PokéMage Academy: School for Witchcraft and Wizardry. (Open, Recruiting)

Started by BlackestKnight, October 20, 2013, 04:46:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlackestKnight

In this world Pokemon are a Mage's Familiars. With their magic and style of battle heavy influenced on the Pokemon they choose, each Mage will learn to master their power at the Arcadian School of Magic.

You heard right. Pokemon and Harry Potter. You got a problem with that?

Welcome to the land of Arcadia. A land where magic is power and your Familiar is the source of your magic. The Arcadian School of Magic was created to mold future generation of mages to fully understand their power.

Within the hundreds of year the school has been standing one thing is certain, the link between poke-familiar and PokéMage has gradually been weakening due to mysterious circumstances. 

A new year is starting at the school with young mages coming in to meet their familiars and learn the wonders of magic, but as anyone knows every always bright and there is a dark underworld which will engulf any young mage that allows it to into the darkness the world holds.

Houses/Type Breakdown

(Mostly Accurate graph of houses and their immediate types)

Whichever house a Pokémage is affiliated under will determine what type of poke-familiar that Pokémage will have access to, for the exception of one poke-familiar that can be acquired via trade. That means you're allowed one type freebie. Starting Pokémages are allowed up to three non-legendary (max) pokemon of their choosing(choose wisely).

Though some poke-familiars such as dual types can be used by more than one house.  All houses are allowed to use ghost-types.

House Arcanine

Griffindor Arcanine is one of the four Houses of Arcadia School of Poké Witchcraft and Wizardry  , founded by PokéMage Red. Its emblematic pokemon is that of an Arcanine, and its colours are red and gold. ___________ is the most recent known House Leader. particular characteristics of students Sorted into Arcanine are courage, chivalry and determination. The Arcanine Common Room is located in one of the castle's towers (Arcanine Tower), the entrance to which is located on the seventh floor 

Type Specialty:

• Fire
    • Electric
    • Fighting
    • Normal

House Serperior

Slytherlin Serperior house values ambition, cunning and resourcefulness and was founded by PokéMage Silver. Its emblematic pokemon is a serperior, and its colours are emerald green and silver. Serperior corresponds roughly to the element of darkness.  ___________ is the most recent known House Leader.
    The Slytherin Dormitories and common room are reached through a bare stone wall in the Dungeons. The Serperior common room lies beneath the Black Lake. It is a long, low underground room with rough stone walls and silver lamps hanging from the ceiling.

Type Specialty:

• Poison
    • Dark
    • Dragon/Serpents
    • Ice

House Sandslash

Hufflepuff, House Sandslash, founded by PokéMage Takeshi(Brock), values hard work, patience, loyalty, and fair play rather than a particular aptitude in its members. Its emblematic animal is the Sandslash, and Yellow and Black are its colours. ___________ is the most recent known House Leader.  The Sandslash Dormitories and common room are located somewhere in the basement, near the castle's kitchens. It can be accessed by tapping the barrel two from the bottom, middle of the second row.

Type Specialty:

• Ground
    • Rock
    • Grass
    • Bug

House Honchrow

Ravenclaw Honchrow is one of the four Houses of Arcadia's School of Poké Witchcraft and Wizardry, founded by PokéMage Blue. Members of this house are characterised by their wit, learning, and wisdom. Its house colours are blue and bronze, and its symbol is a Honchrow. The Honchcrow common room is in one of the castle's towers and is wide and circular. You have to climb a tight spiral staircase to get there.   

Type Specialty:

• Flying
    • Psychic
    • Water
    • Steel

House Leaders

House leader Arcanine:
    House leader Serperior:
    House leader Sandslash: Reserved
    House leader Honchkrow:

If you've been paying attention so far, you're probably wondering what the heck a house leader is , it's basically as it sounds. It's a student who's been chosen to represent their respective house(s). Similar to a prefect except they are elected by vote of peer. They have a little bit of governing prestige and are recognized as a liaison between the teaching staff and the student body, but nothing really overstepping. It's more of a public figure position than anything else.

Elite 4/Cynthia

The Elite 4 are  four pre-eminent headmaster instructors who head the various magic departments that make up Arcadia. You know like Snape and Minerva McGonagall. There's not much to say about them other than what their abilities speak for them-self. They're the elite of the elite. They're here to help you progress your talents. Don't be afraid to say hi!

Grand Sorceress Cynthia:

Headmaster Lance:
    Headmistress Misty:
    Headmistress Shauntal:
    Headmaster Koga:

Wand Natures

Oak Neutral

Apple Attack + Defense -

Cypress Attack + Speed -

Redwood Attack + Special Attack -

Ebony Attack + Special Defense -

Cedar Neutral

Maple Defense + Attack -

Fossil Wood Defense + Speed -

Birch Defense + Special Attack -

Walnut Defense + Special Defense -

Ivy Neutral

Spruce Speed + Attack -

Pine Speed + Defense -

Aspen Speed + Special Attack  -

Hazel Speed + Special Defense  -

Chestnut Neutral

Cherry Special Attack + Attack -

Hawthorne Special Attack + Defense-

Yew Special Attack + Speed-

Fir Special Attack + Special Defense -

Mahogany Neutral

Rosewood Special Defense + Attack -

Ash Special Defense + Defense -

Reed Special Defense + Speed -

Sycamore Special Defense + Special Attack -

PokéMagick Spells

Familiar Spells

• Summon Familiar
    • Capture Familiar(beginner)
    • Capture Familiar (advanced)
    • Capture Familiar(master)
    • Familiar Retreat
    • Familiar Synchronization
    • Familiar Healing
    • Familiar Healing(advanced)
    • Grand Healing(master)
    • Familiar Resurrection
    • Familiar Veil
    • Familiar Speak
    • Familiar Sprout

Passive Spells

• Levitate
    • Broom Broom
    • Spring Lock
    • Animation
    • Barrier
    • Grand Barrier
    • Bridge
    • Instant Travel
    • Ward
    • Insight
    • Burden
    • Poison Apple(forbidden)

Application for Students

[/list]
    Played By:
    Name:
    Height:
    Weight:
    Appearance:
    House:
    Wand: (size, model, type, etc)
    Specialty Magicks:
    Personality:
    Grade: (1-5 years)
    Bio: (optional)

Application for Staff

Played By:
    Name:
    Height:
    Weight:
    Appearance:
    House:
    Wand: (size, model, type, etc)
    Specialty Magicks:
    Personality:
    Position:

summoner2183

Carlissa

*Ahem*

I know this is a work in progress, but are you planning to include stuff from X and Y? Most notably the Fairy type and Mega Evolutions?
    "Damn kids doing work. Back in my day we worked 18 hours a day and still had time for 12 hours of fun before a solid 8 hours of sleep in 24 hours".

BlackestKnight

Quote from: Carlissa on October 20, 2013, 07:35:32 PM
    *Ahem*

I know this is a work in progress, but are you planning to include stuff from X and Y? Most notably the Fairy type and Mega Evolutions?

Nah, that mega evolution stuff seems a bit too complicated. I thought the idea to introduce a mega evolution was kinda dumb to be honest. I'm not sure what to do with the fairy type just yet.

Angie

Avatar is by Lemonfont. Will remove it if he asks me to.

Come check the Cyberpunk Images Thread!

BlackestKnight

UllarWarlord

Carlissa

Quote from: BlackestKnight on October 20, 2013, 07:42:59 PM
    Nah, that mega evolution stuff seems a bit too complicated. I thought the idea to introduce a mega evolution was kinda dumb to be honest.

Understandable. Personally I think they're doing more harm than good for the series...
    "Damn kids doing work. Back in my day we worked 18 hours a day and still had time for 12 hours of fun before a solid 8 hours of sleep in 24 hours".

BlackestKnight

So far I'm thinking about going for the following for my starter team.

Starting Team:

Heracross(bug)
    Golurk(ground/ghost)
    Archeops(rock/flying)

Not sure what freebie I'll use.

summoner2183

BlackestKnight

I'm gonna explain the wand system when I get a chance, wands can be as big as you want them to be and come in many different forms(canes, guitars, swords, etc) but on average they're only about 10 1/2 inches. The type of wood your wand is made from, determines what kind of natural boosts your poke-familiars will receive, similar to the nature system.

Angie

In that case, I'm debating between going for a heavy wood and a Squirtle as my main (say, oak or hickory, good strong woods. You ever tried getting oak to burn?) or Totodile and something that would give a speed boost. Can we mix and match regions when it comes to picking our team?
    Avatar is by Lemonfont. Will remove it if he asks me to.

Come check the Cyberpunk Images Thread!

kckolbe

Ons/Offs  A/A  Oath of the Drake
    (From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
    I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Buffy: The Vampire Slayer(IC#2)
    Intro Thread

Winds Of Lust

what a oddly interesting choice for a cross over. I'm all aboard!

I'm thinking Hanchrow with a Skarmory or Arcanine with a magnamite.