[Interest Check] Virtual Reality Fantasy MMO

Started by Yorubi, May 15, 2011, 04:11:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yorubi

I was thinking of a roleplay that took place in both the real world and a game world. If you ever played/watched and .hack//, you can somewhat get the idea of what I mean. Its focus is on players logging on and playing together in an online environment on a certain game. It would be a 'virtual reality' type of game which players put on a headset and can see and to a degree act upon their thoughts. Some things occur and people who die in the game suddenly fall into a coma. It would focus around the aspect of trying to find out what is the cause to try and fix it, whether they have a friend who fell into a coma or perhaps the person themselves has been inflicted and can't log out of the game and aren't able to die, otherwise they would die in real life.

I figure setting wise it can take place in the game as a center focus, while also allowing for interaction in real life. Being the forums they are, sexual contact can occur in either setting, though its likely in game sexual acts would need to be somewhere more 'private'. :) This roleplay could be either free form or we could try a system based idea for the "in-game" action. I'm only really experienced with Pathfinder though and I haven't DMed but I'm willing to learn and get it down if there are people interested in doing the roleplay that style.

If you are interested, post here. Feel free to bounce off any ideas or things you would like in this RP. I know its a bit of a 'surreal' idea, so I just want to get a taste if people like it and what they might like involved with it.

Classes (Under Construction) Keep in mind these are not final:
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Fighter: Strong melee class. A fighter often wears heavy armor and uses a variety of different weapons. They posses no magic ability at all.
+Knight: An advancement of the Fighter class that focuses on heavy armor. Knights are able to use one handed weapons and shields and can dual weild or used two handed weapons. They have the ability to switch to be offense or defensive on the go by changing their weapons and fight to keep others safe with honor.
+Beserker: Damage focused individuals. They sacrifice heavy armor for medium in order to be more flexible. They have the ability to enrage themselves causing their defenses to lower while boosting their ability to do damage. They usually use large two handed weapons.
+Paladin: A holy combatant. A paladin seeks spiritual guidance and uses it to unleash divine power on the enemy. They use primarily swords and shields for combat. They have a natural holy aura that strengthens allies slightly. They can use special divine magic known as Favors  to heal allies, increase their strength, or smite evil foes. Favors are much more limited then magic and can only be used once every few minutes.

Mage: A magic user which excels at spells. They wear only cloth armor and can be rather fragile. They have limited ability with weapons.
+Elementalist: Magic user who focuses upon using the elements of Earth, Water, Air, and Fire.
+Warlock: An individual who studied the dark arts. Warlocks are able to use darkness to inflict damage and curses upon their enemies.
+Magi-Knight: A magic user who has trained in the use of melee weapons. They are able to enhance their weapons with magic power and use some magic spells to their advantage. Their greatest strength lies in the arcane magic they use to bolster their power and allowing them to use one handed weapons effectively.

Rogue: Adaptable melee or ranged class. A rogue wears light armor and various small one handed weapons, such as short swords or daggers. They use little to no magic. They have various feats which gives them an advantage in combat. Rogues are able to use small ranged throwing weapons and switch to them as an alternate form of attack.
+Assassin: A melee fighter. They canuse stealth and other tactics to sneak up and take out a foe. Their ability to react quickly and escape from danger makes up for their lack of defense while getting up close.
+Ranger: A ranged weapon user. A ranger has the ability to fight from afar and react quickly to danger. Ranges are able to use weak magic, providing a small bit of extra support.
+Beast Master: The tamer of creatures. A beast master is able to take a creature type of their choice and become attuned with them. A beast master can enhance the creatures abilities and works together in synergy with their pet to fight. They can be skilled at either ranged weapons or melee.

Cleric: A support melee or caster class. They often wear medium armor and can use a few different types of weapons. They use divine magic as their means for strenght or aiding others.
+Priest: A caster type focusing on divine magic. Priests are able to heal and support allies from a distance. Their magic allows them to repel away evil and do some damage to enemies. They are particularly strong against unholy creatures. Priests can only wear cloth armor.
+Enchanter: A buff focused user. Enchanters are able to provide supportive buffs to allies while getting up close to an enemy and attacking with a weapon. They have weaker healing abilities then priests and lack casting magic. Enchanters use medium armor and use blunt weapons such as maces or a staff.\
+Monk: A master of the martial arts and understanding the body. The Monk focuses on using their body as a weapon. They use only cloth armor. Their attunement to their body and spirit allows them to use special enhanced abilities, making their strikes hit as strong as if they were to use a physical weapon with the aid of an energy known as Ki.

Races (Just ask if you want something added and I'll say if its alright. ^^)
Humans: The most popular race in the world. Humans are most noted for their strength and cunning. Human beings were the race that had done the most for the development of the world, taking the old ruins and methods of magic and changing them into much more advanced structures and devices.

Elves: A race often found locked away from the rest of the world. Elves are said to be directly related to the people from the old civilization in which magic was rediscovered from. Elves tend to keep themselves more hidden away and live in smaller civilizations then human beings, often built in unison with nature. Elves were believed to be immortal at one time until the blessing of eternal life mysteriously vanished. Their lifespans are similiar to humans, though most elves tend to live slightly longer. They are known for their long pointy ears and often are shorter then humans

Half-Elves: A race that is relatively new due to the movement of elves into the general society. Half elves aren't always technically half of both races, rather acting as a general name for those who have both elven and human blood. Due to the fact the mix can vary, half elves often times seem to look as a mix between the two races. Their ears are the biggest sign of their heritage.

Settings:

Real World:
The world itself in the RP will take place ~20 years in the future. Much of what we have around today will still be available, though many components are improved upon. Most transportation is powered by solar power and electricity. Most modern day appliances have undergone upgrades to be easier and more efficient. Medical treatments have gone through numerous updates and cures have been found for diseases that were once though incurable. Cell phones that don't use the internet or provide any extra little goodies are considered ancient and outdated technology. Bill boards have moved to a more digital front and often play video. Graphics have come to the point it can be difficult to tell CGI from a real person. Voice command was replaced by the use of a mental link in many devices to not only access and pick what you want, but also to keep your things from being accessed by someone else. Video games have begun to dip into virtual reality using the new mind linking technology and have begun to take off.

Game World
The game world takes place in a fantasy world where swords and magic are the keys to survival. Magic has acted as the largest advancement in the world's technology as many creations have used it. Floating islands have been propelled by the use of magic. Bridges and various transportation uses it to move long distances. Teleportation is possible due to special focused crystals that are attached to special portal structures that allow the user to enter through one and walk out from its opposing side, no matter where it might be. Most people live in large cities or towns that are walled off from the wilderness. Outside of refuge, various monsters or bandits wander. Those brave enough to explore can find so many things all scattered and hidden through the world. Various dungeons and locations that have been long lost can be found. Players can explore and discover the mystery behind the origins of magic and the remains of long lost civilizations in which it was discovered from.

While that setting might be what most players see, the game world itself has many places that are further hidden beyond the logic of the game world. Small cracks can be found by those observant or the right tools that can be opened and enter, leading to areas that don't seem to belong to the game, full of glitches and half done items. Creatures lurk in these areas that have undergone a strange sort of 'corruption'. Those who die to these creatures are said to fall into a coma that they can not awaken from. Few of those players manage to find consciousness once again in the game where their minds are linked directly and the act of dieing once again will cause permanent death... both in game and in real life. Strange variations of these creatures have slipped off and begun moving through the real world. These odd beings seem to have a strong AI behind them, as they seem to go beyond the parameters of what a normal monster might do. These creatures have been wandering and attacking players and leaving odd traces of their existence behind. There are those out there who are particularly interested in finding the cause of this odd 'virus' whether it be out of boredom, to save a friend, or perhaps save themselves. The danger for these individuals is no game... it is quite real. One slip up can find the person locked into a coma, or potentially loose them their lives.

Zones:

Spero (Starter City): Starting area of the game and location where most people can be found. It has all the goodies a player might require. There are shops for items, auction houses for players to sell their extra loot, an underground PvP arena to settle differences, a guild hall for guild related activities, and a teleporter to take the user to any location they might like to go.

Spero Plains (Level 1-10): Located by the northern and eastern sections of the city. The plains are a rather vast area with various lakes and rivers. Trees lightly dot the plains though there are some sections where they are more common sight. A few cave systems lay partly exposed for those wanting to venture down into them, though many dangers lurk within those caverns.

Spero Forest (Level 11-20): Directly West and South of the main starting city. The forest is a relatively hilly location with plenty of trees. The further one ventures in, the thicker the trees become. The deepest reaches of the woods are dimly lit due to the thick canopy the old trees provide. Ghost tales are often told about those dark regions where a few remains exist of an old city that had long since been abandoned and left in ruin.

The Whispering Mountains (21-30):A rather varied area further west from the Spero forest. The whispering mountains are rather tree covered on the lower sections of the mountain mostly populating the valley between the mountain. Steep cliffs make it difficult to navigate at times, as various paths exist leading to many different places. Arid stretches of land rest nestled between the southern peeks that are void of water. Various cave systems act as makeshift paths leading further into the mountains or into the domain of the beasts that inhabit them. The northern most cliffs tend to be higher up and are often capped by snow, making the weather rather unpredictable as you go up, the tempature quickly shifting between being comfortable and frigid cold. A few parts of the lost civilization have been found within and built on top of the mountains.

Forbidden Wetlands (31-40): Existing West of the Spero plains. The wetland is a rather foreboding place. A thick march exists separating itself from the plains and acting as a natural hindrance. The marsh's difficult terrain is only further added to in trouble by the population of creatures that exist and will attack anyone venturing into their territory. A large source of runes exists past the marches that remain partly intact. Old technology is said to be awaiting those who venture deep into the wetlands to discover it.

Frozen Flame Ridge (41-50): Located North West of Spero. The Frozen Flame Ridge is a relatively mountainous location keeping in high elevation. Many slightly flat stretches of land exist between the peeks that are covered with snow and ice all year long. Frozen lakes exist that seem to devoid the land below of the water that should flow freely down. Further in the ridge exists several volcanoes. Lava pits are visible on the surface and run as rivers in the frigid cold acting as natural sources of heat that seem to be unable to provide a nice comfort between the two extremes. At times, the flames from the large volcano Centios rain down from the sky in the northern most reaches, making a rather beautiful if not dangerous sight. A large ancient city rests along the inner workings of the volcano, partly submerged in lava.

Character Sheet

I will try not to change this much. Real Name is your characters name in the real world, not your actual name. ^^;; Use this as a guideline for now if you want to work on your character ahead of time.  Character background will be focused upon anything pertaining to what your character has gone through in the game. You don't need to have much here, just a little run down of how they might of spent their time in game, if much at all.

[b]Character Name:[/b]
[b]Race:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Class:[/b]
[b]Weapon:[/b] (Keep it relating your chosen class. Most will only have one, though knights can use 2 different sets of weapons and assassins can have throwing weapons as a sub weapon.)
[b]Appearance:[/b]
[b]Character Background:[/b]

[b]Real Name:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Occupation:[/b]
[b]Appearance:[/b]
[b]Personality:[/b]
[b]Background:[/b]

Keep in mind that, as per the rules, you can NOT do anything sexual regarding a character that appears underage, even if your real life character is older. Figured I would put this to save my butt since I thought of that while making the character sheet.

Polymorph

Sounds very interesting. I had some vague thoughts of a RP along similar lines myself. What sort of genre were you thinking of as a setting?

Yorubi

Well I figure in terms of the setting it would probably go more along the lines of fantasy. Likely involving swords and magic and the likes. Which setting were you meaning?

If you mean the real world, I figure it would be pretty much present day, maybe 10-20 years in the future possibly to have technology developed out that games might be played in virtual reality. I see this probably being kept close to how the world is today, just to make it simple since its not suppose to be the major spot which the roleplay will take place.

In terms of the game world, I think something along the lines of sword and magic. It fits in easily with the theme with a traditional MMO setting and would be good to make it different from the real world. It could involve some odd technology like steampunk or magic powered creations as well for the aspect of intrigue. I'm not quite sure exactly of the setting of the game itself right now. It can go many ways really, though I figure that the world itself would be more vast and open to the point that people might not explore all of the world. It could leave a sense of mystery behind things and really allow for the idea of people getting 'trapped' within the game possible without it being on such a large scale that it can't be hidden away by the company. Not to mention, a fantasy setting can be a rather creepy place to see things like static or disruptions in the game that don't seem to fit at all. :)

Its all still a rather loose idea right now, so feel free if you have anything in mind that you like to suggest or bring it up.

TheHangedOne

I'm rather interested in the concept, and wouldn't mind tossing out some ideas and seeing what you think of them. Just might take me a wee bit; my thoughts are like drip coffee, I need to percolate a bit.  :-)

Ideas:
Make it a rules light system, as in, players in the game will be limited to what they can do based on character class, a common feature in video games and especially MMO's? I'll even fluff up some classes/races for you.

I could (try) to make a map (for the MMO world),
A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

DigitLninja

I am interested in this, but I don't think you should have the story so close to that of .hack// perhaps we change things up, say all players become trapped in the game due to a virus of some kind.
Quotes to Live by:
"The world ends with you. If you want to enjoy life, expand your world. You gotta push your horizons out as far as they'll go" Sanae Hanekoma,The World Ends With You. for Nintendo DS

"A post should be like a mini skirt. Long enough to cover the important parts, but short enough to keep interest." -Someone

oh's and oh's / Double A's Update 1/10 / Short Story:Memoirs of Renamon/ Hey [you], you should check out my 1 on 1's

NINJA VANISH! *disappears in a puff of smoke*

Yorubi

Well it won't be based so closely on .hack// its simply the closest thing I could think of for inspiration. I can't say I'm really the biggest expert of the .hack// series anyways. I've only seen parts of the anime and seen parts of the game myself. I just know the basic backdrop to it and find it really interesting. The idea of a player being stuck in a coma and trapped in a world is interesting, specially with the idea that if they die in game they can die in RL. Still, I did want the potential for players to interact a bit in RL as well and to make it a bit more dynamic. Some characters might be stuck in game while others could simply be trying to save their friends who might of gotten 'lost' somehow.

In terms of a light rules system, it probably would have something like that. I would say a basic class system would be key in limiting people to do only certain things. In terms of a map, you could if you want, though you don't have to. I really want to make the world large as it is. Still I do see ways to make 'secret areas' not suppose to be accessed, kind of like glitches where they might be able to discover more about the happenings.

Plot wise, I think that the main events causing strange happenings and making people become 'trapped' would be a virus of sorts that is weaved in deep with the system. Perhaps going along the idea that the game world was actually redesigned at some point, leaving traces of the old world around which the 'virus' can thrive. It would make more sense why some unaccessable areas might actually be graphically created to exist. Who created the virus (if anyone) and why things might be that way, I'll leave for the story. :) Granted this idea isn't placed in stone, it is some general idea of what I think I'll lean on.

WyzardWhately

I'm pretty interested in this.  I'm not overly familiar with .hack//, but the idea of a fantasy world that turns out to be more than just a fantasy is deeply intriguing to me.
Look!  I have an ons and offs list now!  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=13580.0
It's still really sketchy, though.
Here are my dice rolls: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/player/WyzardWhately/

DigitLninja

... I'm sorry but I have to ask you Whately... are you in space?
Quotes to Live by:
"The world ends with you. If you want to enjoy life, expand your world. You gotta push your horizons out as far as they'll go" Sanae Hanekoma,The World Ends With You. for Nintendo DS

"A post should be like a mini skirt. Long enough to cover the important parts, but short enough to keep interest." -Someone

oh's and oh's / Double A's Update 1/10 / Short Story:Memoirs of Renamon/ Hey [you], you should check out my 1 on 1's

Yorubi

Don't worry Whately, I'm not to familiar to it as well.  I only really used that as something to compare the RP with and to help inspire the story. ^^ Its kind of a surreal setting which is why I enjoy it so much myself. Taking the concept of playing a fantasy game in a world like ours and having bugs and glitches involved that you associate with something modern really gives such an abstract feeling towards the world. Add in the fact that danger actually lurks in the world that should otherwise be perfectly safe, it creates a sense of 'horror' in a way while provoking wonder.

Anyways, right now I think the biggest issue I have with coming up with something, would be just how they could combat this 'virus' of sorts. While I am leaning at them actually fighting, I'm not sure if it would involve maybe a hacker item or some strange tool that normal player shouldn't get to actually dispose of it completely. Then again, it could be their only option is to fight the corrupted data creatures to 'kill' them temporarily and try to progress to try and solve what is causing the trouble. So many possibilities to play with. :) Add in the fact they might be doing things they aren't suppose to, it could cause them some trouble with the Game Masters and further make things much more complicated, specially if any of them are actually in a coma themselves playing. :)

TheHangedOne

I'd personally like to play someone whose trapped in the game.  :-) And it seems like their could be a lot of options to combat the virus monsters.  Hacker/hacked items that can utterly eradicate the data, sure...but if their's corrupted monsters and stuff, they could be killed conventionally, following the in game TOS and such... it's just that it's a temporary solution. It's a band aid, when, in keeping with the metaphor, stitches are needed.

...Hey, what happens if the virus starts infecting the players? Maybe that's what causes the coma? Or might cause psychotic fits or the like as the brain is seriously screwed up (Our brains,afterall, are frequently likened to computers).
Check out my poet tree!

Saerrael

Aaah.. why am I full on games? I'd love to join this.
I played .hack (ages ago, the first two) and watched the anime from that time.
I also play WoW now, so I can relate to MMO players quite well (if I do say so myself).
The whole idea is really interesting to me *growls!*

Yorubi

Pretty much! Only the more powerful creatures might 'respawn' rather then being finished off instantly. Those will be rather rare though and quite 'special' :).

In terms of playing a player trapped in the game, thats perfectly fine, you might not even realized that you are as well if you like that. :)

Hmm well corruption of a player data will happen to some degree, though I wasn't really thinking of it in terms of being very significant. Not sure if it should effect the user or not. It could be interesting to have corruption effecting the mind. It depends really if people like the idea of characters being 'corrupted' and if they might enjoy that corruption carrying through to their mind in RL after so much. It could be interesting really to have in place though I'm not sure if it would complicate things too much.

Saerra Haha sorry :) Well if you get space open at any time, feel free to join in. :)

Saerrael

>.>
<.<

I'm going to think on a character...
If you get your head around classes, please post them well visible. I'm looking for a healing or caster class myself.

You're evil, Yorubi, but I wuv you for this idea <3

Yorubi

Haha alright thanks. Classes I'm still not sure on but I'll have a healing or caster class for sure. I don't think I will make the classes to complex, maybe I'll do basic classes then like a 'subclass' thing to make it so people can make them a little more personalized.

Oh and I'm pure good. XD

DigitLninja

Quotes to Live by:

Saerrael

Oh and.. if you do set it into the future;

Something to think about? Seems 'easy' to infect a gamer IRL.

Yorubi

Hmm eh I honestly think I'm keeping it more towards modern. You don't need to be physically hooked up to manipulate and damage the mind after all. People do it to each other all the time. If you get your mind to think your dead, just that would happen. :)

Saerrael

Current time works better for me anyway. Thought I'd just offer what I found in a search.

Yorubi

Well to bad what you found in search is so stupid! Hehe j/k.

Well mentioning the classes before, would everyone like very basic classes with the option to mix and match 2 together (Making both weaker but giving you the benefit of both classes together) or rather I try making a single class system that might have things like paladins and what not? Its not really something that should be a big deal in the roleplay if its free form, just acting as a basic restriction to what your character can do, but if people feel like having 2 classes mixed is to 'overpowered'  or anything I can just create more classes and scrap the idea of dual classes :)

Saerrael

I'm for basic classes and against dual classes, myself.

(Bookmarked)

Yorubi

Alright. :) Well the biggest problem with regular basic classes is that it forces everyone to play some basic character and prevents some creativity. I guess though, if you consider how games work today, there usually is enough variety in each basic class to make them more complex and unique, depending how a person builds them.

TheHangedOne

I'm for the idea of single, basic classes.. but would like to suggest their being advanced classes being something that players can work towards. For isntance, a Cleric (basic healer) could eventually become a Paladin (and gain martial prowess), or become a Bishop (and gain even more healing spells + the ability to smite pure evil creatures). 

As mentioned earlier, I'd like to help out with class design, if you need it.  :-)
Check out my poet tree!

Yorubi

Sure, feel free to give input right here about what you like. I'm working on a basic idea now using the idea of a Basic class and having 'specializations', which could either work as a job advancement of some kind or simply a focus of their character's build. It should leave it open to adjust and still get somethings in. Just give anything you think would be good and I'll try putting up a rough class list.

Really, having class progression in a way makes me feel almost like I should put in some experience system or something. It really makes things a little tricky to figure out how to balance it out in a way people will like. It is based on a game though I don't want to make some full fleshed system for it either. I guess its just another thing really I'd like input on how we should do it. I don't want people thinking they can just 'instant level' for no reason and take their level being some form of god like strength compared to everyone else either. >.<

Saerrael

Well, in MMO's even maxed levels aren't gods. They're just not able to gain levels any longer and must deal with the imbalance that came with their chosen class.
For one, if you look at my healing class choice, I'd have no problem with being 'squishy' and not able to whack something to death with a sword/ mace/ axe. I might have a bit of magic to smite, but not much, but am very good at healing my teammates.
This is how I view classes at maxed level, personally.

Yorubi

Yeah, I just want to emphasize the group working together and not have it so one member practically tries to show off to the others.

I put a very rough idea of basic classes down. I did mention the weapons and armor choice, though I can see sub classes having more or less armor depending on their role (for an example a Knight using a shield might use heavy armor, while a beserker 2 handed fighter might use light or medium armor so they can more easily swing their weapon). I have a feeling Cleric will be a bit off the odd ball in terms of their combat style since they tend to either focus magic and support, go physical with divine support, or simply focus upon aiding others.

TheHangedOne

Hmm. How about keep everyone starting off at a basic class level, and then, as the game reaches its conclusion (like 3/4th's of the way through), you basically hand wave it, and say each character has gotten enough experience/money/fame/done enough quests to get to the advanced class they want?
Check out my poet tree!

Saerrael

I love support classes <3 Clerk is it for me, than.

What THM says would work, but wouldn't that create quite the bit of surprise and confusion?
Also, it would be nice to have ( a few ) veteran players, too.

TheHangedOne

Check out my poet tree!

Yorubi

Hmm I possibly could. Could really just have it starting off (unless someone wanted to just go off basic) as an advanced class from the main one. If you like the idea of promotion, Its always possible to just have that one class advance up another rank or something. Hand waving is a little silly sounding. XD

Yeah, I could always make it so I make specific level areas for people to start in. Heck, if its a virus, I could be evil an revert high level characters back to level one if I wanted... muhahahaha! (Its Saerra's fault for calling me evil, it makes me think evil things). Really, in the end they probably would all end up finding themselves to be about equal if they grouped up together a lot. The lower levels would catch up more with the higher levels and it would lead them to being a strong team.

I mean heck, I could even make people roll some dice and get randomly tossed in at some level. :) Really though I don't want to make the whole levels and all the biggest focus of this game. Its nice background but I just want to make sure it doesn't over-power the story.

Saerrael

Hm, I'm not against leveling. Mind, setting the feel of the game is half the fun and leveling wouldn't be a bad thing to use that for.
But I'd advice against focussing too much on the gamemechanics to not loose focus on the roleplay.

Yorubi

Yeah I'm really trying not to do so. Right now I'm just trying to come up with a few classes which can be expanded or fixed on. Should give people enough of an idea of what they might want to do and give some restrictions. Personally I am quite lazy and don't feel like bothering with experience and all that nonsense and having to come up with all that and yada-yada anyways. It seems the focus here will be more free form then anything. If I do involve leveling, I probably would make it rather simple such as "You completed a quest, you gained a level" or something silly like that. Might not be all that instantaneous with higher levels, but I can't see making it that complex to have to tally in exp from monsters killed or what not. I can see completing general objectives would work for leveling up and not over-complicate the game to much.

Saerrael

Anyway. Bedtime for me. I'll come check in tomorrow to see how this has rolled.
By the way.. basic set up for a character sheet would be handy, too. But no rush, honestly, I'm using a template I made myself for the time being and will alter accordingly, later.

Yorubi

Yeah I'll get it up soon. I wasn't expecting so much response for this idea, so I really wasn't prepared for it to take off with so many so quickly haha. I finished a basic class run down for now. Its not permanent or anything but its something to look at and critique. Might add 1 more to each basic type though I'll probably bother with that after I figure out what the character sheet would look like.

Saerrael

Quote+Priest: A caster type focusing on divine magic. Priests are able to heal and support allies from a distance. Their magic allows them to repel away evil and do some damage to enemies. They are particularly strong against unholy creatures. Priests can only wear cloth armor.

I love you <3 *grins*

Heheheh.. Yeah.. the idea is really lovely, Yorubi.

Anyway! See you tomorrow.

Cold Heritage

Maybe I missed it in all the ideas that're bouncing around, but I think that if everyone who was dying in game went into a coma things'd get turned off pretty darned quick. Player death seems fairly common, whether from monster defeat or going off a ledge that looked like it had contiguous ground but doesn't so you fall off and die.

Also, is the idea that everyone's gonna be playing newbs?
Thank you, fellow Elliquiyan, and have a wonderful day.

Yorubi

Not everything does it, certain creatures that were corrupted by the virus are what causes the coma to happen. Most of this happening is in small doses. A lot of the virus is actually hidden away pretty good in spots that players aren't suppose to be in. Its a rather rare occurrence right now, though there will be issues of that likely happening further down in the RP.

TheHangedOne

Yeah, the way I saw it, their might only be a handful of players in a coma...from a game that likely has more than a million players. So it'd mostly be relegated to rumors. That's the impression I got, at least...and I would like to see it all worsen as time goes on.  :-)
Check out my poet tree!

Yorubi

Pretty much, and its something completely different. Cases of people falling into a coma due to some device or game hasn't happened, so really it wouldn't be likely it was pinned to that. It would be a rumor of course if it started happening more often, but chances are they would not actually link the two together. Its a really bizzaare thing that would take a little more time to pin point and argue over, even if it became more known. :)

I'll probably work on the actual game setting a bit today and the story. Probably going to lean towards a 'magic focused' world since its pretty easy to create visually impressive things and make interesting settings with that in use. Story wise I'll pretty much just take what we talked about here/in my first post and make it a bit more clean. Once that it all done, all I will need to do is figure out what I want to do regarding levels and all that 'gamish' parts so its around but not over-powering, then it should be about ready to start. :)

Cold Heritage

Ok. Sorry, I misunderstood about the in-game death = coma element.

Saerrael

I'm making my character sheet and would like to know if it would be acceptable to make an elven priest (asking both about the race and the class).

Nadir

*pretends not to be stalking Saerra*

Oooh, assassin!

*perks*

Saerrael

Nadir

Ohai Saerra, totally didn't see you there

::)

*nibbles*

On topic, how.... advanced is the system looking to be? I'm more or less a system virgin >_>

Saerrael

I think it's more about what you can/ can not do with your in-game character, Eden. I don't think we'll be rolling dices.

Yorubi, I'm just going to post my very meager profile for evaluation.

Character Name: DAîKî
Class: Priest.
Cleric: A support melee or caster class. They often wear medium armor and can use a few different types of weapons. They use divine magic as their means for strength or aiding others.
+Priest: A caster type focusing on divine magic. Priests are able to heal and support allies from a distance. Their magic allows them to repel away evil and do some damage to enemies. They are particularly strong against unholy creatures. Priests can only wear cloth armor.
Appearance:
Relatively short and quite thin.
Light blue eyes, short, white hair, fair skin.
Wears lightly coloured clothes.
Character Background:
DAîKî has always been a healing character, Richard had rolled him with that idea in mind. Though, after a few of his friends stopped playing or started to hang around with others, DAîKî has been neglected a bit. Thought Richard enjoys playing him, he's really a support character and can't be used easily to do things alone.
Recently, Richard has been but farming materials to sell and make items from, which he loathes, but there isn't much else for him to to without a nice group of friends.

Appearance:
Dark brow eyes, black hair. Medium build. Doesn't stand out (mostly due to being shy)
Wears casual clothing like jeans, t-shirt and the likes.
Personality: Shy and kindhearted but also intelligent and quite proud of preforming well both ingame as outside of it.
Though shy, he's very much a people person and, if he can get over his shyness, makes friends easily.
In-game he's much less shy and hooks up easily, too.
Background: Born into a family that was originally Japanese, Richard holds some interest in Asian culture, but not all that much. Much to the disappointment of his parents.
He's been a gamer for about 15 years now and prefers RPGs, MMOs and RTS.
Richard lives and studies in the Netherlands (HKU Utrecht)

DartimusRae

i am in. let me know when you get things going, i will draft a character for ya.

Ala Rai Sen

This looks interesting. Would there be a chance of a martial artist type class?

DartimusRae

i would think a monk-class would be almost a staple in any system. i play D&D 3.5 tabletop, and i LARP Amtgard. there's monks in both games. *shrugs*

SinXAzgard21

So.... I'd like to join in on this game, if you don't mind.
If you know me personally, you know how to contact me.

Yorubi

Ah sorry been a little busy tonight. In terms of races, I didn't think much regarding that. I suppose having like Humans/elves and what not works out well. Feel free to make other races if you like, though I think we will stick to the usual ones.

I completely forgot about monk haha. Well I think I'll be adding 1 more class to each 'basic type' since I did see them having one more.

Anyways I'll check out the profile and get back to you all soon with you in a little bit. ^^

Edit: System wise, there won't be dice involved. It would probably just complicate an idea that is already a little more complex as it is. :)

Saerrael

*grins* Take your time. I think we're a bit enthusiastic, here xD

Yorubi

Rawr, added up 1 more class for each basic type. Hopefully that fits everyone's tastes. They should be general enough to fit everyones style, though specific enough to keep people from pulling out a bunch of stuff from their arses to use to much. ^^;;

Anyways the profile looks good, though the picture for your character wasn't working when I checked.

Saerrael

Yorubi

Ingame character. ^^;;

Anyways... I totally need to think up a cool name for the game still haha. XD

Saerrael

Thanks for informing me, I'll host it on photobucket instead ;)

Done. it hope you can see it now.

DartimusRae

it will be interesting to see how combat will work in this system.  i'm looking forward to it

Yorubi

Well combat pretty much will be more free form. Given it is virtual reality, a user will have more control over things. Still the classes will be placing restrictions on what they can do. The biggest thing of complexity will likely be fighting virus creatures, mostly the ones with greater AI. Let's just say, they don't exactly work by the parameters of the world so much. The biggest thing I'll need to fit in is the leveling to make it exist and help to determine a persons effectiveness, and how to improve it. I could do a hand wave with that part, though I almost think I should make it a little more organized. Maybe a small experience system based off completing certain big tasks. ^^;;

Speaking of which... I probably should add more on character such as their weapon choice and all that. ^^;;

Edit: Added races. Not much really just the two mentioned (with half-elf mixed in for the sake that it probably will be asked for and would be realistic to assume) but I figure it would be good to include for now.

TheHangedOne

Character Name: BMganpp
Class: Beast Master
Weapon:   Bow and Arrow (current equip is a Long Bow named Killer Shot. )
Animal Companion: Belda, a Gryphon.
Character Background: Ganpp's in game bio rather elaborately paints him as a loner that understands beasts better than people; has a real "raised by wolves" kind of vibe to it.

Personality: Eccentric as hell. Bit of a loner.
Background: Aaron is often jokingly known as Holden because of his last name. Aside from this little tidbit, not too many people know just what he's up to. In an age of rampant blogging, tweeting, and such things, he appears to be almost a hermit.

In all honesty, he prefers it that way, too. Aaron is not a social person; he never has been, and probably never will be. He generally prefers to keep to himself and play single player games, but he won a contest that earned him a year of free play for this game, and decided not to waste it... and despite himself, he's actually liking it.

When not playing games, or listening to his huge library of music, or watching porn, he finds himself happily working in the one place besides his home he feels comfortable: a rather fancy, up scale, Italian restaurant, as a chef.

Hope this is good. :)
Check out my poet tree!

Yorubi

Works for me. ^^

Just trying to get a general map figured out and make maybe a base town of sorts to gather and from there its all about posting it up. :)

Cold Heritage

Should we all use video game pics for our in-game characters, or is anything fantasy good enough?

Yorubi

Anything fantasy is good honestly. You don't need to use real life images if you don't want either for RL pictures of your character. ^^ Really though, if you can't find a picture at all, you can even use text. Just give details whether its something visual or written out text.

DartimusRae

now the decision... do i play a barbarian, which i usually do for tabletops and LARP, or do i go the assassin route and pull in my classic Assassin character (based off Voltair and Enzio)

DartimusRae

an idea for races. it is not uncommon for halflings, gnomes, dwarves, and anthropromorphic creatures to exist in such settings. it would definitely make for an interesting, and more customizable game if wolfmen or catfolk were pulled in, as well as the little folk that make up much of the comic relief in these settings.

Yorubi

Yeah I was thinking of halfling but wasn't sure. Hmm might be my dislike from anthro though that doesn't want that in. Bleh my dislike for them! >.< Anyways I just lifted the races as a guideline, if you want something and ask for it, given it sounds like it could fit, I probably would add it. ^^;; Really i figure character customization could vary enough to make people look unique enough and have their own style of character. Its all possible to make a short human and what not. Wanted to keep the world's background relatively simple and keep the focus on the whole 'virus' deal and that kind of development.

DartimusRae

i have an anthro concept that would work rather well, if it would make it past your dislike for anthros. a fox, adept at lock-picking, trap building and disabling, and a penchant for assassinations. being a foxperson, he would be a little shorter than the average human, and this could play very well to humorous and detrimental situations that would certainly encourage role-play outside of combat. i like to be a bit of the class clown, though my characters can have a dark, serious side that only comes out in the right circumstances. just and idea, and if you like it, i will run with that.

Yorubi

If you really want to play it, feel free to. ^^;; I don't like to say no to what someone might enjoy to do.

Anyways I'm trying to get this thing I found to work to hopefully make a nice map of the game world as a 'basis' ^^;;

DartimusRae

*rubs his hands together* excellent. cut purses and missing rings, here i go!

DartimusRae

question pertaining weapons. i've decided upon assassin. would it be too unreasonable for my character to carry: a rapier on his hip, a main gouche for his off hand, twin stilettos (or twin hidden blades), say roughly ten/fifteen throwing daggers hidden on his person, a garrote wire, and small buckler for his weaponry selection? feel free to yae/nae any of these items.

Yorubi

Yeah, its a bit over the top. You really should only have 1 weapon to use. Cosmetically your character can 'appear' to have those details but it could not actually use that. I might add that assassins can use simple throwing weapons though since you mentioned it as a backup. ^^;; I wanted to limit the weapons and give it really as some option for knights who stand in the middle of both offense and defense and keep it a little less ridiculous.

DartimusRae

right, so the throwing weapons are good, now to decided as to the weaponry... since they'd be so small compared to what others will probably be wielding, could a twin set of stilettos be appropriate, should i choose that route over a traditional blade?

Yorubi

Rogue I would say would ideally use smaller weapons, so maybe short swords or twin stilettos would work.

Anyways I'm off for now. A bit groggy and tired so I think I'm going to sleep. I found a good map maker so I'll try to create a layout for the world and maybe the main city just as a reference and to look pretty. If all goes well and I get enough time, I should hopefully have the Roleplay ready to play tomorrow, given I can at least finish up the main town.  :)

DartimusRae

hmm... that opens me up a little more as to what i can do... do i take twin short swords for a little more range, but potentially risk getting them caught up on something, or do i go the "Leesil" route and carry stilettos against my forearms... choices, choices.... <.<

Yorubi

Anyways I ended up getting other plans for tonight so I probably won't get to start it up till tomorrow. Still going to try getting it set up as much as possible today.

Nadir

Oh, two assassins seems excessive for a small group. Hmmm. *eyes the other classes*

DartimusRae

if the two assassins were geared for the same things, perhaps. however, two assassins with different skill sets... now that's a deadly combo in a game ^.^

My guy is a trap tinker and treasure seeker. assassinations are a rare task for him.

Ala Rai Sen

Character Name: Sabina
Class: Monk
Appearance:
Pretty much as the image, just without the tiger hooks.
Character Background: Sabina's background is sparsely filled, just a few lines on how she will be the greatest martial artist ever and that no one can stop her.

Appearance: Chun Hei is short, barely topping 5 feet tall, and has a thin willowy build. She tends to wear loose, modest clothes that are easy enough to move about in, but completely hides her figure. She grows her hair long, and allows her hair to partially cover her bespectacled eyes.
Personality: Chun Hei is very shy, and has difficulty talking with people she doesn't know. Which makes her job as a cashier in a convenience store that much more difficult. When she gets online though, she does a complete 180, becoming assertive and even a little sarcastic.
Background: Chun Hei grew up in Portland, Oregon. Throughout all of school (elementary, middle and high) she had been something of a wallflower, making few friends and in general was barely noticed. It was in her senior year of high school that her friends decided to help her with her shyness problem and coerced her into getting a job where she would have to interact with people on a daily basis. For the first few weeks, she was on the verge of being fired, but after some time she got better, provided she was on her side of the counter and the customer was on theirs. She was still shy and quiet, but she was more responsive than what she was before.

This seemed to coincide with her starting to play a new (for her) MMO. Her friends thought it harmless, but have noticed that she is spending more and more time on the game, seemingly venturing out only for school and work. This trend continued even after graduating, and lately, the only times Chun Hei is seen outside, is when she is going to or coming from work.

DigitLninja

Character Name: DigitLtamer

Class: Beast Master

Weapon: Hand Claws

Appearance:

Character Background:
Age    21
Weight    79 kg
Height    184 cm
Summons    Birds

Appearance:

Personality: Considered to be very polite and nice to most people, he tries to stay off the in game chat as he tends to put his foot in his mouth.

Background: Known in his high school as the 'AV Club' since they don't have one, Josh quickly rose to glory by being on call during class to fix any technical problems the teachers may be having and set up various computer connections, or video players so the video presentations can happen as scheduled. Most teachers would have a problem with him leaving the class to do this but he has excelled as a student and has only received one C grade so far in a Home Ec class due to his inability to cook.
Quotes to Live by:

Saerrael

TheHangedOne

So, I was just staring at the classes and my character sheet, and thought of something: As a Beastmaster class in the game, I figured it would make sense for my character sheet to have a little addendum... what his 'pet' is. Modified my posted profile to reflect that... is that groovy, Yorubi?
Check out my poet tree!

DigitLninja

I'm glad you like the claws... the only other weapon I could think of for him was a whip, so I went with bladed claws.
Quotes to Live by:

Saerrael

Quote from: Eden on May 17, 2011, 12:16:19 PM
Oh, two assassins seems excessive for a small group. Hmmm. *eyes the other classes*

Well, we do appear to have two Beastmasters, too *griiins*

DartimusRae

question... perhaps my character could be one of the ones stuck in the game, unable to log out?

SinXAzgard21

I wasn't sure if I am able to play, but was wondering if there where any positions that were still open or if there is a role that needs to be filled?

Nadir

Quote from: Saerra on May 17, 2011, 06:31:24 PM
Well, we do appear to have two Beastmasters, too *griiins*

Heh. True. I just didn'r want to crimp anyone's style. I might go for a Beserker. *ponders a little more*

Saerrael

Quote from: SinXAzgard21 on May 17, 2011, 08:06:39 PM
I wasn't sure if I am able to play, but was wondering if there where any positions that were still open or if there is a role that needs to be filled?

I'm not sure, but I think we don't really have a structure as of yet, Sin.

DartimusRae

have at it Sin, we'd love to have you, i'm sure.

Eden, if you wish to play assassin as well, it would not bother me. hell, i see some funny potential there

Nadir

If you don't mind my character using yours as a dart board... *grins*

Saerrael

SinXAzgard21

I was thinking either a paladin or a ranger.  But I cannot decide -is torn between the two-

Nadir

Quote from: Saerra on May 17, 2011, 08:29:17 PM
xD!!!!

I have to see that happen~

He's budding into something of a jerk in my head *grins*

DartimusRae

hey, as long as my guy can return the favor XD. this is gonna be hilarious. i see so many anime-like comical moments. and Sin, i think you would make an awesome ranger :D

SinXAzgard21

Yeah, I know how to play them, but a heavy armor class sounds great to play as well.. Considering I don't normally play them.

DartimusRae

hmm... this is true. i dun think we have any tanks yet

Nadir

The group is quite rougue heavy as it stands *chuckles*

SinXAzgard21

Saerrael

I think we so far have two Beastmasters, a a priest, a monk and one, maybe two rogues?
Forgive me if I'm forgetting anything.
I'd love a Paladin, by the way, but that's up to you, Sin.

SinXAzgard21

I'll play a Paladin.  It will be an odd fit but hey, I'm used to shoving into odd spots

DartimusRae

that's what she said... giggity.

my profile is almost done. the images i will have to add later

SinXAzgard21

I'll get to work... -is thinking of playing through all of the .hack series again-

DartimusRae

preliminary profile. i will tweak as needed to be more appropriate with what the GM wants.

Character Name: Micale Levay
Class: Assassin
Weapon: twin stilettos hidden in sheathes along his forearms, and as many throwing daggers he can carry without hindering his movement
Appearance: 5'5", black anthropomorphic fox humanoid. a thick crown of black hair falls down his back to his waist. dressed in baggy pants that gather around the middle of his calf, soft-soled black leather boots covering his feet and meeting the bottom hem of his pantlegs. he wears a black tunic tailored to his lean frame, over which he wears his light studded leather hauberk. the leather has been dyed black, and the studs painted a matte black so he didn't give himself away while being stealthy. it's a task he has to do after most missions. finally, a black hooded cloak conceals his frame, while a cowl covers his foxish muzzle. being slightly shorter than the average human male, he's able to slink around a bit easier, and works hard to conceal his rather memorable features.
Character Background: His parents were thieves and trap-tinkers, and when he was a child, he picked up on the tools of their trade. he learned all he knows from his mother and father. by the age of sixteen, he was already taking apart and rebuilding master level traps, all of them deviced by his parents just for his training.

one night, that all changed. as the trio were on a routine snatch and run from a wealthy man's vault, his parents were captured and killed. with his father's final breath, the elder handed over his stilettos to his son. the young anthro swore vengence against the man who had killed his parent.

for two years he trained heavily in the ways of the assassin, learning how to handle throwing daggers, how to mix poisons, and how to make quick work of an unsuspecting victim. Certainly, he had his tail handed to him quite a few times, but he was a fast learner, but by the time he was eighteen, he had finally gained vengence, and sworn off assassinations from that time. however, there was a stirring in the wind, something calling from the shadows. after months of returning to a regular thief, something was coming. so donning his cloak and cowl once more, he prepared to face whatever it was from the shadows.

Appearance: 6'2", husky build. brown hair, brown eyes that shift to green.
Personality: an animal lover through and through, he prefers the company of animals to humans. he borderlines on being considered a Furry, though he keeps his preferences to himself. he never goes so far as to don a fur suit, but he had on occasion worn a fox tail while he games.
Background: A bit on the anti-social side, he found the game when it came out of beta. given his love of animals, it was no surprise his character came out an anthropomorph. outside of work, he has no real social life, though he does put everything, even the game aside, when an emergency comes up at the clinic. what started as a social experiment for him, turned into an escape from the stresses of running a practice.

Nadir

Quote from: Saerra on May 17, 2011, 08:49:38 PM
I think we so far have two Beastmasters, a a priest, a monk and one, maybe two rogues assassins?
Forgive me if I'm forgetting anything.
I'd love a Paladin, by the way, but that's up to you, Sin.

Fixed it. That makes four rouges, and two clerics. And one fighter, counting Sin's paladin.

SinXAzgard21

so for character do we have to have like a family background or can it be 'in game' accomplishments and what they are known for?

Saerrael

Quote from: Eden on May 17, 2011, 09:25:05 PM
Fixed it. That makes four rouges, and two clerics. And one fighter, counting Sin's paladin.

Sorry >.<

Quote from: SinXAzgard21 on May 17, 2011, 09:26:55 PM
so for character do we have to have like a family background or can it be 'in game' accomplishments and what they are known for?

The profile (description) didn't say.

DigitLninja

Quote from: SinXAzgard21 on May 17, 2011, 09:26:55 PM

I honestly treated that part as if I was a person writing a bio for his character while busy.
Quotes to Live by:

Laughing Hyena

Quote from: Yorubi on May 15, 2011, 05:52:37 AM
Well I figure in terms of the setting it would probably go more along the lines of fantasy. Likely involving swords and magic and the likes. Which setting were you meaning?

If you mean the real world, I figure it would be pretty much present day, maybe 10-20 years in the future possibly to have technology developed out that games might be played in virtual reality. I see this probably being kept close to how the world is today, just to make it simple since its not suppose to be the major spot which the roleplay will take place.

In terms of the game world, I think something along the lines of sword and magic. It fits in easily with the theme with a traditional MMO setting and would be good to make it different from the real world. It could involve some odd technology like steampunk or magic powered creations as well for the aspect of intrigue. I'm not quite sure exactly of the setting of the game itself right now. It can go many ways really, though I figure that the world itself would be more vast and open to the point that people might not explore all of the world. It could leave a sense of mystery behind things and really allow for the idea of people getting 'trapped' within the game possible without it being on such a large scale that it can't be hidden away by the company. Not to mention, a fantasy setting can be a rather creepy place to see things like static or disruptions in the game that don't seem to fit at all. :)

Its all still a rather loose idea right now, so feel free if you have anything in mind that you like to suggest or bring it up.

OH GOOD GOD YES! Yorubi sign me up for this!

DartimusRae

i apparently have too much time on my hands.... <.<;

Saerrael

SinXAzgard21

So one more question before I decide on what my weapons will be.  How far along are our characters? Are we all to be at 'end game' level or around mid level?

Saerrael

That hadn't been decided yet. At least, I didn't see that being decided yet. I think it was safe to say we can choose to be a different level than the other in-game characters, but I rather hear from our GM, to be honest.

SinXAzgard21

Yeah, I'm gonna hold off with my character till that is decided then.  It is important for my current concept to know. ^^

Saerrael

Well, you could post a preliminary character. Mine is. I will tinker around with it later when more information is known.

DartimusRae

well, as i understand it, consider a 20 level character, i was thinking most people would be between level 1 and 5. but, that's just what i've been reading in it.

Saerrael

Yes, well, each MMO is different in that, DartimusRae.
For one, a level 20 character would only just be starting to tap into its class' potential in WoW.
Hence why I rather wait for the GM for details on this in her game. It's afterall she who decides those kind of details.

DartimusRae

please, no need for formality. call me Dart.

and i was only giving something to compare do. by no means is that a definitive description of what Yorubi has planned for the game.

Saerrael

Of course, Dart. What I meant was more that some people here (like me...) may have certain levelranges ground into they mind as being 'low'.
Subjective description might actually be more wise, here.

Anyway! I'm rambling and taking way too much of this spotlight *shoves it out of the way*

DartimusRae

i understand that one completely, and i agree. subjective is in this case. looking forward to seeing Yorubi's call on that.

SinXAzgard21

Character Name:  Jarrik
Class: Paladin
Weapon: Just ignore the sword.
Appearance: Armor not equipped. He uses the armor and that shield.
Character Background: To be written up sometime soon.

Appearance: Stephan
Personality: Even though his job demands him to interact with people, he is horridly socially awkward.  Though smart and quick thinking, you can tell outright that he really has no clue about how things in the real world really work.
Background:  Stephan's parents were almost never around, he was raised by a computer and a nanny that spoke very 'Broken English'.  Being as his parents are 'loaded' he has never had troubles getting what he wanted, nor had to ask.  During his school years, he was home schooled by various tutors, one of which fueled his second most passion. Photography.  Upon recommendation, his first experience with the outside world other than going to fancy dinners and fund raisers, was a local art school where he majored in photography. 

Yorubi

Yeash you typed a lot haha. I'll skim over to see all the profiles and check if there is anything that needs to be fixed or anything.

Anyways in terms of levels, I've honestly not decided on it. I figure that level gap wise, people shouldn't be to crazy apart in spread. I might go with a level 50 cap or maybe level 100, depending how much you want your characters to 'level'. It is a more cosmetic change then anything considering that level wise it would depend on what area your in which would normalize just how strong you are, unless its some super easy area. Profiles you make here I'll have you move over to a profile thread anyways so you can always add the levels in to your class area. mapping out level areas and all would take some time to do so I'm not quite sure how I'll handle it and keep myself from being overwhelmed with content to add. ^^

Anyways feel free to join Hyena!

I'll work a bit more on looking through everything that was posted and trying to solidify the game world. Story wise, I think I'll take part in the RP as more of a 'guiding' figure that can unite the players together. A nice mysterious individual who can help change them from being normal players to those trying to stop and investigate the happenings of the virus. Should work well to drive forward the plot at times while also allowing you a chance to work independantly and play the game for yourself and develop bonds... or rivalries. XD I have a map for the main city in progress with this program thingy my bother gave me. Not really an expert on using it, but I think it should manage for a general look for the world. ^^

@Beastmaster Pet: Feel free to either add it in the background or maybe as a 'weapon' if you like. It felt silly to add a certain area that only one class could use. ^^;;

Saerrael

QuoteStory wise, I think I'll take part in the RP as more of a 'guiding' figure that can unite the players together. A nice mysterious individual who can help change them from being normal players to those trying to stop and investigate the happenings of the virus. Should work well to drive forward the plot at times while also allowing you a chance to work independantly and play the game for yourself and develop bonds... or rivalries.

That's a wonderful idea, Yorubi.

SinXAzgard21

Yorubi, if you need any help.  Please just ask. 

As for leveling... I think most of us would like to start out veteran but not level capped.  At least I would.  It would give us more reason to investigate the happenings of the world, travel wise and dungeon wise. 

Saerrael

Yeah, somewhere mid-lvl would be quite handy for me, personally.

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: Yorubi on May 17, 2011, 10:42:18 PM
Story wise, I think I'll take part in the RP as more of a 'guiding' figure that can unite the players together. A nice mysterious individual who can help change them from being normal players to those trying to stop and investigate the happenings of the virus. Should work well to drive forward the plot at times while also allowing you a chance to work independantly and play the game for yourself and develop bonds... or rivalries.

Hacker status?

Yorubi

Well we can always do some dice rolling for levels if you want to do that and just have some little base value added depending how much experience you want. I figure level cap could be set to 50 to make it simple. Don't need to roll dice but figured it could be a way just for giggles and to make things more 'random' in numbers since it doesn't matter. XD

@Sin: Well.. I guess you could say that in a way. XD She could be the one that is able to get them in those places they normally should not be able to access.

@Profiles: All the profiles I seen look fine. My only gripe is with those claw weapons being labeled. I don't mind them being around or looking special cosmetically, just the who +7 deal and what not I'm not sure of. ^^;;

DartimusRae

interesting. a mid-level would work for Micale as well. that would be reflective of his trap-mastery and fair skill in assassination as something he picked up for the sake of vengeance

Yorubi

Anyways I'm thinking for now of making a starter town. The town would be relatively big, though most of the important thing are in one place, as much else is just scenery. Of course, there will be more behind it, but for now its more 'for looks' then anything from what players can see. I think area wise the teleporter will function well for getting people places. Travel will bring you to general outposts that you can explore out from. You can walk from town and walk your way through the world, though it would be a pain in the ass for me to create everything for it and would require a lot more time for me to start.

I think I'll just create general 'zones' for the RP with a basic description of what they are like to begin. This will save a lot of time and allow me to start the RP. I could always make a map or what not to show the areas in more detail after all later. :)

SinXAzgard21

Yorubi

Woot! Meh the map i was making I think will be just a small outpost if anything. Nyah taking to long making it a full blown city. >.<

SinXAzgard21

TheHangedOne

I could throw together something for you, if you'd like,  Yorubi.  :-) And I've been quiet thus far, I know, but I just want to say, I really like the way things are going. Will probably put BMganpp in the low to mid twenties level wise.
Check out my poet tree!

Yorubi

Yes, lets go mid level. 2d6 +20 if you want to be nerdy and roll it, otherwise just go for 18-32 range if you want to pick a level out. I'll go with 50 level cap. :)

http://imageshack.us/m/220/5716/city1dj.jpg Thats all i could come up with, granted I rushed it at the end to finish rather then make it bigger. Was so tedious and just wasn't coming out fully the way I liked. ^^;; The darn background didn't want to change to green/grass look no matter what I tried. >.< Oh well meh maybe it will be worth something to use at some point. ^^;;

Feel free if you want to help to do so. I'm just doing what I can with my limited skills.

TheHangedOne

Looks a lot nicer than what I threw together right-quick-like.  :-) http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c195/TheOneTheOnlyTheShane/MapVR1.png if you'd like to use it for anything, feel free to, Yorubi. It's like the give a penny, take a penny at a convenience store.
Check out my poet tree!

Yorubi

Well I did cheat using symbols haha. Hmm not sure really. I'll figure it out tomorrow for sure. I'll make the threads then. :) I would need to add a map key to mine though if I use it, but thats not to huge of a deal. Photoshop (aka the photoshop google chrome application thingy) seems like it can get the job done for that easy. :)

Zone wise I'll start a bit simple and keep it to maybe 1 zone per 10 levels. A little 'lame' I guess if it was a real game, but it would keep from spamming so many threads for the Roleplay. Each zone would have one primary 'environment' though it would have variety in how it is laid out to keep it from being that. For example, a snow area might have parts that are actually grass and melted away while there would be higher elevated fields with snow and the mountains with caves.

DartimusRae

WOOT!!! i'm looking forward to this! huzzah for being a chronicle character! though if it hasn't been thought up, might i suggest an out of world thread, and an in game thread, so the players can interact with the real world and do whatever when they're not jacked into the game?

Yorubi

I already am. I'm making several threads for in game and keeping 1 for out of game. I figure the real life thread likely won't be explored as much as the in game threads, so one of those should work fine. ^^

DartimusRae

man, you are all over it girl! awesome. i'm looking forward to playing with you, even though you hate anthros :P

Yorubi

Hehe ^^;; Well I still got to create my own character, but I'll probably do that after I make the threads. I'm going to make an 'index' thread to keep all the links together and reference it in each thread so it should make it easier to find threads.

In terms of rating, I guess I'd do best to fit it in NC: Exotic to be safe. Probably won't go there, but its always better to be safe then sorry. :)

DartimusRae

well, the NC, probably not, but with a furry in the group, you never know what's going to happen. though tentacles, i draw the line at those.... DX

Yorubi

NC it really depends what people like. NC steps it up over bondage too which I know is something that might more likely appear that passes light. I feel like sticking it in bondage is a little bit more "asking for it" personally haha NC really to me just means it could happen but it doesn't need to, and anything below that (aka bondage) is always possible since who knows in terms of character interaction outside the game and what not. I could toss it in extreme but... meh... it scares me how far some of that stuff could be taken. 

Wolfy

Has this started? Because I'd love to join in as a Magi-knight.:D

Yorubi

Nope! Trying to start it up tomorrow. Feel free to join. You can post the profile here for me to okay if you want, I'll make a profile thread to put it in with all the rest tomorrow.

DartimusRae

Nc seems the best place for it, just in case. i know some people like to abuse their own characters *coughlikemyselfcough*. so, nc should be perfect.

Wolfy

Character Name: Hitomi
Class: Magi-Knight
Weapon: Sword. (Possible Dual wield? Hmm)
Appearance:

Character Background:

Appearance:

Personality:
Background:

I'll finish it tomorrow, but here's a rough outline for now. :P

Yorubi

Yeah. Well working on the zones a bit roughly. I'll probably end up trying to give more detail when making the threads such as common enemies and what not, but I figure I'd get some general basis of them down for something to use.

That is fine Wolfy. I prefer a Magi-Knight focusing on single handed weapons. You need that one hand to enchant your weapon after all and to use ranged spells. I can see if you want to dual wield to create a magical weapon or something of that sorts that acts as an 'attachment' to the other by a magic chain to mimic it to a weaker extend at the cost of sacrificing the ability to use ranged magic unless you dispel it.

Whew I'm so sleepy already. I might add in a few more things to have it ready for tomorrow then go to bed.

DartimusRae

heheh... i'm so excited. i can't wait to get this started *bounces*

Yorubi

Glad to see people are. :)

As a side note as I get off now, feel free to come up with names for the actual 'game' that is being played, since I still don't have one. ^^;;

SinXAzgard21

I made a few minor updates.  I'll be putting up the character abilities and what not after we get the main threads going.

Yorubi

Whew woke up from a small nap feeling groggy. Anyways I'll work on creating the threads in a little bit. Just figuring a good name for the game now. :)

DigitLninja

Quotes to Live by:

DartimusRae

naw... needs to be something catchy, that will draw more players. i would never touch a game that had "ville" in it.

Yorubi

Yeah, hmm... something catchy and with some meaning behind it.

Edit: Name wise, I think I'm going to lean on Legacy. Its a simple name that fits the basic idea behind the idea of one of its definitions.

anything handed down from the past, as from an ancestor or predecessor

Fits the aspect of the world developing from the past civilizations and it seems to me like a word that draws attention. Does it sound good to everyone?

DigitLninja

Quotes to Live by:

Yorubi

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=107279.msg4662915#msg4662915

The Table of Contents I made for the RP. I got to go eat for now but there is an OOC thread listed if you want to post there. I'll make up the profile page when I get back (with any changes/additions) and get the Real world and starter town threads up for those wanting to start role playing.

Edit: Profile thread is up. Added a few changes so you might need to add in a new section or two. level wise I put it for 1-32 to start as a basis.

Edit Edit: Put up the main town and real world thread. Should be plenty to get started after you put up your profiles. I'll work on making threads for the various zones soon. ^^

Yorubi

Bleh, i must go for a little bit. I added in the level 1-10 area though I'll need to wait to add in the other areas till I get back in a little bit.

Nadir

Sorry, I totally missed it starting.

*reads up*

*feels out of hir depth*

o_o

Saerrael

Nadir

*snugs*

Um, my experience with MMO games is a flatline zero, so the idea of levels is... peculiar.

Saerrael

I'm an MMO nerd, love. Shoot me a PM about anything.

Nadir

Ironwolf85

sonofa...
I totally lost track of this I want to play.
i am a furry, and the idea that popped into my head was a player being a nice guy in real life, brilliant, and a total pushover. He lives in a rundown rustbelt state in the US, who were on the bad end of the new cyber craze, being forgotten by the rest of the world.
Online however, he is a ruthless expert player who built his perfect avatar from thousands of options, and spends more time inside than outside. Especally since he was crippled in an industrial accident, and the company settled with him to give him just enough money to get by and keep him shut up and jacked in.
He has not truely been inconvienianced by being stuck in a coma, the company was glad to pay for an IV drip and to keep him jacked in, it means less money being shelled out.
He's been living online for a year now, satisfying all his needs in Legasy Online.

He plays because he feels he has failed in real life, he has no reason to go back.

Since I'm a furry and I was hoping to have him be one too
I was thinking of doing a form of canine wich he tweaked the race itself would be a popular one. as proved by Perfect world (a real life MMORPG)
Prudence, justice, temperance, courage, faith, hope, love...
debate any other aspect of my faith these are the heavenly virtues. this flawed mortal is going to try to adhere to them.

Culture: the ability to carve an intricate and beautiful bowl from the skull of a fallen enemy.
Civilization: the ability to put that psycho in prision for killing people.

dready

Yorubi

Ah ambushed by random posts here. Meh sure I can't deny anyone a character type in an online game really. Not much of a furry person (aka not at all) but considering its an online environment, I can't really say no to it since its realistic to expect it.

You mean like a goblin player? Sure if you like to try that out. Not sure how well it will go playing something like that, but like a furry, I'm not going to limit you in what you play. ^^

DartimusRae

FallenFeather

Yorubi

Of course. More are always welcome. ^^;; The more there are, the less reliant people will be on needing me to get some things moving in the RP and have character development. :)

Ironwolf85

Character Name:
Race: Beastman
Class: Knight-Offencive build
Weapon: Runic Great Sword (Gallowglass) with whatever ranged loot is in his backpack for ranged
Appearance: Modled after Anubis completely black and heavily muscled, being a warrior type, he's colored his eyes completely solid gold. He's also had his armor customized to reflect the idea of a heavily armored dessert warrior. With armored skirt, scale boots, armbands, and perfectly sculpted helm with mask. he refuses to wear a chestpeice out of battle, but equips it when in combat. his clothing colorscheme is white with blue lining.
Character Background: A beastman from the dessert tribes of Ali-kemish, trained in combat from an early age to face the reptillian armies from the far south, with the uneasy peace among the factions he has journied north into the greener lands. with intent on making a name for himself and maybe netting a woman or two.
Appearance: a steryotypical nerd, glasses, balding, overweight, even if he's smart, he was never the athletic or beautiful type, though he wears his weight well
Personality: Socially Awakward in the real world, but that no longer matters. in the digital world he's a powerful veteran knowing nearly every strategy and trick, he gets just about every need online and is perfectly fine with that.
Background: ahead of his class in everything but social skills, he grew up, attended collage, and then everything went to shit. the US rustbelt was again devistated by closings and layoffs, breaking it's economy. he was a brilliant mind wiith no outlet, so he threw himself into the games. Eventually finding the perfect MMO, he's been around since the beta testing, and knows everything inside and out. unfortnately he was struck by the same strange glitch, and it trapped him in the game. since then he's been living a live of marvels being able to hack the code and make some minor alterations, even if he usually doesn't, he doesn't play with the code too much, but he can.
he get's everything he needs online, food, sex, adventure, triumph, social stimuli, but he's beginning to ache for somthing more.
Prudence, justice, temperance, courage, faith, hope, love...
debate any other aspect of my faith these are the heavenly virtues. this flawed mortal is going to try to adhere to them.

Culture: the ability to carve an intricate and beautiful bowl from the skull of a fallen enemy.
Civilization: the ability to put that psycho in prision for killing people.