News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

A Few RP Ideas

Started by Retribution, February 15, 2013, 11:05:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Retribution

As you can see by my icon I am not yet approved. But I do have some ideas I would like to toss out for RP of a non-adult nature.  I figures I would see what we had for takers before fleshing things out more.

First off I am experienced with the World of Darkness setting all systems except Mage.  And am willing and capable of entertaining ideas in about any of those venues.

I am very interested in trying a medieval setting again because AD&D was my first love.  It does not have to be AD&D per say but I like the whole sword and sorcery type setting a great deal.  In this setting many things could be done all of which I am open to:  warring nations with espionage, warring nations with armies, city dwelling thieves and the authorities, possibly corrupt authorities, rural setting with highwaymen, or perhaps more of a swashbuckling setting just to name a few.  Sorry I am not at all into the classic good knight saves damsel what have you.

Dragons are something I have always wanted to portray either a troupe of dragons or perhaps the interaction between dragons and other beings.  Abilities such as shape shifting and magic use so on could be agreed upon.

An undersea setting would be another option but only with differing species or the like. I am not much on modern settings unless they involve some sort of supernatural.  I am sorry but the whole space and futuristic setting leaves me cold.  Anyway if there are any takers just respond and we can hash out the details.

FaeBorne

Taking!

I can do any WoD you want to collaborate on.

I also have the Tirasfell RP which is a medieval fantasy sword sorcery setting going on that can be more than 2 player...if you would like to join that.. there is room for more.

Retribution

What would you like to do in WoD?

As for the other let me read up on it and see what I think.

FaeBorne

I'm very versatile when it comes to WoD, it being my main play for years now. Though I saw you appreciate Demon, I've never had any experience with that particular game, would you like to immerse me in the mechanics of it?

Did you get a chance to look at the Medieval/Fantasy one I wrote up?

Retribution

I would love to instruct in all things demonic I do have a little bit of experience doing just that.  I would assume just learning you have in mind thralldom? Basically a thrall is a Demon's worshiper who empowers them with their Faith.  The thrall literally sells their soul to the infernal entity for power or some other blessing such as cure of an incurable disease. In return the thrall's belief offers the Demon fuel for its infernal powers sort of like blood empowers a vampire. The catch is that the demon then literally owns the thrall heart and soul and can strip mine their soul in times of need for increased power.  This is called ravaging and it is well unpleasant to say the least also the demon can talk to the thrall at anytime anyplace in the world literally speaking inside of their head. I am sure you can see the perils of being a thrall and it becomes more and more dangerous dependent on how much the Demon's Torment is turning it toward its dark side.

Sound like something that might interest?

As for your setting I saw mention of barbarians from the north. Got room for a big one with a bigger ax?  Though despite being the stereotype of a knuckle dragger this one is extremely cunning and intelligent.  He just does not advertise the fact that he has a brain though.

FaeBorne

Quite enough room I believe! :)

And Demon/Thrall would probably be best to start.

Retribution

Alrighty I got some errands to run but when I get the time I will look in on your current thread and see if there is a spot to jump in. I will also setup the Demon thread then as well.

Retribution

And if anyone else is interested in any of the above feel free to poke me.

Corbin

Haven't really did a Medieval role-play in a while but would love to come up with a story with you. :D

Retribution

That sounds good would you prefer an urban or a rural type setting?  In urban I tend to go with thieving types in rural more of a huntsman sort of mold tends to fit my tastes. What sorts of characters do you prefer in that type of setting? I reckon that is the best place to sort out the start up process.

Corbin

Well I can play a thief and a huntsman.

But a thief seems very exciting. LOL. Urban area it is.

Retribution

It can go more rural with a highwayman type concept also if that sounds amusing.

Corbin

LOL. Why not both?

See Medieval role-play confuses me sometimes.

Retribution

Generally speaking one is either one or the other IMHO. Unless you have something like say a walled city and some of those within the city often travel out into the country side.  A classic example would be a keep where the lord lives and has his main power base that controls an area of country side. I tend to think most rural based robbers would tend to stay rural because well in the city is where the barracks are for the watch.

Corbin

Uhmm okay.

Quick Question: Do you only do Medieval? Or is that what you are just looking for right now?

Retribution

Nah like I said earlier I do World of Darkness not sure if you are familiar with that but it is vampires, werewolves, demons so on based in an RP world.  I also have been having a passing interest in Dragon kind.  I am not into Amie or say Futuristic sort of settings.

Corbin

World of Darkness? Demons, Vampires and Werewolves. Oh my! LOL.

I haven't used my Demon hybrid character in a long time.

Retribution

Yes I liked Demonic characters.  World of Darkness is a gaming system by White Wolf game studios if you care to look it up at some point.

Corbin

Oh it's a gaming system? Pfft. Never mind.

Retribution

Yes though they also have some fiction books out there. I think most of them are out of print but if you look on Amazon I am sure you could find them.

Corbin

I thought it was something original.

Speaking of original, want to come with something with Demonic characters? I can do that.

Retribution

Sure go for it and I will see if it is anything I can work with.

Also if you are interested with what I do Demonic peek on over in the RP section I got a non-adult story going on there.

Corbin

Well, my Demon has his own Kingdom, which he took over from his Mistress after she passed away. He doesn't allow anyone in there, unless you are willing to do him some favors. Do them right? You stay under your own will. Do them wrong? Ha! You won't speak a word and you'll be locked away underneath his kingdom, where you eventually die. But don't worry, the zombies will keep you company.

Bleh.

Retribution

Corbin