Jade Dragons & Hungry Ghosts ( Lesbian wuxia - accepting characters )

Started by Dhi, June 22, 2015, 03:57:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vercile

Dhi

I'd like to keep the characters Asian. If you're not interested in playing an Asian character, I understand. But, to introduce dissonance between characters and setting would make the story very different from what I hope to capture.

la dame en noir

oh no no no no, do not change the characters. They're meant to be Asian, thats the point of this game. Who suggested that?
Games(Group & 1x1): 7 | Post Rate: 1 - 6 days | Availability: Actively looking!
A&A | FxF |
O/Os | FxF Writers Directory

Vercile

There's also Jade form the Mortal Kombat Series, if you wanted to consider play bys.

Crash

La dame.  I know there are no African skin tones, but many southeast Asian cultural groups do not have light skin.  They are often marketed that way, but it isn't really true. That said if you are not comfortable I totally get it.

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."
Congratulations, you've unlocked Flirtatious Crash! - Envious

la dame en noir

no need to do this lol. I'm simply admiring everything here and stalking peeps since i haven't rped in some weeks :3

Games(Group & 1x1): 7 | Post Rate: 1 - 6 days | Availability: Actively looking!
A&A | FxF |
O/Os | FxF Writers Directory

RedPhoenix

Fine, fine, I'll drag you into something with me someday. :)
Apologies & Absences | Ons & Offs | Canon in Red
I move the stars for no one.

Lady Kitsune

If I am not too late, here is my character for your approval. :)
Took me forever to decide on a picture.  :P

名字 Name : Ki, Chun-hyang

功夫 Style : Hwa Rang Mul Sul – The Hwa Rang or “Flower Men” were the royal guard of the of the royal Korean family. The Hwa Rang developed a style of martial arts that pulled from numerous styles such as Tang-lang kung fu using external and internal power and Hsing-I that used characteristics of the five elements. Later added was the Moshuh Nanren, The Secret Shadow Warrior system of China. The combined elements created Hwa Rang Mul Sul and made them a nearly indestructible legion of Men. “Death follows the scent of flowers.”

五行 Element : Fire

喜歡 Ons :Hot sultry moments, overwhelming passion, little bunnies trembling cutely.
反感 Offs :Anything gross

高度 Height :5'2”
个子 Build : Lithe and graceful with a generous decolletage

描写 Description :Dark mysterious eyes that dance with amusement or darken with rage. Their depths hold secrets and swirl with mischief. She has pouty lips that are sweet for kisses or smirk with knowing. Her smile can light up a room or make you shiver from the cold. Her beauty is ethereal as if her skin is powdered with crushed pearls. Her movements are liquid as if she is always in an eternal dance. Her long dark hair is lustrous and soft.

个性 Personality :Chun-hyang can be like night and day. She is quick to laugh and forgive those she cares for and just as likely to take down those who would harm those she loves. She has soft spots for the helpless but can be cold and ruthless and willing to manipulate an outcome in anyway as long as the end result is justice. She is mysterious and haughty as a persona but she will always be on the side of the true and good.

传记 Story: Born into the royal Korean court as the princess of the Third Queen of Goryeo, the darkside of court politics endangered her life. Her mother, unwilling to allow her daughter or unborn son to be killed by the jealous First and Second Queens because they were childless, gave seven year old Chun-hyang into the care of her faithful Hwa Rang Captain.

Kim Wa-na took the child and under cover of night, fled the high court on the eve of the Lunar New Year. Hiding in plain sight in the midst of the Kisaeang of Jinju, he sought sanctuary and protection from his grandmother rumored to be a Wonwha. She now lived as a haengsu training future kisaeng for nobles. As the old woman was nearly untouchable for her reputation and the indignity of a royal princess being in the care of courtesans, the disguise was perfect.

As it was dangerous for Chun-hyang to come out hiding, Chun-hyang trained among the other courtesans and became sought after for her talents in Geommu, sword dancing. This training was mostly a cover for her other more secretive training of Hwa Rang Mul Sul given by her teachers, Kim Wa-na and Madame Lotus.

Chun-hyang was devastated to hear of the death of her mother at the other Queens hands and enraged to hear that the First Queen was now controlling the Destiny of the prince and heir, her brother. The power of the Queens was too great and she trained harder for now she would bide her time and gain the fame she needed to gain audience at the royal court and hopefully her brother's ear.
For now, Chun-hyang must gain fame and notoriety and performing her elegant sword dance for the Lord Chiang and gain the prestige she would need to become who she needed to put her on the path of Justice.

I am working on it, I swear!

Crash

Dhi is still accepting characters, though I think this is a made up fantasy world so the references to Korea and China may need to change to protect the innocent. ;)

She is very cool though and I love the picture.  She looks so dainty yet is a Kung fu bad ass.

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."

Dhi

It's true that we're using a fantasyfied amalgam, so Korean place and people names may be too on the nose. If we get too specific, then we run into issues with location and time period being incompatible between characters, and getting too archaic with history and references most people won't understand. Chun-hyang is otherwise fantastic and I love the amount of authentic detail. If you change the references to real world people and places, I'll happily approve her.

VonDoom

This looks rather interesting. I have rough ideas for a bandit character ... or one that actually counts among the hungry ghosts. Would that be viable or should the characters all be living mortals?
Now this is the Law of the Jungle-
as old and as true as the sky;
And the Wolf that shall keep it may  prosper,
but the Wolf that shall break it must die.

-Rudyard Kipling, "The Law of the Jungle"
O&O

Dhi

Just human characters. A bandit is definitely doable, though. Something in the style of Dark Cloud?

Florence

... very interested, this is very relevant to my interests.

If you could only see how many gigs of Shaw Brothers movies I have on my hard drive right now. Or my DVDs of classics like 36th Chamber of Shaolin and Five Deadly Venoms. Or the fact that two of my all time favorite video games are Jade Empire and Shenmue. Or how many times I've watched Ip Man and Ip Man 2 on Netflix. xD

Any objection to a character loosely inspired by Lian Nichang from the novel Baifa Monü Zhuan?

Rundown of the character, raised by wolves, badass kung fu vigilante, merciless. She's known as the White Haired Demoness.

If that's okay, then I'm so faceclaiming Li Bingbing playing her in The Forbidden Kingdom if no one else has.

O/O: I was going to make a barebones F-list as a rough summary, but then it logged me out and I lost my progress, so I made a VERY barebones F-list instead: Here.

VonDoom

Hmm, that's a shame, A Chinese Ghost Story was always one of my favorites. Ah well, I'll see about drafting up a character. Couldn't tell you about whether she'd be similar to Dark Cloud, though, my recollection of Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon is hazy.

If you're familiar with Strange Hero Yi Zhi Mei (The Vigilantes in Masks) or the work it's based on (or other TV interpretations thereof), I suppose an approximation might be somewhat of a mix between Chai Hu (the ... well, actually, he is a bandit) and Yan Sanniang (the master thief).

@Florence I assume that's the novel The Bride With White Hair is based on?

O&O

Dhi

Baifa Monu Zhuan is one of my favorites, I loved the idea that white hair comes from closing one's heart to love. The current characters are using illustrations, but if you'd like to use a real model that's alright by me.

I bought Jade Empire on Steam a few weeks ago after not quite finishing it ten years ago. Either it's harder than I remember or I'm terrible at video games now, I pretty much just died repeatedly on the first real fight and gave up.

Nowherewoman

The beach scene?  it's a Pita at first, if that's the one you mean.

Hmmm...I note there isn't really an assassin-style clan.  Any possibility of adding a fifth style/clan?  I don;t DO chivalry ;D  Though I suppose that would be kinda out-of-genre.
My eyes are a window to the storm that's getting close.

more me here now!  (O/Os, ideas and junk): https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=215830.0

and mea culpas  (A/As): https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=221151.0

Dhi

That's the one.

The four styles put forward are just the most prevalent. Feel free to adopt other styles from Wuxia or invent your own, as long as you can give us a paragraph or so describing what they're all about. Just keep in mind we're going for a whimsical and sexy tone when thinking about how your assassin operates and how she fits into the world.

Crash

Yeah I fully intend to stick to the whimsical and sexy theme.

Nowherewoman

The important thing in that fight is to KEEP moving.  Don't try to defeat any opponent at ALL in a stand-up fight- the cannon will mow you down, or you'll get mobbed. Hit and run.

The problem is an assassin doesn't really hew very closely to the code of xia. Or, really, at all, being all about money and fear and power.

Unless, perhaps, she has disavowed her clan...hmmm. Let me do a little research.

more me here now!  (O/Os, ideas and junk): https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=215830.0

VonDoom

What do you think of using this image as character inspiration?

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

@Nowherewoman I don't think anything in the Code of Xia or the Jianghu prevents acting as an assassin -- provided she only takes jobs targeting fellow martial artists and is not excessively cruel (outside of personal grievances). A 'slay all evil' type assassin sect rather than the classic image of the unscrupulous poison-murderer?

O&O

Crash

Nowherewoman

Actually, I'm working on a thought that involves a sort of clan like the Fraternity in Wanted- a clan that sought out corrupt officials and warlords and killed them despite their guards. But, as in the  movie, over the years, they devolved to killers-for-hire.  MC is a throwback, a believer in the Clans' old code, and defects when she is ordered to kill a young man over a simple monetary debt.

Something like that.  I've got the basic styles and techniques down, just working on some history and symbolism.

Nowherewoman

OK, how's this, Dhi?

Bǎi bìng xié (One Hundred Evils)

Taking its name from the proverb 'One Justice can overcome one hundred Evils', this clan began its existence as a sort of 'court of last resort', hunting down and slaying corrupt officials and powerful bandits and warlords who were, for whatever reason, immune to official legal channels.  Over the generations, alas, the Bǎi bìng xié have declined, as do all mortals, until now they are little more than a collection of mercenaries and assassins-for-hire. It is rumored, however, that a small handful of the clan remain true to its tenets:

The visage of Justice cannot be hidden: no true member of One Hundred Evils will make any attempt watsoever to hide their identity, by mask, disguise, or other means.

The eyes of the Accused must see the face of the Judge: Bǎi bìng xié will not used ranged weapons of any sort, believing death from a distance to be cowardly and unjust. They will use only bare hands, or small hand weapons (daggers, ring blades, claws) in battle.

Justice without Mercy is no Justice: The Bǎi bìng xié have refined certain techniques of both Snake and Leopard styles, concentrating on crippling and stunning techniques so that death may be as quick and painless as possible.

Dhi