News:

Main Menu

League of Legends

Started by Aiden, May 22, 2011, 02:26:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Revelation

Quote from: Shjade on May 08, 2013, 02:55:59 PM
So...top lane brawler with a team-buff ult.

The whole 'Randomly appears to tip the odds in favor of those he allies with' does kinda scream jungler though. I mean thats their job description!

Shjade

True. Of course he wouldn't be the first champion to do both.
Theme: Make Me Feel - Janelle Monáe
◕/◕'s
Conversation is more useful than conversion.

apygoos

iirc, jungler tank was the next goal, i think it was mentioned by Morello passively in an old red post

SinXAzgard21

I really thought my new account was going to be for ranked.. Then I played some classic SR games and pretty much said fuck it ARAM only.
If you know me personally, you know how to contact me.

Shjade

Quote from: SinXAzgard21 on May 10, 2013, 11:50:01 PM
I really thought my new account was going to be for ranked.. Then I played some classic SR games and pretty much said fuck it ARAM only.

That's the spirit! =D
◕/◕'s

Kaedia

Picked back up doing ranked after my amazing (and once in a lifetime) winning streak that got me into Silver One. It's going to be a long climb to gold. In Silver Two I was getting around 20 league points per game on average. Now in Silver One I'm getting between three and five per win and losing two or three. I'm up to fifteen right now so I'm making progress but as Nautilus would say...

The endless march...

In other news I don't know why but I feel like role playing something in the League universe... maybe I'll craft up a short story or something... hmmmm...
[Absences and Apologies] -- [1/0 - Preferences] -- [Requests and Ideas] -- [YIM/Email/PM Requests]
My Status:
Open.
◄ The mark is a part of me, but it does not define me ►

apygoos

be happy its silver, and not bronze 5 ive eben bouncing between bronze 5 and 4 all season so far. at this point about 20% of my games have been promotional matches. the latest trend for me has been getting grouped with the trolls and DCers. I thought i would at least be in silver by now but i think im damned to be in elo hell [though i hear that silver is still prety much just as bad as bronze.]. This game cant decide. sometimes when i win, i get 20 LP, others i get 12 LP. sometimes when i lose though i lose as much as 22 LP. system is so screwy..

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: apygoos on May 11, 2013, 01:30:11 PM
be happy its silver, and not bronze 5 ive eben bouncing between bronze 5 and 4 all season so far. at this point about 20% of my games have been promotional matches. the latest trend for me has been getting grouped with the trolls and DCers. I thought i would at least be in silver by now but i think im damned to be in elo hell [though i hear that silver is still prety much just as bad as bronze.]. This game cant decide. sometimes when i win, i get 20 LP, others i get 12 LP. sometimes when i lose though i lose as much as 22 LP. system is so screwy..

How much LP you win or lose is actually based on your MMR. 

Kaedia

Quote from: SinXAzgard21 on May 11, 2013, 05:56:40 PM
How much LP you win or lose is actually based on your MMR.

Yeeeeeeps. Your hidden MMR dictates how much lovely LP you get. When you are where the MMR says you should be then your LP gains drops massively. Also when in division one you usually gain less LP as a way to throttle you from being able to jump into another league since you can't be demoted from a league like you can a division. As Phreak has phrased it, "It's to ensure you really deserve it."
[Absences and Apologies] -- [1/0 - Preferences] -- [Requests and Ideas] -- [YIM/Email/PM Requests]
My Status:
Open.
◄ The mark is a part of me, but it does not define me ►

apygoos

im aware how its suppsoed to work.
but being sutck down here in bronze 5-4 the whole time, im pretty convinced that these parts of brozne are filled with one of two types: trolls/toxic players, or half decent players like myself who are stuck  here thanks to our "hidden elo"

Revelation

Quote from: apygoos on May 08, 2013, 10:40:34 PM
iirc, jungler tank was the next goal, i think it was mentioned by Morello passively in an old red post

This was probably ZAC, who is both a jungler and was designed as a disruptive tanky type.

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: apygoos on May 11, 2013, 06:14:58 PM
im aware how its suppsoed to work.
but being sutck down here in bronze 5-4 the whole time, im pretty convinced that these parts of brozne are filled with one of two types: trolls/toxic players, or half decent players like myself who are stuck  here thanks to our "hidden elo"

Welcome to League of Legends.  Where if you can't 1v5 a game you're not good enough.... Well that is how the community feels.  Honestly your best bet is to team up with people.

apygoos

its kidna messed up cause lately ive been getting silvers in my games to whic h my responce is "why am i not in silver then if im fighting them" I i have no problem with fighting someone better than me, its how you learn sometimes. its just disheartening i was hoping to at least be in silver by now, perhaps halfway to gold, but alas, no such luck. ah well, enough about my silly ranekd problems, how about that Quantic gaming?

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: apygoos on May 12, 2013, 01:21:30 AM
its kidna messed up cause lately ive been getting silvers in my games to whic h my responce is "why am i not in silver then if im fighting them" I i have no problem with fighting someone better than me, its how you learn sometimes. its just disheartening i was hoping to at least be in silver by now, perhaps halfway to gold, but alas, no such luck. ah well, enough about my silly ranekd problems, how about that Quantic gaming?

If you're getting silvers in your games then either their MMR has dropped hella low, or your MMR is higher than normal. 

SinXAzgard21

Well decided that I am going to start practicing jungle tomorrow, in bot games of course.  Got a lot of jungle choices, Mundo, Fiddle, Hecarim, Kha'Zix, Lee Sin, Yi, Olaf, Shaco, Trundle. 

apygoos

Quote from: SinXAzgard21 on May 12, 2013, 03:07:11 AM
Well decided that I am going to start practicing jungle tomorrow, in bot games of course.  Got a lot of jungle choices, Mundo, Fiddle, Hecarim, Kha'Zix, Lee Sin, Yi, Olaf, Shaco, Trundle.
Nasus, hecarim, volibear, J4. all the jungles youll need
Naut is seeinga rise in popularity lately too and is a decent jungler.
Kha, lee, diana ,and zed are all really good assassin jungles

Shjade

And I wouldn't recommend you try jungling with Fiddles until later. He's...awkward. Very frail as junglers go, prone to getting counter-jungled since his first clear is kinda slow and mana-dependent, doesn't have much in the way of gap-closing outside of his ult which can make it harder to properly position for consistent ganks...

He's not bad, but he's harder to make effective than a lot of other good options.
◕/◕'s

SinXAzgard21

I've been practicing Hecarim in bots.  I'm only doing it to get my routes down, and learn my timers.  Ganking I feel can only be worked on and improved in an actual pvp game.

apygoos

@ ~7 minutes your blue should respawn, keep in mind for aggressive play however, the enemy blue likely respawns at the same time as well. buff denial can be huge. also, always buy a ward on every big back you make. drop that ward off around a struggling lane, or around one of the enemy buffs

SinXAzgard21

Guess I can't even practice jungling in the fucking game... Gotta take my buffs.   I think it is time to uninstall this game.

Chris Brady

Master Yi is a BEAST.  When I can get two triple kills, almost solo and laggy as hell in an ARAM, with nothing but Life Steal and Attack Speed (With a Hydra's weapon thingy for AoE splash damage, baby where have you been all my life?), there's something wrong.
My O&Os Peruse at your doom.

So I make a A&A thread but do I put it here?  No.  Of course not.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: Chris Brady on May 12, 2013, 11:20:55 PM
Master Yi is a BEAST.  When I can get two triple kills, almost solo and laggy as hell in an ARAM, with nothing but Life Steal and Attack Speed (With a Hydra's weapon thingy for AoE splash damage, baby where have you been all my life?), there's something wrong.

AP yi is so much more destructive in ARAM.

Shjade

Quote from: Chris Brady on May 12, 2013, 11:20:55 PM

The "something wrong" in that case most likely being "the enemy team is terrible."

Seriously, if they're getting torn up by just attack speed Hydra Yi, they're doing it wrong. One chain vest slows that train down hard.

AP Yi, on the other hand...actually MR and a healthy HP pool makes him a sad panda, too. Yi is basically the most monstrous cleanup machine in the game (more so than Kat, I'd argue, though it'd be a tough argument), but if he can't get that first kill, or if only one person is low, then...he kinda doesn't get much accomplished most of the time. Even maxed-build glass cannon AD Yi (which IS more deadly than maxed-out AP Yi simply because he can burn through harder targets than his AP variant can, given a couple of seconds to wail on them) outright loses 1v1 against a well-built Darius, or most tanky dps types if they get a Thornmail to compliment their tanky kit. Anything he can't kill quickly tends to be something he doesn't want to try to kill at all.
◕/◕'s

Chris Brady

Quote from: Shjade on May 12, 2013, 11:54:36 PM
The "something wrong" in that case most likely being "the enemy team is terrible."

I don't have that sort of luck, and I actually did pretty decent on a second team with him (yay for doubles of the same roll for champions!)  Same build, mostly life steal, attack speed and that hydra weapon, capped.  Which I think has a step after the 'hydra' name thing.

I'm taking a break from it.  Losing streaks suck.
My O&Os Peruse at your doom.

So I make a A&A thread but do I put it here?  No.  Of course not.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

Shjade

Not sure what you mean about capping a step after hydra. Hydra builds out of Tiamat, which does the same thing but doesn't have the lifesteal and has less damage.

I hope you're also getting crit in those builds.
◕/◕'s