Blood on the Clocktower - A Social Deduction Game of Lies and Fuckery

Started by Praxis, October 02, 2023, 11:14:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Envious

TexasWarren

Quote from: Envious on January 20, 2024, 11:55:52 PMIt's never too late for lies and fuckery!

True that. And Please Note I started the Chaos for you Envious!

Praxis

Quote from: Shayera on January 20, 2024, 01:43:03 AMHi there. Is it too late to join?
Hey hiya!

We can absolutely bring you in!

I'll send you some Information for tomorrow by PM.  And then get you added in a few days!

Remiel

Welcome, Shayera!

Just a warning: things can get pretty intense in here.  Not in a bad way (usually!)  I mean in the way that you might wake up to find that there are 54 new posts in the thread while you were away.

FyreFoxx

Quote from: Remiel on January 22, 2024, 05:09:46 PMWelcome, Shayera!

Just a warning: things can get pretty intense in here.  Not in a bad way (usually!)  I mean in the way that you might wake up to find that there are 54 new posts in the thread while you were away.

Only 54? I woke up one day to over 120! I nearly died right then and there.
 Current Status: CLOSED
 Den of Iniquity (O/O) Updated Aug 19, 2023
 What does the Foxx say? (A/A) Updated Oct 1, 2023
 Scrolls and Shinies (Story Cafe) Inactive

TexasWarren

The good news is that you can play without reading any of them. Lol

Remiel

Quote from: TexasWarren on January 22, 2024, 05:23:41 PMThe good news is that you can play without reading any of them. Lol
Oh man, don't tell Neer that.  They'll have a heart attack.

Envious

Do what I do and read none of them. It's not important anyway. Go the chaos route!

Ket

Quote from: Envious on January 22, 2024, 09:02:33 PMDo what I do and read none of them. It's not important anyway. Go the chaos route!
I basically did that the last game and realized too late that I messed up so bad. 
she wears strength and darkness equally well, the girl has always been half goddess, half hell

you can find me on discord Ket#8117
Ons & Offs~Menagerie~Pulse~Den of Iniquity
wee little Ketlings don't yet have the ability to spit forth flame with the ferocity needed to vanquish a horde of vehicular bound tiny arachnids.

Envious

Quote from: Ket on January 22, 2024, 09:11:29 PMI basically did that the last game and realized too late that I messed up so bad.
No way. Random was just exceptional!

Random

Quote from: Envious on January 22, 2024, 09:13:58 PMNo way. Random was just exceptional!

*runs in, gives Envi a running high F5, runs on out again*

Praxis

Season 5 is almost a wrap!

We're absolutely looking for people that are interested in participating in Season 6!

I'm not going to broadbrush with this recruitment post like I have in the past.

Things to be aware of before throwing your hat in the townsquare...

+  This is one of the best social deduction games presently out there BUT there is an upfront mental cost to playing this.  You're not going back to school but you will need to put in a minimum amount of effort paying attention to what is going on, otherwise you are going to be hopelessly lost.

+  It's a mean game.  Not the players.  The players are fuckin' great.  But the game is absolutely mean.  Yes, you CAN play the game with a noblesse oblige  style but this game actively puts you in situations where you will need to lie or gaslight people...or you lose.

+  This is a game.  And it's fun but it IS a game and no one is getting judged for playing hard and embracing the tenets of the game which are indeed, deception, manipulation, deception, manipulation and fuckery...and deception.

+  It will benefit you to have a bit of fight in you.  Not actively fight with the players but to actively fight against the mechanics of the game.  The game deliberately misleads and obfuscates and you will need to work with other players to find kernels of truth and desperately hold onto those truths until you can put together a better idea of who the evil players are.  You have to want to fight against the misinformation and disinformation that you will encounter.  That can be a pretty significant request in this day and age.

+  If you don't understand what is going on, let people know and then ask questions.  And then ask more questions.

So those were the bad things...

Some good things you will want to be aware of...

+  It's SUCH an excellent group of people...like...wow.  People who care and people who absolutely want to help you.  People who are eager to answer questions on top of asking you how you're doing and how your day has been.

+  There's some pretty funny shit that happens.

+ You get to create a Rube Goldberg machine but rather than gears and hammers and balls and ramps, you got people.  For those of you that this resonates with...yeah...this game is for you.

So there it is.

Blood on the Clocktower.  The preeminent social deduction game (presently) that will have you shaking your fists at the sky in helpless, ineffective fury...or shaking your fists at the sky in victory as you stand atop a pile of your defeated adversaries.

With some high-fives thrown in from the friends you made along the way.

And some might say that the real victory are the friends you made along the way...but those people probably lost their last game of Clocktower and they're just waiting to play again and be ruthless monsters for the next game.

Praxis

Welcome to Season 6 Recruitment!

We are looking for 3 or 4 players!

I'm not gonna try to explain this too much.  IF you're interested, check out the first five or so posts in this thread.  I'm deliberately making you work for this a little just to prove that you're going to engage with the group when you join.  <3

Now a little bit about our current Season 6 confirmed players.

We have an undefeated player (@Random) with a sordid history of lying, deception, lies, manipulating, lying, tom-foolery, jiggery-pokery, argle-bargle,  gaslighting and being very charming and likeable even when she's killing you or your neighbors.  Possibly especially when she's killing you and/or your neighbors.  Oh yeah...sometimes she's on the good team but mostly...she's just evil.  No one can stop her victorious rampage.  Can you do it?  Please?  Seriously please help stop her.

We have our previously undefeated player (@Hatless) who was knocked off her pedestal by Random.  Hatless has an axe to grind and a grudge to bear.  Not the kind of bear you're thinking of.  A different kind of bear.

...anyway!   

Hatless is what you get when Clarice Starling from The Silence of the Lambs and Hannibal Lecter from The Silence of the Lambs have a terrifyingly smart baby and then that baby becomes a Warhammer 40K Imperial Inquisitor who then interrogates all of the other Imperial Inquisitors who eventually die from fright and stress over having been her adversary.  She's a problem.  Pray you and she are on the same team.  Seriously.  Find God...or Goddess...or all knowing A.I. and then pray to be on her team.  Then join this game.  Really...seriously.

Oh...and she's "hatless" because her brain is so big, she can't wear normal hats.  Her original username was "IWearBathtubsForHats" but for whatever reason...no one would write with her.

Every game has to have one! A handsome, sexy, magnificent bastard. ( @Remiel )  If you swapped out web-swinging with telling lies with the truth. Then swap out patriotism with telling the truth with lies, Remiel is basically Spider-Man and Captain America...simultaneous like.  When he's got his hand in your pocket, sometimes he's leaving you a delicious cupcake.  Sometimes he's leaving you a delicious hand grenade and sometimes he's just got his hand in your pocket because he's being friendly.  He's a fucking problem...watch out for him.  Like...he's actually a problem.

We also got ourselves the sweet, smart, bookish sort!  ( @Ket  )  You might think, "Oh man...she's sweet and smart and funny and seemingly bookish!  I'm going to trust her completely!"    Yeah...probably don't do that.  She's never even been on the evil team yet and still we're all afraid of her.  It's not a zero percent chance that she killed someone who is sweet, smart and bookish and is simply wearing their face.  Seriously...it's possible.

And last but not least is our game-breaking enigma. ( @c0i9z  )   c0 might be quiet.  So is the dingo that's about to steal your baby from your tent.  So is the ninja swapping out the lid on your double-shot latte with a poison shuriken...you dumb idiot!   c0 will poke up their head turn the whole fuckin' game upside down...regularly.  They are often an inflection point in every game and it wouldn't surprise anyone at all if it was reported that c0 is actually just a world-annihilating, dream-crushing, soul-devouring artificial intelligence.

AND @Caela !!   I need to write her blurb...which is coming!  I blame her for not telling me two weeks ago that she was playing in Season 6 and I'm NOT blaming myself for being an incompetent, disorganized GM...   (GM = Great Man)

But they are all SO nice!

Seriously.  For really reals.

They are always ready to help out, answer questions you might have outside of the game and give enthusiastic high-fives (mostly Random) in game and out of game.

They are without a doubt some of the finest people I've had the good fortune to meet on E.

This is a fun, nuanced, challenging game that will reward you, the more you put into it.

You don't even know how much you deserve to play this game...but you do.  You deserve it!

WHY DON'T YOU WANT WHAT YOU DESERVE!!???!?!?!
Post here, or shoot any of us a PM if you have questions.

Remiel

Join us!  We don't bite!

Well, mostly.

But yeah, if you've ever played Ultimate Werewolf, or Town of Salem, or any kind of Mafia-type game, you pretty much know what you're in for.

Let the mindfuckery commence!

Random

I'll high-five you with one hand while slitting your throat with the other.

It's not a big deal, really.

But seriously, come play this super-fun game! I've participated for three seasons, and it is the. Best. We're all friendly, and helpful, and there's popcorn! Oh, and a cotton candy machine that none of us know how to use. Come help us make cotton candy! And lie to each other! And kill each other!

Praxis

Quote from: Random on February 21, 2024, 03:06:56 PMCome help us make cotton candy! And lie to each other! And kill each other!

Ugh...you're the worst.

Worst Imtheworst GIF - Worst Imtheworst Community GIFs

That's literally the slogan for this year's Arkansas State Fair.  Change this or they WILL come after us!

FyreFoxx

Praxis

Quote from: FyreFoxx on February 21, 2024, 03:21:35 PM...I kinda wanna know what my write-up would have been. >.>

Come back!

I've so got a write up for you.

Mental health and social well-being is over-rated  (It's actually not.  It's super important and you deserve to take care of yourself and rest.  We think you're great.) (But also, no.  Not writing you a thingy until you come back...too bad!)

Random

Quote from: Praxis on February 21, 2024, 03:18:44 PMThat's literally the slogan for this year's Arkansas State Fair.  Change this or they WILL come after us!

Come help us make cotton candy! And lie to each other! And kill each other!™

...fixed it!

Quote from: FyreFoxx on February 21, 2024, 03:21:35 PM...I kinda wanna know what my write-up would have been. >.>

I can't wait until you come back so we can see it! 

Take care of yourself, but hurry back, but get plenty of rest, but don't go away, okay? <3

Praxis

Quote from: Remiel on February 21, 2024, 03:32:28 PMSeriously.  That tea ain't gonna sip itself! <3

*Checks to see if it does and shouts from the kitchen*

It really doesn't!

FyreFoxx

Well, I guess I just have to some create some more chaos.

GET MY TEA BREWING! I'M GOING IN!

Quote from: Praxis on February 21, 2024, 03:24:28 PMCome back!

I've so got a write up for you.

Mental health and social well-being is over-rated  (It's actually not.  It's super important and you deserve to take care of yourself and rest.  We think you're great.) (But also, no.  Not writing you a thingy until you come back...too bad!)

I better see an amazing write up!

Random

@FyreFoxx 

*excitedly puts on the tea and makes sure the best teacups are all clean*