A World of Leagues

Started by Jag, January 16, 2010, 01:13:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Callie Del Noire

Or my 'geeking-tude' as well. :D

I liked the whole 'characters from fiction/history' bit of the League setting as well.

I just tossed out some options for folks who were looking for one. :D

Jag

My husband says I have a sick obsession with the League of Extraordinary Gentlemen. *giggles*

I too like the idea of Literary Characters (fictional or real) in that type of Steampunk/everything goes kind of setting. It makes for some very interesting stories.
Ons/Offs // Request Thread (Updated 3/10/24) // Slow to Reply at the Moment

Callie Del Noire

It's an interesting idea..and you got to admit the first book pretty much made it steampunk. :D

Jag

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Michi No Sora on January 16, 2010, 05:51:58 PM
Nemo made it steampunk. :P

Silly science pirate.

Little things like Hyde, the Invisble Man, the CHUNNEL in the 1890s, the mysterious 'lift alloy' didn't hurt either

Jag

I never really saw Hyde as steampunk. He was just pure emotion and muscle. Once he took over their body it kind of lost it's steampunk perception since it was no longer a dual body/personality situation...Hyde became a just some big man that wanted to beat up aliens after that. >.<

Though yes the airship, Hawley, CHUNNEL, the cavorite did help.

Jag

Gah...finished finally...

Name: Wilhelmina 'Mina' Murray (formerly Wilhelmina Harker)
League: English
Played By: Michi No Sora
Age: 38 (doesn't appear to be older than 27 for some reason though).
Height: 5'5''
Weight: 120 lbs.

Description: Being of a rather short stature she is usually underestimated. Her slender figure and milk white skin make her seem like the perfect target for a raping. Her long dark, brown hair is usually pulled back in a tight up-do. Her clothing is always top of the line and very lady like. She would never be caught without her lipstick on or her hair in perfect order. Her common outfit is a simple, white, button up shirt with slightly puffed sleeves. A dark colored vest of some sort can be found over that. Under the shirt is normally a corset of some sort to help give her that figure every woman wants these days. A long black skirt and a simple hat would normally complete the outfit for the average woman.

Mina is far from the average woman though. Around her neck, year round no matter the season or temperature, can be found a very tightly wrapped red scarf that nearly hangs to the ground down her chest and back. Most find it silly or unseemly, but then when they realize whom she is they brush it off because she is a disgrace as it is.

When needed Mina can undress. She can make herself a whore easily and flaunt her lovely body when needed. Though the scarf is never unwrapped from her neck. Men have joked that they bet she sleeps with it on. One man can attest to that in saying that sometimes she does. Very few know the reason for her scarf, but she become rather defensive when pressed about it.

Character Biography: Wilhelmina Murray was born in 1874 to a well class family of England. No one could ever guess what would happen to the bright, green eyed girl. She was raised as any proper woman of class in England in the 1800s should of been. Nothing was odd about her except her choice in husband.

Many felt that Mina could do better than Mr. Jonathan Harker, but that didn't stop the marriage. They seemed happy till Jonathan got mixed up with some professor named Van Helsing. Rumors of the men 'sharing' Mina floated around and finally the three made their way to Transylvania to investigate some strange man that was causing issues there. Few know what happened there, but all know that only three months after their return the couple were divorced and Mina did the most horrible thing of taking back her maiden name of Murray.

Those that do know what happened know that the young, lovely Mina was seduced by this crazed man they went to investigate. She gave her body and blood to him. Even her claiming that she didn't do it by choice was not enough for Jonathan once she had been rescued by the monster's fangs. The divorce is said to be the reason for her change in personality. In becoming the overly strict, over bearing, cross, and cold woman she is today. Some say that Jonathan didn't even save her, that she managed to break the 'spell' herself and that brought about a realization that she didn't need someone to take care of her. There in causing her to become one of 'those women' as some put it.

Not too many years later she was contacted by the English government and offered a large sum of money to front a League of extraordinary people. The group consisted of the estranged Captain Nemo, famous Allen Quatermain, the paranoid Dr. Henry Jekyll, and the mad Hawley Griffin. While collecting these members they unwittingly picked up one by mistake. Instead of ending up with the skittish Dr. Jekyll they were also stuck with his brutish counterpart Mr. Edward Hyde.

Over the course of just two years Mina lead the group against the Devil Doctor and Professor M's assault on England in their own personal war as well as defeat a group of Martians from Mars that had the intent on killing off humanity for whatever reason. Sadly, there were many deaths along the way that only hardened the young woman, but a love affair in Africa with Mr. Quatermain finally broke past her cold heart.

Even more sadly her lover died in 1901 while they were searching for a Fountain of Youth in Africa. They found the pool, but reported it a hoax and Mina even listed it as the reason for Allen's death. She managed to find Allen's lost son (Allen Jr.) and took him as her new travel companion. Not long after, Mina and Allen were assigned to a new League.

Some of the other new League members say that they sleep together with the odd creature Orlando, but there is no confirmation of this. The three just seem to be at odds with each other most of the time.

Personality: Mina doesn't like to let people into her life easily. First to break through after her ordeal with Dracula was Edward Hyde. He spoke privately with her to let her know that he didn't want to kill her and that in the whole world she was the only person he did not hate. This caused mixed feelings in her heart. Allen was the second to break through and the only one to stay.

While in Africa Allen came to realize that her cold, cross, even bitchy attitude was not a front; but there was more to her. Allen became her only love and one of the only people in the world to see her vulnerable side.

To all others she is still the proud, demanding, commanding, harsh, snappy, bitchy woman she has always been.

Equipment: None regularly. She uses what is handed to her most of the time.

EDIT: Daw crap...I just realized I have to do one of these for like every cannon character. *cries*

Callie Del Noire

There there... why not just wait and see who wants whom..then fill out those Leagues..and you can do the rest as they come up in play.

Jag

I guess that would be the smart thing to do...*didn't think of that*

I'm brain dead today.

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Michi No Sora on January 16, 2010, 06:31:12 PM
I guess that would be the smart thing to do...*didn't think of that*

I'm brain dead today.

S'all right.. as much as I want to game.. I don't want to burn out my GM first day. :D

Remiel

Good gravy! You work fast.  I'm afraid it's going to take my brain some time to get up to gear... *twitch*

Will probably play an original character. I'm thinking...a steampunk mechanic, or engineer.  Who would, of course, have mutton chops.

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Remiel on January 16, 2010, 06:55:46 PM
Good gravy! You work fast.  I'm afraid it's going to take my brain some time to get up to gear... *twitch*

Will probably play an original character. I'm thinking...a steampunk mechanic, or engineer.  Who would, of course, have mutton chops.

What can I say? I'm a bad influence. :D But Selene would LOVE someone to make gizmos for her.. Clockwork Grenades and such..

Jag

Quote from: Remiel on January 16, 2010, 06:55:46 PM

Of course I work fast. ^__^ When I'm inspired of course. I'm no amateur. :P

though far from an expert.

Transgirlenstein

You forgot to mention the part where Orlando, Alan and Mina do bad and naughty things together :P

I'm yoinking Orlando...

*yoink*
Busy with freelance writing work.  Replies slow.  Feel free to prod me. 

Formally Tripping Satyr, Tripping Snake and QueenTrippingserpent.  Often known as Trip.

Ons/Offs: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=19217.0

Seeking Games!: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=71239.0

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Transgirlenstein on January 16, 2010, 08:11:10 PM
You forgot to mention the part where Orlando, Alan and Mina do bad and naughty things together :P

I'm yoinking Orlando...

*yoink*

Shhh.. not supposed to let that kitten out of the bag!

<curious to see how she plays Orlando>

<even more curious to see how Orlando handles Selene. "I remember a Solomon Kane.. we were drinking buddies>

Transgirlenstein

Well it is implied that both the male Orlando and the female Orlando have slightly different personalities.  For example, male Orlando is a self absorbed twat.  Female Orlando seems a bit more submissive, willing to please and probaly more level headed.
Busy with freelance writing work.  Replies slow.  Feel free to prod me. 

Formally Tripping Satyr, Tripping Snake and QueenTrippingserpent.  Often known as Trip.

Ons/Offs: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=19217.0

Seeking Games!: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=71239.0

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Transgirlenstein on January 16, 2010, 08:15:07 PM
Well it is implied that both the male Orlando and the female Orlando have slightly different personalities.  For example, male Orlando is a self absorbed twat.  Female Orlando seems a bit more submissive, willing to please and probaly more level headed.

The 'guy' in the book didn't seem that bad..the 'guy Orlando' in the Black Dossier seemed a definite 'Twat'. Hence my decision to dip into some Lovecraft/Kane stories for inspiration. :D

Jag

Orlando is now taken by Tripp.

I'll set you up a basic profile and you can add to it and remove from it as you please. ^__^ I'll try to find a good picture, though if you can find one that you like we can use that one.

*snugs Trippy*

I thought the male Orlando was kinda funny in 1910. He ticks Mina off so much that she yells in public to him and Allen, "You two can just share the double bed without me tonight!"

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Michi No Sora on January 16, 2010, 10:39:15 PM

I thought the male Orlando was kinda funny in 1910. He ticks Mina off so much that she yells in public to him and Allen, "You two can just share the double bed without me tonight!"

Hmmm.. goes dig up the book again. Defintitely need to reread it tonight.

Jag

*has it on hand...flips through it to find the quote* Damn the lack of page numbers...

It's after Nemo's daughter fires the flare...she actually says, "Oh! That is the absolute limit! Listen, you can have the double bed to yourselves tonight! I'm sleeping downstairs!"

Allan whispers, "Mina! Don't tell the neighborhood..."

Mina, "Oh, shut up! I'll be at MacHeath's execution."

EDIT:

*check's pulse*

Yup...my heart beat is defiantly spelling out dork in morris code...

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Michi No Sora on January 16, 2010, 10:46:44 PM
*has it on hand...flips through it to find the quote* Damn the lack of page numbers...

It's after Nemo's daughter fires the flare...she actually says, "Oh! That is the absolute limit! Listen, you can have the double bed to yourselves tonight! I'm sleeping downstairs!"

Allan whispers, "Mina! Don't tell the neighborhood..."

Mina, "Oh, shut up! I'll be at MacHeath's execution."

Cute!

(on a side note.. found some stuff of Keria Knightly from the Duchess for Selene's 'public appearances')

Jag

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on January 16, 2010, 10:49:57 PM
(on a side note.. found some stuff of Keria Knightly from the Duchess for Selene's 'public appearances')

Do share. ^^

Remiel

I'm liking the idea. I just hope that prospective players don't feel intimidated if they don't have you guys' broad LXG knowledge.

I know I do...

sinera

Yes - intimidated is definitely the word...

Would be interesting to see perhaps Ben Franklin or Thomas Edison. I was originally thinking Amelia Earhardt (just watched Night at the Museum: Smithsonian and LOVE that girl's spunk!), but she'd only be 13 in 1910...

I'll muse this one over - not sure I would be a fit, since I don't know much about the League of Extraordinary Gentlemen.
O/O | A/A | My Intro | Fairytale Requests
Apparently some people don't read my O/O before adding me on MSN/Y! - so I'll say it here: IF YOU DON'T TELL ME YOU'RE FROM E, I WILL NOT ACCEPT BUDDY REQUESTS. Please read my O/O before PMing me with ideas, thanks.
Best IRC cybersex come-on line EVER: "I see you're an erotica writer...So, do you ever do any realtime collaborations?"

Jag

That's why I put the original characters in. So if someone likes the idea, but feels intimidated by not knowing enough about the cannon characters they can still play.

It's not really knowing about the characters that's important. After all, it's a fantasy game. Learning the basics of a character is easy when you have the internet (that's why I provided a lot of resource links).

And the German and French Leagues don't really have much to them. They were just excerpts in the Black Dossier. Really, a person could do nearly whatever they wanted with those cannon characters. Except Fantômas...he really is a bastard and needs a very open minded person to play him. He's rather mean and supposed to be the only person in the world that scares the hell out of Mina.

I do have a person in mind to play Fantômas, just not sure he'd want to play a group game. >.>

Sinera, if you really want to play Amelia Earhardt, I think we can over look the fact that she'd only be 15 in 1912. It's just a matter of changing some dates around and boom, she's 25-30 in 1912. >.< Instead of being born in 1897, we can say she was born in 1882 and that would make her 30 in 1912.