[Recruitment/Interest Check] Exalted 2.5: Return of the Mighty

Started by Dracorion, November 08, 2012, 11:17:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Re Z L

everything_better_than_expected.png

I'll take a look at what we have so far unless anyone has any requests.

I'll say this though, I don't like playing Lunars  ;)
A&A

Dracorion

Well let's see. I believe the current roster is two Dawns, two Eclipses, one one-armed Twilight, one social-medic Fire Aspect DB, one Day Caste Abyssal martial artist assassin.

Thorns was toying with a Lunar, but he's going to be late in joining.

Characters other than Solars, Lunars, Dragon-blooded or Abyssals are available.

Re Z L

Hmm...I have an idea for a Zenith/Night (leaning Night) "Prince of Thieves" sort of concept.  Primarily social/larceny with Black Claw Style   >:)
A&A

Dracorion

I swear, you guys are putting together the most crazy redundant team on purpose XD

Laughing Hyena

Chajesdad

Wow, Hippo Lunar, all I can think of is the Hippo rapstar from Madagascar 2 Moto Moto.
What were you thinking just now?

https://elliquiy.com/forums/onsoffs.php?u=31109 Ons and Offs

AndyZ

Name: The Uncrowned Princess
Caste: Midnight
Anima: Featureless black vortexes, though one cannot escape the feeling that those beyond are watching from within
Motivation: Become worthy of the voice

Strength 2 Dexterity 5 Stamina 2
Charisma 5 Manipulation 2 Appearance 5
Perception 2 Intelligence 3 Wits 2

*Archery 3 (Bows +3)
Athletics 1
*Awareness 1
*Dodge 1 (Zero Mobility Penalty +3)
*Integrity 2
Investigation 1
*Linguistics 1
Lore 1
*Occult 1
*Performance 5
*Presence 5
*Resistance 3
Socialize 3
*Survival 0

The Crimson Bow 4
Followers 1 (Caress)
Resources 4 (Caress)
Whispers 5

Essence 2 Willpower 9
Compassion 2 Conviction 3 Temperance 2 Valor 2

Archery Triumphant
Whithering Feathered Maelstrom
Splinter of the Void - Bloodthirsty Arrow
Banished Bow Arsenal
Integrity Triumphant
Heart of Darkness
Performance Triumphant
Presence Triumphant
Injury-Absorbing Discipline
Ox-Body Technique
Spirit-Hardened Frame

The Uncrowned Princess doesn't really remember her life before her Exaltation.  They tell her that that's a blessing.  Only pain and anguish comes of remembering how things used to be, and her mistress, the Lover Clad in the Raiment of Tears, provided her a kindness by removing such traumatic memories.

She always had so much to learn.  The cacophany of whispering voices started from the first instant that she can remember.  She knows that she used to fight against it, trying to ignore their horrible tones and the dark images that burn through her mind.  Now she can't remember why.  She'd be alone, lost without them.

The only proof to the contrary came in a voice, booming and powerful.  He told her that this wasn't her path, that he believed in her and that she would find the way back.  She still doesn't understand, but she knows what she felt when she heard his voice.  He saw something in her, that he knew everything she could be and that he would never give up on her.  If she believed in love, she would almost think that he loved her.  Of course, if she believed in love, she'd understand how she felt about him.

From then on, everything the Lover told her seemed hollow.  Although the Uncrowned Princess never said so, the Lover quickly picked up on her deathknight's loss of adoration, and has since all but abandoned her.  All the Uncrowned Princess would have to do is pray to the Lover and beg to return to her good graces...but she can't.  She has to find out about this voice.  She has to understand.

Now she lives in Nexus, set up in Bastion District with a whorehouse named Caress.  Each of the five girls who works there has been well trained by the Uncrowned Princess, using the lessons she learned from the Lover Clad in the Raiment of Tears.

I've been considering taking the Amnesia and Sterile flaws as they fit the concept, but I'm not sure if they'd even be worth points since they wouldn't really be problematic flaws.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

Dracorion

Right, Andy, I'd appreciate it if you could list what kind of equipment Uncrowned Princess is carrying, other than her powerbow. You took a Dodge specialty to eliminate mobility penalty, so I'd assume she's at least wearing armor.

As for your Bows specialty, I'm afraid I have to turn it down. 70% (or more) of the archery anyone does is with bows, so it's best if you pick a more specific specialty, like long bows, or artifact bows (that is, powerbows).

Other than that, I'd also like it if you could list your BP expenditures.

As for Sterile, I don't think it I'll allow it, sorry. Maybe as a 1-BP merit exclusive to Abyssals.

About Amnesia, I could also allow it if Uncrowned Princess' life pre-Exaltation is significant in some way. I'm not saying plot-centric, but if it can still impact the character even now, it works.

Zaer Darkwail

Also I guess AndyZ abyssal has Whisper background 3-5 dots? Anyways I recommend also either take a manse or cult background for mote regen (my char is actually crippled on purpose for that point; he needs feast on living/blood to recover motes).

AndyZ

Quote from: Dracorion on November 17, 2012, 08:40:50 AM
Right, Andy, I'd appreciate it if you could list what kind of equipment Uncrowned Princess is carrying, other than her powerbow. You took a Dodge specialty to eliminate mobility penalty, so I'd assume she's at least wearing armor.

Well, the spec is supposed to be for when she doesn't have any mobility penalty.  I forgot that I usually check with STs on that since it's not a canon one, but I've used it in MANY games and no one has ever had an issue, so I can drop it if you want but will otherwise keep it.

I'll figure out equipment for her.
As for your Bows specialty, I'm afraid I have to turn it down. 70% (or more) of the archery anyone does is with bows, so it's best if you pick a more specific specialty, like long bows, or artifact bows (that is, powerbows).

Powerbows it is.

Other than that, I'd also like it if you could list your BP expenditures.

Attributes 4, Abilities 1, Specialties 1, Willpower 4, Backgrounds 8

As for Sterile, I don't think it I'll allow it, sorry. Maybe as a 1-BP merit exclusive to Abyssals.

About Amnesia, I could also allow it if Uncrowned Princess' life pre-Exaltation is significant in some way. I'm not saying plot-centric, but if it can still impact the character even now, it works.

Fair enough.  I'll leave myself flawless then. ^_^

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on November 17, 2012, 09:50:11 AM
Also I guess AndyZ abyssal has Whisper background 3-5 dots? Anyways I recommend also either take a manse or cult background for mote regen (my char is actually crippled on purpose for that point; he needs feast on living/blood to recover motes).

Yeah, I'll build on that later.  She can always feed if she needs motes, and I think Nexus has a shadowland.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Zaer Darkwail

Umh, no shadowland in Nexus (at least canon wise). But it has crypts and tombs where you can go and so count to be in 'shadowland' to regen motes (as another way regen motes is to hang out in graveyard, even if it's not shadowland but it is connected to realm of the dead). Firewander has a wyldzone and so if you place shadowland top of that, it would cancel each other out.

AndyZ

Dracorion

Alright, the Zero Mobility Penalty specialty works for me. Though, like Zaer said, it might be worth it to consider getting a manse or cult. I don't intend to keep the group in Nexus forever, after all.

Re Z L

A&A

ChaoticSky

Well! Since the player count has been raised, and I can get in now, I need to read this whole thing over before i make mine, that said, I am planning on a Lunar, or maybe a Raksha if i can come up with a interesting enough character that I think it might sell.

Re Z L

Well if you do make a Lunar I think most of the Solaroids are willing to be mates if that's something you're interested in   ;D
A&A

Zaer Darkwail

Isabella as nightcaste?! Awesome!

Quote from: Re Z L on November 17, 2012, 04:02:49 PM
Well if you do make a Lunar I think most of the Solaroids are willing to be mates if that's something you're interested in   ;D

This above is fact ;). You get plenty of menu choose whose lunar mate you want to be (or choose none if you prefer). As note abyssals and infernals can count to be solar mates also; as both exaltations still hold the bond in them and it still functions/works. Or you can be part of Black Widow society among lunars, which means you hunt your own solar mate and kill him as form of sacred hunt (and often get help, as even attempt to kill own solar mate is emotionally draining as it is going against your lunar nature which was woven to be mate to a solar).

RSGAlex

Although, the most frightening thing that a Solar (or Infernal)/Lunar pair can do is hunt down some other Solar, and then abuse the zesty combination of Wyld Shaping Technique (or CCP) and Donning the Rainbow Veil.

Expensive as hell, but scary.
Signature Recreation Pending....

Downloading Drivers 1 of @*.

Please wait warmly.

Zaer Darkwail

Oh holy shit! Wyld charms outside wyldzone and top of that solaroid going wyld shaping technique. But why exactly hunt solar? Is it requirement for something (and I think abyssals have something similar but it works only in shadowlands/underworld).

Re Z L

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on November 17, 2012, 06:31:45 PM
Isabella as nightcaste?! Awesome!

Mwahaha   ;)

Decided to drop the martial arts though and go with throwing weapons...should have the sheet up here shortly...  hopefully ;D
A&A

RSGAlex

Mostly because Ess6/Int6 is hard enough, so why not get a little help on hitting 7/7?

The help being Golden Widow Method. And Solars because you don't want to the downsides of eating an Infernal or Abyssal.

This isn't exactly an easily accessible tactic or anything, just really scary.

Please wait warmly.

Dracorion

Quote from: RSGAlex on November 17, 2012, 06:37:30 PM
Although, the most frightening thing that a Solar (or Infernal)/Lunar pair can do is hunt down some other Solar, and then abuse the zesty combination of Wyld Shaping Technique (or CCP) and Donning the Rainbow Veil.

Expensive as hell, but scary.

Eh? Could you explain this combo? Because I can't find any Rainbow Veils in Exalted. Also, whatever CCP stands for doesn't immediately come to mind.

Zaer Darkwail

The charm is Donning the Rainbow Mantle (instead veil). It's from Lord's of Creation where most broken stuff is from first age (altough most of that stuff got 2.5 errata).

RSGAlex

Donning the Rainbow Mantle (my mistake) is a charm in Dreams of the First Age. It's Int 7, Ess 7, and it lets the Lunar treat the world around as being closer to the Wyld than it is. For two WP a person, this can be extended to others. For more motes, it goes even closer to the Wyld for charm purposes.

CCP is Constructive Convergance of Principles, I want to say. It's SWLiN's answer to Wyld Shaping Technique.

So, activate it in Creation. Let the Solar/Infernal shape Creation as though it were the Wyld. Profit. Granted, this takes an Elder Lunar to pull off, and is blindingly dangerous if you have enemies around, but it can also really pay off.

Unrelated
And I finally managed to find mechanics for making a demense by spending lots of motes. Eyay!

Please wait warmly.