Citadel of Bvan'Telvarth (Pathfinder RPG)

Started by Myrleena, December 08, 2014, 08:45:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Myrleena

Paladins are seen as prime corruption material in the Dominion, and it's only if they try to break their station that they're outright killed. Also, they tend to end up getting goaded and tested a whole lot more, just because the others are curious how far the pretentious mortals can get.

In the Shimmerdawn Kingdom, unless you announce that you're an antipaladin or follower of an evil god, they probably aren't going to notice. Their current issue is that the crusading leaders, such as they are, are only looking outward, and they are blind to the corruption growing within their own nation.

Teo Torriatte

Is there still room in here for another player?

Myrleena

indarkestknight

It's been mentioned that mythic power exists in this campaign setting.

If the PCs so desire, is there any chance to attain mythic power?

Likewise, it's explicitly called out that rare individuals may earn the distinction of becoming dragonblooded, and it's mentioned under the Tyrant's Fist that some mortals die only to rejoin as demons. Can PCs earn either of these distinctions? Is there any analogue for becoming an angel?

rikka

Question. Do the playable angel races (and perhaps demons are in involved in this) retain the other traits from their subtype? (like true speech for angels)
Whatever the outcome, it's on you.

Ons/Offs

Myrleena

Quote from: indarkestknight on December 10, 2014, 06:05:21 AM
It's been mentioned that mythic power exists in this campaign setting.

If the PCs so desire, is there any chance to attain mythic power?

Likewise, it's explicitly called out that rare individuals may earn the distinction of becoming dragonblooded, and it's mentioned under the Tyrant's Fist that some mortals die only to rejoin as demons. Can PCs earn either of these distinctions? Is there any analogue for becoming an angel?

The answer, to all of the questions, is 'Yes'. I'm trying not to codify the rewards. In the case of an angel...it takes a lot more work than the others, but it's possible. Just harder.

Quote from: rikka on December 10, 2014, 07:08:32 AM
Question. Do the playable angel races (and perhaps demons are in involved in this) retain the other traits from their subtype? (like true speech for angels)

No, no they don't. The 'Angel' and 'Demon' subtypes, in that specific case, is more to give them a humanoid 'type', so they're a humanoid (angel) in the same way an elf is a humanoid (elf).

Now, as a side note, I'm not going to allow any more players into the game for the moment. Everyone who's presently IMed, PMed, or posted in this thread is welcome, but I'm not allowing more until I've got most of these started and am sure I can handle more games. I'll post in this thread when I can run more games again.

Muse

Does anyone know a way to get Acrobatics added to the class skill list in a game without traits? 

I know cosmopolitan will give mental skills.  *Shrugs*
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

TheGlyphstone

indarkestknight

Myrleena can characters take traits if they take the feat that grants two traits?

EDIT: Wow that was embarrassing. Note to self, don't post when you're only half-awake.

Myrleena

Writing from phone.  Short answer:you can take the Extra Traits feat.

Warlock

Skill Focus (x) is equivalent to being trained in the skill (+3 chosen skill, +6 if you have 10 or more ranks). A half elf recieves it as a bonus feat at chargen.

Myrleena

*is home, and ready to relax, so gives more detailed explanations now*

To my knowledge there isn't a way to get a class skill other than taking a class that gives it, or taking a trait that grants it. I'm not allowing traits unless someone takes the Extra Traits feat, so that takes out that option.

That said, since not having it as a class skill merely doesn't give you a +3 bonus when you have ranks, Warlock is quite right that Skill Focus can make up for it, if you have sufficient feats for a non-drow, non-half-elf character.

Muse

Myr-chan, do we have a place to link our finished characters yet?  :)  And when do you want to start? 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

indarkestknight

It seems like it's widely known not only in the Flametower Empire but abroad that the Dragon Emperor rarely rewards exceptional service with transformation into a dragonblood. Is it as widely known that the Hellsmouth Dominion and the Shimmerdawn Kingdom can likewise transform a mortal into an demon or angel? Is it known that in the case of the Hellsmouth Dominion this might involve dying first?

Myrleena

No, the possible transformation into a demon or angel is not widely known, in part because...it doesn't always work.

indarkestknight

How are spells/class features/magic items that grant spell resistance to player characters handled?

Myrleena

I've been meaning to write that up, but I haven't managed to get to it yet. The short version, though, is going to be: If the Spell Resistance was 5+HD or less, it grants Lesser Magic Resistance +0 until the SR would have reached 11 or higher, at which point it becomes +2, and eventually (probably around SR 16) +4. It never upgrades to full Magic Resistance. SR with a base of 10 or 11+HD will instead start with Magic Resistance +0.