O/O V2 Having issues

Started by Kandy, March 26, 2010, 01:58:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kandy

It doesn't let me change what my O/O V2 profile says. Right now it says "New to the adult RP experience so I'm just exploring everything to see what I like and dislike." Whenever I try to delete that and write something else, when I hit submit, it just pops right back up again instead of changing to what I wanted it to be.

Caeli

I don't typically handle the technical aspects of the site, but I would first suggest that you clear your browser's cookies and try again.

Also, which browser and browser version are you using?
ʙᴜᴛᴛᴇʀғʟɪᴇs ᴀʀᴇ ɢᴏᴅ's ᴘʀᴏᴏғ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴀᴛ ʟɪғᴇ
ᴠᴇʀʏ sᴇʟᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇʟʏ ᴀᴠᴀɪʟᴀʙʟᴇ ғᴏʀ ɴᴇᴡ ʀᴏʟᴇᴘʟᴀʏs

ᴄʜᴇᴄᴋ ❋ ғᴏʀ ɪᴅᴇᴀs; 'ø' ғᴏʀ ᴏɴs&ᴏғғs, ᴏʀ ᴘᴍ ᴍᴇ.
{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ᴄʜᴏᴏsᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴏᴡɴ ᴀᴅᴠᴇɴᴛᴜʀᴇ: ᴛʜᴇ ғɪғᴛʜ sᴄʜᴏʟᴀʀʟʏ ᴀʀᴛ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ
»  ᴘʟᴏᴛ ʙᴜɴɴɪᴇs × sᴛᴏʀʏ sᴇᴇᴅs × ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ɪɴsᴘɪʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴs

Oniya

If it were a cookie issue, wouldn't that mean that other people would see the new text while Kandy was still seeing the older, stored info?

Because, if so, I am still seeing her older text, and I've never visited her O/Os before now.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Caeli

*shrugs* I've no clue. I didn't claim to have the answer.

Sometimes it's just a temporary glitch that resolves itself; I do recall somebody else having a similar problem.

{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ

Vekseid

I still haven't been able to get much of a diagnosis of this, unfortunately. I might have to strip the bbcode helpers out of the page to make sure it works for everyone : /

Caeli

If it's the BBCode helpers that are glitchy, perhaps you can (temporarily) make it into a two-step process? Have one page where you can work out the BBCode and what, and then allow the user to generate the code to paste into the O&Os.

Since that would make it about two or three times more complicated a process, though, do you know how many people are having this problem?

{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ

Kandy

@_@ I have no idea what any of this technical mumbo jumbo means. *dizzy with confusion*

Vekseid

Quote from: Kandy on March 26, 2010, 10:33:51 AM
@_@ I have no idea what any of this technical mumbo jumbo means. *dizzy with confusion*

Sorry. Are you using Firefox? Does it occur in other browsers?

Kandy

I'm using internet explorer, I don't have any other browser I don't think. *runs to check* nope.