Interest Check: Resident evil, Worldwide outbreak.

Started by Alexander, July 01, 2008, 02:35:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alexander

Just seeing if we have any fans of the Resident evil saga, that may be interested in a rather good sized game. I will make this a free form game, and RP in it as well with my own character, ((Though he will only show for short intervals before i place in GM posts.)) Kind of an enigma character. Now, there will be Erotic material, though im going to engineer it tastefully enough so that it doesnt seemed forced or out of place. VAN between characters that choose it to be, or NC in certain situations. Anyone wishing to know how can just ask and ill explain.

There would be 4 playable types of characters.

Soldiers

Civilians

Umbrella (Evil) Soldiers

Umbrella Scientists

the Civilians can be anything you choose, Doctors, nurse, waiter(tress) you get the idea. the soldiers of course are self explanatory. Now, the NC scenes you can pretty much figure would be soldiers, Good or bad that encounter a woman, and the men happen to be... well sexually starved. pretty easy right? and the evil ones, they do it because they can and well, who can stop them? the world has gone to hell, rape cases will matter to no one unless its another characters moral defense against the act.

This can turn into many things, survival and romance can develop along the way, for those who want it. Or course, the evil faction, can very well have characters that capture others for experiments. Given the range of things that can happen here, it would go into the extreme category.

Im hoping to have a good balance of male and female players, though YOU DO NOT HAVE TO KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT RESIDENT EVIL TO PLAY its merely a survival idea, and the resident evil aspects are only for reference, for those that know it or would like to have it. If i get enough interests, ill make Maps and such for people to see where everything is, a small town map if you will with places in it. really easy to do in paint. I want to add a bit of anchor to the game so people arent, if they take breaks form posting or cant post often, wondring where they are when they left off last. Ill keep a record of that myself, so i can be asked by any that need to know.

I hope to see some interests soon ;D

CrazEGrl

I up for this 100% I loved all the movies and all the fighting and carnage and just all the cool stuff lol :p

Just one question though are the soldiers like the regular soldiers or are they like the experimental ones???

Alexander

regular ones. Id like to keep all the players in the human range. though id talk it out with people if they wanted something else.

Atlus

When you say fan of the Resident Evil Saga, are you reffering to movies or games? I know knowledge of the RE universe is not required, I'm just trying to get a better feel for the planned setting.
How profound such profanity can be.

<a href="https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=16848.0" target="_blank">Ons and Offs</a>

Alexander

i want to stick to the archetype of the games and books. people, places, events and such. i didnt care for the movies much really.

Atlus

Quote from: Alexander on July 01, 2008, 11:07:52 PM
i want to stick to the archetype of the games and books. people, places, events and such. i didnt care for the movies much really.

I was hoping you'd say something like that. Count me in.

<a href="https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=16848.0" target="_blank">Ons and Offs</a>

Trinity

I'm interested in this one I think, I love Resident Evil (except the movies which made me want to weep) and have played all the games and have read a good chunk of the novels. When does this game take place is it in like Raccoon or a new setting? I think a new one might be better since we all know what happens in Raccoon hehe.

Le RandomBloke

Hot damn, is there still a spot open? I love the resident evil series! (Games, mind you!) Did I say love? I ment I adore them!

If so I feel like playing an Umbrella Soldier would be splendid. (Even if I'm really not the rape kind of guy, I can be a huge jack-ass just fine.)

"Give me all your true hate and I’ll translate it in our bed into never seen passion."

Alexander

Perfect. I have the people that i need to start it now.

Quote from: Trinity on July 02, 2008, 03:19:21 PM
I'm interested in this one I think, I love Resident Evil (except the movies which made me want to weep) and have played all the games and have read a good chunk of the novels. When does this game take place is it in like Raccoon or a new setting? I think a new one might be better since we all know what happens in Raccoon hehe.

yes, i was thinking someplace different. Raccoon would be a little too.... meh. i mean, love it, but its been done, so i was thinking someplace new. I always thought Las Vegas would be a perfect spot for disaster. Any takers for vegas? ;)

Quote from: RandomBloke on July 02, 2008, 03:32:50 PM
Hot damn, is there still a spot open? I love the resident evil series! (Games, mind you!) Did I say love? I ment I adore them!

If so I feel like playing an Umbrella Soldier would be splendid. (Even if I'm really not the rape kind of guy, I can be a huge jack-ass just fine.)

another lover of games. Excellent. and yes, an umbrella soldier would be good. we need at least one bad guy. Though i was thinking about making mine bad. ;)

Atlus

Quote from: Alexander on July 01, 2008, 02:35:25 PM
Now, there will be Erotic material, though im going to engineer it tastefully enough so that it doesnt seemed forced or out of place. VAN between characters that choose it to be, or NC in certain situations. Anyone wishing to know how can just ask and ill explain.

I'm asking. I just had an idea for a character but I need to know what restrictions we're working with.

Alexander

Quote from: Atlus on July 02, 2008, 04:06:12 PM
I'm asking. I just had an idea for a character but I need to know what restrictions we're working with.

kk, here is the small guideline im working on for characters.

Name:

Height:

Weight:

Distinguishing features:

General Appearance: (what cloths your wearing, hair color, ye color, stuff like that)

Carried Items: (Can have up to 10)

Brief history: (How they ended up here, other small bits of info.)

Ill post up a few weapons that soldiers and civilians can have access to. Though as per usual civilians wont have much, but during the roleplay they can search for them and the like. If the soldiers would want their things provided to them by me, since im ex military i can provide sensible stuff for use. ;) any other questions post em up. If not, then feel free to make your character.

And as for your question Atlus, can you elaborate on what you mean by restrictions?

Atlus

Now, there will be Erotic material, though im going to engineer it tastefully enough so that it doesnt seemed forced or out of place. VAN between characters that choose it to be, or NC in certain situations. Anyone wishing to know how can just ask and ill explain.

You said you'll be engineering the erotic material so that sex won't seem forced or out of place and stated that anyone who wished to know how this would be accomplished could just ask. I am asking. I've come up with a fairly evil character and I want to know what the limits of this game shall be. Let me ask this, do you see this going in NC or EX?

CrazEGrl

Name: Braidy Wallace

Height: 5'9

Weight: 120

Distinguishing features: She has a nice gorgeous ass and her boobs are a little on the big side :p Other then that not to much

General Appearance: http://shyft9.deviantart.com/art/Vanessa-Color-18336204

Carried Items: cell phone  & a swiss army knife and her baby aka her sword.  she doesn't carry much around

Brief history: Braidy ended up here because when everything changed she was at work and she was about to leave when she heard peoples screams and then she also heard gun fire, She wondered if he family and friends were ok and she had to get home so she broke a leg off of a chair and and held it in her hands. Braidy could protect herself pretty well, she was a good swords women and she wrestled on her high schools wrestling team so she could defend her self. She made her way about half way home and then she was approached by some soldiers and she thought they were just passing by and making sure everyone was ok but she was wrong. Right as she past one of them he grabbed her arm and went to put his arm around her throat but she wasn't going to let him. Braidy ducked kicked the soldier in the knee grabbed the arm that was holding her broke it and gave the soldier a hard kick to the stomach. Then the second soldier realized that it wasn't his friend beating up and raping her it was her beating his ass and thats when he pulled out his gun and aimed it at her. Braidy quickly put her right arm down to her side and then without batting a eye she flicked her wrist and threw her knife that was clipped to the waist band on her pants and made the other soldier fall to the ground with her knife in his throat. He tried to pull it out and did but it wasn't going to help him any, before she left the two she picked up her knife and stabbed the knocked out soldier in his crotch area and the stabbed him in the throat and mumbled.

"Looks like you won't be doing that again."

Braidy said as she ran the rest of the way to her house. Once inside she ran up to her room grabbed her sword and tried to call some friends to see if they were ok. None of her friends or family answered.

Alexander

Quote from: Atlus on July 02, 2008, 07:16:09 PM

You said you'll be engineering the erotic material so that sex won't seem forced or out of place and stated that anyone who wished to know how this would be accomplished could just ask. I am asking. I've come up with a fairly evil character and I want to know what the limits of this game shall be. Let me ask this, do you see this going in NC or EX?

Given the range of things that can happen, and some storyline that i have set up and things that would happen to certain people, i.e the way some would die and such other things, this will be in the EX section, and as such everything that entails that category can be done.

((One character made. :) ))

Atlus

Name: Martin Banister

Height: 6'2"

Weight: 280

Distinguishing features: Martin has a scar under his right eye.

General Appearance: Martin is six foot two and built like a linebacker. He has dark skin and pale brown eyes. He has no facial hair and a smooth bald head. He wears a black T shirt with the Jigglers Gentlemen's Club logo on the front and the word security on the back. He is wearing blue jeans, tucked into military style boots.

Carried Items: Wallet, Keys to Jiggler's, Brass Knuckles, Condoms, and Juicy Fruit chewing gum.

Brief history: Martin was a small time hood in his home town of Houston. When the heat there got to be to much trouble Martin packed his things and headed for greener pastures. In Vegas he found that a man skilled at beating the crap out of people would never want for work. After receiving several offers Martin chose to work at Jigglers Gentlemen's club. Not only was the view great, but it was also close to his apartment.

Atlus

Quote from: Alexander on July 02, 2008, 08:37:48 PM
Given the range of things that can happen, and some storyline that i have set up and things that would happen to certain people, i.e the way some would die and such other things, this will be in the EX section, and as such everything that entails that category can be done.

I noticed that you mentioned the section this game would appear in in your first post after I'd already asked. Oh well. I didn't end up using the character I'd thought of anyway.

CrazEGrl

o who is cool  :P :P :P :P

i am cool  :P :P :P :P

i was the 1st to make a character lol :p

Atlus

CrazEGrl

but thats nothing compared to being 1st :P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P

Atlus

:'( It's true, it's true.  :'(  Why didn't I post sooner. WHYYYY?!?

CrazEGrl

because my supreme coolness beat yours in a cage fight so I got first dibs :P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P

Le RandomBloke

Name: Brian

Height: 6'2"

Weight:183 lbs

Distinguishing features: Emerald green eyes.

General Appearance:

A fairly tall and broad man, wearing a gasmask and the standard Umbrella Corp (©) soldier uniform. He has light brown hair of medium length and an everlasting smirk on his face. (Should you see him with his gasmask off that is.)

Unknown

Carried Items:

On his back: An AWP sniper rifle.
Attached to his belt: two Five-seveN pistols, a single flashbang and a single grenade.
And some food rations.

Brief history:

Having both parents working in the militairy, it was almost natural for Brian to take the same route. Exceptionally skilled at sniping he got stationed at the special forces. Left the army and went to look for a more exciting career. Current whereabouts are unknown.

- Brian was deployed as sniper support for umbrella troops when the zombies started to grow larger in numbers.

I've been vague because I suspect not much is known about umbrella soldiers. Also if there are any issues about the weapons just tell me (Although I don't suspect them to hold too much power, since a sniper isn't particularly useful.)

"Give me all your true hate and I’ll translate it in our bed into never seen passion."

Atlus

So we have three players, a GM/player, and one more interested. Looking forward to this one.

HorusRe

It might take a little more time before I'm able to game, but I'd be willing to toss my hat in the ring.  I've got my own RE RPG site (that has been as dead as the the cast of the last movie since it's creation) and I've always loved zombie-based horror/adventure.  If you have the room and don't start too long before I'm open for play.  ;)  I've already got some character concepts I can rip out of the games I've played before.   ;D

- edit: And here's the character idea I'm working on currently.  Let me know if I should modify anything or pick someone else altogether.

Name: Sergeant Major David Moore

Height: 5’11” (180cm)

Weight: 189 lb. (85kg)

Distinguishing features: Large and colorful US:Rangers tattoo on his left bicep and shoulder.  With a UH-1 Iroquois 'Huey' helicopter flying in front of the American flag with a banner reading "Rangers lead the way" underneath.  Square and strong chin, hard hazel-blue eyes in a prematurely wrinkled face - looks like a seasoned vet.  Nearly perpetual 5-o'clock shadow.  Right handed.  Needs reading glasses for extended periods of reading.  Speaks with a distinct North Texan accent.

General Appearance: Caucasian, heavy musculature, stocky, brown hair in a military cut "flat top", traces of gray along his temples and all over in his facial hair, clear and intense hazel-blue eyes, wears khaki combat fatigues and a white tee shirt, combat boots with a high buff, always has a leatherman's style tool hanging off his belt, silver analog swiss-quartz wristwatch on his left forearm (gift from wife), army cover.

Occupation: Professional Soldier.  Ex-Army Ranger.  Currently working on special dispensation under a branch of the SOD.

Carried Items:
1 )MOLLE system
2 ) Colt SOCOM .45 semi-auto pistol (suppressor and silent operation, integral visible/IR spot-snap sight) in left horizontal shoulder holster
3 ) Glock “Baby” Model 26 9mmParabellum (standoff weapon) in right hip holster
4 ) FN P90 Personal Defense Weapon 5.7mmSpecial (suppressor and silent operation, snap scope) on combat sling
5 ) Bushmaster Tanto-style Military Combat Knife on right chest inverted vertical sheath
6 ) Rucksack for spare ammunition (whatever is allowable), canteen, MRE's, maps, compass, poncho, etc (again, whatever is allowable)
7 ) Leatherman's tool on belt
8 ) Wristwatch on left wrist

Brief history: David is on assignment for the SOD to investigate and contain an area of infection before it spreads.  Like many of his recent missions the operation is compartmentalized and labeled as a 'black operation'.  His presence is deniable and his mandate gives him full authority to detain/eliminate threats to the Republic.  David is career military, trained as Airborne Ranger, grandson of Lieutenant General Harold "Hal" Moore, and well decorated for his many years of service.  He is married (Allison Montgomery-Moore) and has two children (Mitchell and Cassandra) that all live in London.  He has promised his wife of some 12 years that this will be his last tour of duty before he retires to work as a civilian consultant in England.

Atlus