Interest Check: Eclipse Phase

Started by Empyrean, June 14, 2014, 04:47:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Empyrean

Hi! I've been reading about Eclipse Phase lately and I was wondering if there was any interest here on E for getting a game going. I wouldn't be the GM as I've yet to actually play in the setting. I already have a character idea in mind if there's any interest and we can find a GM. :)

Crash

I'd be interested in a sandbox style game, but I am already running a game (not Eclipse Phase) here already so I would only be a player.

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."
Congratulations, you've unlocked Flirtatious Crash! - Envious

ChaoticSky

Huh, everyones crawling out of the woodwork. I am planning to run a game towards the end of Aug. EP is one of the three gamelines im considering, pending a IC to judge interest in the three lines. However its about a month too early to start that discussion, so for now ill add myself as a player (and note the names of anyone who shows interest here so i can poke you all later)

Empyrean

A sandbox game might be fun.

Also, there's a very good Eclipse Phase wiki out there for character creation: http://eclipse-phase.wikispaces.com/

With thanks to Carnival of the Goat for showing me to it in the past. :)

ReijiTabibito

Or, alternately, there's a handful of other things you can access...hey, Empyrean.  Been a while.  Not since that Scion game, right?  Well, what if I told you I have EP, and might be able to run your game for you...

Empyrean

ReijiTabibito

I've got a campaign I've been working on for a little while, plus a couple of pre- or during mini-arcs that we could follow.  It's you, Crash, and Darkling ATM, yes?

Empyrean

And anyone else who's interested. :)

I've started work on a character. A hyperelite socialite who's trying to find meaning beyond the party lifestyle but doesn't know what she wants to do or be.

ReijiTabibito

Right.  For sake of the campaign, I would ask that the party be limited to 4, maybe 5 Sentinels.  (Yes, this is a Firewall campaign.)  So, what we have now, plus another individual or two.

Also, does anyone need resources to make their character?  The EP website has an excellent character generator Excel spreadsheet - though it lacks the background/faction/morphs introduced in Transhuman - on hand, and since EP is made under the Creative Commons License, people are allowed to share resources (such as those, or books) without worrying about IP or copyright or anything like that.

Empyrean

I did PM Carnival yesterday since she's a big EP fan and I thought she might be interested.

Would they all have been working for Firewall before the adventure starts or would they be new sentinels that are recruited in-game?

ReijiTabibito

They'll have been working on Firewall since prior to this adventure - for this group, if we only get 4, I'm applying to character creation a set of rules I call 'Experienced Sentinel' creation.  If we get 5, we'll have the usual.  If it's just the 4 of you, you've done 2d5 missions for Firewall, if 5, then only 1d5.  Also, you will have other Firewall Sentinels in the group at certain points if you lack a certain attribute, background, or so on.

And before you go asking, this campaign will span pretty much the entire range of planets - Sunward, the Main Belt, Rimward, probably even a couple of exoplanets.

Empyrean

Okay. So I'll work into her background how she went from jaded dilettante to Firewall operative. :)

ReijiTabibito

Please do.  By the fact that she's a hyperelite, I assume she's Sunward?  Where abouts?

Empyrean

I'm not exactly certain. I haven't thought too deeply past her background. All I have for her so far is that she comes from the family of one of the gerontocrats, probably a younger child. Knew she wouldn't inherit the family fortune and before the Fall did typical spoiled rich kid/debutante/socialite stuff. I figured that seeing all the death and destruction during the Fall got to her, and later when she saw stories of the clanking masses trying to better themselves, she got to wondering where her own life was headed. I haven't actually come up with she wants to do, only that she wants to achieve fame and success on her own terms, not always in the shadow of her family.

I did have in mind that she was aboard Paradise, the luxury resort station in Earth orbit when the Fall happened. But other than that she is Sunward, I'm not exactly sure where yet. Though Elysium on Mars does sound interesting. I would need to refine the character more before I could tell you where exactly she is.

ReijiTabibito

Okay.  So Hyperelite Socialite, then?  Specializing in Culture and Media Ops and all that stuff?  Good sources of C & F-rep?

Emp, jump this over to PM to talk with me, leave the thread open for volunteers.

Crash

Sorry my interest lays more away from Firewall and more in a sandbox game.  Good luck with it though.  Eclipse phase is a fun game.

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."
Congratulations, you've unlocked Flirtatious Crash! - Envious

GloomCookie

Quote from: ReijiTabibito on June 15, 2014, 04:31:38 PM
Or, alternately, there's a handful of other things you can access...hey, Empyrean.  Been a while.  Not since that Scion game, right?  Well, what if I told you I have EP, and might be able to run your game for you...

*tugs on Reiji's sleeve*

Can I join it?  Please?
My DeviantArt

Ons and Offs Updated 9 October 2022

ReijiTabibito

Sure.  Got a character design in mind?

GloomCookie

Quote from: ReijiTabibito on June 16, 2014, 10:05:09 PM
Sure.  Got a character design in mind?
Yup yup!

Probably gonna spend a bit of time fleshing the character out and all, but then I'll be able to give lots more details.  I want to see what works first and what doesn't.

My DeviantArt

Ons and Offs Updated 9 October 2022

Muse

If you have time for me to get a grip on the game, and don't mind a newb, I'd be itnerested? 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

ReijiTabibito

Sure.  PM me, or Skype me, whichever way, so we can talk.

CarnivalOfTheGoat

My computer's been dead, sorry for not responding earlier Empyrean.

Tentative interest, presuming it isn't overloaded.

My O/Os. My A/As.
Games I seek:
Savage Worlds of My Little Pony <- Just what it says. Free supplement for SW. (Or any other MLP RP!!! :D)
Eclipse Phase <- Posthuman grit SF, open source, downloadable from their web site. VERY deep worldbuilding.
Cold City <- Espionage meets the Lovecraftian supernatural. Allies in post-war Berlin chasing down the results of secret Nazi experiments
a|state <- Post-apocalyptic sort-of-steampunk, sort-of-high tech roleplay in a massive, decaying, broken-down city-state.

ReijiTabibito

It's not.  And considering how slowly people have been trickling in to volunteer interest, I'm going to cut off recruiting for the story here.  4 people seems to be enough.  If anyone wants out, they can tell me and I'll free up their space, but I want to keep this moving.

Also, one other thing.  The character spreadsheet done by Kindalas does not cover the new backgrounds/factions/morphs from Transhuman.  This is true...for the most recent version.  An older version does allow for the creation of custom backgrounds/factions/morphs (IE, the Transhuman ones).  That being said, unless you can demonstrate to me that you can utilize the spreadsheet, I am limiting ONE of our four people to have access to the Transhuman backgrounds, factions, and morphs/

ChaoticSky

..Argh, i suppose that doesn't include me does it? Since i havnt been around  :-X

ReijiTabibito

You expressed interest earlier.  I just hadn't heard from you in a while, so I assumed you weren't interested anymore.  I still technically have space for 1 more player, to bring us up to 5.  But that doesn't extend beyond the group we have now - Darkling, Empyrean, Goat, Linna, and Muse.  If one of you drops out, but someone else wants in, then my answer is no.  If someone outside the 5 wants in, then the group will have to drop two people.

EDIT: Also, if it helps people narrow down their character concepts, the one character we've got solid right now is a Hyperelite Socialite who has the crew's legal, Inner System aspects covered as far as Rep and Networking.