Cruel Harvest [Ex]

Started by Plot Hooks, July 21, 2010, 01:51:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Plot Hooks

People don't go to Old Merry Farm for a reason.    It's out of the way,  the family that owns it is cranky,  and it's rumored by the kids to be haunted by the ghosts of people murdered there in the sixties.    Things go awry when a group of youngsters (teenage to collage-agers) decide to debunk the myth on a dare.    Will anyone at all survive the night of murder and mayhem, or will they simply add to the horrific legend?

This game would explicitly involve murder and ultra-violence.  Players should know up front that their character will are likely be killed off in a gruesome way.    Fear not though,  death may not be the end of your character.  If it needs to be said, this will be an explicitly grim and gruesome rp.

I will serve as the DM, and while it will technically be a system RP,  players only need provide a thorough description of the character and most all the mechanics will be run safely under the table.   For those that care to know,  I'll be using M&M2e,  but you don't need to know (or learn) any of it to play.   

I will keep this limited to 4 players at a time,  and will try and keep it mixed up well (ie.  Not a first come, first served senerio.).  The game ends when everyone is dead, or has made it to safety.   
"Cut me down or let me run.  Either way it's all gonna burn." - Joe (The Protomen)

Ons/Offs       Ideas          A/A

Damnedangel

Mmm this sounds really interesting.
Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum - If You Seek Peace Prepare For War.
We all have multiple personalities. The Average is three, but some people have more.
There's the face you wear for your friends and family, the one you let the outside world see.
Then there's the face you see everytime you look in the mirror.

GloomCookie

Name: Laura Blackstone
Major: Social Sciences & History
Temperament: Empathetic, preferring to solve problems with reasoning and compassion, rather than brute force.
Hobbies: Reading mystery novels and true crime stories.
My DeviantArt

Ons and Offs Updated 9 October 2022

Plot Hooks

Sorry for my brevity; I'm working from a phone.

D.A.:   Pitch me a character then!
Linna:  I like it,  but I'd like to ask a few questions...

1.) What's her home-life like?
2.) Is she involved in any extra-circular activities?
3.) introvert or extrovert?

Everyone:   I neglected to mention that players will be allowed to peek at the mechanics if they so desire.   It will be kept on a separate thread though.
"Cut me down or let me run.  Either way it's all gonna burn." - Joe (The Protomen)

GloomCookie

1) Both her parents are perhaps best described as hippies.  She has two older brothers and a younger sister.  Her brothers are all gone off to their own careers, but her younger sister is still in high school and is about as spoiled as a shipping container full of ripe fruit in the summer sun.  She stays in an apartment with another girl, working as a radio talk personality on the weekends at the local station.
2) She spends her time outside of class and work playing baseball, going bowling, and watching movies at the local cinema.
3) Ambivert.
My DeviantArt

Ons and Offs Updated 9 October 2022

Plot Hooks

Right on!   This makes you the first player.   We'll see who else shows.   

Acid Lips

Name: Sakura Laruna
Personality: She is serous when needed to be, otherwise she is a joker she likes to have fun and make jokes and pranks. She is known to be a loyal friend that besides her unusual personality she is a tomb of secrets and will never let any of them out.
Skills: She loves music and singing, she has a amazing voice and has a rock band.
Bio: She was born in Japan, ever since little she had been fooling around and making fun of people. Tragedy struck one night though, she was involved in a crash with a drunk driver her big sister getting killed in the process. She feels is her fault and keeps it hidden away on her heart not letting it out. After the accident she move to the states to forget and restart a new life. She went back to her old ways thinking that was what her sister would had wanted, however she now has a new view on life, it is too precious to waste it. She enrolled in school and now is one of the top student in the class while still being the Joker of the classroom.

Due to her past she developed a fear of blood. The sight of too much blood make her remember how her sister died and she goes into a panic attack each time she sees a lot of blood even in movies. Reason why she almost always go into comedy movies and not into horror, she is not a big fan of scary stuff thinking that somehow she would be responsible for more deaths.

abandoneddolly

Tiffany Shale

Age-22
Gender- Female
Skills- good with hand to hand combat she took years of martial arts, can pick a  lock,
Major- Pathology
Hobbies- Drawing, writting stories, and watching really old horror movies,
Personality- very emotional likely to act before thinking. She doesn't trust easily though especially other guys, and can Handel herself  quite well.
Bio- Tiffany goes to the university to become a pathologist and spends most of her time locked away in her studies. She is quite intrigued by how the body works. When she is not studying she is  usually either working on a novel, or watching old horror movies. She loves the kind that have the bad special effects, and horrible plots. She knows a lot of trivia from such movies. When she gets tired of staying in the house by herself she goes to the local goth clubs and flirts and dances though she rarely goes past flirting with anyone. She was an only child, and her parents live about a state away. She calls them every other weekend by her relation ship with them is strained.

Chreestafer

Hey you still looking for people? if so im interested in some of this here fun :)
“The Doctor: This is bad, I don't like this. [kicks console and yells in pain] Never use force, you just embarrass yourself. Unless you're cross, in which case... always use force!
Amy: Shall I run and get the manual?
The Doctor: I threw it in a supernova.
Amy: You threw the manual in a supernova? Why?
The Doctor: Because I disagreed with it! Now stop talking to me when I'm cross!”
Ons and Offs
F-List

Plot Hooks

Posting from a phone.   Apologies for grammer/spelling/kurtness...

C:   Pitch a character.  :D.  I want to get started soon...

Al:   Welcome to E!

A couple of questions...

1.) What is Sakura's major?   
2.) what are her hobbies/extra ciricular activities?
3.) What's the rockband's name, and who are the other members?

AD:  Great profile!   Why is Tif's relationship with her parents strained?

abandoneddolly

Its strained  because  before she left for college she git into a bit of trouble with the law for stealing somethings, as soon as it was cleared up she took off to school. The parents feel like they lost their innocent little girl and being so far away from her they don't know much about what she is doing and she don't tell them much. So they picture her getting into a lot more trouble.

Acid Lips

Quote from: Plot Hooks on July 22, 2010, 03:47:27 PM
Posting from a phone.   Apologies for grammer/spelling/kurtness...

C:   Pitch a character.  :D.  I want to get started soon...

Al:   Welcome to E!

A couple of questions...

1.) What is Sakura's major?   
2.) what are her hobbies/extra ciricular activities?
3.) What's the rockband's name, and who are the other members?

AD:  Great profile!   Why is Tif's relationship with her parents strained?

1- She is on a Law mayor, (lawyer)
2- She loves to hang out with her friends, to parties and such. She does not drink at all.
3- her band is called, Blood Stained Roses (bsr) a all female group. (You can use them as already dead npcs for my char to find if ya want)

Chreestafer

Nicholai "Nikki" Rhinehert

Age- 22

Major- Psychology
Minor- Signlanguage

Skills-  Being in the navy has taught him alot and ever since he got accepted into the Navy Seals program he has been running head first into anything he can that will help him learn and clear his thoughts.

Bio-
When Nikki was 7 his parents were murrder in cold blood by a family friend who was addicted to drugs and needed money from them for said addiction, when they refused, he pulled a gun and killed them, he turned the gun on Nikki but couldnt bring himself to kill the child so he took the money and ran.  Years later as Nikki grew he wanted his vengance on the man that killed his parents however when Nikki was 12 the man was found dead of an overdose.  Nikki grew up with his grandmother an older quiet lady whose husmand dies in ww2.  Nikki would keep to himself and had little firsnd through out highschool, but his only and best friend joined the service he decided to do so as well.  He didnt play sports but was athletic enough to get accepted to the Navy Seals and decided to go for it.  He finished school alright and left his home foe bootcamp and training.  A few more years passed before his grandmother passed away and he was granted leave to come to her funeral.  This is why he is back in town.
“The Doctor: This is bad, I don't like this. [kicks console and yells in pain] Never use force, you just embarrass yourself. Unless you're cross, in which case... always use force!
Amy: Shall I run and get the manual?
The Doctor: I threw it in a supernova.
Amy: You threw the manual in a supernova? Why?
The Doctor: Because I disagreed with it! Now stop talking to me when I'm cross!”
Ons and Offs
F-List

Plot Hooks

Looks like we got a crew.    I'll open threads Saturday,  and ask a few more questions when I'm in front of an honest to god computer.

Plot Hooks