Warhammer 40,000 Chaos, The Gilded Razors. (interest check)

Started by Ironwolf85, March 12, 2015, 07:32:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ironwolf85

I've been out of it for a while, but recently I've been thinking of a Warhammer 40k group RP based off the the heresy and chaos books. Seeing a small band of looters, pirates, and lone chaos marines turning into a powerful force. I wanted the story of their climb to power and all the decadence and crazy shit along the way.

I want to see who is interested in this.
If I get attention I'll post more. But I want to encourage kinky and crazy stuff, even from those not associated with slannesh. The characters's don't start out with a harem of slave girls (or guys) and a massive battle fleet. But stuck in an outpost with a few minor cultists on an ork held world.

I'm open to suggestions and ideas
Prudence, justice, temperance, courage, faith, hope, love...
debate any other aspect of my faith these are the heavenly virtues. this flawed mortal is going to try to adhere to them.

Culture: the ability to carve an intricate and beautiful bowl from the skull of a fallen enemy.
Civilization: the ability to put that psycho in prision for killing people.

Urbanzorro

I'm interested, I've got a character or two who could fit in pretty well.
I'm a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar.

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

Ironwolf85

go on urban! I'd love to hear about them.

the original Gilded Razors was a concept I came up with as a joke, BUT they sorta became a real thing.
Late one night we were all joking about what the sex lives of those chaos folk who are not slanneshi must be.

Eventually out of it came a female (sometimes shemale when for dick jokes appear, and not on actual tabletop) Bezerker of Khorne named Ceno Kard, we made a bunch of angriest sex in the universe jokes.
But eventually she, and the warband she belonged to, became a much more serious and fun project for playing with lore. Basicly the idea of a warband that's more about doing crazy chaos stuff, raiding planets, kidnapping hot imperial governesses, and personal ambition than some grim-dark ultra-serious thing.

For example one slanneshian space marine sargent we thought up had a big problem with forgetting things because his short term memory was full of holes due to massive drug abuse on a superhuman scale. "Acolyte get my sword! where is the artificer?" "you blew him out the airlock last week sir..." "did I, damn...oh wait yeah he wrote that shitty poem I didn't like... shame he was good with weapons... Oh well... let's go kidnap a new one!"
debate any other aspect of my faith these are the heavenly virtues. this flawed mortal is going to try to adhere to them.

Culture: the ability to carve an intricate and beautiful bowl from the skull of a fallen enemy.

Sinestra

Huge 40k fan, so I have to ask. Will this be a System Game (using what I imagine would be the Black Crusade rules) or more freeform or simple?
"I don't mind that most fictional women look like they have F cups at minimum. I do, however, mind that their brains aren't nearly as... 'developed'."

Urbanzorro

Well I've had quite a few ideas for chaos characters both serious and for laughs. Some of the ones I frequently add to/maintain are:

1) A Chaos Lord who's warband is based around a former loyalist chapter that was betrayed by the Inquisition/the victim of bad luck.

2) A former radical inquisitor now deemed a heretic but still pursuing his shadowy plans.

3)An cultist who always seems to be in the right/wrong place at just the right/wrong time to somehow make a large difference(usually without even intending to do so). For instance he steals a crate of gold because he's greedy and wants gold. But that missing gold causes the planet to fall behind on its tithes which causes sanctions, which cause resentment, which causes rebellion, which opens the planet to chaos. Stuff like that

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

Ironwolf85

Quote from: Sinestra on March 12, 2015, 10:22:14 AM
Huge 40k fan, so I have to ask. Will this be a System Game (using what I imagine would be the Black Crusade rules) or more freeform or simple?

Well I'm not too Familiar with dark crusade, I've tried it but it seems very restrictive. Do you have any of them?

Quote from: Urbanzorro on March 12, 2015, 10:38:58 AM
Well I've had quite a few ideas for chaos characters both serious and for laughs. Some of the ones I frequently add to/maintain are:

1) A Chaos Lord who's warband is based around a former loyalist chapter that was betrayed by the Inquisition/the victim of bad luck.

2) A former radical inquisitor now deemed a heretic but still pursuing his shadowy plans.

3)An cultist who always seems to be in the right/wrong place at just the right/wrong time to somehow make a large difference(usually without even intending to do so). For instance he steals a crate of gold because he's greedy and wants gold. But that missing gold causes the planet to fall behind on its tithes which causes sanctions, which cause resentment, which causes rebellion, which opens the planet to chaos. Stuff like that

We are going to start small but build big, I think the radical inquisitor or the cultist would work well because they don't bring an entire chapter at their back those guys are super powerful ^u^

Urbanzorro

Yeah, I just listed him because he and his chapter are the most fleshed out and you were curious. As far as this game goes I'm thinking the lucky cultist fits most with the tone you've described.

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

Ironwolf85

Quote from: Urbanzorro on March 12, 2015, 11:02:19 AM
Yeah, I just listed him because he and his chapter are the most fleshed out and you were curious. As far as this game goes I'm thinking the lucky cultist fits most with the tone you've described.
personally I'm glad you showed up, I know I tried to join a game with you before and it... sorta imploded before character generation was finished

Primarch

Well you can't have a 40k game without the Primarch!

I'd be interested in getting involved, possibly as some Psyker with big plans to be the next Wych King or some such.

Urbanzorro

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

Sinestra

I do have all the Black Crusade books, and I would not call it restrictive in the slightest. Sooo much to customize and do. :) I also have a large library of characters from the game system.

Like my "Scream Queen" Slaaneshi worshiper who specializes in sonic weaponry and singing enemies to death. Lol
"I don't mind that most fictional women look like they have F cups at minimum. I do, however, mind that their brains aren't nearly as... 'developed'."

Ironwolf85

Quote from: Sinestra on March 12, 2015, 12:04:46 PM
I do have all the Black Crusade books, and I would not call it restrictive in the slightest. Sooo much to customize and do. :) I also have a large library of characters from the game system.

Like my "Scream Queen" Slaaneshi worshiper who specializes in sonic weaponry and singing enemies to death. Lol

ooooh do go on!

Sinestra

Quote from: Ironwolf85 on March 12, 2015, 12:31:43 PM
ooooh do go on!

Alright...

I know it's cliche now, but the Fallen Sororitas has always been a 'thing' for me, though I could rarely find an instance, personally, when I'd actually go, "Well yah, I can see her falling." And by Falling I mean willingly falling, not this mind-control type stuff that's been going around in the novels recently. But then I heard about "The Khorn Knights". For those unfamiliar, in the 40k universe there are 2 factions in the Imperium of Man who are seen as beyond reproach when it comes to falling to corruption. One is the Battle Sisters, the Adeptus Sororitas. Women baptized in the ultimate faith in the God Emperor of Mankind who can perform legit-miracles and the chapter of the Adeptus Astartes called The Grey Knights, who are the anti-chaos marines. By their very nature they're immune to chaos, completely. In lore and in the game mechanics Grey Knights can not, ever, be touched by chaos corruption let alone succumb to it. However in one book written by the dreaded Matt Ward, he had a group of Grey Knights come across a source of corruption on a planet, and fearing they would be corrupted by it (for some reason), they went to the local Sororitas chapter, slaughtered them, desecrated their bodies and then adorned their power armor in the blood of the slaughtered sisters to make especially powerful wards before venturing after the source of the corruption. And that's it. They were the main characters of the story, the story progressed and in the end the Imperium was OK with what happened. No repercussions.

My whole thought was, "What if one sister survived who saw it all?" and in my mind that would be more than sufficient for a sister to fall, willingly, to chaos after seeing the Emperor's Angels defile her sisters. So I wrote the little story background and decided in the end the surviving sister would end up picking up a straggler grey knight and disabling his armor's generator, rendering him immobile and torture him, trying to get a confession from him that he was chaos etc. He of course refused for days of intense torture, interrogation taken to excess, but she never stopped. She began to sing and after having watched from the great unknown the Ruinous Powers reached out and filled her lips with a song to chaos, and as she continued her administrations to the Astartes the old covenant was swallowed into the warp by an unknown force. The sister gifted the still-living grey knight to Slaanesh, and in return he made her more powerful than she'd ever been. Being a fallen Sororitas made her a metaphorical rock-star in the Vortex, and she built a warband and an armory based on her celebrity status. She developed a fondness for sonic weaponry after relating her song of chaos that summoned the warp to take her away to a cleansing wave of sound that she wanted to share with all of her sisters, to show them the truth of what happened that day, having kept the recording her armor made of that day.

Originally made for a space-faring game, since she had the most social and command skills, she was elected OOCly to be the owner and captain of a modest ship on which the rest of the PCs would be. We would travel around the vortex and the verse and collect weapons, artifacts, attack outposts, gather followers and unique individuals etc etc. During the course of play it was discovered (aka the GM and I just decided on it after a few exchanges) that my character and the ship's AI were in a relationship of sorts. Physical mostly, but they liked each other... so basically my character was fucking her own space ship. She also had a 'thing' for different random sexual relationships that would come up randomly. Like, a random demon would show up because someone summoned it, and the GM would have the daemon remember my character and we'd just run with it and spontaneously create some crazy story about how they met once and did something Slaaneshi-crazy.

She's had a few versions played in different games. One game I gave her "Cursed Heirloom", a talent in the game that gives you a piece of expensive gear, but it's cursed and you can't get rid of it no matter what you do, and of course there's a downside. Like, once a session you're forced to reroll a skill check pertaining to the item etc. Well I decided, sneakily so, that she had a cursed motorcycle. It could blow up or be left on a planet and suddenly it's there in the cargo hold the next day. I rationalized it that she was once sexually assaulted by the daemon prince Doomrider, taking only a few seconds to happen but those few moments she remembered so fondly and with such high drug and adrenaline fuel that she became convinced that they were now dating... no matter what the daemon prince would say in protest. The bike the 'assault' took place on was cursed and bound to her. It's chaos, try not to think too hard on it. Lol

But yes, she uses heavy sonic weaponry, noise cannons and blasters as well as her old Sororitas gear when necessary. She loves revealing the truth of the Imperium and the Astartes to fellow sisters, and her goal is to convert as many sisters as she can to chaos. While she'd love to break the Imperium as a whole, she's more goal-orientated and not really a 'big picture' kind of woman. She wears her old Sororitas power armor, but it's been embraced by Slaanesh, so it looks like the stereotypical mid-riff exposing battle armor but still protects as well. She's probably one of my strangest characters to date in any game system, but probably one of my favorites. :)

Urbanzorro

Sounds pretty legit to me.

Also, nice to see something interesting come out of Matt Ward's odd fixation with killing battle sisters.

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

Ironwolf85

Quote from: Urbanzorro on March 12, 2015, 01:44:00 PM
Sounds pretty legit to me.

Also, nice to see something interesting come out of Matt Ward's odd fixation with killing battle sisters.

yeah matt was always very... creepy

Ironwolf85

Well here's what I got on Ceno Kard.

Vat-grown for the governor Tallus Kard of  Palius 2. Ceno was expected to preform her role in the decadent court of nobility, get married, have kids, and so forth. to keep up appearances. However the reason Tallus needed a clone in the first place is that the years of decadence in the great masquerade of slannesh had left him completely impotent. She was introduced to the cult at an early age, knowing the horrors within the govenor's palace, and dispite the setting felt another force in the warp calling to her. Her anger and her fury as a young woman unable to lash out at her tormentors.
Yeah it was Khorne...
Eventually her father's cult affiliations were discovered, and the inquisition came for him. As he laid out battle plans for the PDF against the inquisitorial forces, she shoved a blade in his stomach. From there began her spiral into bloodshed and worship of khorne. Taking her father's money and his private ship she dived into the warp to escape the inquisition.
What came out the other side of the warp was a large imposing woman (or shemale/futa depending on who's telling the story) in crimson power armor. A newly minted Khorne berserker with an eye for loot, battle, and plunder.'

I'm good with warhammer lore and stuff, but I need to develop her further, if you guys have Ideas I'd like to hear them.

HairyHeretic

I'm always interested in a game of 40k.

I have an idea for an Inquisitorial senior acolyte, raised in a Blighted Schola (from the Radicals handbook), going deep cover in the Cold Trade (smuggling xenos artifacts) before going rogue on his own. Smuggler and pirate, give or take, with a ship of his own to provide the group with transport.
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

Ironwolf85

Quote from: HairyHeretic on March 13, 2015, 07:25:24 PM
I'm always interested in a game of 40k.

I have an idea for an Inquisitorial senior acolyte, raised in a Blighted Schola (from the Radicals handbook), going deep cover in the Cold Trade (smuggling xenos artifacts) before going rogue on his own. Smuggler and pirate, give or take, with a ship of his own to provide the group with transport.

that makes four people!

I had the idea of it starting in a small ex-imperial or chaos tribal town under siege from orks. The four thrown together by the gods/fates. I'm up for more ideas.

Primarch

Sounds good to me. You got something in mind for a Character Sheet?

Ironwolf85

well we have enough people now, do people wanna go freeform OR use Black crusade?
the makeup of the character sheet will vary depending on what people choose.
I'll post one up monday night

HairyHeretic

I haven't had a lot of luck running Black Crusade. Might be worth trying freeform. We could always use the game books for background reference and finding fun toys to use, psyhic powers to have and stuff like that.
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

Primarch

Urbanzorro

I don't actually have the game books so my vote falls solidly on the free form side of things .

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

Ironwolf85

How is this

Welcome to Skjor 6, a nice little out of the way backwater imperial planet in the Periphery Sub-sector. To call the locals Corrupted by chaos would be erroneous, this world's governer used to bend knee to The Cartel a large smuggling and black market group operating in the nearby Scarus and Calixis sectors. On the very edge of wilderness space. To say the worshipers of chaos were among them would be a given, hidden shrines to nurgle in a waste plant, chaos relics changing hands in black markets, the masquerade of slannesh dancing among the nobility... You are one of these various personages known to the ruinous powers. Sadly life has not been going well for you, the past month the planet has seen an ork WAAAGH fall from the sky. The first thing the greenskins hit was the spaceport and it's lifters along with the planetary defense guns. So here you sit, in a small nearly abandoned factory-fortress with other worshipers of the dark gods, tribals, villagers, and a few remaining PDF forces of this or that noble house.
It's not much, but maybe Where there is death and destruction, there is also opportunity.... if you play your cards right... you and the other worshipers thrown together amidst the green tide can reclaim your places with the dark gods.
First things first, before glory and ascendance, you need to survive the orks and get a ship.

Name:
Alignment: Khorne, nurgle, tzzench, slannesh, undivided,
History: Including what brought you to be on ice world Skjor 6 besiged by orks.
Played by:
appearance: Picture or discription.
Sexuality:
Skills: what can you do?
Starting Wargear: nothing too OP...yet ^-^
Assets: do you have cultists that follow you? some spaceship you lost when the orks overran the space-port? some cute deamon who follows you around or owes ya a favor?

Sinestra

OK, so as someone who has yet, in my entire time on this site, and others, had a positive experience with Freeform games... can someone lay out what their definition of Freeform is, and how far the 'freedom' in our writing is, what we can and can not do, etc etc? Because as it stands, going on 12 years of experience online and many, many attempts later, I'm completely and totally against Freeform RP as a concept. Everyone is different, there's no method to resolve conflict, people get too invested/hurt personally etc, etc etc.