[Craving] American Indian x Settler/Cowgirl/Reporter

Started by Covert Revulsion, May 03, 2009, 03:18:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Covert Revulsion

Hello there! I am looking for someone to take up my cravings of an [male] American Indian x [insert western female character]

I would love for this to be a forbidden romance, perhaps my character is captured by invading Natives, or perhaps my character can be hired to interview an American Indian, your character having the chance to. Or perhaps during a raid, my character is seen fighting back the natives with her own revolver and taken interest by one of the natives.

Please PM me for more details! Or if you're interested.

Misanthrope

Reporter... like... how?

Like for a newspaper? Is he or she doing some kind of piece on the tribe? I just don't normally think of indians and reporters in the same capacity. Settlers, yes. Cowboys, yes. Reporters? Not so much.
Übermenschliches, Allzu Übermenschliches...

Covert Revulsion

I had gotten the idea from a western. They were supposedly friends with the tribes. Yes, for a newspaper.

I want to break away from the normal, 'capture the settler because we want to' It's a bit cliche and I'm looking for something different to start off as.

Requiem

Any particular tribe or group?  There's a big difference between (for example) the Pueblo natives and the Great Plains nomads. 

This sounds pretty interesting, to be perfectly honest.  Towards the end of the 19th century there was a lot of public interest in the "Injuns", but the vast majority of the reporting was along the "get rid of 'em" lines.  I grew up moving from reservation to reservation (My mom was a nurse with Indian Health Care) and I've lived in the Ute, Navajo, Blackfoot, several Apache and Sioux, and a couple of Pueblo cultures... and then later around the Puget Sound area (Guemes and the likes) later.  I'd be really interested in doing something like this, but I'd need a little time to do some research on whatever tribe your interested in.

Physical terrain would be a major consideration also.  Go, go, hardship!