why it's not working for you.
Selectively Available for NEW stories.
Status ⋮ Around here somewhere.
Posts owed ⋮ 4 out of 11 
Posting Order (Click to see.)

Thank you Amaris for the beautiful signature!

Ladydark

Quote from: Chasing Dreams on February 17, 2021, 10:32:39 PM
The search is down on the site right now and that's why it's not working for you.

Ok! Thank you very much, I thought it was because I hadn’t been approved before, then it continued ... Thank you
Discord Ladydark#5684

Geraint

Quote from: Chasing Dreams on February 17, 2021, 10:32:39 PM

It is however still possible to search a single forum thread with the built in Windows search function.

If that is the case, you can press the "print" button at the top of the thread and search the entire revealed input  by pressing the control and F keys at once, and searching at the bottom of the screen.

(For single forum threads, it is actually much faster than the site search function)

Ladydark

Quote from: Geraint on February 18, 2021, 12:41:41 AM
It is however still possible to search a single forum thread with the built in Windows search function.

If that is the case, you can press the "print" button at the top of the thread and search the entire revealed input  by pressing the control and F keys at once, and searching at the bottom of the screen.

(For single forum threads, it is actually much faster than the site search function)

Thanks, not sure how that will help on my phone, but I’ll try on my computer :)
Discord Ladydark#5684

RainyHigh

My account has been de-verified. But I can't reply in the appropriate thread. I did send an email from my working email account to Ariel, but just in case I needed to post on the actual site the problem, here ya go! :)
Rainy's Ons and Offs
Currently not open for solo stories

Auxie

Help!

Excuse me for a dumb question.  I am having trouble posting a profile image.  I can't seem to upload from my phone and I can't remember how I made the original (I used Mediafire but can't seem to find how to access the convkey format since last week!

Is it just a matter of size and if so what are the limits that I should be trying for? Is it a pixels or bytes thingy?
Please note that the reply rate on my profile is very misleading.  I registered at Elli in 2019 but did not begin my introduction until May 2021.  I calculate my reply rate at approximately 1.25 per day and rising.  You can check this from the date of my first post - May 12 2021 - under 'show posts' and my total posts.

Chasing Dreams

Quote from: Auxie on July 19, 2021, 12:54:46 AM
Help!

Excuse me for a dumb question.  I am having trouble posting a profile image.  I can't seem to upload from my phone and I can't remember how I made the original (I used Mediafire but can't seem to find how to access the convkey format since last week!

Is it just a matter of size and if so what are the limits that I should be trying for? Is it a pixels or bytes thingy?
There's no such thing as a dumb question. Profile pictures cannot be larger than 150 x 200 pixels.
Posts owed ⋮ 4 out of 11 

Auxie

Thanks dreamchaser.  It was really that simple!   Another question please.  I have just started my first topic and it has  red cross in the right hand column.  What does this mean?  Have I done something wrong??
Please note that the reply rate on my profile is very misleading.  I registered at Elli in 2019 but did not begin my introduction until May 2021.  I calculate my reply rate at approximately 1.25 per day and rising.  You can check this from the date of my first post - May 12 2021 - under 'show posts' and my total posts.

Blythe

Quote from: Auxie on July 20, 2021, 01:09:19 AM
Thanks dreamchaser.  It was really that simple!   Another question please.  I have just started my first topic and it has  red cross in the right hand column.  What does this mean?  Have I done something wrong??

That's a 'delete' shortcut; thread-starters technically have deletion privileges on their own topics due to forum functionality.

(That being said, RPs are typically considered collaborative works here to some extent, so definitely ask your writing partner and then a moderator before you ever delete one, just to be on the safe side of the site rules!)

Auxie

So no worries then.  It doesn't mean that the topic was incomplete or unpostable.  Thanks again.

cathedralnight

How do I delete my account? I don't really use this anymore. Thanks.
Love is Always Fate's Decision. 

~My Ons and Offs~

Chasing Dreams

Quote from: cathedralnight on March 17, 2023, 11:30:18 PM
How do I delete my account? I don't really use this anymore. Thanks.
I'll PM you.
Posts owed ⋮ 4 out of 11 

cindyluv

I can't read any of my messages......what's wrong?

if you have a reply, obviously I won't be able to read it here so please contact me at
<Snipped> By Staff.
kink loving bondage fan....got ropes, ballgags, nipple clamps and a whip?....then I'm your girl!

a submissive but will occasionally play domme for the right girl

Chasing Dreams

Quote from: cindyluv on May 27, 2023, 07:30:14 PM
I can't read any of my messages......what's wrong?

if you have a reply, obviously I won't be able to read it here so please contact me at
<Snipped> By Staff.
Hi cindyluv,

You will want to look here.

-Chasing Dreams
Posts owed ⋮ 4 out of 11