News:

Main Menu

Portraits

Started by Zakharra, May 01, 2005, 12:18:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zakharra

How do you use portraits that are not on these forums? I would like to use one, but I do not know enough about computers to be able to figure it out easily.

The Overlord

Do exactly as I did; go to your profile and chose to upload a file to the boards.

In my case, I wanted to retain my RPOL portrait (being as it’s my custom submitted to RPOL in the first place). :P

If you want to do the same, save the portrait to your documents and then upload here. Easy. ;D

Zakharra

Quote from: Kiri the slave girl on May 01, 2005, 01:06:24 AM
Do exactly as I did; go to your profile and chose to upload a file to the boards.

In my case, I wanted to retain my RPOL portrait (being as it’s my custom submitted to RPOL in the first place). :P

If you want to do the same, save the portrait to your documents and then upload here. Easy. ;D

Uuumm..I don't know how to do that.  *blushes*

Lilac

Is it on your computer or the web?

The Overlord

Quote from: Zakharra on May 01, 2005, 02:50:49 PM

Uuumm..I don't know how to do that.  *blushes*

Just pull up the character portrait you were using on RPOL. Then right-click your mouse and select Save As. Try this on my portrait right now to see how it works. I’m not sure about Macs or other platforms, but if you’re on PC then by default it should save the picture in your Documents folder or My Pictures (a subfolder of My Documents). Remember which folder you saved it to!

Then go to edit your profile here. When you get to your profile section, click Forum Profile Information. Click the option- I will upload my own picture. Then hit browse to pull up your picture. Then hit Change Profile at the bottom to upload your image.

If you’re having a struggle getting this, then I’ll assume you don’t have portraits stored on the web anywhere. If you did, then you should click I have my own pic to link to them.

Akioth

Yup Yup ^^ Easy Easy Easy :Glances to lilacs Pictures: MOVE YOUR HANDS >.< :Grunts in Dragonspeak:
Akioth has requested an indefinite hiatus of his account.

Sex on television can't hurt you unless you fall off. 

No matter how much cats fight, there always seem to be plenty of kittens.  ~Abraham Lincoln

Zakharra

I never had a portrait for myself in RPol, just my PCs. I also don't have any of them on my comp.

Thorne

I don't think you /can/ have a portrait for yourself in RPoL.

I linked mine, and if you've your own webspace, sometimes that's the easiest way to do it ....
Writer of horrors, artist of mayhem.

Currently available, frequently lurking.
Ons and Offs
Absences and Apologies
Ideas and inspirations: small groups

Hunter

I'm not sure I want a portrait of myself on rpol.   :-[
There should be an option to upload from your computer and likely also from the internet somewhere.  I think the others haven given good directions already.

Zakharra

I have a picture that I use for a portrait at other sites, but I have always used the RPol's piccies for that one.  I am not computer savvy.

Hunter

Most people aren't, I'm finding out.  Feel free to pm if you have any questions.  There's a few computer *cough*nerds*cough* experts, possibly including myself, that hang out here if you have questions.

Zakharra

I would like to use it. It is a picture of a nuce looking drow female, but I have no idea where the picture is.

Hunter

If you click on the profile button (top middle) and then click on the forum profile information option of the side menu, you find that there's a personal picture (or something similar).  You can simply scroll through until you find the one you want and select it.

Zakharra

No no.. I meant being able to find where I have the picture I would  like to use for these forums. I suppose this one here will work until I can get it found.

Hunter

You can always use either the search function on your computer or the search engine in your internet browser to find it.  I can direct you once I know where it is.   :)