Walking Dead Rp (interest thread) CLOSED FOR NOW whist we sort out the new inter

Started by Baalborn87, February 01, 2013, 02:55:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baalborn87

Here goes. I've been on here for a while and played (and am playing) a few roleplays, and I think its time for me to dip my toe into the pool of running a RP.

so my idea is to play an open freeform group based in the Walking dead Universe (the graphic novels more than the TV show).
I'd like it to have a posting order to stop people from tripping over each other and keep god moding to a minimum.

posting order would be sorted when enough interest is generated but will most likely be first come first posting.

If I feel that something "cinematic" is about to happen or the PC's are approaching something/somewhere that needs a detailed explanation I'll make a special event post....like so.

EVENT

description of event.

So for starters I just need a general interest and if you have a character in mind, a brief description along the lines of:

Name:
Previous career:

Any questions, don't be afraid to ask or PM me.

-EDIT-
Ok, I have been running this game for a few weeks and we're getting into a nice routine and pace. So with the agreement of some of the members of the rp. I have decided to reopen the interest and add some new blood into the game.

xPeachyPuff

Oooh, I love the Walking Dead. However I'm not familiar with the graphic novels; only the TV series and the game done marvelously by Telltale. Would that be a problem at all?

Also, what do you think the minimum paragraphs per post would be? Or do you see it being more as a quick, couple of sentences with fast replies type of game? I prefer to post in paragraphs and will probably post around 5 times a week, if not slightly more or less on occasion. Would that be alright?

Obviously, I am interested in this.

-xSRx

Baalborn87

Paragraphs are perfectly fine preferably a minimum of 1. As for posting frequency, that's partly what the posting order is for. So we all move at roughly the same pace.

As for the TV show. Its not that different from the original Graphic novels, just off on a slightly different tangent.

This site has most of them if you need a look

http://www.scribd.com/collections/2849035/The-Walking-Dead-comic-english?page=1 

xPeachyPuff

That's awesome! Thanks for that. I'll defiantly check them out.

So yeah, as I stated above, I'm very much interested (:

-xSRx

Baalborn87

Chreestafer

“The Doctor: This is bad, I don't like this. [kicks console and yells in pain] Never use force, you just embarrass yourself. Unless you're cross, in which case... always use force!
Amy: Shall I run and get the manual?
The Doctor: I threw it in a supernova.
Amy: You threw the manual in a supernova? Why?
The Doctor: Because I disagreed with it! Now stop talking to me when I'm cross!”
Ons and Offs
F-List

Baalborn87

Yes. Original Characters. I'm not planning on having this take place in Georgia.

let me know if there is anywhere you'd particularly like it set

LittleKitten

Tydorei

Xellotath

Urbanzorro

I'm a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar.

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

PoisonousKitty

Baalborn87

OK 8 people including me seems like a good time start.

OOC thread https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=164670.0

Character thread https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=164668.0

once everyone has put a character up I'll set up a posting order and a IC thread for you to put up your opening post.

Chreestafer

Ill place a character bio up shortly after work :)

as for settings Im from Pittsburgh Pennsylvania zombie capitol of the world so my hats in for here lol
“The Doctor: This is bad, I don't like this. [kicks console and yells in pain] Never use force, you just embarrass yourself. Unless you're cross, in which case... always use force!
The Doctor: Because I disagreed with it! Now stop talking to me when I'm cross!”
Ons and Offs
F-List

Xellotath

+1 for the Doctor! (Especially the 10th! <3)

Chreestafer

Quote from: Xellotath on February 02, 2013, 05:19:32 PM

Lol ty ty he is my favorite yet 11 has grown on me
Ons and Offs
F-List

LittleKitten

Quote from: Xellotath on February 02, 2013, 05:19:32 PM

NO one is better then the 10th. He's so cute and sqeee-able

I does want Doctor Donna back though

Baalborn87

OK sorry for the late look at the posts. I've been at work and am also on UK time (hense the posting order).

Baalborn87

Recruitment reopen. (idealy someone with a medical background)

mayovagn

I'm interested, though I have no clue how to write medical type stuff.

M.
All hail Eris! Kallisti! All Hail Discordia!

Member in good standing but poor sitting and terrible leaning of the Most Secret Order of the Stone Bonker of the Kakapo

xPeachyPuff

Quote from: mayovagn on March 15, 2013, 01:54:31 AM
I'm interested, though I have no clue how to write medical type stuff.

M.

I think we actually have someone who wants to play a paramedic, so you're welcome to play any type of character you want really! (:

Photo

I'm interested. I could have a character up at any time, just let me know if I'm welcome to join. I'd prefer female PC, but I can adjust and play a male if it's needed *maybe*
Apologies and Absences

MIA MIA MIA MIA MIA MIA

mayovagn

I am happy to play male or female as needed.

Will try to catch up on the threads for the game soonest so I can ponder on character and have something turned in pronto.
All hail Eris! Kallisti! All Hail Discordia!

Member in good standing but poor sitting and terrible leaning of the Most Secret Order of the Stone Bonker of the Kakapo

xPeachyPuff

Quote from: Photo on March 15, 2013, 02:15:57 PM
I'm interested. I could have a character up at any time, just let me know if I'm welcome to join. I'd prefer female PC, but I can adjust and play a male if it's needed *maybe*

Photo!

We could use another female character (: Another player wanted to join as a female character as well, though I'm not sure what the player wanting to play the paramedic is going to play gender wise. So I'm sure that will equal out things.

Quote from: mayovagn on March 15, 2013, 02:31:03 PM
I am happy to play male or female as needed.

Will try to catch up on the threads for the game soonest so I can ponder on character and have something turned in pronto.

It's completely up to you what gender you play mayovagn (: I look forward to seeing both your characters!

LittleKitten

Quote from: Photo on March 15, 2013, 02:15:57 PM
HI!!