XCOM: Base Alpha (Always Recruiting)

Started by Cynadea, September 08, 2015, 10:22:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cynadea

XCOM: Base Alpha

The public is oblivious to what literally hovers just out of sight. Sightings are dismissed as hoaxes, conspiracy theories labeled as creative paranoia, no matter what happens the media quickly debunk it, whether it is with the truth or with a crafted lie to hide the truth: Aliens are visiting the planet more and more often, and have proven to be hostile on more than one occasion.

Early in 2015, the different intelligence agencies of the world have met in secret to create X-COM, an international alliance. They would hand-pick some of their best soldiers, scientists and engineer, to be dispatched to the different bases where they would live in secret to take care of the Alien threat. Whether the countries chose to send their best and brightest, or keep them for their own country remains to be seen, but all contributed to the effort to save our civilization.

Military bases around the world were modernized, equipped with the most advanced human technology and the ability to research and engineer more advanced technology. The Base Alpha was the first and this is where we start. Ranks from previous military organization have no bearings here; everyone starts at the bottom of the rank ladder. More experienced soldiers, however, will know what to do to get up the ladder faster.

Where: XCOM Base Alpha, Roswell, New Mexico, USA
When: October 2015
GM: Arkhos & Aysande

Game Information
Fast pace. Sandbox with missions (structured GM event with easy system)

Currently MIA, not available for  RP

Ons and Offs ~ Idea thread

TheScarletBlade

“I fight for the men I have held in my arms, dying on foreign soil. I fight for their wives and children, whose names I heard whispered in their last breath. I fight for we few who did come home, only to find our country full of strangers wearing familiar faces. I fight so that all the fighting I've already done hasn't been for nothing, I fight: because I must.”

TheScarletBlade aka TSB

Alex King

Cynadea

Out of Curiosity, what would you be interested to play?

Heavy
Sniper
Support
Assault
Engineer
Research
Pilot
Base staff (maintenance, cafeteria staff, etc.)

Obviously the last 2 don't really participate in missions unless aliens attack the base, but they're still available for RP in the sandbox part :)

Cynadea

Alex King

Cynadea

The game is set up, all you have to do is fill a character sheet :)

If you have any questions, you can either ask them in the OOC or send them to me in a PM.

Cynadea

Bump!

The game is always recruiting, first mission could be starting soon if there are enough players.

Lunar Raven

Member of the INTP group.  What's yours?

Ons/Offs: Elliquiy; F-List
Current Status: Closed.  Only seeking a GM for a solo game.
My Tumblr Blog (NSFW; Mostly Impreg)

Lunar Raven's gallery of Desired Titillations
Idea & Request Thread

Cynadea

Yes, there definitely is. Feel free to submit a character sheet. You have have any questions, let met know.

Cynadea

First alien-killing mission due to start around the end of the month. Any volunteers?

Cynadea

Quote from: Jezabelle on January 19, 2016, 02:38:06 AM
Colour me curious.  I'd fill any roll.

Between the two GMs we have one of every class, but it's only to fill the teams. Priority are given to non-gm characters  when time comes to select a team for a mission. In other words, if you pick assault, my assault girl will happily stay put. So you can pick any class that you want. :)