H.P. Lovecraft's Arkham

Started by Ryven, September 30, 2010, 09:57:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ryven

I admit that I don't know that much about the Lovecraft universe, but I do think I am very interested in this.

H.P. Lovecraft's Arkham MMORPG Trailer

Oniya

Are there Sanity points?  No point in calling it Lovecraft if there isn't the danger of turning into a gibbering nut-case (or a glibbering Deep One!)
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Subltlepsycho

H.P. Lovecraft is one of my favorite authors, but I don't think I've ever heard of Arkham. Have either of you played the game Call of Cthulu for the original Xbox?
Scabs are great sources of iron.

Ryven

I have not.  I've seen the Call of Cthulhu movie which, I must say, was interesting and humorous.  Claymation Cthulhu rising out of the ocean to eat your face had me rolling on the couch laughing.

Quote from: Oniya on September 30, 2010, 10:19:37 AM
Are there Sanity points?  No point in calling it Lovecraft if there isn't the danger of turning into a gibbering nut-case (or a glibbering Deep One!)

It wouldn't be worth playing unless you could go crazy.  I hope they have something like that, but the movie only really shows concept art.  I'm not exactly sure of the mechanics at all.

Oniya

No Xbox here, but - how can you read Lovecraft and not have heard of Arkham ???  It's one of the iconic settings that he created, right up there with Innsmouth and Miskatonic University (even if he was never quite consistent about where in New England it was located).
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Subltlepsycho

Oniya. What can I say? I'm just spacey like that.
Scabs are great sources of iron.