News:

Sarkat And Rian: Happily Ever After? [EX]
Congratulations shengami & FoxgirlJay for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Hunger Games

Started by Queen Elsa, June 08, 2012, 10:59:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Akelah

Oh, I'm sorry. I meant that while fabricating the characters I would suggest making the Brash one have some sort of endearing feature... like a baby face, or wide innocent eyes or a small height or a slender form that make people think her not very intimidating. Though there can be several other ways you can take her appearance if you'd like because it was only a suggestion. I hope I didn't confuse you more-so.

Queen Elsa

Quote from: Akelah on June 09, 2012, 10:03:33 PM
Oh, I'm sorry. I meant that while fabricating the characters I would suggest making the Brash one have some sort of endearing feature... like a baby face, or wide innocent eyes or a small height or a slender form that make people think her not very intimidating. Though there can be several other ways you can take her appearance if you'd like because it was only a suggestion. I hope I didn't confuse you more-so.

No, no. That was very helpful thank you. I like the idea of wide innocent eyes and a slender figure.

Akelah

Okay..wide eyes and slender build, check. Any ideas on the shy one?

Queen Elsa

Quote from: Akelah on June 09, 2012, 10:09:58 PM
Okay..wide eyes and slender build, check. Any ideas on the shy one?

I think she should have a beautiful face and body, but be kind of downy, as in not emphasizing any part of her beauty.

Akelah

Quote from: Naruhinagirl on June 09, 2012, 10:12:57 PM
I think she should have a beautiful face and body, but be kind of downy, as in not emphasizing any part of her beauty.

Agreed. Next is height for both of them, hair color, and eye color. I think they should have at least one common feature that is completely different. (like they both have brown hair but one has more gold and the other darker and more red. ect. ect.)

Queen Elsa

Quote from: Akelah on June 09, 2012, 10:17:52 PM
Agreed. Next is height for both of them, hair color, and eye color. I think they should have at least one common feature that is completely different. (like they both have brown hair but one has more gold and the other darker and more red. ect. ect.)

I think it should be their eyes. The shy one should have blue eyes with little gold flecks in them. I'm not so sure about the other one.

Akelah

Ice blue with silver?

Queen Elsa

Akelah

Alright. Brown hair is a good neutral hair color to blend in, and a lot of people had it in the games. Or do you want one of them to have unusual hair color? Perhaps the shy one?

Queen Elsa

Quote from: Akelah on June 09, 2012, 10:28:44 PM
Alright. Brown hair is a good neutral hair color to blend in, and a lot of people had it in the games. Or do you want one of them to have unusual hair color? Perhaps the shy one?

I think the shy one should be "classically pretty." You know, blond hair, blue eyes. THat sort of thing.

Akelah

Seems we're on the same page. I was going to suggest blonde ^^. Okay I say a deep brown for the Brash one with a hint of red.

Queen Elsa

Quote from: Akelah on June 09, 2012, 10:34:47 PM
Seems we're on the same page. I was going to suggest blonde ^^. Okay I say a deep brown for the Brash one with a hint of red.

I was thinking like a hint of light blue. Red reminds me of anger. Light blue is more innocent.

Akelah

Touche. Blue it is :). Name time. I really have no clue for this one, we  should probably stick to ones that are sort of eccentric, as most of the names in the Hunger Games were.

Queen Elsa

Quote from: Akelah on June 09, 2012, 10:41:43 PM
Touche. Blue it is :). Name time. I really have no clue for this one, we  should probably stick to ones that are sort of eccentric, as most of the names in the Hunger Games were.

How about Tally for the brash one? Tally was the main character in the Uglies stories.

Akelah

Name approved. Hahah. It's a good name for her and I always think of a cat whenever that name comes up and cats can be oh-so very feisty; it suits her perfectly.

Queen Elsa

Quote from: Akelah on June 09, 2012, 10:53:27 PM
Name approved. Hahah. It's a good name for her and I always think of a cat whenever that name comes up and cats can be oh-so very feisty; it suits her perfectly.

^_^ And I was thinking Aya for the shy one.

Akelah

Double approved, you're just brilliant at selecting names that suit the characters. Now, onto the family matter. Do you want them both to have some sort of families? Oh and what was the flaw in the system that allowed them to both be chosen you posted about?

Queen Elsa

Quote from: Akelah on June 09, 2012, 11:00:53 PM
Double approved, you're just brilliant at selecting names that suit the characters. Now, onto the family matter. Do you want them both to have some sort of families? Oh and what was the flaw in the system that allowed them to both be chosen you posted about?

I was thinking that someone doing the lottery just simply made a mistake by putting a girl's name in the bowl for boys, and their district just tried to play it off as a new tradition. The Capitol went along with it because they thought it would be entertaining to switch it up.

Akelah

Sounds good. gives the element of distress to the story for the family members of the one chosen by mistake and points out how cruel the capitol is and how they really are just interested in entertaining themselves.

Queen Elsa

And also, it shows how the Capitol is willing to bend the rules of the Treaty, just for their own entertainment purposes.

Akelah

Yes, that as well. Let's see... leaves a whole bunch of other stuff.

• Other Characters
  • In Depth Personality
  • Layout for the arena
  • Obsticles in the arena
  • Costumes
  • Character abilities/talents
And those are only some of them. Which would you like to work with first?

Queen Elsa

Haha, holy penguin-monkeys, that's a lot. What did we get ourselves into?! :3

Akelah

I haven't a single clue  ;D but I think we can achieve it....hopefully hahah.

Queen Elsa

Haha. Let's work on character abilities/talents next.

Akelah

Right. As Tally is more physical in ways and Aya mental I assume that Aya will be the strategist and Tally the one of action.  That is all well, and such but they need something that stands out. Catches the eye of the judges. Like Peta with his strength and camouflage and Katniss with her aim. And they have to be relevant in their life, again Peta-baking(cake decorating)-art-camouflage, Katniss-hunter-bow and arrow. Do you see what I'm getting at?