Resurrecting an RPG

Started by HockeyGod, October 22, 2017, 01:16:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HockeyGod

Greetings - I want to resurrect an RPG from 7 years ago. It has a sub-board as it grew that large and I anticipate it will be big again (popular topic and no other of that theme going on). A few questions I have - and I'm happy to chat via message with a purple person if that's the best way...

1. I've marked old threads as [archive] that were specifically for characters or settings that likely won't be in the reboot. Are these counted toward the limitation on the number of threads? As an aside, does anyone follow that rule? Is the rule still a rule? Perhaps the archives don't count?

2. I know there is a no delete rule, but do I just let the old threads be there and eventually they'll disappear as we add pages of threads? My OCD really wants to delete them!!!  ::)

3. I reached out to the co-GMs and one responded, the other didn't. Since I started the game and am resurrecting it, can I request the co-GM that did not respond be removed from GM power?

Umm...I guess that's all I have right now.

Thanks!

alx

Ariel

Hi there!

If you already have a subforum, then feel free to dust it off and reboot it! You don't need to redo the big group process. :-) feel free to ask an administrator to remove and add co-GMs as you need them, and if you want your old threads archived, I can move them to the small group subforum of that category so they can be buried.
Not accepting new RPs

Apologies | Ons/Offs | Finds | Requests + Rumbelle Craving

Oniya

Quote from: Ariel on October 22, 2017, 02:26:26 PM
Hi there!

If you already have a subforum, then feel free to dust it off and reboot it! You don't need to redo the big group process. :-) feel free to ask an administrator to remove and add co-GMs as you need them, and if you want your old threads archived, I can move them to the small group subforum of that category so they can be buried.

Or they can be left with the Archive tag for future readers to enjoy.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Ariel

Quote from: Oniya on October 22, 2017, 02:35:01 PM
Or they can be left with the Archive tag for future readers to enjoy.

Yes, but HockeyGod says he wants them out of the way. Was offering an alternative.
Not accepting new RPs

Apologies | Ons/Offs | Finds | Requests + Rumbelle Craving

RedPhoenix

Well if you mark it archive as a GM you can also lock the thread so that nobody else can post in it. Dunno if that would satisfy your OCD or not. :)

Also unless I am wrong the thread number rule is only for 'small' games for big you can have as many as you like in your subforum?
Apologies & Absences | Ons & Offs | Canon in Red
I move the stars for no one.

HockeyGod

Quote from: Ariel on October 22, 2017, 02:26:26 PM
Hi there!

Oooo...much obliged!  ;D