News:

Sarkat And Rian: Happily Ever After? [EX]
Congratulations shengami & FoxgirlJay for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Mobile bookmarks?

Started by Silverfyre, November 05, 2010, 04:06:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silverfyre

I was wondering if there was a way to access my bookmarks on the mobile version of Elliquiy? Thanks.

HockeyGod

Hmmm...I access them the same why I access them through the computer. Does the mobile version look different?

Silverfyre

Yes, quite.  It's merely a listing of the forums, unread replies, and the like but no bookmarks part.  It's great otherwise, but I was wondering if I was missing a component that let me get to my bookmarks. 

DarklingAlice

From my experiences with the mobile version, I have to say that there is no way. Although remember that you can always access the full version from a mobile phone and get to your bookmarks that way. It is just clunkier.

What I have done is bookmark on my phone's browser the pages I feel I will want to access mobiley (e.g. My A&A).
For every complex problem there is a solution that is simple, elegant, and wrong.

Silverfyre

Hmm, good idea with bookmarking them with my mobile's browser.  The phone has a bit of a time with the full sight but I'll suffer through!  Thanks again!

Oreo

I don't have a cell phone, but is it possible to add the book mark "link" to your O/O or A/A page and click it open from there?

She led me to safety in a forest of green, and showed my stale eyes some sights never seen.
She spins magic and moonlight in her meadows and streams, and seeks deep inside me,
and touches my dreams. - Harry Chapin

Oniya

Putting the link in is possible, and appears functional from a desktop machine.  The link doesn't appear to have any identifier for the account, so it may bring up the bookmarks of whoever is logged in.  If you want to give it a try, I put it in my own sig - or of course, you can modify your own.  ;D
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Aelynn

If you haven't already, download the Opera Mini browser to your handset, and use that instead - it'll create a smaller "mobile equivalent" of the full site, and usually has complete functionality.

Trieste

@Oniya: The phone version doesn't display sigs, nor links. If you go to the bottom of your page and click 'WAP2', you'll see the version that appears on cell phones.

As a side note, I loathe Opera mini with a passion. I found it clunky and unwieldy; a very frustrating browser to try to use. I would second the notion of just bookmarking the page on your mobile browser's homepage and accessing through there.

Aelynn

I've found that Opera Mini is only clunky if you don't switch to "mobile view" in the options. Absolutely, if you leave it on full/standard, it's just as awkward as viewing a full site on a default handset browser.

Add to that it uses less than 40% of the data a standard handset uses, and you're (usually) onto a winner. ;)

Silverfyre

Bookmarking the page works just fine, thanks!

Trieste

Good to hear it. :)

Edit: oh, and thanks for the mode tip, but unfortunately in either mode, O didn't suit me. Thanks for trying, though! :)

Silverfyre

I too tried to get the Opera browser on my phone but it's sadly not any sort of Smartphone but rather a cheapy Samsung Exclaim.  It won't load on the phone.  Oh well, the bookmarking worked just fine, thanks again to all of those who made suggestions!