PM Limits

Started by Assassini, August 14, 2012, 08:07:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Assassini

Hey all, just a quick question. At the moment I am under the assumption that E has limited server space and backing storage and so I was wondering how often we have to clear up our PMs and whether there is a limit to how many you can keep.
I ask because I am lazy and just tend to keep pretty much every PM I've been sent and haven't bothered to clear up many of them. So will I actually need to start deleting PMs at some point? Or is that not an issue here?

Oreo

There is no known PM limit. Some have upward of 35,000+. ;D

She led me to safety in a forest of green, and showed my stale eyes some sights never seen.
She spins magic and moonlight in her meadows and streams, and seeks deep inside me,
and touches my dreams. - Harry Chapin

Assassini

Ahaha! Cheers! That does make me feel safer! And a bit silly at being concerned...

I'll also admit to being amused by the "known" part of that... Someday... Someone WILL find out xD

Anyway, thanks!

Oreo

No reason to feel silly. It was one of my first concerns when joining E. Most other sites have a limit of around 50 PMs. :P

She led me to safety in a forest of green, and showed my stale eyes some sights never seen.
She spins magic and moonlight in her meadows and streams, and seeks deep inside me,

Vekseid

Quote from: Assassini on August 14, 2012, 08:18:24 PM
Ahaha! Cheers! That does make me feel safer! And a bit silly at being concerned...

I'll also admit to being amused by the "known" part of that... Someday... Someone WILL find out xD

Anyway, thanks!

It's really mostly a matter of how much of a slowdown you're willing to tolerate.

New CMS will resolve that issue, making it effectively infinite if I can work things right.

Oreo

Quote from: Vekseid on August 14, 2012, 09:27:00 PM
It's really mostly a matter of how much of a slowdown you're willing to tolerate.

New CMS will resolve that issue, making it effectively infinite if I can work things right.

This is true. I tend to start a new PM thread after about 30 posts, then file the old one away into a folder.

Assassini

Quote from: Vekseid on August 14, 2012, 09:27:00 PM

*whosyourdaddy* *god-mode enabled*

:P

Quote from: Oreo on August 14, 2012, 09:40:43 PM
This is true. I tend to start a new PM thread after about 30 posts, then file the old one away into a folder.

This would have made my life way easier had I thought of this earlier! Anyway, cheers again guys!