News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

A year in the life of a Time Lord*

Started by Theta Sigma, March 25, 2015, 03:03:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Theta Sigma

*Disclaimer: I am not an actual Time Lord, unfortunately. ;o

I am Thete, and I am a 24 year old Liege. I work in a small museum in the North East of England that shall remain nameless due to privacy reasons. I work between Front of House and the Marketing department, which is mostly just me. Outside of my work, and outside of E I play the odd games which I will also talk about here.
Pictures will be added where I can, because everyone loves piccies!

This blog is designed to show one year in my life, mostly so that I'll just start blogging about events in my life again. Some days might be rubbish, some days more exciting.

Comments and PMs are welcome!

March Posts
April Posts
May Posts
June Posts
July Posts

O&Os

A&As/Tracker
They/Them pronouns

Theta Sigma

25th March 2015

Today, I held a duck! As part of #museumweek, which we're taking part in (or, rather, I am taking part in) I've been asking our staff about their favourite parts of the museum. One of our apprentices chose the duck pen, and wanted a photo with a duck. So, in the end I got a duck thrust upon me. Very soft, very scary to hold in fear from hurting her.
Also was brave and stroked one of our donkeys. They've just returned to us now that the warmer weather has returned.

Outside of work, I got hold of Sarah Millican tickets. I'm seeing her in her home town, which I'm very excited about. They were a battle to get due to the website having glitches, but hey ho. By 10.20am, I was a little lighter in the wallet but a hell of a lot more excited.

O&Os

A&As/Tracker
They/Them pronouns

rotburn

Theta Sigma

Thanks, Rotburn! ;o

Today's update!
26th March 2015
Unexpected day off after being asked yesterday to cover Saturday for one of our farm staff members who works FoH on Saturdays, and hasn't taken any time off. I covered for her last Saturday and ended up working one too many days in doing so, but I'm kind. So yeah.
Spent the majority of the day playing Runescape, which I'm currently aiming for 120 fishing in. Lot of afking. They've released a shark cosmetic and exp bonus on their pay2win Treasure Hunter, so a lot of yesterday evening was spent sulking over how I'll never win it and how I want to look like a shark. Almost cried, was tired, what the fuck brain.

This evening I went to a new Man vs Food inspired restaurant. Very tasty, had pulled brisket sandwich with gorgeous chips and garlic bread.
They also served my drink in a jar.
A FUCKING JAR.
Highlight of my day. /sad

Today also marks ten years since Doctor Who started airing once more. I was a fan prior to the renewal, and I remember the trailers airing on BBC One and getting progressively more excited as the month went on. Now, just over ten years ago, I'd seen the first episode of the first new series. The first proper broadcast of my time, since I was born the year after it went into hiatus.
Gutting.
Haven't missed an episode since. Adored it then and didn't care who knew it, still do.

O&Os

A&As/Tracker
They/Them pronouns

Theta Sigma

27th & 28th March 2015

Ended up having a bit of a busy night last night so I didn't get to update. Yesterday was just a slow day. After the ridiculous almost crying over cosmetic items on Thursday night, my partner went on a mission to get me looking like a shark. And it paid off! Took a trial out with Now TV, which is bloody wonderful for films and I'm taking full use of it.
By the 28th of March, bonus fishing exp and shark cosmetic! All thanks to my boyfriend's mission to not make me sad.

Today was work, productive day, coming to the end of #museumweek which I'm a little sad about. Planning stuff for next week, now. Newsletter stuff and so on. The rest of the evening will be spent watching TV, fishing and the usual.

O&Os

A&As/Tracker
They/Them pronouns

Theta Sigma

29th March 2015

I have done nothing productive at all today. I have been food shopping, I bought some new Mr Men socks and some awesome underwear, and that is all.
Continuing the fishing escapade on Runescape, coming up to my first major goal of 50m fishing exp. Excited. Watched The Devil Wears Prada for the first time, and cheated by getting a takeaway for tea. Tasty chicken kebab.

Back at work tomorrow, #museumweek is over so it's time to play with Photoshop for the first time, and try and get some college work done.

O&Os

A&As/Tracker
They/Them pronouns

Kythia

Good to see another person from the North East on E.  Enjoying reading this, its somehow soothing to read a slive of someone else's life.

Theta Sigma

Awesome! I thought I was the only North Eastener here. Hi-5! Also glad you're enjoying it, Kythia!

30th March 2015

Work time. Started with an hour long fight with Illustrator on my slow as balls new work laptop. It hadn't been used in forever when I got it, so there's no surprise it's awful. Should've really put it on the radio laptop I was using before being given the work one.
Alas, never mind.
Bossed apprentices about today to get them to try and do some college work. It didn't really work. It's not my problem at the end of the day. Got some newsletter done, scribbled off some planning emails and had some training this afternoon as I'm taking over the leaflet and advertising from tomorrow. Now have full access to the blogs, so I intend to harass people to write blogs.

Also had an exciting journey into Hebburn, where I've never been before to visit the printers that do our leaflets. It was thrilling.

Easter Runescape quest done, nice little pet earned. Should be hitting 50m tomorrow, excited for that. The rest of today will be spent with Now TV and filmmmms.

O&Os

A&As/Tracker
They/Them pronouns

Theta Sigma

31st March 2015

Day off today. Popped out to get some things for tea tomorrow, played Runescape until about three, when I popped into work to say goodbye to someone from the education department who has been working there for fourteen years. She was wonderful, good to work with and she did part of the marketing, which I've taken over from, now.
Scary.
We had cake, presents were given, another member of staff is leaving and I'll miss him... He was good fun, crass and crude but really funny. They'll both be missed. I finally got hold of an office key for where I have claimed my office to be (though I might move if there's desk space free now) so that's exciting, too.

And I've also just got 50m fishing exp this evening! Far too excited about this.

My other colossal news is that I've registered for my degree this evening.
Eep.

O&Os

A&As/Tracker
They/Them pronouns

Theta Sigma

1st April 2015

Colossal fight with the sodding newsletter at work today. Spent the last part of this afternoon fighting with poorly worded things.
In future, I'm going to rewrite everything from scratch. ARGH.

Asides from that... Slow laptop this morning, hadn't turned on until I'd returned back from having my injection done. I've got B12 anaemia, and thus I have injections every 10 weeks. I often suffer fatigue when they're coming up. Was expecting to have some training today, but it was rescheduled until tomorrow after some emails were passed around. Instead, I got to do some training with our volunteer co-ordinator and apprentice volunteer co-ordinator. As I got access to blogs on Monday, I'm now going to harass everybody to write some blogs, because they are wonderful tools to interact with our audience.

Caused some church drama today. Youngest apprentice let me walk all the way down to the church to grab their opening hours. Was not happy with him. >_> On the upside, I took a pretty photo of the church.

We're also now on summer opening hours, so we're open 10 til 5 now, so later hours when on the desk. Which is tomorrow. Longer days begin!

Spending the rest of my evening fishing on RS, and playing with the OpenUni website as I'm looking to enrol on my degree now.
Scary.

O&Os

A&As/Tracker
They/Them pronouns

Theta Sigma

2nd April 2015

Spent a great deal of today walking. I walked to the church and back. I walked to the bottom of the farm and back. Walk walk walk, photo photo photo. Was supposed to be on the desk but I barely spent any time on there. So mobile it's insane. Managed to finally have a good stroke of Charlie who seems to have stopped ignoring me now. Yay.

Had a chat with the boss about a few things. Any support I need is open to me during my degree, which is great. If we were a bigger museum I'd ask for the funding, but alas, we are not, and it's not a stress that needs to be escalated.
Planning things with a meeting and training for Monday. Easter activities start tomorrow so it's really been all go go go today.

Been playing Runescape since I got home, and watching films. My evenings are incredibly repetitive.

O&Os

A&As/Tracker
They/Them pronouns

Stella

I think it's awesome that you are keeping a year in a life journal! *nodsnodsnods* <3

Theta Sigma

Quote from: Stella on April 03, 2015, 04:58:00 AM
I think it's awesome that you are keeping a year in a life journal! *nodsnodsnods* <3
Hearts galorez.

3rd April 2015
Late to bed, early to rise unfortunately. Lazy day. Started with a shower, and watched TV. Played Runescape from about lunchtime, boyfriend got 99 Herblore this afternoon so I went to go and see that. Awesome stuff.

Headed up to Newcastle to the new bowling alley to do some bowling for the leaving do of the woman who left earlier this week. I started off poorly, but ramped it up to something awesome in the end. Amazing stuff. I had three rounds of 0 and I ended at 51.
And came third.
Wtf.
Sat for food at 8, had a gorgeous pulled pork sandwich with chips in a sodding jar. CHIPS IN A JAR. Much fun and laughter was had by all. We caused some slight drama by 15 of us turning up when it was only booked for 10, but that's generally how it goes with us lot as a workplace as it is.
I left after we'd finished our meal and had sat around for a bit, because I'm a lightweight and I prefer home.Brought home two people because I am lovely, dropped them off. Got home just after ten. Tired as hell, now.
Really going to miss those who have left us. Going to be so weird not seeing them every day, every week. We'll keep in touch, of course, but... Sad. Shame. D:

The rest of my evening will be spent... You guessed it... Finishing up some fishing, and TV. Yay for consistency!
Also appear to be collecting pictures of drinks in jars. New favourite things.

O&Os

A&As/Tracker
They/Them pronouns

Theta Sigma

4th April 2015
Late to bed, late to rise! Woke up late to an email from the boss, so I shifted some of the website off before scoffing a mini pizza and arriving late to my eye test appointment. My eyes are getting worse and more short sighted, so I'm getting new glasses.
Yay.
No surprises there.
New ones are very similar to my current ones.

Went to a fundraiser do this afternoon with the mother to keep her happy. Was miles away, we got lost, it was fun. Found it after ages, then proceeded to eat a gammon sandwich, which was nice, bought a mug, a woolly derpy duck to sit on my desk at work, and a plethora of shortbread and gingerbread and cakes. I also got cat pawprints dotted up my arm because why not.
Fun!

Tesco for tea and music and Runescape this evening. As normal.

On a sidenote, my functional skills certificates arrived from college this afternoon. It's only taken almost a year. Rattled off a quick email to our council correspondent about getting them (it was far too excitable).

O&Os

A&As/Tracker
They/Them pronouns

Theta Sigma

5th April 2015
It seems Sundays are my incredibly unproductive days. I watched Look Who's Talking Too this morning, bloody love that film, and Gangsta Granny afterwards. Then I hopped onto Runescape to fish. Looked at degree module choices with the boyfriend, and then we watched some telly.

I've been craving a curry for weeks, so I had a curry and he had a chinese for tea, so all is well with the world. The cat paws are sadly washed off my arm now.

Fishing for the rest of the evening, with maybe a film. I ended up going to bed earlier than I wanted to last night due to wrist pain from bowling (I R Weak) on Friday. Watched Tangled and nodded off. Sadly don't have the luxury of being able to stay up late tonight, as I've got work tomorrow.
Three days of work this week before my holidays kick in.

O&Os

A&As/Tracker
They/Them pronouns

Theta Sigma

6th April 2015
Oh my god what was today.

Sunny bank holiday Monday, reasonably busy morning which included decorating the front desk with little toy chicks. And then taking them around various parts of work to explore and take photos of.
Snapped up a breaded cod fillet and focaccia toastie for lunch, which was gorgeous, and headed out to take photos for Facebook after lunch.

Honestly, it was such a wonderful day. Snapped up lots of photos for Facebook of our activities, headed back up to the desk at 2, got a rush on for about half an hour, and then I went back out for more photos as obviously as we had more people on site, we had more people doing activities.
On my way back up, I stumbled upon our farm team watching one of the donkeys. His breathing was fast and heavy, and so a vet was called and he had to be moved to a makeshift holding stable. This meant leashing him and leading him up the farm. I ended up acting as a barrier to keep kids and people away from him as they had fun getting him inside. The other donkey needed to be in sight so he didn't freak out.
Sociable creatures.

After that, I uploaded everything to Facebook, and we discussed some drama that happened between colleagues personal lives at the weekend, and cashed everything up. Very, very successful day. Knackered, though, with all the walking.

Tonight, you guessed it, films and Runescape! Just hit 1500 total level, yay. On the subject of films, watched the latest Transformers film before bed last night. God, it was shocking.

O&Os

A&As/Tracker
They/Them pronouns

Theta Sigma

7th & 8th April 2015
Yesterday was horrendous, too. Bloody hell. I had a very late night because I wanted to watch a documentary about trans kids. I suffered for the late night.

Started off at college, which was alright. Got some work done, got some planning done. We've only got a few sessions left so I'm going to have to push for a few visits and get things signed off. None of this is the fault of me, this is all their side being slow.
Psch.

I left and headed in to work at midday, getting changed and some banner work done for the website with super new paid for Photoshop. It's the first time I've ever used paid for Photoshop, so it's exciting. I spent an hour and forty minutes in a meeting learning about digital stories and how to develop them, so developing ideas and things regarding that and various ideas to put in place around blogging and promotion.

The night was spent with telly. Telly and tireds.

Today is my last day of work for the week, I've got the rest off as a holiday. My parents are going away for a few days so it's just me, the boyfriend and the cats. Looking forward to it.
As such, today was a busy day of work to make sure everything was sorted whilst I'm away. Started off with a promotional plan and I've been invited into the exhibitions meeting (Scary) on Monday. I've decided to do Exhibition Stories as a blog for all exhibitions we have in the coming year, which includes photos of the exhibitions being installed. It's exciting.
Well, to me. But I'm sad.

Compiled all of that together, still needs a few additions before it goes live. I wrote my newsletter, tidied up my claimed desk, started work on Facebook banners to fit our events, had a wander to take a few more photos on the farm and of the exhibition set up. Saw Charlie! He purred at me. Gorgeous cat.

Had a chat about more blog stuff, got my newsletter sent, sent a few emails and I left after organising a few photo permission slips for the rest of the week.
AND THEN HOME. Holidays have started! Tonight will be spent with telly, Runescape, and sleep sleep sleeeeep!

O&Os

A&As/Tracker
They/Them pronouns

Theta Sigma

9th & 10th April 2015
I'm on work holiday and I've been spending a lot of time with my boyfriend, so I've been lax on updates here. Not that I've really been doing much, to be honest.
Yesterday morning was spent fighting with prescription services, and shopping for a few things. Then we played Runescape together and chilled watching telly all night. Also did some washing, which is dull.

Watched Rango, which was a really good film, actually. Really well animated. I heart kids films.

Today we woke up and got up together and watched some telly together, and went out for lunch, picking up some things from Morrisons too, including a USB fan for work. Awesome stuff.
Had takeaway for tea, the most gorgeous chicken burger, and I'm still playing Runescape. Should get 55m exp tonight!
Hoping to stay up later than I managed to do last night.

O&Os

A&As/Tracker
They/Them pronouns

Theta Sigma

11th April 2015
Another non-eventful day. Spent the day tidying and enjoying what of the peaceful day remained before my parents got back. Discussed some room plans, my boyfriend got 99 Attack on Runescape, and we watched Battle Royale.

Picked up my parents tonight, both seem sulky and so glad to be back. Didn't even get a hello. Wonderful.

Work wise (because I am contactable constantlyyyyyy) I managed to put up our new Exhibition Story blog for Clay Journeys, something that I am reluctant to share because of privacy, but it's still awesome.

Tomorrow is the last day in my holiday block. Blegh.

O&Os

A&As/Tracker
They/Them pronouns

Theta Sigma

12th & 13th April
I meant to post this last night, but I just crashed. Hideously tired.

Sunday was a bit of a non-day. The boyfriend got 99 summoning, and I got a ton of fishing exp on Runescape. I also ordered a Now TV box and a 3 month entertainment pass, so bring on GoT! (Finally)

Yesterday was a bit different, it was back to work. Incredibly busy day. I was on the desk and had a read through our new exhibition catalogue, as we need to have some knowledge of it working on the desk. I'm in a better position than most as I've already written about it for the newsletter, so I'm aware with bits and pieces.
Logged a service call for our shitty work printer today, made a wonderfully relevant GoT related status for the work Facebook.

I spent the afternoon mostly doing some marketing, taking a few snippets and talking to a band that came to perform but didn't have a huge turnout. So I'm now gathering May Day information ready to publicise the hell out of that from next week.

At the end of the day the bloke came to service the printer, which was a nice surprise. I've organised a blog training session with the apprentices, and our review is coming up shortly with the council, which should be wonderful complaining about the college aspect.

Finally went food shopping at home, and watched some telly whilst fishing. Most things become a blur because I was hideously tired, for some reason.

Today I'm picking up my new glasses, and that's about my only plans for the day for now.

O&Os

A&As/Tracker
They/Them pronouns

SweetSerenade

THis is a brilliant idea, and it's nice to get a look into your life :D

Bakemono Shiki RP(Lovely Siggy Layout is thanks to Amaris)

Theta Sigma

Thanking you muchly! It's good to see that people are enjoying this blog. ;o

14th April 2015
Need to get back into a nightly routine. ;o

Picked up my new glasses today. They're slightly stronger than my old pair. As such, and because the frame is different, everything looks a little stranger than what I'm used to. Also cleaner. Still very much getting used to them. I'm short sighted, and it's getting gradually worse as I get older. Woo.

Had a very half productive day. I got from 55 crafting to 76 on Runescape so I could use decorated fishing urns to boost my fishing exp on a daily basis. Worth it, and I gained about 1.2m crafting exp. Just very click intensive, so it cut into my posting rate today.
I did, however, watch The Exorcist for the first time (good film!), World War Z (creepy but good film!) and Bolt, again. Which I love. As well as some misc TV.

Work in the morning. Need to get quite a bit done.

O&Os

A&As/Tracker
They/Them pronouns

Theta Sigma

15th April 2015
Payday!
Woo!

This means I've paid off my Wii U! Maybe I should get some damn games for the thing.
Anyway.
I started today off brilliantly. Spraying cologne on myself. Normal thing. I'm getting to the bottom of the bottle and it's refusing to come out occasionally, so I squirt it out into the room to get things going.
Except this morning I accidentally squirted my eye.
Awesome.
So I did what I could and drove to work, and it's still sore but otherwise alright. Try to get some work done. Can't see very well. Chalk it up to my new glasses.
After no work and some analysis, I realise it's not just the glasses. So I ask our first aider's opinion, and go through the traumatic experience of getting it washed out with eye wash. Which was hilarious for the pair of us.

I skim about for a bit writing a May Day prep and some blogging tips for training I'm doing next week, and then finally crack on with some proper work. I do my newsletter, take some photos for a planned catalogue of shop items we'll send to schools who can't shop, and I get the newsletter finally sent off.
Then I get on starting our new leaflets which is my big new scary job aaa.
As it turned out I couldn't do much of the back so I sent an email to the boss who set up a really quick meeting for next week which is wonderful.

Also used my wonderfully new and neat desk today! It's super. I also used my equally awesome USB desk fan which I love and it's brill.

Came home to my Now TV box, so Game of Thrones is on the horizon after I set it up tomorrow. It's so diddly and cute I heart it so much.

I'm off tomorrow, so I'm hoping to get a bit of fishing in tonight on Runescape. Making full use of my urns!

(Today's piccie is from our gorgeous new exhibition that I am totally taken with.)

O&Os

A&As/Tracker
They/Them pronouns

Theta Sigma

16th April 2015
Woke up earlier than I liked to a needy kitten. She was craving attention really badly, so she got attention and cuddles.

Most of my day consisted of helping my boyfriend conduct an experiment for part of his degree. We needed to collect soil samples, so after emptying out a four pack of beans, we were on our way to the park.
The lovely lovely scummy park.
The cans crush easily we found out as we gathered the first sample, and then the second sample a short distance away from the first. Sat around for a bit before going back to the car and to the cliff tops for our second sample. This one involved a long walk down to the cliffs on a gorgeous, gorgeous day. It was warm. The soil was a pain to dig up.

After the hassle of the soil, we went to Wetherspoons for a verrrrrrry late lunch. Was torn between a pulled pork sandwich or fish and chips.
Went with a pulled pork sandwich by the time I got down the stairs. It was very tasty, if not very messy. Had a wander around town for some games, and I popped back to get my glasses adjusted and refitted because fuck them.
They are better now, but still a bit unusual.
Sigh.

Came home and got some writing done, working my way through my Runescape fishing and debating picking up 3DS games I never played the first time round to make it worthwhile getting a new one.

O&Os

A&As/Tracker
They/Them pronouns

Theta Sigma

17th & 18th April 2015

Yesterday there was a lot of helping the boyfriend with his soil experiments. I don't remember if I ever mentioned this, but he's doing a degree in physics, with a mind to focus or specialise in astrophysics. We were going to go out for tea, but in the end our booking was cancelled because of problems with the restaurant, so I was quite disappointed. Ended up having a disappointing tea in the end. Watched The Machinist, revisiting something I haven't seen in a whole number of years. Must've been 2008 when I saw it, the first summer with my boyfriend.

Today I had work, and I got around to responding to the billions of emails  I got yesterday thanks to my phone not picking up work emails. All relating to blogging things, various deadlines and so on. Was late in, had to pick up some sweets for the last few days of our trails.
After almost a year, I finally got my first year apprenticeship certificates. Ridiculous. Have a comment I'd like to place regarding them, I've been awarded units I didn't even hand work in for. Which I'm not complaining about, it's just... Y'know. Niggling as to why we even chose specific units.

Busy work day, came home a bit drained and a bit meh. Went out for a takeaway and I've lazed about, should get 60m fishing exp on Runescape tomorrow. Was hoping to get quite a bit of writing done tonight, and fishing, but it seems that that plan has gone out of the window.

O&Os

A&As/Tracker
They/Them pronouns