Fable: Ruling Albion - Need a King or Queen in particular~!

Started by Primarch, October 19, 2013, 10:12:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bloodied Porcelain

Ahh... this is tempting. *eyes her games list and debates whether or not she can handle another*
I want no ordinary lover. I want a storm. I want sleepless nights and endless conversations at four a.m. I want passion, I want madness.
I want someone who's able to make my whole body shiver from a distance and also pull me close to make sense of all my bones.

~ Bizarre, Beautiful, And Breathtaking ~
~ O/O ~ Seeking ~ A/A ~ Mirrors and Masks ~ Poetry ~
She walked with the universe on her shoulders and made it look like wings.

Primarch

Quote from: Bloodied Porcelain on October 25, 2013, 06:53:32 PM
Ahh... this is tempting. *eyes her games list and debates whether or not she can handle another*

I have no intention of this being a particularly fast paced game. My usual approach is to put up a GM post and give everyone a few days to make a reply. There's no strict posting order, everybody posts when they get the chance and after everyone has made a post I'll put up another GM post. Then a new post cycle starts. There will usually be 5 days or even a round 7 between GM posts.

If that helps make a decision.

Bloodied Porcelain

That seems pretty fast, if you're saying you're going to start a new day on every GM post o.O Or did I misread that?
I want no ordinary lover. I want a storm. I want sleepless nights and endless conversations at four a.m. I want passion, I want madness.
I want someone who's able to make my whole body shiver from a distance and also pull me close to make sense of all my bones.

Carlissa

Quote from: Bloodied Porcelain on October 25, 2013, 07:14:19 PM
That seems pretty fast, if you're saying you're going to start a new day on every GM post o.O Or did I misread that?

I think he meant to move the Rp along, not start a new day.
"Damn kids doing work. Back in my day we worked 18 hours a day and still had time for 12 hours of fun before a solid 8 hours of sleep in 24 hours".

Primarch

Quote from: Bloodied Porcelain on October 25, 2013, 07:14:19 PM

Oh heavens no! A GM post might just be something as simple as Hobson providing the days Agenda or commenting on the groups decision thus far. There shall be quite a bit more time in between the start and end of each day!

Quote from: Carlissa on October 25, 2013, 07:20:37 PM
I think he meant to move the Rp along, not start a new day.

Something more along those lines, yes.

Bloodied Porcelain

I'm looking at possibly taking the hero of Bloodstone. Do we have to have a character from the game? My game is on the 360. =/

TheHangedOne

A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

Primarch

Quote from: Bloodied Porcelain on October 25, 2013, 07:56:37 PM
I'm looking at possibly taking the hero of Bloodstone. Do we have to have a character from the game? My game is on the 360. =/

Doesn't need to be from the game. So long as the character looks appropriate.

Bloodied Porcelain

Quote from: TheHangedMan on October 25, 2013, 07:57:18 PM
Wooo. Hey, BP.  ;D

Hey handsome. :)

Quote from: Primarch on October 25, 2013, 07:59:47 PM
Doesn't need to be from the game. So long as the character looks appropriate.

I'll look and see what I can come up with.

Carlissa

Quote from: Bloodied Porcelain on October 25, 2013, 07:56:37 PM

I'm doing mine by text, since I don't even have the game. It's one of the reasons why my profile is taking so long.

And besides, if we all used pictures from the game than our characters would eventually look alike...

"Damn kids doing work. Back in my day we worked 18 hours a day and still had time for 12 hours of fun before a solid 8 hours of sleep in 24 hours".

Bloodied Porcelain

By "appropriate" in looks, I assume you're talking about steam punkish type stuff?

Primarch

Something along those lines. Bowerstone is certainly rather Industrial England, Millfields is almost....Victorian I suppose? But it is the 'Upper Class' area. The outfits of Aurora or the Dwellers Camp are certainly of their own flavour. So it depends on where the character comes from I suppose, or how they want to be seen now that they are in a respectable leadership position. Probably rich and famous too.

Bloodied Porcelain

Well Bloodstone wasn't in Fable 3, but the wiki for 2 has them looking very piratey... so that's what I'm looking at right now.

Primarch

Nothing in Fable III suggests Bloodstone is any different now, as far as I can recall. Its only been 50 years.

kckolbe

Quote from: Primarch on October 25, 2013, 11:53:54 AM
Well the 'Mercenary' camp is probably the #1 spot for Bandits at the moment...as the game doesn't really seem to differentiate between the two. But it can be the number one spot for prostitutes!

I should point out that your character doesn't have supreme power over the location, he doesn't own the city just a leader figure.
I'm rather sure prostitution is allowed every where in Albion. You can even open a Brothel in Fable III when you're King/Queen.

Well, I was thinking my character bought most of the property (since I was gonna dump a lot of points into Landowner) which put a lot of money into the town to start up real businesses.  It still has the heritage of crime, but now that there is the significant tourist income (according to the wiki) I imagine that the level of crime would drop a lot.

I know he wouldn't rule them, just have a high level of influence and control due to his holdings there and mild badassery.
Ons/Offs  A/A  Oath of the Drake
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Buffy: The Vampire Slayer(IC#2)
Intro Thread

Carlissa

Quote from: Primarch on October 25, 2013, 09:13:27 PM
Nothing in Fable III suggests Bloodstone is any different now, as far as I can recall. Its only been 50 years.

"It's only been 50 years."

You say that like that isn't a very long time lol.

A lot has changed in Albion since Fable II, and I don't think it even took 50 years for the industrial revolution to start up. If my memory servers me right, it was Logan that made most of the changes to the Albion we knew, and that was in a span of a few years.

But you're right. There isn't much that the game suggested changed. Of course, you need to consider that Reaver ran the place in Fable II, and left it at the end of the game. That leaves a lot of space for changes, especially in the span of 50 years...

Quote from: kckolbe on October 25, 2013, 09:37:26 PM
Well, I was thinking my character bought most of the property (since I was gonna dump a lot of points into Landowner) which put a lot of money into the town to start up real businesses.  It still has the heritage of crime, but now that there is the significant tourist income (according to the wiki) I imagine that the level of crime would drop a lot.

I know he wouldn't rule them, just have a high level of influence and control due to his holdings there and mild badassery.

Wouldn't it make more sense for him to have the majority of his points invested into business? I'm not trying to tell you how to make your character or anything, but if he is the head honcho of Westcliff, I would imagine he would control most if not all of the prostitution business there. Prostitution is a pretty big business after all...

kckolbe

Quote from: Carlissa on October 25, 2013, 09:58:06 PM
Wouldn't it make more sense for him to have the majority of his points invested into business? I'm not trying to tell you how to make your character or anything, but if he is the head honcho of Westcliff, I would imagine he would control most if not all of the prostitution business there. Prostitution is a pretty big business after all...

Landowner: 299
Entrepreneur: 140
Crime: 10
Total: 449

I was currently thinking of something like this for the breakdown, but very willing to re-order.  I figure that while he makes a ton of money off of prostitution, it is also his biggest expense.  As for the businesses, I assumed most just paid him rent for the buildings, which is why I don't have entrepreneur as high.
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Intro Thread

Carlissa

I see.

But wouldn't the expenses of prostitution be less significant if the prostitutes were say... Slaves? I mean, slaves do exists in Albion at this point, so using slaves as prostitutes isn't a complete stretch. And it would be business smart, considering prostitutes who want to be prostitutes need to be paid, and slaves don't...

But it really depends on the enlightenment of your character. If he was evil, I would imagine he wouldn't mind using slaves. But if he was more neutral, he might not want to, or at least find a reason why it wouldn't be a good idea.

kckolbe

Intro Thread

Carlissa

Carlissa

Primarch, quick question. In the first post you constantly refer to the Hero the reveled against Logan as "The Hero of Bowerstone." Don't you mean the Hero of Brightwall?

Primarch

Quote from: Carlissa on October 29, 2013, 10:07:57 AM
Primarch, quick question. In the first post you constantly refer to the Hero the reveled against Logan as "The Hero of Bowerstone." Don't you mean the Hero of Brightwall?

Yes and no. In the actual game the character is in fact the 'Hero of Brightwall' however for the purpose of the game (that is, numerous Heroes and one from each settlement) he/she is being re-branded as the Hero of Bowerstone as the character is from and rules from Bowerstone while Brightwall has been left for someone (well me I guess?) to make a character from and ruling Brightwall.

LamentingQuill

I might be persuaded to be the hero of Bowerstone, I loved the Fable games. played 2 and 3.

Carlissa

Quote from: Primarch on October 29, 2013, 10:31:18 AM
Yes and no. In the actual game the character is in fact the 'Hero of Brightwall' however for the purpose of the game (that is, numerous Heroes and one from each settlement) he/she is being re-branded as the Hero of Bowerstone as the character is from and rules from Bowerstone while Brightwall has been left for someone (well me I guess?) to make a character from and ruling Brightwall.

Okay... But what does that make the old Hero of Bowerstone? Maybe the new on so slime, "Hero of Bowerstone the Second" or something?...

Quote from: LamentingQuill on October 29, 2013, 12:09:03 PM
I might be persuaded to be the hero of Bowerstone, I loved the Fable games. played 2 and 3.

Didn't play the first one or TLC? Those were the best ones.

Primarch

Quote from: Carlissa on October 29, 2013, 12:39:37 PM
Okay... But what does that make the old Hero of Bowerstone? Maybe the new on so slime, "Hero of Bowerstone the Second" or something?...

The previous Hero of Bowerstone being the character of Fable II? Well that character is deceased. So the mantle is passed.