Superpowers - Blessing Or Curse (starting again cos it hit a brick wall)

Started by Lady Jenn, August 15, 2011, 03:57:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Jenn

"Thanks," Milo said, opening the file and laughing. "It worked, the old boys came through for us."

"Say what?" Torrance said, scratching his head in confusion.

"I have some contacts in France" Milo replied. "They've spent years telling me they could take down Enigma and Breaker with ease but I've been telling them not to, until now. Apparentely they just took out a secret CIA base they'd been using to monitor people with powers in Europe and the two big boys were sent to find out what happened."

"Removing one of the biggest obstacles to our attack," Vince said, smiling. "And this oded information is even better for us. The CIA don't realise it but there's something out there that could take out their relay network with one his, that'd DEFINITELY get the hunters attention."

Haztur

Clarice cracks her fingers "then I suppose its time for all of to begin working, isn't it?"

"We need to use the distraction as it is before its over."
"When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained"
-Mark Twain

Lady Jenn

"Then what's the plan?" Riley asked.

"There's a secret device hiding under a relay...here," Vince said, pointing to one in the middle of the Nevada. "They hooked it up to the relay not realising what it was, that coded file Clive gave you reveals its secret. Activate that device fully and the entire relay is taken down as if it was hit by an EMP device. If Myra teleports someone in there then when Tempest and Morph emerge she can teleport them to wherever we're needed. Plus the Underground have offered a second teleporter in case they're in different locations."

Haztur

"When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained"
-Mark Twain

Lady Jenn

"Myra, take Milo and Clarice with you," Vince said. "You should be covered for any potential surprises with those two to help you."

"Okay," Myra said. "Plus Milo is a techno-geek so he probably knows how to sabotage this thing better than I do," she said, laughing.

"Torrance will use the CIA's homing signals to spot when the Hunters move out so keep a link with us so we can tell you when to move."

"Fine," Myra said. "You ready to roll Clarice?"

Haztur

Clarice checked on her gun's ammo before sheating it below her shoulder "no, but that has never stopped me before." Said Clarice smiling.
-Mark Twain

Lady Jenn

"In and out as quick as we can," Milo said. "We don't know exactly what this thing is so I don't fancy hanging around it too long." He picked his javelin, making sure his gun had plenty of ammo.

"Okay, here goes nothing," Myra said, grabbing the other two's hands and teleporting them into a dark chamber. She uttered something under her breath and the chamber filled with light, revealing a huge totem like structure at the centre of the chamber which had wires running from it, giving off a strange humming noise.

"I don't know how long this'll take," Milo said. "Cover me, we may be alone now but can't guarantee it'll stay like that," he said as he walked over the device and set to work.

Haztur

Clarice mumbles "I don't like how this looks" still she begins looking around, focusing on the future, every minute ahead was enough to win enough time to respond to an incoming attack or to run in case something bigger was comming their way, she also checked on Myra and Milo in case something bad could happen to them in the future.
-Mark Twain

Lady Jenn

Milo's activities seemed to go without a hitch until the totem began to move, the heads turning to face away from them.

"Milo," Myra said, trying to hide a note of worry in her voice. "What the hell just happened?"

"Don't worry," he said, smiling. "It worked, the power level is increasing."

"And the relay is going down one pylon at a time," Torrence said through the walkie-talkie Milo was carrying. "I don't know what you just did but it worked."

Haztur

Clarice nods "well now that we had knocked, lets see who comes to atten the door." said Clarice further looking into the future searching for whatever is coming to meet them..
-Mark Twain

Lady Jenn

"You've got company," came Vince's voice from the walkie-talkie. "We obviously didn't disguise it well enough, Morph and Tempest are both heading for your location. Vince will get there as soon as he can but you need a way to delay them until he can arrive."

"Okay," Myra replied. "Any ideas how we distract them?" she asked Milo and Clarice.

Haztur

Knowing before the others of the news she was able to relay that information to them before Milo's walkie talkie sounded, giving them a couple more minutes to plan.

"Well I suppose that as super secure place it should have certain measures in case of either invasion or fire... lets play both." said Clarice before moving to one of the alarms in one of the closes rooms and activating them, soon enough the security doors began closing, sealing them inside "that should give us a few minutes before we need to do more."
-Mark Twain

Lady Jenn

"Let#s just hope Tempest doesn't start throwing his full power at that door," Myra said. "His lightning in particular is pretty strong when he properly goes for it."

"At least we're ready for them if they do break through," he said, raising his gun and pointing it towards the door. "Don't worry, they're tranquliser rounds," he said, noticing the worry in Myra's face.

Haztur

"Oh I think he might..." said Clarice with eyes that left no doubt, yet at the same time she was smiling.

"Lets try something." and with that she began working on the some of the cables of ground below them, she was not going to shut down the place, but she found what she needed, a couple of earth wires and fixed them to the metal door, "this ought to drain him of juice as soon as he shoots at it... the power plant below will take what it can, lets just hope it doesn't overpower that might be a problem and I haven't been able to see that far... yet."
-Mark Twain

Lady Jenn

There was a flash o light behind them as Vince appeared with Clive behind him.

"I'm sorry Clarice," Clive said, laughing. "I forgot to mention my ability is teleporting, couldn't show that off in the middle of the office."

"Sorry to break up this reunion," Clive said, "but we have a problem. Its not just Morph and Tempest heading this way."

"Oh hell," Milo said. "Tom's coming isn't he?" Clive simply nodded. "Well, at least we have Myra here to help us."

"We don't know how quickly Tom will reach here," Clive continued. "The quicker we can deal with Tempest and Morph the better, we don't fight Tom unless we ABSOLUTELY have to."

Haztur

Clarice mumbles and grumbles at Clive apparition 2I know I knwo, and I can watch the future which is harder to show off... still" Clarice finished her tramp for Tempest... "yeah the one with the lightning is comming first, when he set foots here the power stattion will drain him completely giving us enough time to  stop Morph... just need to do it quick... Tom is not too far behind them... and its not pretty to see how he copies all our powers incluthing how i see the future to defend himself."
-Mark Twain

Lady Jenn

"Get behind me," Clarice said to the others. "I've faced Tempest before, I know his tactics better than even he does..." she stopped, throwing up a forcefield in time to repel the lightning bolt aimed at them, but stmubling back at the force of it. As the smoke cleared a young man was stood in front of them, electricity crackling around his right hand. "Oh crap," she said, regaining her composure. "He's even stronger than I remember."

"You..." the man started to say "You're..."

"Meant to be dead?" Myra finished his sentence. "I know, I keep being told that. Marty, I don't want to fight you but I WILL if you force me to."

"You mean there's a choice?" Tempest asked warily.

"You and Morph can join us," Myra replied, nodding. "You two don't belong with the Hunters, you're not much older than my brother Jake would be now and I wouldn't send him into battle."

"But..." he started saying. "My sister, if I defect they..."

"Don't worry," Vince said, laughing. "You and the CIA underestimate your sister's powers. Even Breaker would have a hard time dealing with her and he's a bit too distracted to turn up. You can join us or walk away and find somewhere safe but either way you two need to decide quick cos Tom's following you."

Myra was puzzled as to who the other person her brother was referring to was until she noticed the eagle perched on a nearby rock whose eyes were grey. To the untrained eye it looked like an eagle but she knew how to spot Morph when he had shapeshifted.

Haztur

(lol a shame my intents to help are ignored :P)

Clarice moves behind as she is told, watching the eagly knowing full well there is no way that is anormal one... does every one on this power people come in pairs? aparently so.

Still if Tempest plan to send a second attack he being above the land cables would be drained of whatever energy he uses, making his attacks less powerful and easier to defelct or resist.

Still the eagly was there and something should be done with it unless she surrendered.
-Mark Twain

Lady Jenn

"Do it Tempest," Morph said as the eagle shapeshifted to its human form, surprising most when it was revealed she was a young girl. She laughed at the surprise on their faces. "I know, everyone assumes I'm a guy. Morph wasn't my choice for my codename, they wouldn't give me a say though. I want to help," she said to Vince. "We can help you, we know things I don't think the CIA intended us to know which might be useful to you."

"She's right," Tempest said, as the lightning dissipated from around his hand. "We need to go though, I don't fancy facing what's coming this way."

"You lot go back to the cafe," Vince said. "Me, Milo and Clive have something to sort here first. Don't worry, Tom won't find us, my ring has a few clever tricks hidden inside it and at least he can't copy my powers."

Haztur

Clarice nodded "its beter if we go now, its nice to see reasonable people out there, we will need you all."

Clarice hadn't show surprise at seeing the little girl... after all, she got her surprise a couple minutes before the others.
-Mark Twain

Lady Jenn

"Be careful Vince," Myra said as the others formed a circle around her. "We have no idea how strong Tom is, do NOT underestimate him."

"I have no intention to," Vince said. "Now go, the more people I have to try and hide the more power I'll have to use."

Myra nodded, teleporting them back to the cafe in an instant where Torrance was sat between two laptops, deep in concentration. Jason and Shauna were sat talking to Aaron who smiled as he saw the others return, while Myst was sat quietly in the corner by the window.

"I'm guessing Chameleon's in here somewhere too if you lot are here," Myra said, smiling as Aaron gave her a look as if to say 'You really have to ask?' She turned to the others. "Does everyone want something to drink? I think we all look like we could do with something."

Haztur

Clarice looked s the place wa sbeginning to get filled quite quickly with all kind of powered people, this might strain soon rather than later the powers hidding them, specially if the CIA had to begin looking for their lost agents, and she didn't return soon to office that will add her to the search.

"Coffeee would be good, with some brandy even better mine to take, I might be sought in the office after all this 'movements and changes'"
-Mark Twain

Lady Jenn

"Anyone have any idea what my brother needed to stay behind for?" Myra asked as she made everyone a drink.

"There was something else in that coded message," Torrence replied. "He wouldn't go into details but he said the message contained a hint as to how the attack begins. Maybe you'll manage to get a straight answer out of him," he said, laughing.

"We need to move," Aaron said, looking up from the conversation they were having. "No offence to Shauna but her powers can only protect us to a point, if a CIA agent walks past he's gonna see us pretty quickly. The Underground have plenty of hiding places we can stay in before we finally make our move."

Haztur

"sounds like no one will get an straight answer from anyone here..." Clarice said smiling after listening to Torrence "to many secrets among friends... its notices that the CIA had an effect on us all... even those nor working for it."

At Aaron's argument she only nods, "it will makethings harder for them if we keep moving... still wit will be hard for some of us to keep our covers.. but I suppose it would be good to take out the masks if needed be."
-Mark Twain

Lady Jenn

"Can we pack everything up quickly?" Myra asked Torrence. "At least we know I can tip the others off as to where we've gone, much safer than leaving a note here where anyone can find it."

"Ten minutes max it'll take me to pack everything," Torrence replied. "We'd better start now so we don't waste too much time."