The movie, Taken *Caution, might be spoilers*

Started by Aragem, February 04, 2009, 11:19:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aragem

Greenthorn

Ummm is it a newer movie?  What's it about?

*too lazy to look it up*

Oniya

According to the trailers (so no real spoilers here), the teen-aged daughter of a 'preventer' ('What did you prevent?'  'Bad things from happening.') gets kidnapped while on vacation in Paris.  The father tells the kidnappers that he doesn't have any money, but if they don't give her back, he will hunt them down and kill them.  Needless to say, they don't.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Valerian

I reviewed this one last weekend, actually.   :D  It's really hard to go wrong with Liam Neeson.  *nods*
"To live honorably, to harm no one, to give to each his due."
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Aysleen

Saw it last Saturday...Liam Neeson is my new hero!!  Totally cool movie.
Ons and Offs
* I can't explain myself, I'm afraid, Sir, because I'm not myself you see.
*We're all mad here.
* If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is,
because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary wise, what is, it wouldn't be.
And what it wouldn't be, it would. You see?
*Curiouser and curiouser.

Aragem

Preventer actually means he's a spy for the goverment or special ops.  Deep undercover government missions.  Meaning that the kidnappers get more than they bargain for when they kidnap his daughter.

Oniya

I figured it was a euphemism for something like that.  Kind of like if James Bond or Jason Bourne had a kid, it wouldn't be healthy to kidnap her either.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Liam

consortium11

I thought it was good, but not as great as it was hyped to be. A lot of people were calling it the future of action thrillers in a post-Bourne Era. Personally I thought it used some pretty sweet action to cover up a substandard plot (even for an action-thriller) and a good Neeson performance to make up for some slightly shoddy action in other scenes.

But still, definately a cool movie.

Scott

I was going to see "Underworld Rise Of The Lycans" tomorrow, but now I think I might wait and go see "Taken" first.

Sultrynets

I went to see Taken tonight... It was amazing! I have never been attracted to Liam Neeson really, but... he was so sexy in this movie.  I have to say I was on the edge of my seat the entire time thinking "Go Liam go!!!"
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td][/tr][/table]

consortium11

Has it only just come out in the US?

It was released about 6 months ok in the UK.

Scott

Quote from: consortium11 on February 06, 2009, 02:38:58 AM
Has it only just come out in the US?

It was released about 6 months ok in the UK.

It was released Jan 30th in the US.

consortium11

Ah, ok... was quite surprised by the sudden interest in an "old" new movie.

Aragem

I will admit that it had a pretty simple plot.  Man's daughter kidnapped.  Man goes out after her. 

But still, I love the idea of a kid or parent being kidnapped or put in danger and the parent/kid goes out to rescue them.

Also, I love the idea of gangsters, or bad guys tangling with civilians and getting more than they bargain for.

Aysleen

Quote from: Scott on February 06, 2009, 01:22:38 AM
I was going to see "Underworld Rise Of The Lycans" tomorrow, but now I think I might wait and go see "Taken" first.

I've seen both, and personally would see Taken first.
Ons and Offs
*We're all mad here.
* If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is,
because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary wise, what is, it wouldn't be.

Scott

Quote from: Aysleen on February 06, 2009, 09:12:07 AM
I've seen both, and personally would see Taken first.

Thats just what I'll do then... maybe i can sneak into the other one after taken is over and not have to buy a ticket :)

Aysleen

Quote from: Scott on February 06, 2009, 11:58:28 AM
Thats just what I'll do then... maybe i can sneak into the other one after taken is over and not have to buy a ticket :)

Oooh...I'd never think of doing that...nope, not me...

Ons and Offs
*We're all mad here.

Scott

FINALLY SAW IT!!! It was pretty good... the auction scene would make a good start to a game.

Hyde

I would have to admit. That was in my opinion one of the best movies I have seen all year. Being an avid movie goer I was very impressed. I'll certainly purchase it when it comes out on DvD
"I am the chief of sinners"

On/Offs