Interest check: Skyrim

Started by applesauce, August 09, 2011, 05:30:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

applesauce

With the eldar scrolls: skyrim coming to dawn on fans on 11/11/11, would anyone be up for a freeform skyrim rp? :) Instead of one person, we could have a group of dragon-borns who come together in a prison, escaping to discover (somehow) the same plot as skyrim?

Plot
Skyrim is not a direct sequel to Oblivion; rather, it is a new chapter in the Elder Scrolls series, set two hundred years after the events of Oblivion.[14] In the preamble to Skyrim, the Empire began ceding territory to the Elven nations it once ruled, because there was no heir to the Emperor's throne. The Blades had no one to defend, and gradually died, were murdered, or secluded themselves from the rest of the world.[14] After the king of Skyrim was assassinated, a civil war broke out amongst the native Nord race – the majority being those who wished for Skyrim to secede from the Empire, and the rest being those who wished for Skyrim to stay in the Empire.[15]
As with previous Elder Scrolls games, Skyrim begins with the player character as an unknown prisoner, on the way to their own execution.[15] The player eventually learns that Skyrim's civil war is last in a sequence of prophetic events foretold by the Elder Scrolls, which also foretell of the return of Alduin, the Nordic god of destruction. Taking the form of a gigantic dragon, Alduin is prophesied to consume the world with his servants, the Jills (a race of black dragons). The player character is the last Dovahkiin (Dragonborn), a dragon hunter anointed by the gods to help fend off the threat Alduin poses to Skyrim and Tamriel. Aiding the player is Esbern (voiced by Max von Sydow), one of the last Blades.[14]

(Wikipedia)

SargentToughie

*raises hand*

Call me interested I always love making up some kind of excuse for why my lawful good, heavily armored, sword swinger is in prison when the game begins.
If you're reading my RPs from the outside and like my writing, feel free to drop me a line! I'm always looking for new, fun partners. :D
Ons and offs

Aurora Wayland

Count me in! I love the Elder Scrolls Series.

Primarch

Revenent

Well, I was thinking about starting up an Elder Scrolls RP on here at some point, and I actually managed to get out of the opening dungeon in Daggerfall, so clearly I'm interested. And since it's in Skyrim, seems like a good opportunity to bring in a Nord character of mine. :-)

Quick question, though: with Skyrim still a ways off, does that mean you're just going to be coming up with your own original story path after they escape from prison, outside of the main goal of "kill this bad guy"?

elfguy

Loved the Elder Scrolls games, so count me interested.
----

Iridescent Raven

I love the Elder Scrolls games, definitely count me in.  :-)

Snark

Hmm gender ratio is looking a bit skewed already but I'm in if you'll have me.

Aurora Wayland

I have no problems creating female characters. In fact, I prefer it.

SargentToughie

I could make a female character as well, though I think I'd prefer male for this RP. I suppose it all depends on how many characters we are allowed, a rule that I always ensure that I make the most use of by making the maximum possible characters.

There are some people that don't do that though, people who have the whole 'female authors only' thing in their request thread, I see them all the time. He might just be one of them.
If you're reading my RPs from the outside and like my writing, feel free to drop me a line! I'm always looking for new, fun partners. :D
Ons and offs

Revenent

I'll just make whatever's necessary as well, especially if multiple characters are allowed. I'd rather write my characters for the RP's sake than their own.

Iridescent Raven

I prefer playing as a female character, but for what ever reason, if we need more males, I would not mind playing as one.

NicciKotor

Yeah I would prefer playing a female character as well, for obvious reasons.
Turn on and off thread: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=69638.0

Give me toys and anime figures and I'll let you spank me as often as you want!

Discord: NicciKotor#8672

Tumblr page: https://www.tumblr.com/blog/freyathemagicalfoxy

Kate

love to play.

Just give us a character template / tell us where you want to post our characters and we will be away

SargentToughie

Well... Since Applesauce hasn't posted in this thread since it got kicked up, and I really don't want to see this RP die before it even gets off the ground.

How about this, folks, I'll give the GM two days before I jump in the commander's seat myself.
Ons and offs

Kate

Aurora Wayland

Primarch

Iridescent Raven

Kate

well while waiting lets post our character concepts here and at least have a discussion to keep the thread alive and in everyone's awareness.

Healthy threads are not ones with the best inspiration (but it helps) but the ones that move.

SargentToughie

That's an awesome point, actually. So tell me, since it looks like the real GM has gone AWOL, is there anything in particular that you guys want to do with this RP? Any settings you'd like to explore, scenarios you'd like to see played out?

We've got bucket loads of lore to work with here.
Ons and offs

Revenent

Well, what limitations would you be setting as GM for locations? Am I to assume we're sticking mostly to Skyrim for plot purposes, except for maybe visiting nearby places like High Rock and Morrowind on occasion? I could see something happening where the war against the dragons spills over from Skyrim and causes the Bretons and/or Dunmer to retaliate against the Nord for thinking it was their fault, making the problem even worse.

Though I guess I'd rather not plan too much out in advance, since most of my better ideas come to me after the RP starts.

Kate

What I think is entertaining is changes.

The storyteller should be quick to time jump the group to the next interesting spot or place without expecting everyone to role play all things in between

eg...

"Two sleepless days later the group found themselves at X ... unfortuntaely person Y's pony was lost to an accident which saw its legs ruined beyond help - forcing the hobbit (or whatver) to ride double with <whoever> but luckily the gamble for riding during the nights also paid it self off in spades ... the group had arrived at the strange library before the army .... but only just for the moment the troupe saw the strange places doors scouts of the chasing army saw them and had no qualms being loud about it. Horns were bellowed and orders for calvary given and before thankful breaths could be mustard three horseman could be seen riding towards the team with lances leveled."

Pictures also ... new scenes ... the net is full of lovely fantasy landscapes that is digital art or likewise.
picture paintsa thousand words - the storyteller should quick use them.

Battles should be fast and furious and over quickly.

Nothing is more frustrating than action scenes being dragged out in vivid detail to give everyone more options.
In truth fights are  not times you really think ... things just happen. So the storyteller being quick to godmode things and even auto-resolve fights is sensible - role playing afterwards is good

ie "While walking three monstrous birds decented with squaks that could shatter the sleep of saints. It all seemed dreamlike and surreal - but not to the swordmaster who moved with instinctive speed - felling one of the foes with a vicious lance of his sword into the sky instantly - and didnt intend to stop his momentum there... within a bink he was off his horse and had thrown a dagger at anoother which caused the creature to drop to the ground in front of the archer that had already gave the remaining creature a wound that had seen it flee over helping its brethren.... "

THe storyteller knows the strength of the players ... fights should be interesting to read ... one post per character per fight only (if that) the rest god-moded/resolved.

I dont think that people would mind if the storyteller god-modes their own character during fights to bring their characters into life. Its really annoying for say someone who is an archer to write

"I will shoot and this ones head and if that works i will turn to this one and do this but if it doesnt i will try this but if this or that happens while i do this then i will do that but if that cant be done i will do this ... "

OR "

I will shoot at this then wait until the storyteller says it works before saying anything else.

Ie the storyteller should be quick to god-mode all things characters own actions during fights ... as well as skipping time / locations.

"Before the month had ended the ship they travelled on arrived at a port bustling with new energy, sure enough banners of the fairy-festival were everywhere"

This use of time permits politics and other things being relevant - ie befriending nobility etc can be worth the effort.

Revenent

The fight thing is easily enough solved by just letting the posters say when the kill an enemy and not having the storyteller control everything, but yeah, they shouldn't be allowed to drag on too long. I'm not sure about time-skipping EVERYTHING, though, since downtime is good for developing characters, and I'm sure this will be as character-focused as it is plot-focused.

Seaweed

I'd be interested as well if you're taking interest.

Kate

well having the PLAYERS god-mode the environment also has its perks

for example

Person x:

Without giving the lancers a second thought the great <whtaver> opened the large ancient doors of the ruins beckoning all to quickly following him .. stating it would be easier to block the doors from the inside than face them on open ground outside...

Person Y:

Agreeing with <whtaever's plans> the witch nodded and before signalling she will be joining them a moment later - within a wink the form of three giant spiders seemed to resolve from smoke from the ground. Almost before they did their ghastly forms leaped on the horsemen galloping towards their foes and with horrid screams saw their fates sealed ... before turning their attention towards he mob of fanatics that had too much zealousness to stop charging now..  as the spiders wraught havock through the mob the witch retreated back to the others .. to have the doors
closed just before the bulk of the mob slammed into its rocky curves.

"Phew that was close... that spell exhausted me ... I cant help blocking the gates .. i need to rest ... now"

The robed figure murmured before slumping awkwardly where she stood, a state all knew would be one she would assume for hours.

Doing this is sooo much better than getting permission / waiting for the storyteller to approve the outcome of actions... or having the storyteller micro-manage a block of "trys" to resolve into something realistic. Its a fantasy setting let us feel we are powerful.

IF the storyteller had "hmm really wanted this to not work for them" ... they ALWAYS have options ..

Storyteller

"Escaping the army hot on their tails at least for the moment was thawted but their pounding on the doors reminded the team that whatever luck they had was going to be put to the test if they sort to leave through the same gates ... All very well and good if other exists appeared .. but once their eyes adjusted to the gloom what faced them was something that made their quick thinking seem futile. Another much more solid set of doors greeted them. And this set didn't show any signs of decay... strange runes littered its surface about a motive that showed a scene that would have one wondering why any would want to dream of entering let alone lingering in a place that surely was not sealed to prevent those entering ... but most likely designed to prevent what is inside ... leaving.

Always the storyreller can change the NEXT thing to return whatever favors or otherwise towards what they had in mind, not caring bout the outcome of one scene but letting the players express themselves as heros in character is what scenes are for ..

Seaweed

So?

Seaweed is okay to be in here?

Kate

Seaweed is cool in all oceans.

Alliance

I'm also interested. My brother informed me of this RP.

Is this to many people?

Kate

the storyteller and details are not resolved yet - it has perked a lot of interest but applesause was the instigator of the idea but it has so much momentum others are welling to storytell it regardless.

This was more a "well while there is intersest discuss ideas / lore / post characters etc" ... and likely one will run with being the storyteller soon afterwards (due to interest levels)

Alliance

I can do my Breton and convert him in here.

Dashenka

Sounds good although I am a little worried on the number of players and the cooperation between them. Also the story plot is not entirely clear to me. Can anyone help me out on that?
Out here in the fields, I fight for my meals and I get my back into my living.

I don't need to fight to prove I'm right and I don't need to be forgiven.

Kate

Concerning the number of players I see some things happening

a) Two separate threads (ie the group is split down the middle) and they go different ways - but may meet up with each other and break off again into three groups of ... or whatever

b) Two separate storys completely indepentant of each other (ie they dont meet / different world0

c) heaps of people express an interest immediately ... but 1/2 create characters .. and 1/3 of them actually post in the IC thread (vs forgetting about it) ... and then some drop out more or less instantly due to rl issues .. leaving a core group of less

Usually many express interests up front but only about 1/3 really end up being part of the core group due to their own reasons (ie dont post that often / real life etc)... so do assume that there will be room.

At least two are keen on storytelling anyway .. phps both will be keen on storytelling for different groups ... (ie point a).

Dashenka

Ok well sign me as interested :) As long as I can be a Nord with a massive hammer.

SargentToughie

Quote from: Kate on August 23, 2011, 07:43:24 AM
Concerning the number of players I see some things happening

a) Two separate threads (ie the group is split down the middle) and they go different ways - but may meet up with each other and break off again into three groups of ... or whatever

b) Two separate storys completely indepentant of each other (ie they dont meet / different world0

c) heaps of people express an interest immediately ... but 1/2 create characters .. and 1/3 of them actually post in the IC thread (vs forgetting about it) ... and then some drop out more or less instantly due to rl issues .. leaving a core group of less

Usually many express interests up front but only about 1/3 really end up being part of the core group due to their own reasons (ie dont post that often / real life etc)... so do assume that there will be room.

At least two are keen on storytelling anyway .. phps both will be keen on storytelling for different groups ... (ie point a).

that is actually a colossal concern of mine, as it seems to be a problem with each and every single RP I've ever been a part of. 8 people express interest, 4 people put in character sheets, 2 people post in the IC thread, and the GM sits around and waits for the other 6 people to catch up, resulting in the death of the RP. If I end up taking command of this thing, I'm going to be taking a page out of the Kingdom Hearts RP that I'm a part of right now, bu putting up separate threads for every region that can be explored throughout the game, giving each region it's own story arc and dilemma. Therefore, everything contributes to a singular story, but it's entirely optional for characters to interact with one another.
Ons and offs

Dashenka

Can I suggest something?

If we end up with a group of 5 or less people, make the whole game a group effort. That way there is always enough interaction, nobody is left out and you always be in the same 'zone' as the others.

Alliance

I think it's silly to have separate threads. I have run large scale fantasy RPs before with this many members and it worked out. Separate threads causes a problem when people leave, because if let's say three people were in region one and two people left. Well person three would have to one change the region he was in or stay in that region with no human interaction.

Revenent

Yeah, I don't think we have nearly enough interested people to warrant separate threads at the moment. I think, as long as the GM manages to keep the story interesting and compelling (and doesn't neglect the game for ages) and people have genuine interest in their characters, it should be fine. I don't see this as being the type of RP where people are just going to come in and try to play with their "epic" fanfiction characters, like another RP I'm sure you were thinking of when you voiced that concern.

Dashenka

Thats why it would need a plot... something we all agree on.

Alliance

Or simply something the GM can write up.

Dashenka, ever heard of to many chiefs not enough Indians.

I think really only one person, The GM, should come up with the plot.

Revenent

Aren't we already using the plot from Skyrim?

Alliance

Quote from: Revenent on August 23, 2011, 01:50:07 PM
Aren't we already using the plot from Skyrim?

I got no idea. The GM should establish this.

Kate

what about a compromise.

The storyteller never waits - there is no reason to - if they feel inspired to progress for whatever reason they god-mode everything.

(If intimacy happens etc ... THAT can branch off ... idea sex scenes can be done in a separate thread - just have the top part of it implying what its about so any involved can skip to ones they are part of and skim over the others. )

Anyway no need to cross bridges until we get to them ... i think its time to post characters !

Revenent

I don't really think DemonWing is the type to just push on through with whatever he feels like without warning everyone first, or take solo total control over the plot, but it all depends on what he decides for now.

And speaking of that, Mr. GM, are we sticking with a one-character limit for now?

Kate

please one character limit - its more believable to other players (no need to have more)

Revenent

Quote from: Kate on August 24, 2011, 09:20:55 AM
please one character limit - its more believable to other players (no need to have more)

Entirely subjective, but I'm willing to go with whatever.

Kate

Name: Sandra Ulun
Focus: Creature Summoner
Race:  Brenton

Nature:

A born talented witch Ulun has always believed the best tactic to staying alive is having more things working for you than whatever else is seeking to do you harm.  She believes no matter how smart an opponent is, their plans will fall flat when juggling too much under pressure. So far she has been right due to her choice of summoning spells she is in a constant state of refining.

Unlike most who focus on complementing their powers with ones which see to their weaknesses, this sorceress has instead focused on mastering summoning to an art at the detriment of other spells areas. Such a focus has given her the ability to manage multiple creatures at the same time. Success is not often far from her doing so for her choices always suit a scene. In this regard she always has something working on her side that is perfectly adapted for the environment, an ace that works wonders. If frightened her instinct is to summon a swarm of wasps which attack anything attacking her. Even though they may not kill her foes outright, so far none have paid attention to her form running away while fending wasps from their eyes.

Her dream is to be able to summon dragons to do her bidding, but her attempts to do so has led her to beleive that the creatures are not summoned
from a place, not pulled from another location but actually created for a short time by will. To gain mastery of such she has begun to dabble in "summoning"
types of life not seen before from her imagination. So far partial success has been realized in the form of creatures with demonic forms.

If such forms were intentional or a natural outcome of a witch like herself attempting such a path - she has not revealed nor would speak of such if pressed to do so.

Talents

Witch: Prodigious Creature Summoner

Favorite spells

Summon Wasp swarm
  Summon Great cats
  Summon Demonic Ally

Personality

Ulun talks in a deep sultry whispering tone that is more distant than engaging and seeks power in ways most do through pure wealth, ancient secrets, rituals or artifacts. She also deeply believes more power can be tapped by adjusting thought patterns, for where else could the first of the great powers come from - other than insight gained by a shift in perspective. 

Possessions

Fine silk dresses.
  Hooded Velvet full length Coat
  Stout Riding boots
  Dagger
  Assorted soaps
  Pouch-of-Gold-coins
  Horse (with saddle bags stocked with food and water)

SargentToughie

Alright, well, let's take a vote on this right now, shall we? How many people want to do multiple characters, vs. how many people only want one? I know that people like me and Rev always seem to pack at least 2 characters in most of our RPs, so I was considering making the limit 4 until I heard the request for single players.
Ons and offs

Dashenka

Im not a fan of games with too much characters so let's see how much players we get at the start. Then we can always decide otherwise

Aurora Wayland

Name: Onyx "Netheral" Wayland
Focus: Necrotic Knight
Race:  Imperial

Nature:

Onyx Wayland was daughter of a noble family in the Imperial city. From an early age she was raised to be a member of the Order of The Blades, like her father before her. She was a happy child, being full of mirth and kindness. On her 16th birthday she took her vows for the Blades and traveled to Skyruler Temple. Her first mission was to scout a newly found Ayleid Ruins just near the border of Skyrim. Little did she know she would be changed forever.

Onyx and a few dozen other blades went in. Only 'Netheral' came out.  She had changed, physically and mentally. Her skin was pale, eyes ablaze with blue ice. She no longer laughed or loved. Her own desire was power. The weapon she carried bore the name "Netheral". The runes etched into the blade glow with a hypnotic hue.

Netheral's only goal is power.

Talents

Summon Undead
Mastery of 2 handed sword.
Some Necromancy Spells.
Heavy Armor

Favorite spells

Summon Undead
Silence
Destruction

Personality

Onyx is cold and distant. She rarely shows any emotion and is known to be a great listener. She has also been known to be vicious in combat and only a few people have been left to live to tell the tale. Her voice is often quiet, and carried a spark of magical energy.

Possessions

Armor (in Picture)
2 Handed sword, etched in magical runes.
Dagger
Rations
Bed Roll
Pouch of Gold Coins (130)

Primarch

I'm not against people taking up multiple, although I myself will play just the one.

Aurora Wayland

I prefer 1 character per person.

Revenent

Name: Sage-Claw
Focus: Quick-footed Archer
Race: Argonian

Nature:

A wanderer and fierce servent of Akatosh, Sage-Claw has become something of myth in a number of townships by his method of bringing divine retribution on the most foul souls in Tamriel. Bandits and highwaymen would often turn up dead in the middle of the road, or be found lying murdered in their sleep by the woodsmen who stumble across their tents. Sometimes, even those within the cities would have an unseen force reap justice on them for their corruption or outright law-breaking.

Wherever these events occurred, a hooded argonian with red scales would be seen walking to the local cathedral every evening at sundown, would kneel before the altar and pray for an hour, then leave without ever purchasing food or seeking a room at any of the inns. The guards never bothered this argonian, though sometimes the local troublemakers did. Any who had the guts to follow him out of the city generally never returned, however.

It wasn't until recently that Sage-Claw traveled to Skyrim, having spent the last few years in Cyrodiil. Unfortunately, as athletic as he was, he wasn't prepared for the severe climate change going to this new land and ended up getting caught by the much more cold-hardy Nord after assassinating an official that was calling for lethal force against any who desired to break way from the crumbling Empire. He now is one of a number of people waiting in prison for his death sentence to be carried out.

Talents

Archery
Athletics (including water breathing)
Acrobatics
Conjuration (can summon a number of types of magical arrows with different qualities to be fired normally from his bow)

Favorite Spells

Multi Arrow
Burst Arrow
Binding Arrow

Personality

Sage-Claw is as kindly and willing to offer help or advice as any priest of the Nine you would meet, despite the dark nature of his second life. He is fairly humble and soft-spoken, yet one can see the mixture of conviction and guilt behind his eyes. He'll stop at literally nothing to stop inhumanity, cruelty, and darkness, even if others think he takes it too far.

Possessions
Leather armor
Patchwork leather hood
Elven bow
Silver arrow (54)
Venison (3)
Pouch of Gold Coins (15)

Iridescent Raven

I'm up for just playing one character. I'll start filling out a character sheet, and submit it within a moment or two.  :-)

Kate

one character per person please

Kate

BTW a few girls have expressed interest - there is no need for males to play female characters (unless i guess if they want to)

demonwing - please if you still desire to do so see to an ooc a character and an ic thread asap - enough have expressed an interest for this to runand
your on regular enough to manage to be a gm (which is needed)

SargentToughie

Alright, it looks as though the overwhelming majority of people are voting for one character for one player, and I've got to say that, as an RPer, I personally disagree with that choice. For me, only having one character restricts the possibilities available within an RP, since once your character has decided on going off to do something, it's impossible for them to go off and do something else, that, and they're a prisoner to their character. If there was a setting that you wanted to see, or something you wanted to see happen in the RP, but it would contradict something that your lone character would want to do, then you're stuck.

Could I ask what it is that's unappealing about allowing others multiple characters? I wouldn't force it on any of you, by any means, the minimum would still be 1 character, and it isn't like those of us that do create multiples are going to be playing favorites, making one of them superior to the rest and the other just a bunch of blank slates. As far as I see it, A maximum of 2 (very liberal for my regular RPs, where the max is 4) characters really isn't that big of a deal.

Anyway, I'm going to get rolling on that soon enough. I've got a pretty good handle on the story, and what I want to do with it.
Ons and offs

Revenent

Don't forget that they'd also be prisoner to whoever's character they're interacting with if that person just happens to disappear for three weeks, which is a rare occurrence around here. It only makes logical sense to me to have more than one character as the maximum, since the only reasoning I've seen toward having just one is "because I only use one."

Primarch

Well I find an overly populated game to be worst then an under populated game, and we have more interested parties then I realized. So if "one character per person" has won the vote I'd like to see that honoured, the more characters involved it means the more we have to read through or people splitting effort to the point that individual characters aren't receiving much attention. Then there's that really annoying thing some people do, like constantly having their characters agree with each other or the like.

So...yeah.

Revenent

I highly doubt anyone is going to have characters getting neglected if they have one extra character, and I also doubt it'll become overpopulated by the very few of us that will have that one extra character. I can see where you're coming from, but this isn't going to end with anyone having four or five characters, and I at least hate to have my characters interact with each other unless necessary, so I don't think those concerns will come true.

Alliance

I will be using my Breton Enesia from Morrowind and Oblivion.

I do not know how to get an in game picture of, however, because he is on the console. But I would pretty much prefer if it be the same character. Rofl he goes to prison a lot since I have been using this character in all the Elder Scroll games.

Dashenka

If we are going to allow multiple character I will bail out guys. I'm terrible sorry but games with more than 5 or 6 characters are way too crowded for me.

Alliance

Quote from: Dashenka on August 26, 2011, 03:22:44 AM
If we are going to allow multiple character I will bail out guys. I'm terrible sorry but games with more than 5 or 6 characters are way too crowded for me.

Wow..... :-\

Kate

That was what i was worried about for some players (myself) it gets confusing.

Seeing a persons avatar makes us think "oh its so and so's character" - for some it feels more indepth.

Revenent

-RETRACTED-

Kate

QuoteI'm sorry, but if you can't handle more than five or six characters or one writer having more than one character, how do you even manage to read a book?

I'm not trying to sound like a dick here, and I don't even care that much what the ultimate decision is, but some of this reasoning is just silly. For example, how does less characters make it more in-depth? We're talking about a series that used to be known for having in the range of 750,000 named characters in a single game alone. Are we really going to make Demo control eeeeeevery single character who does something important and just react to it? Trust me, I've tried, and it's pretty difficult to handle a grand epic RP story without a good bit of participation and willingness to compromise. Though I may have gone off-topic by now.

I assume Dashenka would be offended by that comment, but even if she isn't I am revenent.

There was a vote on it, and reasons for some views expressed

At no point did I suggest others DESIRE to play more than one character was an inappropriate or silly view for their own perspective doing so. I merely mentioned that for some players (namely myself) prefer to expect a player to be in role with a character, and get into the swing of things more / find it more believable when people do.

As far as "silly reasons go" Firstly

Voicing dismissiveness of anothers expressed reasons as not "good enough" to justify their own view - is a choice - an arrogant one - people have different inclinations, what drives them what interests them, what captivates them is elusive at best. Such is the nature of life. What dominates and influences peoples intentions and energy varies. Variation is the spice of life, that is why role playing with others is appealing to those like myself. A discovery of shared journeys.

As far as perspectives and logic go... unfortunately it has come to justifying stances in relation to others.
(The vote being accepted to abstract debates of strengths of relevance would have avoided this, still for a higher good to avoid such again I will address these explicitly)

"but if you can't handle more than five or six characters or one writer having more than one character, how do you even manage to read a book?"

Can't handle ? Hmm I could "handle it" - I just have a preference for not doing so
Five or six characters => Would have been the case WITH everyone only having one character per player.
Manage to read a book =>

That is a little arrogant and insulting. How ? Hmm .. firstly one author (writer) has a consistent style, this play by post is a very different medium - different energy - different complexities concerning interaction, I do assume other non-player characters would exist in role playing this thread. (ie people we meet), thus even if each player played one character the complexities of different writing styles, free form role play, etc should be complex enough to be enjoyable for myself personally.. the full strength of my mental abilities ? No

Complex and appropriate for what I desire for this thread ?
Yes

Furthermore I never said nor wish to counter with "if you can't enjoy playing one character what makes you think you can enjoy playing two?" - nor want to nor need to for obvious reasons - primarily doing so assumes you view characters in the same way I would (which i know is not the case). Secondly its an assertion that doesn't serve my interests as far as topic dialog exchange goes (energy and interest in this thread i and site I would prefer to spend on role playing).

How I can "manage reading a book" while having a ~preference~ for role playing in an interactive thread with players that are playing one protagonist each .. could well be a mystery that may fascinate some to critique in detail ... fascinating to some perhaps - but not all who may be interested in role playing this thread :)

QuoteAre we really going to make Demo control eeeeeevery single character who does something important and just react to it?

I was under the impression that we were voting on how many protagonists players are role playing - not how many other non-protagonists :)

Revenent

Alright, I'll admit I was being a jerk with that over something pretty insignificant, and I do apologize. I was just getting worked up because I couldn't help but feel that people were being stubborn by actually saying they would pull out of the RP just because one or two people would like a second character out of personal preference. I just don't see how it could possibly ruin anyone's experience if a couple of us choose to have two characters, because I can say without a shadow of a doubt that some of you will up and disappear from the site or just stop responding without a word (I've seen a group RP yet on E where this hasn't happened with someone), and I'd rather not have to sit out of the RP for three weeks if I happened to be interacting with one of those people.

Forget it, I don't care. The issue isn't important enough to keep discussing.

Dashenka

What I meant was that 5 or 6 players for me is a limit. If we got three players that means somebody can play two characters. In my previous experiences with big game roleplayes, it gets really confusing remembering all the different characters players have. Also I prefer one group in the game than 9 or 10 individuals. It makes things a lot easier and simpler. I am involved in a few other games, which characters I have to remember and I do not want to remember another 10 characters for this game.

Another thing I found happening in big games with multiple characters per player is that they start roleplaying and interacting with only their own characters because they and others have lost track of the game. I really prefer a small group. This is two reasons why a big group could ruin the game experience for me.

Lastly, I never said you could not play more characters. I didn't vote for that nor do I car, I just said that if you should decide to have more than 6 players, I will not join this game because I cannot keep track of those games.

Now I think we should leave this all behind us and start working on a plot or something. We can't just start somewhere and slash some goblin throats.

Kate

Cool :) agreed / stances clarified. No hard feelings from anyone I hope, none meant to insult anyone,

The topic of this thread is just exciting - we are just getting anxious to jump into it with both feet :)

Sooner we have an IC - the more of our energy can go where we want it to :)

SargentToughie

Well... this is actually a little bit awkward...

classic military for you... something big has come up on a moment's notice, and I really won't have the time or the brainpower to dedicate to running an entire RP from nothing. So, that just goes to show what I get when I open my mouth and make big claims about saving an RP who's GM vanished, doesn't it?

hopefully I'll see you all around on the website, since I'll still be able to partake in RPs. But, as you all know, playing in an RP and running one are two totally different things. I'm really sorry to those of you who were looking forward to this, and I hope that you'll be able to work it out for yourselves.
Ons and offs

Alliance

I'll take a handle of this RP then? If no one minds. And Demon doesn't mind.

Revenent

I don't mind, as long as you don't mind that I be opening up my own Elder Scrolls RP soon (with a completely different story, of course). The plot is starting to come into my head a little more clearly now.

Alliance

Or maybe I should let this die and join yours Revenent?

Primarch

Quote from: Alliance on August 26, 2011, 05:58:26 PM
Or maybe I should let this die and join yours Revenent?

There's interested people and submitted characters here, if you're willing to run it, I'd say go for it.

Alliance

All right then I will run it. I don't have a lot of work.

Wednesdays and Saturdays are my school days. So bare with me on those days.

However, I am free and I do not have a lot to do.

Primarch

Excellent! I'll have a Nord Warrior/Spell Breaker up tomorrow. Likely something like that anyway.

Alliance

Yes. Now I need to find a way to get my character from the game screenshot here. Hmm...I guess I'll take an awful picture on my phone camera.

Iridescent Raven

Name: Leonora "Nora" Jensen
Focus: Combat-Stealth Warrior
Race:  Imperial
Birthsign: Shadow

Nature:

Information Unavailable: No Record Of Past History As Of Yet

Talents:

Healer
Skilled with one handed swords
Stealth kills

Favorite spells:

Heal Minor Wounds
  Summon Frost Atronach
  Eyes of Midnight (Allows the caster to see in the dark for 30 seconds)

Personality:

With a mysterious aura surrounding Nora, she mostly keeps to herself unless she is in battle. No one knows her background, either she never felt like telling or no one ever bothered to ask. Rarely opening up to anyone, some people say that she is kind with a warm heart and self-less. Others say that she is the blade in the dark, ruthless, and unforgiving. Both sides agree that without a doubt she will get the job done, whatever it maybe.

Whichever side you align yourself with just take keep in mind that you have either meet a great ally or a cold deadly killer.

Possessions

Bag of gold coins
  Light obsidian colored armor (In Picture)
  Akaviri Katana
  Dagger
  A old worn leather journal
  Black leather satchel with jars of water and food
  Draconian Madstone (http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Oblivion:Draconian_Madstone)

Revenent

So I guess it's not looking like we're going to need any guys to play female characters, huh?

Iridescent Raven

Sure looks like that.

Either things got complicated even more or we just need more male recruits.  :-\

Revenent

I think we have the males, it's just that none of them have posted their characters yet.

Kate

alrighty then ..

lets go ! ic thread please and character thread please  !! :)

Alliance

An OOC and an IC. All right give me a moment?

Kate

Primarch

Name: Galrauch Anshelm

Focus: Combat
Race:  Nord
Birthsign: Atronach

Talents:

Two handed swords
Heavy Armour
Spell Reflection

Favorite spells:

Heal Minor Wounds
  Reflect Spell
  Soul Trap

Personality:

A Knightly Nord, Galrauch is known as the Spell-Breaker for his specialty at killing mages, wizards or the like, be it on the battlefield or in their own tower. A reliable and constant ally to those who show honour and   courage he is polite and well mannered (for a Nord) when among friends, peers and those he considers himself duty bound too. Feeling might of mind to be as important as might of arm, he is something of a scholar and can be found making himself familiar with books and idea's of a wide variety when not hacking down monsters.

Possessions

Elven Claymore
  Steel Armour
  Mundane Ring
  Journal
  Gold
  Food supplies

Alliance

Thanks Primarch. All right folks. It's 6:09am in the morning for me. I have class at 8:00am. When I get back from school I will work on the OOC and the IC. Just give me time. All right. I understand you all have been waiting very patiently and I will get to this, I promise.

Alliance

Today is Sunday. I will be getting an OOC up soon. I am currently writing it up.

Verrou

I know I'm probably too late, but would it perhaps be possible for me to join in on this?
I've got a character ready, a Breton who uses a combination of his shapeshifting Wakizashi (bound Scythe enchantment), Illusion and Alteration magic in battle. I can post his info right away.

Revenent

The latest GM doesn't even have his character up yet, so I'd say your odds are good enough to just post his info and see what he says.

Verrou

Name: Jacques Corbeau
Focus: Combat (dirty tactics, like invisibility)
Race: Breton
Birthsign: Apprentice

Talents:
Illusion
Alteration
Short Blades
Scythes

Favorite Spells:
Invisibility
Levitation
Paralysis (on touch)

Personality:
Corbeau is a young Breton adventurer who is skilled in the college of Alteration and particularly skilled in the college of Illusion.
He carries a steel dagger on his hip and an enchanted steel wakizashi strapped to his back, which has the power to turn into
his preferred weapon, a Daedric scythe. He has a fine horse named Rêve which he is rather fond of.
He was actually born many centuries ago, in the Third Era, but was quite careless back then. He spent much of his time attempting
to summon Daedric Lords, and even enter their Realms. After one such misadventure, he was tricked by several Daedric Princes
who had enough of him, and was cast into the future, or rather, what he considers the future and you consider the present.
That was two years ago though, and he has successfully adapted to this time.

Possessions:
Enchanted Wakizashi
Steel dagger
Red shirt
Dark green trousers
Leather boots
Horse
Small bag containing some gold coins

Alliance

All right. I'm changing the character sheet up and getting the OOC up now.