Planescape: To Hell and Back (Pathfinder, Mythic, Exotic, Closed)

Started by Dakkon, April 30, 2014, 11:53:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dakkon

Quote from: torawashi on May 01, 2014, 08:09:30 AM
Definitely interested in this! Planescape is by far my favorite D&D setting. Very tentatively leaning toward a Bariaur Monk, but I'm still pondering my options. :)
My feelings exactly!

Also, and I don't know if anyone is interested, when legendary games releases their Mythic Mania products, those will be fair game to use as well. I'm already backing the kickstarter, so if anyone else feels interested, jump on board with me!

Lockepick

Right now I'm looking at an Infernal Sorcerer. I'll be playing a Sensate with Ererruz if that's still an option. I might just go Tiefling -- or make something custom that is pretty much a different flavor of Tiefling. More info to come!
Like what you see? I am currently looking for new plots!

Detailed List of O/Os and Plot Seeds

All of my image links were previously photobucket and broken -- I'm fixing them as I use the avatars again, or for current games. Please let me know if there is something that needs updating!

Dakkon

Quote from: lockepick on May 01, 2014, 01:28:49 PM
Right now I'm looking at an Infernal Sorcerer. I'll be playing a Sensate with Ererruz if that's still an option. I might just go Tiefling -- or make something custom that is pretty much a different flavor of Tiefling. More info to come!
Yup! Do you have Blood of Fiends? Excellent resource for alternate takes on the Tiefling.

Ghostwheel

How do you feel about an axiomatic kobold from Mechanus who mined too deep to Modron territory, and had to escape through a random portal? He desperately spends the rest of his life attempting to make it home... but never quite manages to, and when he finally gets back, his experiences out in the planes have changed him to the point where he no longer fits into the kobold collective.

Dakkon

Quote from: Ghostwheel on May 01, 2014, 01:43:13 PM
How do you feel about an axiomatic kobold from Mechanus who mined too deep to Modron territory, and had to escape through a random portal? He desperately spends the rest of his life attempting to make it home... but never quite manages to, and when he finally gets back, his experiences out in the planes have changed him to the point where he no longer fits into the kobold collective.
How do you plan on making him axiomatic? I don't think that template was ever ported over to Pathfinder. Sounds interesting otherwise.

Ghostwheel

Since kobolds kinda suck (5 race points, the lowest of any of the standard/featured races), if it would be okay with you I'd use the race builder to make him a more "perfect" kobold (since axiomatic creatures are a "perfect" take on the original creature, if I remember right). Not sure on the specifics, but if you're okay with that in theory, I'll add a few things from the racial traits.

Dakkon

Quote from: Ghostwheel on May 01, 2014, 02:34:45 PM
Since kobolds kinda suck (5 race points, the lowest of any of the standard/featured races), if it would be okay with you I'd use the race builder to make him a more "perfect" kobold (since axiomatic creatures are a "perfect" take on the original creature, if I remember right). Not sure on the specifics, but if you're okay with that in theory, I'll add a few things from the racial traits.
I'd say it's more idealized than prefect, but that's semantics. Sounds good!

indarkestknight

It doesn't have the same name in Pathfinder, but a template for a lawful version of the fiendish/celestial creature template was released in Bestiary 2. It's called resolute

Ghostwheel

The template doesn't really appeal to me, but thank you for the link all the same :-)

Ebb

This looks fun. I've PMed you with a Super Sekret character idea.

Dakkon

Lockepick

Any thoughts on what you want from us as an application? Would you just like some answers to the 'topics' you listed under 'The Fluff?'

Did you want a full sheet at this point?
Like what you see? I am currently looking for new plots!

Detailed List of O/Os and Plot Seeds

All of my image links were previously photobucket and broken -- I'm fixing them as I use the avatars again, or for current games. Please let me know if there is something that needs updating!

Dakkon

Quote from: lockepick on May 02, 2014, 02:39:33 PM
Any thoughts on what you want from us as an application? Would you just like some answers to the 'topics' you listed under 'The Fluff?'

Did you want a full sheet at this point?
Yes, full sheets please. I've just fluff before, but it has a tendency to stall the game before we even start.

Blinkin

This sounds so interesting, but I don't know much about planescape and nothing about mythic pathfinder... and the group is probably full.
"I am a Southern Gentleman, which means that I'm a rogue and a scoundrel. When I'm not kissin' the hands of married women, I'm slipping off their wedding rings."
My Ons' & offs'
Absenses & Apologies (Updated 3/02/23)
Blinkins' Thinkin's (Story Ideas)
Yes, I really am blind.
Being Literate is the ability to read and understand a language. When you ask for literate, what you are looking for is Verbosity, which is the ability to use lots of words without actually saying very much... like politicians. I consider myself both literate and verbose.

Dakkon

Quote from: Blinkin on May 02, 2014, 03:23:31 PM
This sounds so interesting, but I don't know much about planescape and nothing about mythic pathfinder... and the group is probably full.
Its not, although there's a lot of interest so far. Don't worry about not knowing Planescape, its got built in assumptions for characters that don't know anything about it. Just create a character you think may be interesting. As for Mythic, you're going to have to learn it sooner or later for Wrath :P

Blinkin

Well, you've probably figured this out, but would any of the following be acceptible as a class? As I hate to even think about building a race, I'll probably go with something normal..

Swashbuckler (Advanced Class Guide?)
Ranger
Rogue
"I am a Southern Gentleman, which means that I'm a rogue and a scoundrel. When I'm not kissin' the hands of married women, I'm slipping off their wedding rings."
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.
Being Literate is the ability to read and understand a language. When you ask for literate, what you are looking for is Verbosity, which is the ability to use lots of words without actually saying very much... like politicians. I consider myself both literate and verbose.

Dakkon

Quote from: Blinkin on May 02, 2014, 03:50:09 PM
Well, you've probably figured this out, but would any of the following be acceptible as a class? As I hate to even think about building a race, I'll probably go with something normal..

Swashbuckler (Advanced Class Guide?)
Ranger
Rogue
yup, all are good.

Blinkin

Well, since I haven't played it before, and I've been itching to... the Swashbuckler from the Advanced Class Guide. It looks like it could be fun... are firearms allowed? Thinking something like the late 18th centurysailing man with more than his fair share of bravado and flash.
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

Ebb

One minotaur fighter submitted. Just in case anyone else happened to be looking to do the exact same thing.

ererruz

QuoteTraits: Two traits at character creation, no more by any means.

That includes no drawbacks, I presume?

Dakkon

ererruz

My Eladrin/Firre Cleric/Vitalist of the Society of Sensation is almost ready, so you should expect it in a day or two.

Blinkin

Sent in my plain ol' human Swashbuckler... Jack Sheats... yes, it's a pun, so if he gets in, you can no longer say, "I don't know Jack Sheat!"

;)
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

Dakkon

Just a reminder, please post your character sheets in this thread as you are working on them. It makes it easier for me to check up on them, as well as letting other people see the awesome stuff that you people are working on!  ;D

Muse

A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)