HHS Health Care Application for Single Individuals

Started by RubySlippers, May 01, 2013, 08:47:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RubySlippers

Here is the mail-in form: http://cciio.cms.gov/resources/other/Files/AttachmentB_042913.pdf

Okay my thoughts on this the family form starts at 11 pages plus two pages for any additional people over two according to sources but this form.

1. They say its kept private but if one earns extra cash say the off the books income is $4000 a year and its not reported will the IRS get the information or not? It says its private and information is just used for ACA determination but I'm not so sure.

2. Use of the SSN is of some concern but its a government form so its not as big a deal for me in this use.

3. Employer information can be an issue if the employer is in the Underground Economy similar to the concern in #1.

4. How can one if asked verify cash only income and if some or much of the income is barter a big issue for some people if they need this?

Trieste

So #1 reads to me like, "I'm breaking the law but I don't want to get caught breaking the law. Should I be honest on this form?"

... how is anyone supposed to help you with that?

TheGlyphstone

Quote from: Trieste on May 01, 2013, 06:19:23 PM
So #1 reads to me like, "I'm breaking the law but I don't want to get caught breaking the law. Should I be honest on this form?"

... how is anyone supposed to help you with that?

I think that's why it's on there, added so they could catch criminals and gangsters for not reporting their illegal drug/smuggling income.

Trieste

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on May 01, 2013, 06:54:29 PM
I think that's why it's on there, added so they could catch criminals and gangsters for not reporting their illegal drug/smuggling income.

You know, that could be the whole point of the ACA. What if it's just an elaborate plan to catch tax-dodgers?

ShadowFox89

Quote from: Trieste on May 01, 2013, 07:47:24 PM
You know, that could be the whole point of the ACA. What if it's just an elaborate plan to catch tax-dodgers?

No wonder the Republicans are so vehemently against it! :P

But seriously. If you are earning an income under the table, no one can really help with that.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

RubySlippers

The issue in Florida are several people earn just under the poverty line and so "padding" the application with say $1000 more could mean getting into an exchange but then if the IRS sees that it could be an issue, if that is not shared with the IRS its not.

Blythe

Quote from: RubySlippers on May 01, 2013, 08:47:32 AM
4. How can one if asked verify cash only income and if some or much of the income is barter a big issue for some people if they need this?

Can't help you with the other things you listed, but this one is easy. If a person needed to verify cash only income, he or she would likely need a letter from whoever they earn cash income from stating they do earn an income (and probably the amount earned either monthly or annually). Unfortunately, if concern about an employer not being a legitimate or legal employer (in an 'underground economy' as you put it) is an issue, then there isn't much of a way to actually "prove" a cash only income without incriminating the source of that income.

RubySlippers

Or if your self-employed in the Underground Economy most people in it operate financially as it was the 19th Century such as don't have bank accounts or other means to hold money. Not odd 10% of households and this is from reliable studies don't have bank accounts.

meikle

http://www.irs.gov/uac/Reporting-Miscellaneous-Income

First result for "how do you report cash income" in Google.  "Keep records so you don't lie about your income" is probably what you want to do if you don't want to lie to the IRS.  You don't need a bank account to pay your taxes.  The IRS accepts money orders.
Kiss your lover with that filthy mouth, you fuckin' monster.

O and O and Discord
A and A