The Wars of the Roses - Complete -- The valley is safe from the Thorns!

Started by Valerian, June 05, 2009, 06:11:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bliss

As the day wore on, the village remained unnaturally quiet; there was fear everywhere, thick in the air among the villagers, and nobody seemed to want to speak for fear of... seeming guilty to their fellow Roses? Attracting the attention of the Thorns?

It made her stomach twist with a small curl of anger. They couldn't live like this - not until all the Thorns had been unearthed and eradicated could they be free.

She went to the basket and slipped in the first small vote, in simple script. Marguerite.

Then she simply left, heading to the too-full graveyard to contemplate the fate of those who had passed - and those who would be made to pass, one way or another. Would that the Bee had not been lost to them... only the Ladybug and fate could save them all now.
O/O ~ Wiki ~ A/A ~ Discord: Bliss#0337
I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.
<3 <3 <3

Valerian

Current Voting:

Bliss (1) - Sir Desan
Maeven (1) - Marguerite
Marguerite (1) - Bliss
Sir Desan (1) - Maeven
Caeli (0)
Kaz (0)
Nanoki (0)

Yet to vote: Caeli, Kaz, Nanoki

There are 2 Thorns, 1 Ladybug, and 4 Roses.
"To live honorably, to harm no one, to give to each his due."
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Maeven

Maeven had been up since dawn, having made her way to the forest's edge to gather more blooms for her tinctures. She'd made her way warily through the sleepy cottages, half-expecting to find another victim somewhere, but to her relief it seemed all was well...

Once she was satisfied with her collection, she approached the town square where she found a few of the villagers and realized that yet another vote was being taken.

"But we've been safe for two evenings, perhaps Aiden was the only one?" She queried to Bliss.
What a wicked game to play, to make me feel this way.
What a wicked thing to do, to let me dream of you.
What a wicked thing to say, you never felt this way.
What a wicked thing to do, to make me dream of you. 

The Cardinal Rule

Bliss

Bliss gave Maeven a haggard half-smile. "None of the tales or warnings have ever spoken of a lone Thorn. Like wolves, they are killers, and group together."
I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.
<3 <3 <3

Kazyth

"They never work alone, darlin'."  Kazyth's voice rings out as he wanders into the square behind her, still rubbing a bit of sleep from his eyes.  "I know the lore, better than most.  There are always at least three Thorns.  A Thorn alone would never attack out villiage.  The odds are too great against it.  But three?  Three can be sneaky enough to murder an entire town... and then lie low until new folks move in."
A rose by any other name... still has thorns you can prick someone with. - Me.

Maeven

Sighing heavily, Maeven only nodded at Bliss and then turned when she heard the voice of Kazyth. She set her basket down while she listened. 

"I suppose you're both right... hoping won't make it different."

With that she turned her attention to the rest of the villagers, Sir Desan was still gathered there, and Caeli. Maeven was mostly certain about Caeli and Bliss, but Sir Desan still gave her cause for concern.  When the time came, he would get her vote.  Shaking her head, she sank to sit at the foot of a near tree. 

The Cardinal Rule

Marguerite

Marguerite pondered over her options and sighed. She cried just like the others for the fallen villagers and now to see Bliss turn on her saddened her greatly. Somehow, if the voting went another way she would have voted for Kaz but Kaz could be in cahoots with Bliss and Maeven, too females who could easily be Thorns. "I vote for Maeven, Bliss it hurts me that you would vote for me."
*R.R*A.A*O.O*Wiki*Bordello*Whip and Apple*
You Keep On Crying, Baby, I'll Bleed You Dry
Mar Is Currently: Taking On Threads
Check My Absence Thread For Updates, Thank You

Bliss

Sorrow and guilt haunted Bliss's features, but she knew even before she made her first vote several days ago that there would come consequences and questioning, with everyone afraid to die - or afraid to be exposed.

"I'm sorry it hurts you, Marguerite... but I recall that our Bee declared Nanoki to be one not to be suspicious of, even as we strung her up - and yet you voted to have him hung the next day."
Only I will remain.
<3 <3 <3

Marguerite

"For me it was strange how Nanoki kept voting for himself and does not really say much to the rest of us. I found it suspicious in my opinion and I did apologize for stringing up Saku and the rest who were innocent once hanged. However, I don't want to be added to the hung list and see the thorns are pleased to get rid of another innocent and head off to kill another one of us. Yes, the Ladybug has done his/her job but I don't want to give them a chance," she explained her case and hoped Bliss could see she felt hurt by the accusation and wanted her to at least see her side of the coin.

Bliss

Bliss listened, but it did not make her want to change her vote. "The Bee declared Nanoki safe, and..." she glanced over at the tree, with that thick branch that many of them had happily swung from as children, now causing so many of them to swing again. "...I can understand him trying to keep from being responsible for anyone being hurt...."

The poetry Nanoki had written was in her pocket still; it was like a comfort to Bliss, now, a talisman to try to keep herself on the right course.
Only I will remain.
<3 <3 <3

Maeven

Upon hearing her name, Maeven stood and turned to Marguerite, "Me? A thorn? Interesting that in the last vote, you were amongst those that hung an innocent... along with Sir Desan, I might add. I was not; and that very innocent, LadySky, also voted against Sir Desan," she paused, as if only now considering the ramifications of her statement.

"Perhaps you are a thorn as well and your vote for me is a vain attempt to keep another of your kind safe..."

The Cardinal Rule

Marguerite

Marguerite sighed and shook her head, "Fine, Nanoki is safe but it seems as if you and a few others are just burning through the list and it worries me Bliss. Somehow, I don't know if you are hanging people left and right or just going for those you do not enjoy," she commented as she shook her head and rubbed the back of her neck. Bliss made her wonder if she should change her vote to someone else but maybe Nanoki could knock some sense into her.

She glanced to Mae, "If I recall he jumped on the bandwagon not knowing who to pick as well as Bliss and Caeli. They too voted along with me and we were all proven wrong, Mae. We have all made grave mistakes Maeven and you are just proving my point. I have no clue who to trust or who to vote for just like Bliss and Caeli when voting in Ladysky because of her involvement with Aiden."

Maeven

Maeven just listened for a moment noting that Marguerite never once refuted her accusal that she was a thorn...

"Ah, but Bliss and Caeli voted against Aiden, along with me and neither you or Desan did... In fact, LadySky voted against Aiden not once but twice and the roguish bastard was able to convince her to change her vote to Kazyth."

She stopped and shook her head, "I'm sorry but I stand convinced... both of you are Thorns and if both of you somehow escape the noose and I die in the night, everyone here will know who the culprits are." With that, Maeven picked up her basket and headed for her home.

The Cardinal Rule

Marguerite

Marguerite tried her best not to roll her eyes at how she did not realize the factors which went into things. "Aiden came to me asking me to change my vote and vote in Kaz but I did not. I instead waited to see what would happen and when he did not change my mind, I did not switch votes. I am not a Thorn but you keep gunning for people who knew not whom to trust." Marguerite merely laughed at Maeven's way of thinking and wondered that Mae as well did not refute she was a thorn but instead throw it back in her face. "Oh yes and if the Thorns get me tonight, I know who to point the finger at before I die, Mae."

Desan

He blinks a few times. "Bliss you voted for LadySky just like me, Caeli, and Marg did. We all made  a terrible choice, yet I find that suddenly you are quick to jump and point the finger?" He sighs, muttering under his breath. "It's interesting how you, Caeli, and Bliss seem to confide in each other oh so well. I bet one of you is betraying the other two.." He looks at all three of them.

"But who to vote for...." He sighs. "If I had to choose one of the three I'd go with the one who I chose long ago, Bliss"
And I don’t really give a f-ck, and my excuse is that I’m young.

Nanoki

He was having a hard time trying to figure out who could be a Thorn, and he was also having a hard time with all of the deaths because of the vote.  All be it they had gotten one Thorn, but at the price of four innocent lives and that was something he did not want to go through again.  "I'm not one to really socialize most of the time, however feel free to vote for me as you wish.  I write poetry to share feelings and that is all."  Shrugging he turned walking away from everyone slipping his hands into his pockets with the small sheet of paper that had Nanoki scribbled on it.
Ons and Offs/<a href="https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=27907.0">A&A</a>/Wants

“History Is Much Like An Endless Waltz. The Three Beats Of War, Peace And Revolution Continue On Forever.”

Valerian

Current Voting:

Sir Desan (2) - Kaz, Maeven
Bliss (1) - Sir Desan
Maeven (1) - Marguerite
Marguerite (1) - Bliss
Nanoki (1) - Nanoki
Caeli (0)
Kaz (0)

Yet to vote: Caeli

There are 2 Thorns, 1 Ladybug, and 4 Roses.
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Kazyth

Grumbling, Kaz checks around the square once more, looking at all of the faces and wondering which ones harbor a murdering Thorn behind them.  Finally he simply sighs, shakes his head, and shrugs.  "I voted for him once, and I've seen no reason not to vote for him again.  Desan."

Caeli

Caeli watched the exchange between the other women, her eyes traveling back and forth as they accused, re-accused, and double-accused each other.

"Well, ultimately, none of us knows who the real killers are, except the killers themselves. We may be doomed right now, since one of our greatest allies, the Bee, was lynched by all of us early on... but right now, we villagers still outnumber the Thorns. If we just make sure we think about this logically, I'm sure we'll arrive at the right conclusion."

The hand wrapped up in her scarf and coat tightened in her pocket; inside, she clutched a slip of paper with Desan's name scrawled carefully in neat script.

Would it be the right choice?
ʙᴜᴛᴛᴇʀғʟɪᴇs ᴀʀᴇ ɢᴏᴅ's ᴘʀᴏᴏғ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴀᴛ ʟɪғᴇ
ᴠᴇʀʏ sᴇʟᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇʟʏ ᴀᴠᴀɪʟᴀʙʟᴇ ғᴏʀ ɴᴇᴡ ʀᴏʟᴇᴘʟᴀʏs

ᴄʜᴇᴄᴋ ❋ ғᴏʀ ɪᴅᴇᴀs; 'ø' ғᴏʀ ᴏɴs&ᴏғғs, ᴏʀ ᴘᴍ ᴍᴇ.
{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ᴄʜᴏᴏsᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴏᴡɴ ᴀᴅᴠᴇɴᴛᴜʀᴇ: ᴛʜᴇ ғɪғᴛʜ sᴄʜᴏʟᴀʀʟʏ ᴀʀᴛ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ
»  ᴘʟᴏᴛ ʙᴜɴɴɪᴇs × sᴛᴏʀʏ sᴇᴇᴅs × ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ɪɴsᴘɪʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴs

Valerian

Final Voting:

Sir Desan (3) - Caeli, Kaz, Maeven
Bliss (1) - Sir Desan
Maeven (1) - Marguerite
Marguerite (1) - Bliss
Nanoki (1) - Nanoki
Caeli (0)
Kaz (0)

At last Sir Desan could avoid his destiny no longer.  After a very near escape from the rope earlier, he was now to meet his fate in the village square, as so many others had already.

A grim-faced, anxious crowd watched as the noose did its work and Desan was no more.  Then came the sign all had been watching for, as, like Aiden, his fingers became talons, and the sign of the Thorns flared briefly on his hand.  Another one of the killers had himself been killed!

• Aiden - (thorn) lynched
  • Bliss
  • Caeli
  • Kaz the Beast
  • LadySky - (rose) lynched
  • Maeven
  • Marguerite
  • Nanoki
  • Rockin - (rose) killed by Thorns
  • Saku - (bee) lynched
  • Sir Desan - (thorn) lynched

There are 1 Thorn, 1 Ladybug, and 4 Roses.
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Kazyth

Kaz grins toothily as Desan finally shows his true colors... even if it must be in dead.  He leaves the body there, not caring to cut it down and bury it somewhere.  "Let it be a warning to the Thorns, that we Roses will not tolerate their murderous ways."  With that, he heads home to curl up... and wonder if he will live through the night.

Valerian

The next morning, the village woke hopefully -- perhaps this day, too, everyone would still be well and the Thorns would have been stymied once again by the clever Ladybug.  But it was not to be.

Today, one villager did not rise with the rest.  Inside her little cottage, Caeli lay dead, latest victim of the Thorns.  The fading mark of the Rose was still on her hand.

• Aiden - (thorn) lynched
  • Bliss
  • Caeli - (rose) killed by Thorns
  • Kaz the Beast
  • LadySky - (rose) lynched
  • Maeven
  • Marguerite
  • Nanoki
  • Rockin - (rose) killed by Thorns
  • Saku - (bee) lynched
  • Sir Desan - (thorn) lynched

There are 1 Thorn, 1 Ladybug, and 3 Roses.
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Maeven

Maeven emerged from her hut later that day, her eyes still betraying the signs of her dismay over the loss of yet another rose in the night.  It was not enough that they'd rooted out a thorn the day before, nay, there was still a final one amongst them and again they'd be forced to point their fingers and hope they cast their vote for a guilty one...

She took a path toward a brook that ran alongside the forest and once she arrived sat down next to it to think on her vote.

The Cardinal Rule

Nanoki

Slowly he made his way out of his home shaking his headhearing that Caeli was gone because of the Thorns.  That meant there were still more lurking around, he did not know how many but he was worried they may not find them in time.  Sitting out side of his house he took time to think of whom could possibly be a Thorn.

Nanoki was at a loss, because staying to himself did not help with trying to find out who could want them all dead.
Ons and Offs/<a href="https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=27907.0">A&A</a>/Wants

“History Is Much Like An Endless Waltz. The Three Beats Of War, Peace And Revolution Continue On Forever.”

Bliss

Bliss slept woefully late, and there were still not that many people moving about when she rose - not that, she thought mournfully, there were that many people TOO move about. And she noticed the absence of someone, and it chilled her.

"Has anyone seen Caeli yet today?"
Only I will remain.
<3 <3 <3