News:

Main Menu

Who cosplay?

Started by Funguy81, March 20, 2013, 09:33:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: Oniya on March 25, 2013, 07:18:40 PM
Mr. Oniya is currently threatening to work up a Dalek cosplay to balance out the abundance of 9th, 10th, and 11th Doctors that we saw this weekend.

WE ARE THE DALEK!
If you know me personally, you know how to contact me.

Chris Brady

Given my physical shape, if I were to cosplay, and say, Doctor Who, I'd go as the TARDIS.
My O&Os Peruse at your doom.

So I make a A&A thread but do I put it here?  No.  Of course not.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

Funguy81

Personally I wish I could go as an Arc trooper, but I do not have the skill to piece together armor. I wouldn't even know the first step.

Ephiral

Quote from: Funguy81 on March 25, 2013, 11:57:13 PM
Personally I wish I could go as an Arc trooper, but I do not have the skill to piece together armor. I wouldn't even know the first step.
For me, step 1 was "have an experienced friend who will hold your hand through the entire process if it means her heavy-armour group gets an Iron Man or a Rescue". I'd point you in the right direction, but... I can't seem to find any patterns for ARC armor that people aren't charging for.

SweetSerenade

My 'Lady' cosplay, medieval style outfit, is off the roster for my cosplays, for awhile. It needs modifications. I've begun the process on working on a few more of my original character concepts, hopefully they go over well.

Bakemono Shiki RP(Lovely Siggy Layout is thanks to Amaris)

Oniya

Quote from: Funguy81 on March 25, 2013, 11:57:13 PM

Start with cardboard.  I saw some fabulous armor this weekend that was cardboard and colored duct tape.  Since cardboard is cheap and easily attainable, you can go with the 'cut away everything that doesn't look like a shin guard' technique.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Ephiral

Quote from: Oniya on March 26, 2013, 06:57:57 AM
Start with cardboard.  I saw some fabulous armor this weekend that was cardboard and colored duct tape.  Since cardboard is cheap and easily attainable, you can go with the 'cut away everything that doesn't look like a shin guard' technique.
This, pretty much. Go-to beginner materials are cardboard or thin foam rubber sheets. If you want a cardboard costume to last a long time, though, you'll need to learn to work with fiberglass resin. I'm going with foam for my first armour, but I'm lucky enough to have a good pattern.  (I'd recommend poking around the RPF or the 501st - the former is loaded with general tips and tricks, and the latter is focused on clone army builds in particular.)

Aleph

While, I haven't cosplayed, I have a cousin who does an amazing Poison Ivy. Were I to do so myself, I'd love to do either the David Tennant Doctor Who or an escapee from one of the Vaults from Fallout. Could be fun to make a Vault 108 or 77 jumpsuit, just to see who twitches when they remember what happened there....

SinXAzgard21

To those who plan to make armor and what not I bring you this...

http://www.tamasoft.co.jp/pepakura-en/
If you know me personally, you know how to contact me.

Ephiral

Yeah, Pepakura is the standard in armour design. It's what I'll be using for my Rescue.

Moraline

Anyone go to WonderCon this weekend? OMG, you guys and your Cosplays are so awesome. I was so jealous of all the creativity and amazing craftiness put into them.  <3

I luv you all, just so awesome. Never stop doing it!

It's only the 2nd Con I've ever been to and the first really big one. It was overwhelming there was so much to see and do. (I think I need some sort of like Anime character guidebook or something though. I had no idea who half the costumes were but they were still super amazing.)