Heroic Fantasy Desert Island Game (D&D 3.5) – (Need Male Characters)

Started by LisztesFerenc, May 29, 2011, 09:21:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LisztesFerenc

ooh, internet, didn't expect to have it here. Anyway, glad to see the groups seem to be forming. Just to be clear, you do not have to be in a group. For example, Aether's character will most likely start solo since no one else's character is on the Pirate Island. If you want to start alone, tell me and I’ll see if it will work out.

TheHangedOne

I imagine my human will be starting alone, since I don't really see how he could start with the other groups...but it's probable he'll encoutner one of the groups after a wee bit.
A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

Healergirl

My first post IC will be a brief account of the shipwreck, I think, concluding with my character beginning to wake up amidst some debris.  I expect to be found by Ixy or Rubyslippers very quickly.

Hmm.  My character waking up in the middle of a heated arguement over who had dibs on the castaway could be pretty surreal, I think.

Crovonovin

Mine shall be starting alone as well, and you're free to have him wash up wherever you wish!

Helenia

Hi all I have been lurking watching this thread and game progress. May as well make an appearance now. I have been smoothing a few things over with LisztesFerenc about a character and such and we have ironed one out as im not the most up to date on the D&D world.

Im going to be running a Human Fighter from the Hill Fort of the Island so if anyone wanted to try and work our two characters in together that would be a bit better than playing alone and I know it would make LisztesFerenc’s life a little easier.

TheHangedOne

Hey, Helenia. My character is a Human Warlock and also from the Hill Fort. Maybe we can hash out some details, and start together?
Check out my poet tree!

Aether

My character is burried in a PM somewhere and I will get it on a sheet asap!

Ixy

Quote from: Healergirl on June 14, 2011, 03:51:04 PM
Hmm.  My character waking up in the middle of a heated arguement over who had dibs on the castaway could be pretty surreal, I think.

Well, that's an idea at least... a little good-natured conflict, some distrust over good intentions, etc.

ofDelusions

So who wants 4d6 fire damage added to all of her/his attacks to start game with a sexy bardess? Perhaps Deneve is a serving as a guide or translator for some character? She knows many places in island and has Tongues spell.

Ixy

Well, I wouldn't object, but at this rate I'm not confident that the game will last long enough for various groups to meet.

TheHangedOne

Check out my poet tree!

ofDelusions

I was thinking, how about Helenia, Hanged man and me all start as a group of three at the hill fort? We would have a second group of three that way!

TheHangedOne

If Helenia is cool with it, so am I. I'm fairly laid back like that.  :-)
Check out my poet tree!

Helenia

Im happy for us all to play as a group, more the merrier.

So another small group rounded up nicely.

ofDelusions

So any ideas why our chars start together? I think mine could have been asked to guide you to some place or something.

TheHangedOne

My character is choosing to leave the Fort because he feels alienated there. He might spend some of his spare gold to hire a guide.  If your character had a reason to leave/get kicked out, the three of us could all start off as exiles.  ;D
Check out my poet tree!

ofDelusions

I fully support that idea! Deneve is sort of semi-exile already, traveling around the island and visiting all the groups. Yes even drow. Disguise self + tongues ftw.

Helenia

Any reason for us to start together is good enough. Deneve could return to the Hill Fort one day and inspire a few of it’s citizens that a life outside of the defences is a more exciting and fulfilling life.

Exile is good too, or just convenience does me.

Deneve being a guide would be useful though, maybe me and The Hanged Man meet up shortly into the storyline and tag along with a a guide for safety?

ofDelusions

Go Team Exile!

*Wanders of to check she actually had ranks in survival.*

Healergirl

A questi0n about feats:  Characters gain an additional feat very even numbered level?

ofDelusions

LisztesFerenc

Okay, I'm back. Glad to see some groups have been formed. As I see it we have:

Triple Team – The Three Dames (Healergirl, Ixy and RubySlippers)
  Triple Team – The Exiles (Helenia, OfDelusions and TheHangedMan)
  Solo – The Travelling Holy Man (Shihong)
  Solo – The Gnome Entrepreneur (Aether)
  Solo – The Solitary Hunter (KingandFatherland)

That’ll work.

So with 9 players I have 18 threads to use. 5 game threads and one general OOC thread leaves 12. Aether mentioned a character sheet thread and then I’ll have one for Rumours and Events that will affect the whole island either directly or indirectly, such as “A huge storm is approaching from the south-west,” or “The dark elves are preparing for a military strike on the Hill Fort”. That leaves 10. Anything I missed? (I’m guessing you don’t need an OOC for each game, and I’m worried it will clog up the forum.)
  Apart from that, all I need to hear from you if where you want to start on the island and I can start making the game threads tomorrow.

Two more things:
  @ The Exiles: The drow have a mercenary army, so whilst they are certainly not friendly to outsiders they won’t kill/enslave them on sight. However being caught impersonating one of them will be a serious crime, so you might want to abandon any attempt to disguise yourselves. Apart from that you can go to any factions with minimal trouble save the abandoned Galleon. They will try and kill you. Plus there are the loads of traps.
  Also, a map. My art skills on paint (and paper for that matter) are pretty terrible, so how much do you need one of the whole island?

Crovonovin

I imagine that just a very generalized map will do, to give us an overall idea of placement.  Here's a few island maps I had kicking around that might serve some purpose.

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

RubySlippers

Question will the Galleon folk trade with my druid outside their territory, is there someplace for that?