I have another question :)

Started by EnchantedDream218, December 21, 2018, 07:28:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EnchantedDream218

Is there a Discord chat channel that everyone chats on?

I was wondering if anyone ever created one on there? I'd just like to socialize with people from this Forum. I consider it my second family.

My List=)

"True love is like ghosts, which everyone talks about and few have seen." ~Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Tolvo

There is an official one in the works but not ready yet. Lots of people for individual RP's have their own Discords but I don't think there is a big group one for just broadly members of the site. So any that there are, are unofficial and not subject to site rules and stuff and aren't run by staff.

Blythe

Elliquiy doesn't have an official Discord open to the membership at this point in time, though it's something we are hoping to roll out some time in the future.

As for other members and their Discord servers, those are an 'at your own risk' sort of thing. Staff reach is limited (for a reason), and while we will accept off-site reports, we can't guarantee acting on them, though we do make strong efforts to.

Tolvo

Yeah it can be hit or miss. Someone can try to even keep the same written rules as the site but since they aren't staff and officially a part of E as a discord how they enforce those rules and interpret them can still be very different from how staff do. So no matter what they'll have their own ways of doing things and cultures. Though if things happen there are ways to contact Discord for harassment and TOS violations and report servers if you notice very illegal things going on.

For me I try to just stick with people I'm friendly with having my discord since people can use it as a means to pressure/etc you off site out of the eyes of the staff here.

Tsenta

Quote from: Tolvo on December 21, 2018, 07:45:35 PM
Yeah it can be hit or miss. Someone can try to even keep the same written rules as the site but since they aren't staff and officially a part of E as a discord how they enforce those rules and interpret them can still be very different from how staff do. So no matter what they'll have their own ways of doing things and cultures. Though if things happen there are ways to contact Discord for harassment and TOS violations and report servers if you notice very illegal things going on.

For me I try to just stick with people I'm friendly with having my discord since people can use it as a means to pressure/etc you off site out of the eyes of the staff here.

If someone from E does ever pressure you or try to manipulate you off-site (not saying anyone is now, just for future), please don't hesitate to tell staff.  They work really hard to make E a safe accepting space for all involved, predatory behavior isn't tolerated.
There ain't no rest for the wicked.

[Sic Semper Tyrannis - "Thus always to tyrants"] - Marcus Junius Brutus The Younger.

The Dark Raven

Check my A/A | O/O | Patience is begged. Momma to Rainbow Babies and teetering toward the goal of published author. Tentatively taking new stories.

EnchantedDream218

My List=)

"True love is like ghosts, which everyone talks about and few have seen." ~Francois de La Rochefoucauld