Star Wars: The Old Republic - Korriban Academy

Started by elfguy, October 20, 2011, 11:52:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

elfguy

The Galaxy is on the brink of war, the Empire is preparing its fleet, and the Republic is consolidating its forces. Among the deadliest, most powerful members of the Empire are the Sith. These Dark Side Force users train hard at the Sith Academy on Korriban to be accepted into the ranks, or killed while trying. Their training is harsh, and betrayal is a constant threat on the planet. Only the best, most cunning manage to complete their training.

As a new group of students arrives, they come from many different backgrounds. Some come here fully prepare to become Sith, while others have been found to possess a Force connection, and were forced to enroll in the Academy or die. Some still cling to concepts of kindness and gentleness, while others have only hatred in their heart. One thing is certain, none of them are going to have it easy, and their training starts on day one.

For this RP, I will play Darth Dendory, a Sith Mistress in charge of training a new group of arriving Sith Apprentices. I need 3-8 Apprentices who are willing to play and go through the Sith training. I'm hoping the RP can be a mixture of action and inter-personal relationships, where each student tries to gain prestige with the teacher, to out-smart the other students, and get what they want. Perhaps you'll want to cooperate with another student to get ahead of the others, only to betray them later.

I will play the teacher, Darth Dendory, and any plot related NPCs. I have several ideas for trials the students will need to go through. One thing of note, if someone drops from the game, I'll consider their character failed their trial. Also remember that you'll be apprentices so your Force powers should be somewhat limited, you aren't full Sith yet.

Character sheet

Appearance:

Name:

Race:

Bio:

Equipment:

Force powers:

Ons/Offs and limits:
----

elfguy

Appearance:

Name: Darth Dendory

Race: Human

Bio: Dendory grew up as a slave on Hutta. She was owned by a Hutt, just like her parents before her. When she discovered she had Force powers, she tried her best to keep it hidden. But one day, her parents were killed in front of her as an example by the Hutt. She lost it, and in a fit of rage, used Force Lightning to kill the Hutt responsible. She fled the scene, but was soon found by an Imperial Agent, who heard of what she did, and told her that the only way she could survive now was joining the Academy. While she didn't want to at first, she actually found herself at home on Korriban. She was very resentful of her earlier life, and her hatred made her a strong Force user. She became a Sith Sorceress, able to channel powerful Force skills. When her training was over, she elected to stay in her new home and become a teacher for future Sith Apprentices. Now, she's renowned to be a fairly ruthless mistress, rarely showing compassion.

Equipment: Dendory doesn't wear an armor, instead electing for a red outfit of mostly cloth and leather fabrics, allowing her complete flexibility. She has a single red lightsaber and she is quite adept at using it, although her most powerful skill is her impressive Force connection. She is one of the most powerful Force users in the Academy.

Force powers: Force Choke, Force Lightning, Force Shock, Force Scream, Force Charge, Force Whirlwind, Force Barrier

Ons/Offs and limits: Offs: Death, no other limit.
----

Kendra

freeform or system?

if freeform then I am all in ;)
and will have a CS done up by tomorrow ;)
reserving ... for my sith apprentice

Karasu

I am so tempted because of one character I have...
Removed, due to vandalism.

elfguy

It's freeform. Also no canon character, but you can use an existing character image to base yours on.
----

HairyHeretic

Are you thinking of incorporating elements from the MMO?
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

Kendra

sweet!!
she won't be canon - I'm just going to use her image is all  8-)

*snugs up Hairy before leaving again*

elfguy

I'll use the time period and general mood of the Korriban Academy from The Old Republic.

Feel free to put up char sheets. I'm thinking we need 3-8 students to do this.
----

elfguy

I would say NC, because that's definitively an option, although personal ons/offs have to be respected, which is why there's a line for that in the char sheet.
----

Frelance

I am definitly interested. I will put up a character as soon as I can. I am thinking of using a Clawdite.
Evolution is an arms race

elfguy

Well as I said I want to leave the option for NC relations, because it just fits the Sith best, which are always cunning against others and looking for any opportunity to take advantage of fellow students. If you don't want NC you can say so in your offs, but it's up to you if you don't want to see any NC scenes at all it may be best you not joining.
----

HairyHeretic

As much as I suspect I would enjoy this, right now I'm behind on the games I do have, so taking on more wouldn't be fair on anyone. I'll wish you every success with it though.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion :)

Cattle die, kinsmen die

Kendra

Nooo!! coz I'm in the same boat too >.<

I'll wait until after the weekend to see if I've even got time to do a CS up ... this weekend is kicking my celestial butt  ::)

Frelance

I hope you will have the time to stick with this Kendra :)

Elf let me know if I need to edit my profile.

Character sheet

Appearance: This is the apperance he choose to mask himself mwith and this is what his true form is.

Name: Aquil Nel

Race: Clawdite

Bio: Aquil was born on board a smugglers ship just a few day after his parents had escaped the ghettos on their home world of Zolan. His child hood was spent learning how to gain control over his ability as a changeling but after he had learnt how to keep one form constantly until his day was finished his parent's teachings slowed down and focused more on meditation and how to ignore distractions as well as dealing with that pain that came from changing.

By the time he was ten he had enough control over his abilities to pass as human so he started working with his parents on the smuggling ship that they had bought with what they had been able to save over the last ten years. He was finally able to explore the ports they travelled to without constant supervision form his parents. He had never been able to go far because he was not in full control of his form.

He noticed that with a select few individuals he was able to convince them to give him much more than the goods he was trading was worth. Other the years the ability grew more powerful.

It was when he tried to use the mind trick on a customs officer and was unsuccessful that he came to the attention of an Imperial agent who gave him the choice between death or the academy. He chose the academy without hesitation knowing that even if he was able to escape execution which was almost impossible the academy would give him a chance at what he thought of as a better life.

Equipment: Light armor that covers most of his body which also allows him to only keep the skin from his shoulders up in his human form. When he was taken to the Academy he brought one blaster pistol, he had been told that it would be no use to him but he still kept it with him. He has only brought a few hollow records that he had been able to gather over the years through trades or stealing them.

Force powers: Force persuasion

Ons/Offs and limits: Death is the only limit that is not up for discussion.

MarissaSeraphOfInsanity

Oh! I've really been in the mood for a good Star Wars roleplay, and I've been having minor cravings for something school based as well. I also have a slight sadistic streak so this really scratches all my itches at the moment XD

Although I think Kendra should definitely stay and keep me company ;)
"She is all the great heroines of the world in one. She is more than an individual. I love her, and I must make her love me. I want to make Romeo jealous. I want the dead lovers of the world to hear our laughter, and grow sad. I want a breath of our passion to stir dust into consciousness, to wake their ashes in pain."

Can You Cast Me Far From Grace? ~ Ons and Offs (WIP)

Sic Transit Seraphim ~ Apologies, Absences and Admiral Ackbar

elfguy

Well we have 1 char sheet so far and a couple of people who expressed interest. We need some more.
----

Frelance

Does anyone know the best sites for information on the galaxy's history? I have watched the twelve short videos that Bioware put out for the Galactic timeline which I will put in the bottom of this thread and I have reading a few wiki pages on the history but I am just looking to see if anyone can recommend a good site.

Link to youtube

HairyHeretic

Cattle die, kinsmen die

Frelance

elfguy

----

Frelance

Ghostraven

Are you still looking for players for this game?
I can probably have a character sheet up tomorrow or Friday at the latest if you are.

Frelance

Ya we are still looking for players. At least  Elf has not said otherwise anyway :)

elfguy

Right now we have 1 filled char sheet. Until we get a couple more this won't be possible.

----

Ghostraven

OK; I'll get a sheet put together and keep my fingers crossed.   :-)

TTYL

Ghostraven