Rifts.

Started by Muse, January 13, 2006, 11:44:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Natalie C. Barney

Ok then are there any pre-generated characters? I don't have ICQ and am computer functional not more than that. Plus I don't download stuff if I'm not 100% ciomfortable doing so.

"Why should a woman dress like the enemy."
Natalie Clifford Barney

D&D Shadows & Shades: ~Yeskarra, Bard~
Serenity-Tales of the Chasseur ~Saranii Jannu, Registered Companion~

Celestial Goblin

I don't think there are pre-gens, though i do can generate one for you. Problem is, i'd rather have you at least take a glimpse at the world description and other things. I'll think about making a char for you, but would prefer to have your input. Installing MSN or ICQ is no big deal, and we can also discuss it on some chat or irc or something.

Zakharra

I added you to my ICQ CG.  ;D

Ajoxer

Jesus, mary and Joseph, you stole my luck, Siegried! Heh, that's an incredible stat-set you've got there- That puts your mental stats at basically incredible, and if you were to care to take the proper skills, she'd be as physically strong as my character...
I have a shock collar, designed for maximum Player/GM efficiency. If you see that I have not properly been fulfilling my duties in posting regularly, or a game being held back because I haven't posted, PM me and give me hell!

Siegfried

The light side has nothing to do with my luck.  *signs several papers and waves small demons away.*
The way I figure it, if I'm working for the CS, I might as well get use to seeing these little red guys a lot! :D

All kidding aside, I've never had a character with stats this high on single dice rolls alone.  Never.  It's always though skill selection or spending more CP's that reach this level.

Ajoxer

I can imagine, those rules are practically unreal. This character has superb mental stats... BUT S/HE'S NEITHER PRETTY NOR FAST, OF WHICH I AM BOTH!

I find it amusing that my Crazy can run- And I measured this- at a consistent speed of about 50 KM/h. And he's a hot tamale... Out of curiosity, do you suppose those bulging protrusions are standard order? I mean, you'd think there'd be a P.B. negative modifier or something, but no, Joseph can make the ladies line up with a snap of the finger, most of the time.

It'll be an amusing game.
I have a shock collar, designed for maximum Player/GM efficiency. If you see that I have not properly been fulfilling my duties in posting regularly, or a game being held back because I haven't posted, PM me and give me hell!

Celestial Goblin

It's all nice, i know the movement speed can be twinked to super-heroic proportions. I'm guessing that a sexy guy of a crazy could be all from just handsome to really exotic, though there's no rule he has to have the metal things in his head. Provided he is good looking, any kind of implants would be rather well hidden, maybe just a plug at the back of the head, or something like that.

Siegfried

Or even better, he makes the implants look good.  Like a fashion style.

Ajoxer

Aaaah, perhaps thin steel wires extended from his skull, looking like hair, but made out of steel? Opens the door for all kind of hilarious anime hairstyles..

Celestial Goblin

How about a shiny steel headband under a mess of flowing blonde hair? Or a row of iron 'piercings' going together with short, straight haircut?

Siegfried

*starts thinking*
What about a Crazy that was totally into Goth?  Wears black clothing, white face paint and has piercing all over the rest of his body.

Ajoxer

I'm ethnically opposed to nihilism, sadly, but the shiny headband can work nicely.

It's nothing personal, just a deep, utter hatred for fatalism, nihilism, all those sorts of things. Too much joy de vivre.

Celestial Goblin

Nihilism? Fatalism? Not that i give a damn about them, but i'm nuts for the fashion and attitude associated with them. Not Goth at all myself, i simply get turned on by spookily beautiful people. I will be requesting a forum soon. Does everybody have their characters ready? And you Ajoxer need to decide, will your character be a body-guard for the D-bee Leyline-walker, or a companion for the Cyberknight? Theoretically, a CS mercenary can also happen, though Coalition rarely hire Crazies.

Ajoxer

Bodyguard for the LLW sounds good. ^_^ Lemme just transcribe the file from one computer to the other... How detailed a background would you like?

Muse

Well, I did as much of her as I could, then sent the sheet to Ajoxer.  I don't know if he understood that I needed help, or thoguht I was just asking for a critique. 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Ajoxer

Ah, sorry, forgot about that. >_< Well, I'm still unsure what you need help with- It's the combat statistics, right? I'll check it out, get it put together. Sorry about forgetting, heh...

Muse

The combat statistics most expecialy, also the skill percentiles, equipment, and waht psionic powers are acutaly availalbe. 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Celestial Goblin

Ajoxer, the background should just state where he's from, how he got the M.O.M. conversion and how he got to meet Muse's character. Muse, it's up to you if you want to be from Tolkeen itself or a volunteer from outside, and if you want to be a part of their forces, or just accidently mixed up in the conflict.

Ajoxer

Combat
Four Attacks per Melee
Initiative: +1
Strike +6
Dodge +8
Parry +8
Roll with Punch, Impact, Fall: +9, +3, +9

There's combat...
Literate 50%+5% per level
American 96%
Dragonic 96%
L 1       80%+5%per level
L 2       80%+5%per level
Lore: Demon  45%+5%per level
Lore: Fairy  25%+5%per level
Anthropolgy  40%+5% per level
Paramedic  50%+5%
Land Navigation 51%+4%per level
Horsemanship 55%+4%per level
Swim 60%+5%per level
Climb 62%+5 per level
Gymnastics  Kick Attack 2d4
           60+5/level Sense of Ballance
           60+3/Level Work Paralell Bars and Rings
           70+2%/Level Climb Rope
           70+5%/Level Back Flip
             +7% Climb Skill Figured in!
             +5% Prowl skill
             +2 to roll with punch of fall, +2 PS, +2 PE, +1 PP, +2d6 SDC=+7SDC
WP Ancient
WP Modern
1  Heavy
2  Energy Rifle
3  Energy Pistol
Body Building   +2 PS, +10 SDC
Hand to Hand: Martial Arts
Acrobatics  60%/5%/Level Sense of Ballance
           60+3%/Level Walk Tight Rope
           80+2%/Level Climb Rope
           +15% Climb
           +5% Prowl
           +1 PS
           +2 Roll
           +1 PP
           +1 PE
           +1d6 SDC=2
Boxing      +1 Attack/Melee
           +2 Parry/Dodge
           +1 Roll
           +2 PS
           +3d6 SDC=12
Running
Detect Ambush 30%+5% per level
Pilot: Motorcycle 60%+4% per level
Wrestling          +1 Roll
                  +2 PS
                  +1 PE
                  +4d6 SDC=18
Writing 30%+5% per level

Secondary Skills:
Archeology 20%+5% per level
Cooking 35%+5% per level
Dancing 30%+5% per level
Intelgence 32%+4%per level
Prowl 35%+5% per level
Tracking 25%+5% per level

Gimme a minute to select some decent equipment.

And I was thinking of him meeting the D-Bee, actually.

Ajoxer

Also, starts with Cyber-Armor, which gives 50 MDC, and an A.R. of 16. I'm not sure if there's SUPPOSED to be A.R. ratings in Rifts, but if there are, that means if someone hits her, if they roll a 16 or less, their attack misses.

Ajoxer

Equipment: A suit of personalized, heavy, mega damage body armor, including Coalition armor ( I recommend Deadboy armor, 80 MDC, -50% Prowl skill)
Suit of light MD body armor, set of dress clothing, set of black clothing for covert operations. Gas mask and air filter, tinted goggles, hatchet for cutting wood, a knife or two, ancient weapon of choice, modern handgun and rifle, probably energy weapons, three extra ammo clips, first aid kit with all the extras, tent, knapsack, back pack, saddlebags, two canteens, emergency food rations- two weeks supply- Geiger Counter, and some personal items. Transportation can be just about anything. Weapons are page 203 forward, Armor is 193.

Zakharra

Ok, when does this game have a starting time and forums to begin in?

Ajoxer

So, Zakharra, Joseph working as a bodyguard for the Dark Elf sound good? He probably does it on a wild impulse, simply because it's... something new. ^_^

Zakharra

Quote from: Ajoxer on February 04, 2006, 08:59:27 PM
So, Zakharra, Joseph working as a bodyguard for the Dark Elf sound good? He probably does it on a wild impulse, simply because it's... something new. ^_^

Umm.. who's Joseph?

Ajoxer

The name of my Crazy. Heh.