Game of Thrones: Ascension - Freeform, Sandbox GoT Group - Open to All

Started by GnothiSeauton, May 21, 2017, 12:00:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flower

Once again I am bumping this thread in the hopes of finding connections and plots for one of my characters. This time I'm searching for Helene. If interested, don't hesitate to reach out! (^^)

Alias

*plops in*
hi! I just read this whole thread, gonna dive into the other crucial info, excited to see the character notebook, saving that for last. This game will keep me up later than I should be up tonight. I have no idea what I who I want to write yet! But my hat is officially in the ring!

(is that a saying? the hat in the ring thing?)

sweets

Quote from: Alias on February 20, 2018, 02:43:36 AM
*plops in*
hi! I just read this whole thread, gonna dive into the other crucial info, excited to see the character notebook, saving that for last. This game will keep me up later than I should be up tonight. I have no idea what I who I want to write yet! But my hat is officially in the ring!

Welcome. Look forward to seeing you in OOC.

Flower

Quote from: Alias on February 20, 2018, 02:43:36 AM
*plops in*

It's definitely a saying. (^^)

Alias

Quote from: sweets on February 20, 2018, 04:57:52 PM
Welcome. Look forward to seeing you in OOC.

yay! I have three character concepts. I've pm'd Gnothi about stuff to make sure my concepts are kosher (seems like they are). Sweets, and Caela have been contacted about filling character roles, and fitting in with others from the North. Tentatively, all three of my characters are Northerners (Mostly).

Gonna start working on the sheets now, first things first! Pictures!! wish me luck! AND....

Quote from: Hyacinth on February 20, 2018, 05:40:43 PM
It's definitely a saying. (^^)

thank you, I was tired, and unsure. :p

Anouk Daae

So i am soooo very interested int his. I have two game of thrones characters. One from House Gargalen in Dorne and the other is from house Manderly in the North, but I can tweak them and change them...I was wondering if there was a place where I could see what characters are already made, so I don't step on any toes? Also, if there are no Dornish characters, I can change the Gargalen to a Dayne or a Martell so she has more mobility and access to northern play.

Flower

Hey Anouk! Nice to see some fresh interest. Here's the active characters in game at the moment. That's where you'll find who has characters in which houses.

To my knowledge, we don't have a Gargalen or Dayne but we do have characters present from Manderly and Martell. I wouldn't let that discourage you though. People tend to be open to plotting. Your character might fit as a cousin or something.

Anyway, hope something sparks.

sweets

Manderly player here.

I would so be open for a cousin that came from Wylla's line or even more distant relation from Marlon Manderly.

Anouk Daae

Hello hello, and thank you for responding.
I see there is a Sword of the Morning which is a Dayne, usually. Since Starfall is ruled by House Dayne, though this guy is a Tarly somehow. Which is really cool. I have some reading to do, but it's great to see that Gargalen is still open. I will read over and see where i can fit. Thank you so much for responding  so quickly though.

Flower

No problem!

I'm not sure if this might assist you but here it is. My knowledge of the lore is...shoddy at best but that post was helpful for me during character creation.

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=267059.0

Anouk Daae

That is really, really helpful. Thank you.
I think I have what I need to get started. Do I message Gnothi my character sheet?

sweets

Quote from: Anouk Daae on February 23, 2018, 07:15:52 PM
That is really, really helpful. Thank you.
I think I have what I need to get started. Do I message Gnothi my character sheet?

Yes. Gnothi will get back to you after she reviews it.

Aiden

Quote from: Anouk Daae on February 23, 2018, 07:03:06 PM
Hello hello, and thank you for responding.
I see there is a Sword of the Morning which is a Dayne, usually. Since Starfall is ruled by House Dayne, though this guy is a Tarly somehow. Which is really cool. I have some reading to do, but it's great to see that Gargalen is still open. I will read over and see where i can fit. Thank you so much for responding  so quickly though.

I would be open to a another Dayne in the bloodline, perhaps a cousin, maybe married to another house in Dorne.

With current events as they are, Starfall may find itself without a lord ruling its lands. 

Anouk Daae

Yikes! Sorry to hear that about Starfall.
I actually JUST sent in my application for Lady Gargalen of Salt Shore.

Crash

Okay this idea won’t get out of my head.  A minor house given the Mountains of the Moon as a fief for their part on the war against the white walkers.  They would not be vying for the throne but could be looking to trade their support for additional resources to help them pacify the mountain men.

Is this viable in this game?

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."
Congratulations, you've unlocked Flirtatious Crash! - Envious

Aiden

If they are in the north, wildling or house based, they should be loyal to Stark or Vale, depending on location.

Crash

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."

Endwell

Take off your clothes
Give me your trust
Look me in the eyes
Confess your lust
I promise I'll love you if you do it
So do it for me...

Crash

Would I need too?  They would not be House Arryn.  Just a minor house likely allied to them, at least for now.

sweets

Touching base is not necessarily required but if a player character is the Lord/Lady paramount it can just help smooth out any issues that character creation could have with established cannon of the game so you do not have to dig through all the prior info.

Flower

Indeedy. Best to reach out than run the risk of contradictions.

Anouk Daae

So I have references to both House Vaith and House Yronwood in my character's backstory. I saw there's no Vaith currently, but after some perusing - I noticed there was a Yronwood character but she's not listed as active.

I emailed her just to be safe, but I'm wondering - was that necessary if she'd not listed as active anymore? Should I just treat her as an NPC?

Crash

I mean I have no issues plotting with Koka. I was just hoping to get Gnothi’s opinion of the viability of the concept.

Flower

Quote from: Anouk Daae on February 23, 2018, 09:07:08 PM
So I have references to both House Vaith and House Yronwood in my character's backstory. I saw there's no Vaith currently, but after some perusing - I noticed there was a Yronwood character but she's not listed as active.

I emailed her just to be safe, but I'm wondering - was that necessary if she'd not listed as active anymore? Should I just treat her as an NPC?

Personally, I wouldn't bother with messaging them if they're listed as inactive. I would just ask Gnothi if their character still exists or not in the background. :)

Endwell

I'm working on a character for House Royce of the Vale, Lord of Runestone, should you wish any details.
Take off your clothes
Give me your trust
Look me in the eyes
Confess your lust
I promise I'll love you if you do it
So do it for me...