Interest Check -The Enchanted Forest, through the mirror darkly.

Started by SidheLady, February 04, 2017, 09:03:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kythia

Fair like a pear.

That's my new saying, I'm going to make that a thing.

BlueEyedBard

Quote from: Kythia on February 11, 2017, 09:37:12 AM
Fair like a pear.

That's my new saying, I'm going to make that a thing.
Hmm, that sounds fair like a pear...

;)
"The ultimate in paranoia is not when everyone is against you but when everything is against you." P.K. Dick
Ad astra - but per hominum
On/Off

Kythia

SidheLady

I prefer peaches, firm...peaches....*droools* wait, what was I saying?
"Dream, not of what you are, but what you want to be" - Lotus (aka spacemom!), warframe

I have Discord, ask to contact me!

My Games including Sassy Space Vixens and the Gentry https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=253546.0

My general Ons and Offs (will be updated soonish whenever I remember and get around to it)
https://www.f-list.net/c/sidhelady/

TheGlyphstone

SidheLady

"Dream, not of what you are, but what you want to be" - Lotus (aka spacemom!), warframe

My Games including Sassy Space Vixens and the Gentry https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=253546.0

My general Ons and Offs (will be updated soonish whenever I remember and get around to it)

Majere Dreavan

Name: Death

Tale: Literally a tale as old as time. She'd been around as long as the universe could remember. For everything that lived, it had to eventually die. She never really took form until that first sapient brain saw one of his fellows expire. Something was needed to comfort that primitive mind, so it would continue to make life in spite of her. Through out time she watched the humans and fae interact with each other and apart. They certainly continued on in spite of death, but they always found more ingenious ways to give her so much more than was natural. The ground was often soaked in their blood and she kept Hades busy with the souls she reaped.

The Current queen of the land intrigued her, twice she had managed to escape her fate. Once with her beauty, and again out of pure coincidence. That poison had her fully in it's grips before whatever it was that healed her did it it's work. Death was a curious woman, and she had to come and investigate. By the time she mustered enough curiosity to take a physical shape, the queen had changed slightly. A darker version of the woman that had survived the poison and the axe-man. Death joined her court for the time being, she enjoyed playing at being one of the mortals.
Looks:
3 Main descriptors: Wise, Straightfoward, Collected
Prefered weapon: Scythe
Magic: The ability to push or pull someones death in either direction, giving them more or less time, using her hourglass.

Tokyorose627

This sounds super interesting!! I have two questions however; do we use RL pics, or anime pics? And am I allowed to make a male version of a fairytale? I was hoping to make a male Little Mermaid.

Kythia

SidheLady

Quote from: Tokyorose627 on February 12, 2017, 05:25:46 AM
This sounds super interesting!! I have two questions however; do we use RL pics, or anime pics? And am I allowed to make a male version of a fairytale? I was hoping to make a male Little Mermaid.

You can choose the piccies, and sure. If you want to play, please get the charrie in before the weekend. I want to start early next week

Maj, I think you should have at least the magical ability to see others deaths, maybe a healing ability (pushing their death away) or a poison ability (drawing it closer, but not insta-death)...

LunaJinx

I am trying to figure out what makes most sense as to where my character starts in this xP Possibly in the queens court?

Tokyorose627

Quote from: SidheLady on February 12, 2017, 08:51:13 AM
You can choose the piccies, and sure. If you want to play, please get the charrie in before the weekend. I want to start early next week

Thanks! I'll get started on it; I may even put a twist on the story a bit to make more sense for my male character.

Tokyorose627

Name: As a human, his name is Ai; however when a mermaid, individuals call him "Ariel"

Tale: The Little Mermaid

Once upon a time, in a Kingdom that overlooked the sea, there was a young prince that yearned to be in the ocean, every day. Ever since he was a child, his mother would always read him stories of the mystical people that lived in the sea called mermaids, and they always captivated him so. The urge to find such such creatures lasted to his teenage years, and each day he was free to do as he please, he would go to the sea, hoping to see a mermaid one day. One day, he heard rumor of a magics user, one that could break any curse, and cast any spell, for the right price. Taking the desired amount of money with him, he met with the magics user, telling them that they wished to see a mermaid. The magics user, however, had a much better idea; why not become one himself? Surprised by the idea, the Prince eagerly accepted being given a potion that would change him at the stroke of midnight, while he lay in the sea.

That very night did the prince drink such a potion, and within one hours time, he had become a mermaid, appearance changing, and finally having his wish come true. However the magics user had tricked him, for he could now never return to the kingdom that he once lived in. Forever trapped to live in the sea, he was taken in by the Sea King Triton after hearing him sing, and was given the name Ariel, and welcomed into his family, unaware that he was male, and once human.

However now that the Queen had taken over, the spells of fairytales had been broken, even the Princes. Now free to switch between human and Mermaid form, he roams the lands to find somewhere peaceful, however his beauty as "Ariel" has begun to attract attention to others in the Court.

Looks:

As "Ariel"

As Prince Ai

3 Main descriptors (single words you'd use to describe your characters strengths): Alluring, Adventurous, Strong-willed

Preferred weapon: A fencing sword, after being trained while he still lived in his Kingdom to sword fight.

Magic (if any): The magic of his voice to sing the most beautiful of songs, so captivating that even some individuals are drawn to Ariel (Much like a Siren)

TheGlyphstone

Tokyorose627

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on February 12, 2017, 10:54:00 AM
Wouldn't the proper term be Merman anyways?

mm, true, but i've decided for him to change into a mermaid when he wants. I was going to have him still be male even as he changes, but then would ruin the point, so he'll turn into a female when he transforms.

So, technically, still a mermaid. :3

SidheLady

Okay....awesome merperson....

Choose yout favorate story and let me know, I like them both!

and Luna...all will be revealed *laughs wickedly*

Oh, would anyone like to see a bio of the queen?

Tokyorose627

Quote from: SidheLady on February 12, 2017, 11:43:31 AM
Okay....awesome merperson....

Choose yout favorate story and let me know, I like them both!

and Luna...all will be revealed *laughs wickedly*

Oh, would anyone like to see a bio of the queen?

Thanks! I'll stick with the first one then.

And sure, I'm curious!

LunaJinx

Majere Dreavan

Okay I think I fixed it for you, I just didn't think death would have much a need for magic she gets hers in the end anyway.

SidheLady

Okay, you asked for it

Name: Snow White, The Blood Red Queen, The Vampire Lady, other titles too many too name

Story: Snow white

Bio: "Blood on the Snow, always blood on the snow"

Everyone knows the story, or, at least they think they know the story. It is a story of death and sacrifice as much as life and love. Snow was born to the king and queen of the enchanted forest, in the depths of winter. Her mother didn't survive and was the first victim of the story. Her father greived but, threw his all into raising his daughter, one with hair as black as a moonless night, skin as white as snow, and lips as red as blood. It wasn't until she was 10, when he met Eowyn, who would become his second wife and eventually the wicked queen. She began as a passing fancy but became more, Snow always suspected magic was being used to ensnare her father's affections, but what child doesn't suspect that at some point of her parents, especially a parent dating for no-one could match up to the saintly image of her mother.

Reguardless of Snow's objections and dislike, her father married Eowyn and for a time they were happy. Everything was (mostly) good until Eowyn fell pregnant and lost the baby, it was the beginning of a long downward spiral. Her father died a year or so later under suspicous circumstances, and Snow felt her freedoms being curtailed. First she was unable to leave the castle, then her floor, and finally her rooms. She became a prisoner. The land began to fail and die, for Eowyn didn't realise one thing, the land is a reflection of the ruler and Eowyn wasn't the most fertile of women. Eventually, snow found out a secret, Eowyn had used magic on her father, stolen magic from a mirror, one which was corrupting her.

She had to flee when the mirror convinced Eowyn to sacrifice Snow to the mirror, which would restore the land, give her a true kingdom (and a heir) that her black heart desired. The huntsman followed snow, but, at the last minute he turned his knife away, and let her go, bringing the queen a hogs heart instead of hers. Snow vanished into the enchanted forest, leaving the castle alone. Eowyn was pleased her rival was dead, but displeased there was no sacrifice. However, this wasn't as problematic as it first seemed. The king, while he had grieved had been prolific in his greif. He had left behind many bastards to various maidens, wives and servants in the castle. They would do, but the pure royal blood would have been better.

Eowyn began to round up the bastards of the king and sacrifice them to the mirror and her power grew, but the land slowly faded. Snow was unaware of this...slaughter of innocents to deepen the queens psychosis and power and she fell in with seven bandits, who she cared for, cleaned for and taught her how to fight. As Eowyn's power grew, she felt Snow's connection to the land and realised she was still alive. She had to have the girls blood. She tried several plans to seperate her from her protectors but none worked. As a final step, she poisoned Snow, and put her into an enchanted sleep, and gave her army orders to collect the body, but several regiments went into the forest and...they simply vanished without trace (although, occasionally in the dead of night, screams can be heard in the darkest part of the forest).

Snow eventually awoke, it might have been a true loves kiss, it might have been a decay of the magic, no-one knows, but Snow came back...different.

She couldn't sit idle as she had before, she had to retake the land at any cost. She met up with the rebellion which had been formenting, the sacrifices, the starvation had taken a powerful toll on the people and they would rise up behind the princess against the evil queen. It was a bloody battle, peasents rose up and battled the professional soldiers, buying time for the young princess to reach the queen. Snow found Eowyn before the mirror in her private rooms and, a fight ensued. The queen used powerful magic, but, Snow had learned to fight with street fighters and brawlers, knowing to fight dirty. Snow smashed Eowyn's head against the mirror and knocked her out. The mirror shattered and Snow picked up a long, jagged shard of mirror and stood over the queen.

In another world, Snow's hand was stayed, in another time, Snow imprisoned her step-mother.

But that world is not this one. Snow cut her hand on the glass and heard the mirrors whisper herself. "Kill her" the poison voice whispered "Kill her and take her magic". Snow slit Eowyn's throat and let her bleed, then cut out her heart, a heart for a heart. Guided my strange instincts and whispers, Snow ate the raw heart and...it changed her. She felt power flood through her, a dark hunger filling her, a predatory instinct changing her. Outside, the sun changed, becoming a deep blood red, but, life returned to the land with a vengance, although it was a strange and twisted life. Not sparing any time, Snow took the broken mirror and shoved the shards into the hole where Eowyn's heart was, sealing it with power and will. Eowyn's wounds closed with a strange, mirror-like flesh, as did her eyes. She was suspended between life and death and only had some of her will and intellect remaining. She would have a place at court at least.

Her victory won, Snow was crowned queen, and she became a good ruler, a just ruler. Of course, she set her sights outside her kingdom and her armies began to march. Kingdom after kingdom fell to the vampire queen, riches, knowlage, food and slaves flooded in and made the peoples lives better. The fact the queens court was a place of hedonism, dark pleasures and pained delight didn't matter to most, or despite the pagan blood rituals and seasonal hunts, she was good to her people, of course, if you werent one of her people...then you were fair game. It is said that thanks to the queens spy network it is almost impossible to speak against the queen, and to war against her is to court death itself.

3 Main Descriptors: Beautiful, Hedonistic, Predatory

Preferred weapon: Snow has an armoury of weapons, both magical and mundane. She prefers to use her own blood weapons, or the mirror knife she had made from the shard she used to kill the evil queen.

Magic: Connection to the Land, Blood Magic, Some Mirror magic, Transformation into animal, Vampiric talents, Enchanting voice

Court

Spymaster: Eowyn/ Mirror Mask
Wardrobe Mistress: Cinderella
Master of Arms:
Master of Coin:
Master of the Revel:
Advisor: Malificent
Master General: Beast

SidheLady

Tokyorose627

ah I'm so sorry, due to RL stuff and having joined some other games, I'm gonna have to pull out. I'm sorry again. ;A;

SidheLady

SidheLady

We have got a nice settled play in, we have some open slots, anyone interested?

PervCelebre

Name: Aladdin
Tale: Aladdin was a poor pauper of a boy who lived on the edge of life, like the scimitar he carried with him, stolen from a palace guard on a hot day when all he wanted was bread. He skated by in life, barely, with his wits and charm, always hoping for stability but knowing that a boy of no noble birth had no chance. Then, the lamp. The storm. The genie and the love story with the princess, the gorgeous Jasmine, who melted his heart and hardened him to the prospect of love and heartbreak. They were of different worlds but loved each other, despite the complications inherent in that love.

His last wish of the genie’s three was not to keep getting more wishes or to have his wealth permanently; it was for the genie, his only friend, to be free. This set a chain of events in motion he could not foresee: the princess loved him but from afar and in secret. Evil returned occasionally to Agrabah and he, the mighty Aladdin, was expected to help. All in all, however, he was still the pauper who, while with a house and fame, was still looking for something better.

Looks: Muscular and olive-skinned, the body of a boy who eats only what he needs and runs, evading, always. He’s younger and wiser than he looks, his body that of a laborer but his mind that of a schemer.
3 Words: Cunning, Charming, Virile
Prefered weapon: Scimitar
Magic: Has used a magic lamp and has the favor of a genie. He has lost track of the genie over the years but has a sinking feeling that, if needed, Genie may come to his aid in his most dire time.