News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Zombieland/World War Z group roleplay (EX)

Started by KeyOfTwilight, October 03, 2009, 12:04:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KeyOfTwilight

Since my last roleplay didn't seem to take off due to some reasons, I've decided to try my luck at something more general.

Six months ago, a man, torn up ragged, walked into a hospital.  Within the next two days, the entirety of the hospital contracted a fatal disease, and then reanimated.  With hundreds infected, the rate of spread was inevitable, and the good ole' US of A was overrun by zombies.  Estimated 87% of the population was turned, and although that much doesn't still exist, the nation is pretty much hell on earth.  You either survive, or you don't.  Rumors run wild about safe zones, places where there are no Zombies.  Some say it's west, some say east, some south, some north, no one can quite agree.  All they do know is that between them and safety is millions of flesh craving walking dead. 
No one quite knows either if the rest of the world is overrun as well.  No communications have gone on between the US and other countries since the outbreak, though it is generally accepted that Canada and South America fell due to their connection to the mainland US. 

So here is how it goes.  You're a survivor.  You survived because you learned to be smart, you learned to look out for yourself.  Whether its a shovel, or a shotgun, you know how to kill the walking dead, whether it makes you sick or you revel in it, well that's another story.  The story starts in Texas, at the Alamo Memorial.  You and a few other survivors meet up, purely coincidence.  Some of you don't trust the others, some of you do, all of you want to survive.  You group up, because it's smarter, right? 

What happens?  Do you look for Zombie free lands?  Do you search for loved ones?  Do you try to settle down?  Or do you just try to kill every walking dead you can before one of them bites and turn you?  It's up to you, your group, and your will to survive.

The only thing certain: Heads will roll.

So, I'm looking for maybe 4-5 players, maybe more if it's popular enough.  You're all normal humans, ages varying from 16-whatever.  Your professions vary, though no secret service, special ops, etc.  You're civilian, or at most low level military or police.  Your weapons are whatever you can find, whatever kills a zombie (Aim for the head!)  If you're intrested, go ahead, post the usual profile (General info, background, personality, image.)  I'll have a character for myself up soon enough. 

Just remember rule 1: Zombies die from a blow to the head, something enough to destroy the brain.  Just in case, remember to double Tap.  Two blows makes sure it's dead.

Rachubka

Heeee, you just opened a can of worms for me. I looooove zombies. I have a feeling you were inspired by a certain movie coming out today. I could've watched it, but was feeling siiiiick. Sooooo, I'm stating my interest and hope that a spot is still open in the morning when I wake up! :O

KeyOfTwilight

I'll hold you a spot ^^  And yes I saw Zombieland tonight XD thus the two tap reference.

Kaiten

.... I don't know what to say... I'm naming my first child "KeyOfTwilight"... Well maybe not, it doesn't roll off the tongue, but I'd like to be a part of this!

KeyOfTwilight

XD type up a character ^^ As soon as we have enough, I'll start up the OOC and IC thread, but keep the recruitment open still.

Craz

I have an objection...Rule Number One isn't the double tap. :P Rule #1 is Cardio. Rule number TWO is the double tap. :P Oh, and I would love to have a role in this. :)

kckolbe

I have to admit some interest as well, and will work on a character
Ons/Offs  A/A  Oath of the Drake
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Buffy: The Vampire Slayer(IC#2)
Intro Thread

KeyOfTwilight

Quote from: Craz on October 04, 2009, 07:41:03 PM
I have an objection...Rule Number One isn't the double tap. :P Rule #1 is Cardio. Rule number TWO is the double tap. :P Oh, and I would love to have a role in this. :)
Yes, but we'll have a new set of rules, lol, that was just his.  Ours is #1: Double Tap.  the rest will remain to be seen.

MagicalPen

I'll sign up for this - loved the book World War Z and generally anything involving zombies of some sort.

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

Looking/Available for New Games

KunoichiRogue5

"You will obey the darkness, and aid your new master."
-Daigotsu

O/Os

Xearts

I was rated as a Z+ on the Zombie Survival Test, wonder how that'll translate. I'm in.
O/Os

Emotions blind us. Passions corrupt us. Adoration brings only pain. But I wouldn't trade a moment of my pain, corruption, and blindness for all the peace and tranquility in the world. After all, how boring does that sound?

KeyOfTwilight

Well then, Ladies and Gentlemen, Send me profiles via PM, and Ill get our character thread made ^^

Insight

Have room for one more? I was thinking an old geezer that fought in Vietnam. Acts a hell of a lot younger than his age.
"I doubt, therefore I think, therefore I am"

My Desires: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=159468.0

On and Off Thread

KeyOfTwilight

Dont give a damn how many we get as long as people post ^^  That, and its easy to get rid of a characdter if someone has to quit for any reason XD

[size=8]EDIT: Images for characters helps![/size]

Xearts

I hate to ask, but could you put up a template, or give us an example of a character? I'm not sure what you'd want for our characters, otherwise.
O/Os

Emotions blind us. Passions corrupt us. Adoration brings only pain. But I wouldn't trade a moment of my pain, corruption, and blindness for all the peace and tranquility in the world. After all, how boring does that sound?

KeyOfTwilight

Name:
Sexuality:
Background:
Appearance (With Image):
Skills:
Profession:

Xearts

O/Os

Rachubka

KeyOfTwilight

Mathim

I've actually seen the movie, and for the record, the plague has indeed spread internationally; remember when Tallahassee said he was zombie-killer of the week, but he actually wasn't, it was a woman from the U.K? Therefore no overseas aid will ever come. Just wanted to make that known in case anyone might have been banking on help coming.

Secondly, would people be using codenames/names of cities instead of their real names like in the movie? I think that would be more fun than using real names.
Considering a permanent retirement from Elliquiy, but you can find me on Blue Moon (under the same username).

KeyOfTwilight

We can work that in I think.  What does everyone else think on that?

Mathim

And are these the running or walking zombies? They better not be the spiderman zombies from the new Day of the Dead, though. That was going a little too far.
Considering a permanent retirement from Elliquiy, but you can find me on Blue Moon (under the same username).

KeyOfTwilight

These are more of your atypical zombies.  While in Zombieland they were more like infected humans, and not true undead, these are true undead, and thus, are susceptible to the typical decay of bodily tissue, muscle degradation,  etc.

Ixy

--just chiming in here, expressing interest.  I sent a concept last week, hope it was workable.

I'm fine with the nickname idea, just to preserve a bit of the tone, and it sounds like your interpretation of the world is kind of a WWZ-type event, with shambling corpses and infection, but with the pulp feel and character-based group dynamics seen in Zombieland.

Anyway-- that's how it seemed when you described it, and it sounds really fun.  If there's anything I can do to help, please let me know.  Otherwise, I hope this 'takes off' and that I can take part if it does.

KeyOfTwilight

we have 3 profiles, just waiting for one or two more and ill start it up.